Easy Eggs Benedict
Easy eggs Benedict is one of the most amazing breakfast recipes ever. A toasted English muffin is topped with Canadian bacon, poached egg and finally homemade Hollandaise sauce for a rich, creamy and mouthwatering eat.
There are plenty of recipes online for diet versions of this dish but in my opinion nothing beats the real thing, so save this for a special occasion like your Christmas morning breakfast, or make it for someone’s birthday if you are concerned about the fat/calories or whatever. Made this way, you are sure to end up with the most mouthwatering version of the dish – the original version.
If you are making this for vegetarians, you can swap the Canadian bacon for spinach (that results in a dish called eggs Florentine which is also very tasty and of course boasts extra nutrients).
There is nothing difficult about making the best and most easy eggs Benedict recipe. Just stick to the recipe (don’t swap the fresh lemon juice for bottled or the butter for margarine!) and get organized. If the eggs get cold you can plunge them back into the hot water.
Easy Eggs Benedict Sauce
The sauce for our easy eggs Benedict should be made last so it can be served right away. Have someone help you if you aren’t good at making more than one thing in the kitchen at once.
- 3 English muffins
- 2 sticks (220g) butter
- 3 slices Canadian bacon
- 3 eggs
- 3 egg yolks
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Cayenne pepper, to taste (optional)
- Bring a pot of water to the boil then swirl it using a spoon.
- Crack in your whole eggs then cook for a couple of minutes.
- Put lightly buttered English muffin halves and Canadian bacon on a cookie sheet and broil for a few minutes.
- Melt the butter in a pan until it starts to sizzle.
- Put the 3 egg yolks in the blender.
- Blend the yolks on low, then pour the hot butter into the blender very slowly.
- Squeeze the lemon juice in there immediately, then add some cayenne (optional but tasty).
- Put a muffin face-up on a plate and then add bacon and then the cooked poached egg and finally some of the sauce.
- Repeat with the other muffins, bacon, eggs and sauce.
- You can pop the poached eggs back in the hot water for a few seconds if they have cooled down, then make the sauce right at the end.