Elegant Seafood Fettucine with Lemon and Dill
Try this seafood fettuccine with lemon and dill recipe if you are out to impress. This is the perfect go-to recipe for a dinner party because it pairs seafood with pasta and it looks like a true gourmet dish on the plate, although to be honest it is really easy to put together. As well as the fettuccine pasta you will need mixed seafood, and for your flavors you will be adding lemon, dill and a touch of Tabasco sauce – flavors which are amazing with seafood.
For this seafood fettuccine with lemon and dill recipe, the pasta is cooked in one pan while the seafood mixture is cooked in another. You then have the choice of either combining them or serving them separately, depending on the look of the dish you have in mind.
Pasta tends to cool quickly and become gummy, so warm the plates up first before plating up the dish. I usually do this by putting them in a 200 degrees F/100 degrees C oven for 20 minutes. Just warm it up then turn it off and pop the plates in there. Not all plates are ovenproof but I think most are.
What Kind of Seafood for a Seafood Fettuccine with Lemon and Dill Recipe
The simplest way to make this is to use frozen mixed seafood. These vary but might contain mussels, shrimp, scallops, and imitation crab, for example. Alternatively you can use fresh seafood if you prepare and cook it, or even a mixture of canned, thawed and fresh.
Take care not to overcook the seafood because there are few things worse than overdone rubbery seafood! If you’re using cooked seafood just stir it in and let it warm up. If you’re using raw seafood, it will take about 5 minutes to cook. The shrimp in the mixture will turn from gray to pink, and the scallops will become matte.
What Sauce to Use
I like to use a really chunky sun-dried tomato sauce for this seafood fettuccine with lemon and dill but you could use half sauce and half sun-dried or fresh tomatoes if you prefer, or even Alfredo sauce if you are looking for a seafood fettuccine alfredo recipe.
- 19½ oz (550g) chunky tomato pasta sauce
- ½ cup (125ml) water
- ½ sliced yellow onion
- 21 oz (600g) thawed raw mixed seafood
- Few drops of Tabasco sauce
- 14 oz (400g) fettuccine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill weed
- Finely grated zest of a lemon
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- First boil the pasta following the directions on the package, then drain and return to the pan.
- Heat the oil in a pot over a moderate heat, then add the onion.
- Cook for 5 minutes or until tender.
- Add half the dill and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in the pasta sauce and water.
- Bring the mixture to a boil them turn the heat down to low.
- Stir in the seafood and a shake in a few drops of Tabasco.
- Simmer for about 5 minutes or until the seafood is cooked.
- Stir the lemon zest into the mixture and add salt and black pepper to taste.
- Serve the fettuccine and seafood mixture separately, or gently toss to combine if preferred.
- Sprinkle the rest of the dill on top and serve right away.
For a simply family dinner, toss the pasta and seafood mixture together gently, then serve in shallow bowls with some crusty bread on the side
Some More Hot Content For You
- Easy Soba SaladI love all kinds of noodles but soba noodles are my favorite. The word ‘soba’ means ‘buckwheat’ in Japanese and it also refers to thin, buckwheat noodles. In Japan the word refers to any thin noodles. These can be served hot or cold, with a dipping sauce or in soup or you could make an easy soba salad. Buckwheat can be harvested 4 times a year because it takes 3 months to reach maturity and be ready for harvesting. Soba noodles are sold at railway stations in Japan, and they also feature on the menus in high-end restaurants, making them a versatile component in a variety of dishes, not just easy soba salad recipes. .....
- Squid Cooking TipsCooking squid is not difficult and it is important to be aware of that. Too many cooks quit before they even begin, not knowing how straightforward this type of seafood is to prepare. Read the following squid cooking tips and find out how to prepare and cook this wonderful ‘fruit of the sea’. Step by Step Guide If you are faced with a whole squid the first thing you need to do is pull the tentacles away from the body. Reach up inside the body for the quill, which is going to feel like a shard of plastic. Pull this down, out of the squid, and throw it away. Rinse inside the ‘hood’ (squid body) with cold running water. .....
- Creamy Scallop Baked PastaThis creamy scallop baked pasta is one of my favorite dishes. It is simple to make and its creaminess makes it wonderful comfort food. I love scallops. In fact, I love all kinds of seafood! This is also a dish my husband enjoys whenever I made it. The fact that this contains scallops makes it a gourmet baked pasta dish. Every time I make creamy scallop baked pasta, I make it slightly differently, so I offer different options in the recipe so you can tailor it to your own palate. I like to add spinach or bell pepper, both for color and for nutrients and added flavor. I use frozen scallops because I don’t have much option where I live. I .....
- Amazing Chocolate Walnut CakeThis is a rich and tasty chocolate walnut cake featuring all the best sweet flavors that go amazingly together. Chocolate cake is good, as is walnut cake, but combine the two and – bam! You have an incredible cake boasting the rich taste of chocolate and the distinctive crunch of walnut in every mouthful. This cake is easy to prepare and decorating it with the ganache is a breeze. To make this flavorful cake you are going to need butter, chocolate, cocoa, coffee, eggs, sugar and walnuts. The frosting uses cream and dark chocolate along with some more walnuts to garnish the finished cake. When to Make this Chocolate Walnut Cake This .....
- Chunky Vegetable Stew with Potato RostiNothing beats a stew on a chilly day, and even if you do not eat meat or chicken, you can still make the most wonderful flavored chunky vegetable stew with potato rosti. This dish is made with vegetables instead of meat so it is also nutritious. The onion and garlic are fried first, just to turn them golden brown and bring out their wonderful aromas, then all the other ingredients go into the pot and the stew really starts to take shape. The seasonings for the chunky vegetable stew with potato rosti are cumin and orange juice, and then of course you have the garlic taste. This might not sound like much but don’t forget how great the .....
- Potato Pierogi RecipeThis potato pierogi recipe is one of my favorites, but what are pierogi exactly? Well, pierogi are unleavened dough dumplings which are boiled and then fried or baked in butter. They can be stuffed with potatoes, ground meat, fruit, cheese, sauerkraut, or something else. Pierogi are normally half moon shape but they can also be triangular or rectangular. Not to be confused with pirog (Russian pies) or pirozhki (Russian stuffed fried buns), pierogi are small enough to be served several at a time, which is why the plural of the word is used when talking about them. These little snacks are popular in Russia, Ukraine, the Czech Republic, .....
- 7 Winter Comfort Food RecipesComfort food tends to be hot, thick and tasty, and it can apply to both sweet and savory dishes. What is your favorite comfort food? Do you love winter comfort food recipes as much as I do? Are you into burgers and fries, homemade mac and cheese, onion rings with a creamy dip, a bowl of chili, or how about apple cobbler with vanilla ice cream? Homemade bread is wonderful, as is pizza. Winter comfort food recipes might not be the healthiest of food but balance it out by eating healthy meals at other times, and it can be part of a balanced diet. Although American food is what many of us think of when considering comfort food recipes, other .....
- Best Wine Cooler for the HomeA wine cooler for the home is something you might want to consider. Wine coolers are becoming popular additions as more people include wine with every social gathering. Even if you do not enjoy a daily tipple you can still store your bottles in a cooler until required, then you know it will be the perfect temperature to serve. Not only is wine served for events and parties but as an everyday drink, which is enjoyed throughout the day. Storing the bottles can be a challenge, as you need to ensure that it is chilled correctly and the contents remain in perfect condition. This is why a wine cooler for the home could help. If you do not store .....
- Best Avocado Potato SaladHave you ever tried avocado in your potato salad? If not, make some avocado potato salad now because it is really tasty! The avocado adds a creamy, nutty, decadent touch to the potato salad which works so well. This avocado potato salad goes beautifully as a side dish alongside chicken, burgers or any other meat, or try it with fish or something else. Make this once and you are sure to want to make it again and again, and don’t be surprised if everyone asks you for the recipe. Which Potatoes to Use in Avocado Potato Salad We are using baby red-skinned potatoes here but you can use brown-skinned ones if you wish, or even larger potatoes .....
- Tom Kha Gai Soup Recipe | Quick and EasyThis delicious Thai tom kha gai soup recipe is made with 10 ingredients only plus a few optional extras for serving. We are using chicken and mushrooms to make this, along with typical Thai ingredients like galangal, lemongrass, lime, coriander, coconut, fish sauce and palm sugar to make it. This is a tasty, filling Thai chicken soup recipe and it’s also therapeutic if you’re under the weather or suffering from a cold or the flu. The chicken and vegetables are nourishing while the steam from the soup helps with decongestion. As for the garnish, we like to present this traditional tom kha gai soup recipe with cilantro, chilies, .....