Easy Spaghetti Carbonara
This is a classic Italian dish made with spaghetti, bacon and eggs. There are different variations – some people add cream or cream cheese, some will add parsley or another herb, and others will use whole wheat spaghetti over white spaghetti. However you prefer it, an easy spaghetti carbonara recipe is well worth adding to your culinary repertoire.
The following recipe is really simple, even if you are a newbie in the kitchen, and the flavor is amazing. This is good served with mixed salad leaves dressed with vinaigrette. Learning how to make spaghetti carbonara is a great idea if you want to serve something impressive but only have 2 pots on the stove.
When I made this easy spaghetti carbonara, I chose to add some cream cheese. It wasn’t necessary (I mean, it would’ve been good without it) but I wanted some creaminess in there. The authentic spaghetti carbonara recipe is made without the addition of cream or cream cheese, but if you want to add some, well it’s your dish! I also added turkey because I had some to use up and that was great in there.
Making Easy Spaghetti Carbonara Like a Pro
You need to cook the spaghetti first, following the instructions on the package and cooking it to al dente. This should take about 8 minutes depending on the kind of spaghetti you use. Meanwhile you can saute the bacon until crispy. Use a big skillet (frying pan) for this because you will end up tossing the spaghetti with the sauce in there.
The garlic goes in next, along with some cream cheese if you want to add it. Then you will be adding eggs, parmesan and some salt and pepper, mixing it all together with the drained spaghetti. The egg will cook quickly on contact with the hot skillet and hot spaghetti. Sprinkle some with parsley over it before you serve it.
- 4 oz (115g) spaghetti
- ⅓ cup (35g) freshly grated Parmesan
- 1 large egg
- 2 diced bacon slices
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon cream cheese (optional)
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Cook the spaghetti following the instructions on the pack.
- Meanwhile whisk the parmesan and egg together.
- Saute the bacon in a skillet for 6 minutes or until crispy.
- Stir in the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Drain the pasta and save ¼ cup (60ml) of the cooking water.
- Now add the drained spaghetti to the skillet, and also the egg mixture.
- Add the cream cheese, if using.
- Toss to combine and grind in some salt and pepper.
- Add some of the spaghetti cooking water if necessary (it might not be).
- Garnish with parsley and serve right away.
Some More Hot Content For You
- 10 Minute CrackslawSay you are in a hurry and you want to make some of your favorite recipe but you only have 10 minutes to spare – what can you do? The answer is to make 10 minute crackslaw. Rather than cooking the meat and vegetables separately, you will be saving time by cooking everything together. I always used to make the dish the regular way, which meant frying the meat, draining it, cooking the vegetables, then adding the meat back in and the seasonings, but since fat is not ‘the enemy’ when low carb eating you don’t even have to drain the meat after browning it, although if you’re using high-fat ground meat you might .....
- Lightly Spiced Pumpkin SoupPumpkin soup is a real favorite in this household but I never buy it, I always make it! There are two main ways to prepare this soup – leaning either towards the savory or towards the sweet. This lightly spiced pumpkin soup appeals to anyone who loves pumpkin and is neither too savory nor too sweet. Personally I like my pumpkin soup sweet although I add savory ingredients to it such as onion and garlic. Although roasting the pumpkin first is something most people do, if you are in a rush, you could just add it to the pot and let it simmer in the stock until tender. The flavor will not be that different. But if you want the best .....
- How to Make a White Wine Pasta SauceAlthough pasta goes great with all kinds of sauces, the gentle aromatic appeal of a white wine pasta sauce is something incredibly special. White wine pasta sauce is so easy to make and other ingredients which go well with the wine include garlic, butter and parsley. A lot of these white wine pasta sauce recipes might include olive oil instead of the butter, or alongside it, and you can make such a sauce even if you don’t really drink white wine, since you are just using it for a rich flavor and typically only need a splash. When making a white wine pasta sauce, it is important to use a white wine you would drink, not something labeled .....
- Halloween Candy Corn Brûlée PotsThese are fantastic for Halloween, and suitable for the kids and grownups too. The desserts are served in little jars and you can tie some black ribbon around them to add that festive feel. Why not try this Halloween candy corn brûlée pots this Halloween? The recipe is made in stages. You will be making several layers, then assembling the Halloween candy crème brûlée pots at the end and using a kitchen torch to get the sugar topping nice and crispy. If you don’t have a kitchen torch just omit the last part. Halloween Candy Corn Brûlée pots Make Great Halloween Fare Halloween is a great time to experiment in the kitchen. You can rustle .....
- How to Prepare a Cheese BoardA cheese board or cheese platter is always a popular sight at the table, whether served as a starter or after the meal. There are no hard and fast rules about setting up a cheese platter but we offer you some tips about putting together a tasty selection of cheeses. Learn how to prepare a cheese board and you will be able to rustle up this snack, appetizer or dessert alternative anytime the mood strikes. Choosing the Cheeses Aim for diversity in appearance, flavor and style. You might want to offer a hard cheese, a soft cheese and a blue cheese for example. Or you can serve three semi hard cheeses which are similar in texture but offer .....
- Best Loaded Nachos Comfort Food StyleSo you want to make the best loaded nachos comfort food? You’ve come to the right page. Very few dishes offer as much as nachos do, and that includes the wonderful flavors combining spicy with creamy with mild, as well as textures because you have all kinds of those, ranging from soft to crunchy. Nachos can be served as a snack, appetizer or meal, and homemade nachos are, of course, the best! The following best loaded nachos comfort food recipe combines nachos with beef, homemade pico de gallo, cheese, spices, and more. But this is your recipe so you could take inspiration from the photo and use leftover roast beef instead of the .....
- The Best Casserole Dishes to BuyAlthough it can be nice to have casseroles in many shapes, sizes and colors, that is not always practical. That is, unless you have a huge budget and a lot of storage spare. Instead it makes more sense to figure out what type of casserole you need, the brand you prefer, and the size and shape you want. Also consider the material the dish is going to be made of. Then you can get the best casserole dishes for your household. You might want to start off with one casserole dish, or you might like to invest in a set. Perhaps your favorite casserole broke and you are shopping for a replacement, in which case you will find you have more choice .....
- Lebanese Lamb MeatballsI love this Lebanese lamb meatballs recipe. I’ve only made the meatballs once so far but it’s something I’m definitely going to make again! These Lebanese lamb meatballs boast plenty of herbs in the form of parsley and mint. You might be surprised at the amount of herbs in these meatballs but, believe me, the combination works really well. Ground lamb is something I don’t use that often, just because the only place I can get it where I live is the Cash and Carry and that’s not somewhere I go much, but when I do use it I like to make something special, perhaps some comfort food like shepherd’s pie, or else .....
- Cream of Cauliflower Soup RecipeThis delicious cream of cauliflower soup recipe is thick and creamy. If you want to make the best cream of cauliflower soup recipe, this is a very nice recipe to choose. Each serving offers 150 calories, 12g carbs, 4g protein and 10g fat. This makes a very nice lunch or appetizer. I often make curried soups but occasionally I like to make something creamy, and cauliflower is really good. Mashed cauliflower (like mashed potatoes but with cauliflower) is also very good, and I like to add cauliflower to curries. Cream of Cauliflower Soup Recipe: So Simple and Good What makes this cream of cauliflower soup recipe special is the simplicity of it. .....
- Baked Chicken Wings with Paprika and CayenneThese baked chicken wings are so good. If you are in the mood for chicken wings but you don’t want to fry them, try this recipe instead because they come out just as crispy as fried wings but are healthier because they aren’t going to be submerged in fat. A Flavorful Coating for Baked Chicken Wings The coating is made with flour, paprika, garlic salt, pepper and cayenne, and the wings are cooked in a little butter to crisp them up and stop them sticking to the baking dish. Swap the cayenne pepper for Hungarian paprika if you want, or the garlic salt for regular salt and a pinch of garlic powder, and the flavor of our baked .....