Singapore Shrimp Noodles
Singapore shrimp noodles are easy to make. Any kind of noodles are lovely for lunch or dinner, and the following recipe shows you how to add a nice typical Singapore flavor to the noodles. You will end up with a complete dish which needs no other accompaniment.
You can swap the shrimp for chicken or tofu if you would rather use one of those, or even combine a few different proteins, and substitute any other vegetables you want if you fancy changing things up a bit.
Added sliced chili is optional but most Singaporeans would want to add it since they love spicy food.
One of the first Singapore meals I ever tried was chili crab, a typical Singapore recipe, and wow was it spicy! I liked it but because I wasn’t accustomed to that amount of chili I couldn’t really taste the crab, which was a bit disappointing. Everyone’s definition of ‘spicy’ is different too. What is a spicy Singapore shrimp noodles dish for one person might be a mild Singapore shrimp noodles for another.
When making your own dishes you have full complete control over the spices of course, so if you are more of a mild food fan than a fiery spice fan, just add less or leave it out altogether. A lot of the flavor in this dish is from the curry powder and soy sauce combo, and then of course you also have the flavors of the shrimp and the veggies too.
Singapore Shrimp Noodles: Which Noodles to Use
Swap the egg noodles for another kind of noodles if you want, although I almost always use egg noodles because I love the egg flavor they offer. If you happen to have another kind of noodle in the cupboard though, just use though, or even some linguine pasta.
Udon noodles wouldn’t work so well in this Singapore shrimp noodles recipe because they are very thick and a bit chewy, but egg noodles or similar thread noodles would do just fine.
- 8 sliced mushrooms
- 3½ oz (100g) egg noodles
- 1 sliced onion
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 4 shredded Chinese cabbage leaves
- 2 sliced green onions
- 3½ oz (100g) medium-size shrimp
- Spray oil
- Cook the noodles and drain well.
- Tip them into a bowl, mix in the soy sauce and leave to stand.
- Fry the garlic and onion in oil for 5 minutes.
- Add the curry powder and cook 1 minute.
- Add the remaining vegetables.
- Cook 5 minutes.
- Add the noodles, soy sauce and shrimp.
- Mix well together over a high heat for 3 or 4 minutes until heated through.
Some More Hot Content For You
- Types of ShowersShowers have become popular additions to bathrooms all over the world as more people become aware of saving water. Another reason for having a shower fitted is to save space, and for many people this is vital. You can choose between a variety of different types of showers to suit your needs and budget. Before rushing out to purchase a new shower, you will need to consider several different elements, which will determine the style of shower that you choose. You will need to think about the amount of people in the household, and your current heating system. The right shower should cater to all your needs and suit you perfectly. Choosing a .....
- Hoisin Duck BriocheThis particular Hoisin duck brioche dish was inspired by a recent visit to Ruby, Exeter, where I enjoyed something very similar. Yep here I am dreaming of Ruby again! Well anyway the duck and hoisin are beautiful together, along with the cucumber, and although I am more used to enjoying this mixture in pancake wraps, I found the brioche really good with them, since brioche is naturally sweet and chewy, and just seemed to complement the hoisin duck flavors. What Goes with Hoisin Duck Brioche? I enjoyed this Hoisin duck brioche with a peanut butter wolf cocktail when I was at Ruby’s but you might prefer something else depending on what .....
- Best iPad Mini Cases with KeyboardSee all the best keyboard cases for iPad Mini and pick out your favorite. There are iPad Mini cases with keyboard for every taste and budget, no matter whether you want a cute pink one, a handy one which doubles as a padded case, something neat for work, or something else. The iPad Mini is the newest Apple product on the market but there are already plenty of cool accessories for it. If you have one of these tablets already then you will want a cover to keep it safe and a keyboard to make typing speedier. Touch typing on the screen is time-consuming because it is usually one-fingered unless you have mastered the art of typing quicker on .....
- Baked Stuffed Zucchini BoatsLow in calories but high in flavor, this wonderful baked stuffed zucchini boats recipe is sure to please your palate. The middles of the zucchini are scooped out and then you can add a wonderful ham and cheese filling, and bake them to perfection. This is a very easy baked stuffed zucchini boats recipe which is nice served with Spanish rice or risotto, and just as nice served alone as a savory snack. If you want to make this dish vegetarian friendly, simply omit the ham, or else you might like to swap it for shrimp, salmon, walnuts, or pretty much anything else. Tweak the Filling to Make It Your Own The main ingredients in this baked stuffed .....
- What is a Yeast InfectionSo, what is a yeast infection? A lot of people ask that every day. A yeast infection is an incredibly common medical condition that can affect people of all ages, gender and background. This problem occurs when the yeast within your body begins to multiply far too quickly and spreads throughout your body. Thrush is classified as a yeast infection, however, this form of infection is commonly found in the mouth. The Candida yeast will colonize the mouth, which creates the painful lesions and creamy discharge that you will experience. You will find that the thick coating resembles cottage cheese, and will affect your tongue and roof of your .....
- Quick Mackerel Pate RecipeIf you are in a hurry it’s good to know that you can make this quick mackerel pate recipe in a matter of minutes. Smoked mackerel fillets are used for this pate as well as soft cheese, onions, lemon and tabasco. Serve this pate with melba toast or crackers and perhaps some grapes or basil leaves for garnish. Homemade is Always Best Buying pate from the shop is easy but homemade pate is always in a league of its own. In fact there is no comparison between the two. If you want to make a nice starter recipe for a dinner party then consider mackerel paté and you will be very tempted. Soft cheese, spring onions and lemon work harmoniously .....
- How to Stuff Calamari TubesLearning how to stuff squid is very easy, and although calamari is also nice cut into rings, breaded and deep fried, it is especially good stuffed. You can choose from a wide range of stuffed squid recipes and use whichever ingredients you happen to like. Knowing how to stuff calamari tubes is useful to know, just because there are so many great recipes for stuffed calamari out there. You can buy the bodies (tubes) already cleaned or you can clean them out yourself. I usually buy the frozen tubes because they are very cheap where we live, but if you have a whole squid you also get the lovely tentacles which are nice to use in your stuffed .....
- Best Vertigo Treatment to Stop the Room SpinningFirst things first, what is vertigo? To sum up, it is a dizzy feeling. If you have it, the room will seem to be spinning or moving. It can be linked to inner ear or eyesight disorders and the only way to get rid of it is to find the best vertigo treatment. Dizziness is something most of us experience now and then but vertigo is a feeling of spinning or tilting, a persistent sense of motion which you feel when there is nothing moving. How Does It Feel? Nausea, vomiting and/or sweating can accompany it, and in severe cases you can’t even walk down the street in a straight line because it feels like everything is moving or tilting. It .....
- The Evolution of Starter RecipesIt’s interesting to learn about the evolution of starter recipes. Starters, or appetizers as they are also known, are served in most cuisines and cultures. These snacks were served in ancient Persia thousands of years ago and ancient Roman aristocracy used to enjoy eggs, fruit and similar treats before eating their main course. Appetizers have been served for many years in the UK as a snack before the main course arrived but modern ones can be quite different from old fashioned ones. Of course, you can still serve traditional recipes but it is also fun to experiment with the wide range of ingredients that are available today but that .....
- An Introduction to Breda for VisitorsBreda (pronounced bray-DAH) is a city and municipality in the south of the Netherlands. The name comes from ‘brede Aa’ which means ‘wide Aa’, referring to where the rivers Mark and Aa meet. In 2014, Breda, Netherlands had 180,420 residents. Breda is known for its food and drink industry, and companies like Van Melle (Mentos), Kwatta (chocolate), Hero (soft drinks), and De Faam (licorice) are based there and known throughout Western Europe. Breda beer is exported all over the world, and there is also a sugar factory there to supply the sweet stuff to the food and beverage factories. The biggest brewery in the Netherlands, Oranjeboom, was .....