Cheese Baked Omelet
There are lots of egg recipes to choose from if you want to enjoy eggs for breakfast, and this delicious, filling ingredient can be prepared in various ways. This cheese baked omelet is just one of your options.
Boiled, scrambled or fried eggs are always good, or you can make an omelet, either conventionally on the stove, or, if your stove is crowded with other breakfast delights such as bacon, sausage and mushrooms being fried, you can make an omelet in the oven.
Keep things easy using just eggs, milk or cream and a little onion to give the omelet some crunch. You can also add extra vegetables like bell pepper, mushrooms or even some snipped chives or fresh basil.
More Cheese Baked Omelet Tips
The following cheese baked omelet recipe offers four servings, but this omelet keeps for several days in the refrigerator, so enjoy it the next day, maybe with fried or grilled mushrooms on the side or some wilted spinach. Consider this too: halve a tomato and bake that along with the omelet.
Baked omelets do not look like fried ones because the shape is different, but they do taste the same. It’s just a different cooking method, that’s all.
- 6 large eggs
- ½ cup (125 ml) milk (any kind - whole, 2% fat, coconut milk, Half & Half etc)
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- ½ chopped yellow onion
- Small handful shredded cheddar cheese
- Small handful sliced red bell pepper (optional)
- Small handful sliced button mushrooms (optional)
- Fresh parsley, for garnish (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C).
- Whisk the eggs with the milk or cream.
- Grind in some salt and black pepper.
- Pour the egg mixture into a round casserole dish.
- Sprinkle the onion over the top, along with the cheese.
- Now add the mushrooms and/or bell pepper too if using.
- Bake the omelet for 20 minutes or until set.
- Cut it into wedges to serve, garnished with fresh parsley if you want.
Some More Hot Content For You
- Korean Tuna and Broccoli PancakesI had some leftover broccoli and decided to experiment a little, after the success of my vegetable jeon the other day. These Korean tuna and broccoli pancakes came out really well and I decided to share the recipe. They are so good! What are Jeon? Jeon (pronounced jun) is a Korean pancake and these fantastic little snacks make a great appetizer, or you could serve them as the main dish. Suitable for breakfast, lunch, dinner or just a snack, there are lots of different jeon recipes. Making this Korean tuna and broccoli pancakes recipe is easy. Combine an egg, a couple tablespoons of flour and a handful of your main ingredient (could be mashed .....
- Risotto Stuffed SquidThis Italian-inspired risotto stuffed squid recipe makes a delicious dinner and it is impressive enough to serve at a dinner party. Calamari is often battered and deep-fried but in this recipe it is stuffed with tasty risotto and cooked on the grill or griddle, then served in slices for a beautiful presentation. What Kind of Squid to Use for Risotto Stuffed Squid You can use whatever size squid you like. Use smallish ones (the width of your palm) and each person can eat 2 or even 3, or use larger ones and 1 per person should be sufficient. The size of the squid affects the cooking time (bigger squid take longer to become tender) but not the .....
- Lasagna with Ricotta and Italian SausageThis delicious lasagna with ricotta and Italian sausage is a snap to make and it freezes well too if you wrap individual portions in plastic wrap and then aluminum foil. Simply unwrap and reheat any time you want to enjoy this ricotta lasagna again. If you want to use ground beef rather than the Italian sausage, go ahead. Tasty Lasagna with Ricotta and Italian Sausage Additions Some people like to add some sage to the sausage or use sweet sausage instead of the hot kind and add some red chili flakes. You know which you like best, so go ahead and choose your favorite kind when preparing this lasagna with ricotta and Italian sausage. If you .....
- Easy Winkles RecipeWinkles are little black shellfish that look like snails. They may be enjoyed as part of a seafood platter or fruits de mer, or you can enjoy them as a snack by themselves, or with some bread and butter, as an easy winkles recipe appetizer. You can buy winkles either cooked or live but if you’re shopping for fresh ones (or picking your own) to make an easy winkles recipe, first you should check the smell. Good winkles smell slightly sweet and like the sea. They might move visibly. Live ones need to be rinsed in plenty of cold water before being soaked in salted water for half an hour before you boil them. Very Easy Winkles Recipe Ideas .....
- Folding WontonsSichuan wontons are known as ‘chao shou’ which means crossed hands, and they have a thickish, white wrapping. These wontons are boiled and served in a highly spicy sauce which is typical of nearly all Sichuan cuisine. The name is believed to refer to its wrapping style. The wonton wrapper is first folded into a triangular shape and then the two sides are brought to the front and they overlap. This looks a bit like someone with folded arms and it’s all in the folding wontons technique. In Shanghai the wontons are folded into triangles but the second fold features a little twist, giving it a cute shape. Cantonese wontons are .....
- Low Carb Mini Quiches RecipeWhether you serve these low carb mini quiches for breakfast, lunch, dinner or just as a snack, there is no doubt these mini quiches will satisfy your hunger. Eggs are a basic staple on low carb diets because they offer plenty of nutrients, they are filling and tasty, and there are so many recipes you can make with this versatile, budget ingredient. Eggs are great for vegetarians and pescetarians, as well as carnivores. Low Carb Mini Quiches: An Easy Freezy Idea! One great thing about this low carb mini quiches recipe is you can freeze the quiches, then just pop one in the microwave for half a minute. Make a big batch at once and you will .....
- Mac Makeup BrushesMac makeup brushes are used by professionals all over the world and if you want to buy discount Mac makeup brushes that is completely possible. This brand is really famous and offers high quality. Brush Choices Mac makeup brushes review websites will provide you with all of the information you need to determine which brushes you want to purchase. There are several different brushes to choose, which will ensure that you can apply your makeup with ease. All of the makeup brushes are made from top quality materials, ensuring that you are buying only the best......
- History of the ToiletToilet history may not seem appealing; however, you will be amazed how interesting this subject can be when you begin to learn all the fascinating facts about the history of the toilet. Millions of people take the marvel of modern day toilets for granted, and it is hard to imagine a time without this basic convenience. Modern day plumbing and sanitation systems have ensured that a huge majority of people own a toilet. Prior to the invention of the modern flush toilets, which are seen in households today, the waste would have been disposed of through the use of chamber pots. These were filled and taken outside to the outhouses to dispose of, .....
- Interesting Things about Stuffed SquidI love seafood, especially stuffed squid. I was born in England but have lived in various places including the Canary Islands and Spain, which is how I picked up many tips about cooking stuffed squid and other seafood and how I developed my love of squid, octopus and every delightful treat from the sea! Like many people, I was nervous about cooking squid because I was worried about it turning rubbery, but with the right recipe and the correct cooking time/temperature that is not a concern, and if my squid is not tender then I know it just needs more time. Yes, being a fan of stuffed squid means knowing how to cook it properly. When a sharp .....
- Parma Ham with Melon RecipeThis Parma ham with melon recipe is super easy and makes a great bite before any kind of main meal. Parma ham and melon are wonderful together. The delicate texture and saltiness of the Parma ham is the perfect contrast to the juicy sweetness of the melon. No wonder this is such a classic starter recipe. Always Up to Date Not only is this Parma ham with melon recipe a classic flavor pairing but it is also a timeless starter. What could be simpler than draping thin slices of ham over melon wedges? You only need 2 ingredients to make it so this is a good dish for any home chef to work on, even a total beginner. If you can make a cup of tea, .....