Greek Stuffed Squid with Parsley and White Wine
Known all over the world, this wonderful Greek take on stuffed squid is a surefire way to anyone’s heart. Greek stuffed squid with parsley will win its way to anyone’s heart. Want to impress someone? Easy! Just make this!
Who else cooks seafood with as much passion or commitment as the Greeks? Greek stuffed squid with parsley is sure to be a hit. Well, perhaps other Mediterranean countries too, but this recipe is one of the nicest, and all the passion of the Greeks goes into selecting and preparing the ingredients, and the result is something you can call ‘gourmet’ and is definitely both well-balanced and highly flavorful.
The Greek stuffed squid with parsley recipe is made in 2 stages. You need to make the sauce and then you need to prepare and cook the squid. The sauce is made with garlic, lemon, white wine and tomatoes, which are all bold, vibrant flavors, and typically used in the Mediterranean region. The squid itself is stuffed with rice, green onions and parsley. This is a really impressive dish to cook. If you are someone who is nervous about cooking squid then stop!
Easy but So Yummy
Seriously, Greek stuffed squid with parsley is so easy to do. Squid needs to be cooked for a minute over a very high heat or braised for 45 minutes or more over a very low heat. If you accidentally overcook your squid using the first method you need to turn down the heat and extend the cooking time. Stuffed squid uses the second method because it is too thick to cook that quickly. Save the one minute method for your calamari rings or small squid strips.
- 3 lbs medium squid
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 bunch green onions
- 4¼ oz risotto rice
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- ¼ cup white wine
- Salt and black pepper
- 1 finely chopped yellow onion
- Juice from half a lemon
- Pinch of white sugar
- Salt and black pepper
- 2 finely chopped garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste diluted in 2 tablespoons water
- 14 oz can chopped tomatoes
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup white wine
- First prepare the sauce.
- Saute the onion in olive oil for 3 minutes.
- Stir in the garlic and saute for another minute.
- Add the white wine and let it evaporate before adding the tomato paste, lemon juice, chopped tomatoes, salt, pepper and white sugar.
- Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Clean the squid, emptying out the body completely and discarding the contents (if not already done).
- Rub salt all over the outside and scrub, to remove the outer membrane completely.
- Rinse the cleaned squid in water.
- Chop the tentacles and green onions.
- Saute the onions in the olive oil for 2 minutes then add the tentacles and cook until all the juices evaporate.
- Stir in the parsley, rice, salt and pepper and cook for a minute.
- Add the wine and stir until evaporated.
- Add ⅓ cup of the sauce you have made to this mixture.
- Cook for 5 minutes then stuff the squid with this mixture and secure each tube using a toothpick.
- Arrange the stuffed squid in a dish and spread the sauce over them.
- Cover with a lid or with aluminum foil and bake at 320 degrees F for an hour or until tender.
Some More Hot Content For You
- Homemade Pizza on French BreadPizza comes frozen or from the pizza delivery place or from your local Italian restaurant. But wait, what about the best pizza? Well that would be the kind you make yourself at home! Honest, it’s so quick and easy to make pizza yourself and you don’t even have to make the dough. This homemade pizza on French bread will have the kids (and grownups) beating down the kitchen door, it smells so good! The quickest pizza recipe probably has to be this tortilla pizza but next up you have baguette pizza or French bread pizza, which is French bread, French stick or baguette bread (however you call it) topped with tomato sauce and pizza .....
- Easy Starter Recipe IdeasStarter recipes as they are called in the UK, or appetizer recipes as they are known in the US, are little snacks which are served before the main dish. There are easy starter recipe ideas to suit every occasion. There are hot and cold starter recipes that everyone can prepare, no matter whether you happen to be a newbie in the kitchen or an experienced and seasoned chef. So what are you planning to make as your New Year’s Eve starter recipes? A parma ham and melon starter, prawn cocktail, cheeseballs, canapes or something else? Keep reading if you are still looking for New Year’s Eve appetizer inspiration. Easy Starter Recipe .....
- 7 Winter Comfort Food RecipesComfort food tends to be hot, thick and tasty, and it can apply to both sweet and savory dishes. What is your favorite comfort food? Do you love winter comfort food recipes as much as I do? Are you into burgers and fries, homemade mac and cheese, onion rings with a creamy dip, a bowl of chili, or how about apple cobbler with vanilla ice cream? Homemade bread is wonderful, as is pizza. Winter comfort food recipes might not be the healthiest of food but balance it out by eating healthy meals at other times, and it can be part of a balanced diet. Although American food is what many of us think of when considering comfort food recipes, other .....
- Stovetop Shepherd’s PieIf you are in the mood for shepherd’s pie and wondering whether it can be made if you don’t have an oven, the answer is yes, you will be pleased to hear. Try this stovetop shepherd’s pie for dinner. The kids will love it and so will you! Shepherd’s pie is like cottage pie but made with lamb (hence the shepherd reference) rather than beef. This is something which appeals to kids and adults alike, because everyone loves the harmony you get when combining the juicy meat mixture with the wonderful potato topping. Some home cooks will make their stovetop shepherd’s pie recipe quite basic, topping a gently flavored .....
- Authentic Egg Fried Rice without Soy SauceEgg fried rice without soy sauce is a dish lots of people want to make but since soy sauce is one of the key ingredients it can be puzzling working out how to get around that. Fried rice is one of the best-known Chinese dishes, but the authentic recipe is quite different to what you might be used to. For example, have you tried making egg fried rice without soy sauce? That is how it is made in China, well in many parts of the country, and the more authentic option in many cases. Egg Fried Rice without Soy Sauce: Such a Tempting Dish to Make Egg fried rice is the dish to make when you want to use leftovers to rustle up something quick and .....
- Electric Cookware for the KitchenTechnology has become a huge part of everyday life, and every area of your home will have some form of electrical item to make life easier. The kitchen is no exception, and there are many different electrical cookware items which will enhance your cooking experience. Perhaps you already have all the electric cookware for the kitchen, or it could be you are considering some new purchases. One thing is for sure, and that means you won’t be short of choice, because there are so many wonderful items to choose from. Alongside the traditional pots and pans, you are likely to see many new high tech cookware items. From electric griddles and .....
- Creamy Salmon Pate Stuffed EggsHow pretty do these salmon pate stuffed eggs look? This recipe takes deviled eggs to the next level, by combining the egg yolk with salmon, lemon and creamy ingredients to make a pale pink, delicious-tasting appetizer. One or two egg halves per person is a good estimate although some people won’t be able to stop munching on these lovely little snacks. There are different ways to prepare these salmon pate stuffed eggs. You can make them the traditional way by slicing the eggs in half lengthwise or you could remove a wedge from the top (like in the picture) for a different look. How to Add the Salmon Pate Stuffed Eggs Filling The salmon .....
- Low Carb FishcakesFishcakes make an excellent meal, accompanied by a salad or your choice of vegetables, and they are also ideal for a low carb diet, making a change from the steak or chicken you might be getting tired of. Make these low carb fishcakes because you will love the taste and they don’t taste like diet food at all. A lot of people start low-carbing and over-indulge in the red meat, then wonder what else there is. Repetition can be good because you can stick to the same meals all the time but for some people repetition can be their downfall because they get bored, so add some low carb fishcakes to your meal rotation to keep things .....
- Yeast Infection Diet AdviceYeast infections can manifest in several different areas of your body, and can affect anyone regardless of age or gender. This form of infection is most commonly found in women and will affect the vaginal area. One of the most natural ways to fight this off is following the yeast infection diet. There are several different reasons for the yeast infection to surface, including a poor diet, stress, unhygienic behavior or using antibiotics. Understanding Fungus and Why It is in Your Body Before explaining more about the yeast infection diet, let’s look at this disease in more detail. A yeast infection will occur when the level of natural .....
- Authentic Spanish Omelet RecipeSpanish omelet, or tortilla espanola as it is also known, is a combination of potatoes and eggs, giving you not only a ton of flavor, but also a protein and energy boost. You can eat a Spanish omelet recipe hot, chilled or at room temperature. I Love This Spanish Omelet Recipe! When I lived in the Canaries and mainland Spain, a Spanish omelet recipe was one of my favorite tapas, and sometimes I would indulge in a Spanish omelet sandwich in crusty bread with aioli (garlic mayonnaise) and a touch of ketchup too. Oh – and a slice of cheese. Now that was a real treat! The main ingredients you need to make tortilla espanola are eggs and .....