12 Crockpot Recipes for Weight Loss
The following crockpot recipes for weight loss are perfect for making in a slow cooker. One of the benefits to using a crockpot is you can tip the ingredients in there in the morning, then go to work or out for the day. When you get home your meal will be ready! This mean you don’t have to stand over the stove, nibbling on snacks you shouldn’t be having, but you can eat your healthy meal right away.
A crockpot, also known as a slow cooker, is an electrical appliance used to gently simmer food. The temperature is kept low so your food slowly cooks over a period of hours. A basic model should have a low and a high setting while others might have a warm setting or even ‘keep warm’ which means once your dish has finished cooking it will keep warm. This is why preparing crockpot recipes for weight loss is so easy.
Which Crockpot Recipes for Weight Loss to Make in There
Crockpot recipes for weight loss come in all shapes and sizes including mini ones which you might use to cook a chicken breast for one person or a small amount of hot dip, right up to huge ones to make a batch of soup for freezing in portions or a meal for 8 people.
You can choose from round ones or oval ones which are good for cooking, say, a whole chicken, and you can choose from different brands and price tags depending on the features you want your crockpot to have.
Although when you think about weight loss you might think about salads and simple lean meats and fish with vegetables, a crockpot offers a way to keep your diet interesting, and there are all kinds of wonderful treats you can make in there which will keep your diet on track and mean you can enjoy flavorful cuisine which is low in fat and calories and very tasty.
Chicken Chili with White Beans
This is one of my favorite crockpot recipes for weight loss. It makes a change from beef chili. Put 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts in a big crockpot with 2 x 15 oz (430g) cans of rinsed, drained white beans, 32 oz (900g) of chicken stock, 4 chopped garlic cloves, 2 chopped onions, a cup of water, a tablespoon of ground cumin, and an 8 oz (230g) drained can of roasted green chilies. Stir and cook on low for 6 hours. Remove the chicken an dshred it then return it to the pot and stir well. Add salt and black pepper to taste. This recipe serves 6 and each serving is 395 calories.
Cook 6 skinless chicken thighs, 2 lbs (900g) of peeled, diced sweet potatoes, 4 peeled whole garlic cloves, a diced onion, 8 oz (230g) sliced mushrooms, 16 oz (460g) chicken stock, a teaspoon of salt and 1/2 teaspoon each black pepper and dried rosemary for 6 hours on low or until the chicken is done. Discard all the chicken bones and serve hot. This is one of the larger crockpot recipes for weight loss because it serves 10 people. Each serving has 285 calories.
Top Rated Crockpot, on Amazon
Hearty Beef Soup
Put a pound (450g) of boneless chuck roast, stewing beef or lean ground beef in the crockpot with a couple of peeled, diced potatoes and a few sliced carrots, a chopped onion, a cup of water, a pinch each of salt and dried thyme, and 28 oz (800g) of diced tomatoes in juice. Stir and cook for 7 1/2 hours on low then stir in 8 oz (230g) of frozen peas and cook on low for another half an hour or until the peas are hot. This recipe serves 4 and each serving is 270 calories.
Simple Vegetable Stew
Want to know one of the easiest crockpot recipes for weight loss? Layer a chopped onion, 3 minced garlic cloves, 3 chopped celery stalks, 3 chopped carrots, 8 oz (230g) sliced mushrooms, 3 peeled, sliced potatoes, and 1 peeled, diced small butternut squash in the crockpot. Pour 15 oz (425g) each of fire-roasted crushed tomatoes and white beans over the top, then 3/4 cup (180ml) of vegetable broth. Grind some salt and pepper on top then cook for 6 hours on low or until the veggies are tender. This recipe serves 6 and each serving is 250 calories.
Chicken Taco Soup
Put 8 boneless chicken breasts, a package of taco seasoning and 32 oz (900g) of vegetable broth in the crockpot and cook on low for 4 hours. Shred the chicken and return it to the crockpot. Add 32 oz (900g) drained, rinsed pinto beans and the same amount of kidney beans. Stir in 12 oz (340g) of frozen corn, 28 oz (800g) tomatoes in juice, a chopped onion, 3 chopped celery stalks, and a couple of chopped bell peppers. Add a pinch of chili powder or some fresh chilies if you want. Cook on low for 4 hours. This recipe serves 8 and each serving is 450 calories.
Pork Roast and Mushrooms
Put a 32 oz (900g) pork loin roast in a crockpot. Whisk 14 oz (400g) low-fat cream of mushroom soup with a cup of water and a package of dry onion soup mix, then pour this over the meat. Cook for 8 hours on low or until the pork is tender. This makes 8 servings, each one offering just 175 calories. So yes, some crockpot recipes for weight loss offer great flavor with surprisingly few calories!
Bacon Ranch Chicken
Combine an 8 oz (230g) can of chicken soup and an 8 oz can of chicken broth with a package of ranch dressing mix. Put 4 boneless chicken breasts, 8 oz (230g) of frozen peas and 6 slices of chopped, cooked turkey bacon in the crockpot, then pour the chicken soup mixture on top. Cook on high for 4 hours. This recipe serves 4 and each serving is 245 calories as long as you use fat-free soup and broth. You can serve this over rice or egg noodles if you like.
Asian Pineapple Chicken
Whisk the juice from a 20 oz (560g) of pineapple chunks with 2 tablespoons of light soy sauce, a minced garlic clove, 1/3 cup (90ml) of honey, 1 teaspoon of grated fresh ginger, and a tablespoon of cornstarch. Put 4 boneless chicken breasts in a crockpot with the pineapple chunks and 8 oz (230g) of sliced water chestnuts. Pour the soy sauce mixture on top, then cook for low on 5 1/2 hours. Add a chopped red bell pepper and cook for 30 minutes more. This recipe serves 6 and each serving is 255 calories. This is nice served with noodles or rice. One of my favorite crockpot recipes for weight loss when I want something sweet.
Slow-Cooked Italian Chicken
Melt a tablespoon of butter in a saucepan then whisk in a cup (250ml) of white wine, 8 oz (230g) fat-free chicken broth, 8 oz (230g) fat-free cream cheese at room temperature, 2 teaspoons paprika, and a package of dry Italian dressing mix. Put a pound (450g) of sliced mushrooms in your slow cooker with 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts. Pour the white wine mixture on top then cook for 6 hours on low or until the chicken is cooked through. This recipe serves 6 and each serving is 225 calories.
Crockpot Chicken Stroganoff
Mix a pound (450g) of fat-free sour cream and 14 oz (400g) mushroom soup with a package of dry onion soup mix. Put a pound (450g) of chopped boneless chicken breast in a crockpot and pour the soup mixture on top. Cook for 7 hours. This recipe serves 6 and each serving is 200 calories. This is one of the best crockpot recipes for weight loss to serve with a baked potato or ladled over fluffy white rice.
Beef Tips with Mushrooms
Put 32 oz (900g) of sirloin beef tips in a crockpot and grind 1/2 teaspoon black pepper over them. Add a sliced onion and a pound (450g) of sliced mushrooms on top. Combine a cup (250ml) of fat-free beef broth with a package of dry onion soup mix and 14 oz (400g) of fat-free mushroom soup, then pour this mixture over the beef. Cook for 7 hours on low or until the beef is tender. This recipe makes 8 servings and each serving is 260 calories.
Crockpot Cheese Ravioli
Pour 13 oz (370g) of pasta sauce into a crockpot then add 25 oz (700g) of frozen cheese ravioli. Mix another 13 oz (370g) of pasta sauce with 8 oz (230g) of tomato sauce, a cup of water, and 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning. Pour this over the ravioli. Cook for 4 hours on low, then sprinkle a handful of grated mozzarella on top and cook for another 30 minutes. You get 6 servings from this recipe, each one giving you 180 calories. This is nice served with a green salad. So which of our crockpot recipes for weight loss are you going to try first?
Some More Hot Content For You
- Best Vertigo Treatment to Stop the Room SpinningFirst things first, what is vertigo? To sum up, it is a dizzy feeling. If you have it, the room will seem to be spinning or moving. It can be linked to inner ear or eyesight disorders and the only way to get rid of it is to find the best vertigo treatment. Dizziness is something most of us experience now and then but vertigo is a feeling of spinning or tilting, a persistent sense of motion which you feel when there is nothing moving. How Does It Feel? Nausea, vomiting and/or sweating can accompany it, and in severe cases you can’t even walk down the street in a straight line because it feels like everything is moving or tilting. It .....
- Smoked Salmon Pizza with CapersIf you are looking for new ideas for pizza, something other than the meat feast or tomato and cheese pizza you usually have, consider this brand new take on the Italian favorite. Topping with smoked salmon and capers, this offers a fresh, light flavor, and a gourmet appeal. If you are looking for an elegant Italian recipe which is easy to prepare rather than fussy, consider this smoked salmon pizza with capers and enjoy the smooth texture of the salmon and the salty little bursts of flavor in the capers as well as the satisfying pizza crust. The smoked salmon pizza with capers takes a while to make, especially since the dough is homemade and .....
- Hot and Sour Soup – Chinese StyleHot and sour soup Chinese style is always good. It is sure to warm you up when you are feeling chilly, it offers a true Asian flavor in every sip, and it makes a lovely appetizer. There are different styles of hot and sour soup recipes to choose from, ranging from Chinese to Thai, from mild and aromatic to fiery hot. I love them all, or at least I love trying them all. Sometimes they are just that little bit too spicy for me! The good thing about making your own versions of hot and sour soup Chinese style though are that you can add as little or as much spice as you like. The following hot and sour soup Chinese style recipe makes a delicious .....
- Carrot and Chestnut Soup RecipeCarrot is an ingredient which is used in many different soup recipes and if you make this delicious carrot and chestnut soup recipe, you will discover that it is very tasty alongside chestnuts too. This is a rich and creamy soup as well as being vitamin-rich and very healthy as well. Why Carrot and Chestnut? Carrot and orange soup is a popular type but carrot and chestnut is not so well known. If you often make popular soups such as chicken noodle soup, potato soup, pumpkin soup or beef and tomato soups, why not try this carrot and chestnut soup recipe for a change?.....
- Best Concealer for Dark CirclesAttempting to find the best concealer for dark circles may be daunting; however, there are some incredible products available, which can help with this common problem. Many women suffer with dark circles, which can be caused by numerous reasons. Lack of sleep, age, allergies and a poor diet can all result in your eyes appearing tired and darker than average. Ensure Your Eyes Look Incredible Your eyes are one of your best features, and they should look incredible at all times to give you confidence, and make you feel sexy. Natural remedies are often advised but using a top quality concealer, is a fantastic way to ensure that your confidence .....
- Best Bling iPad CasesTake a look at these gorgeous covers and make your tablet really sparkle! iPad cases come in lots of styles but choosing ones with bling means your tablet will look incredible and who doesn’t love bling iPad cases? Choose from lots of different sparkly covers to jazz up your tablet and everyone will be jealous of it. Even if you are not sure what style you like, take a peek at some of the different designs on offer and perhaps you will find something you adore. Choose from various colors, styles and types of bling for your bling iPad cases, or pick out the perfect sparkly cover or case as a gift for someone in your family or friends .....
- What is Tex-Mex FoodTo sum up the answer to ‘what is Tex-Mex food’, Tex-Mex cuisine refers to primarily American dishes found in the state of Texas. This cuisine is a blend of American and Mexican foods. Some of these recipes might not be the same as the authentic Mexican version but it is still referred to as ‘Mexican’ in Texas. People in other states sometimes refer to Tex-Mex as ‘Southwestern’ food. Tex-Mex is thought by some people to be the oldest original cuisine in the US. It was named in 1875 and began when the Texas-Mexican Railway was called Tex-Mex for short. This term was also used for Mexicans who were born in .....
- Easy Cobb Salad RecipeCobb salad is one of my favorite salad recipes, well that and Caesar salad. It is not the quickest salad to make because there is cooking and chopping involved, but the recipe is well worth making because it is so good! I love this easy Cobb salad recipe and make it a lot. Cobb salad is also a low-carb salad recipe. The distinctive look of Cobb salad is really appetizing because the ingredients are arranged in rows. Traditionally, a red wine vinegar dressing is served with Cobb salad, but I like to offer a creamy dressing on the side too, in case anyone wants some of that instead. It is easy to remember the ingredients in this easy Cobb .....
- How to Make a Cassoulet the French WayA cassoulet is a slow-cooked casserole with meat (usually pork sausage, duck, mutton or goose) as well as white haricot beans and pork skin. This dish originated in the South of France, and is named after the casserole dish it is made in. Discover how to make a cassoulet the French way and you will be able to rustle up this wonderful meaty treat any time comfort food is the order of the day. There are lots of regional variations on cassoulet, although all of them feature white beans. Crackling (crispy fried pork rind) and fried bread cubes are often scattered on top before serving. Is your mouth watering yet? If not, keep reading and it will .....
- Potato Leek Soup with BaconThis warm and delicious potato leek soup with bacon recipe makes a wonderful starter. The ingredients are very simple, and the main flavors come from the potatoes, leeks and bacon. The milk and cream add a wonderful, luxurious creaminess and the chicken stock gives the soup a good flavor. What Kind of Stock to Use for Potato Leek Soup with Bacon You could use vegetable stock if you wanted to but the best thing to use is fresh chicken stock rather than using stock cubes. Choose lean bacon for making this leek potato soup recipe, rather than streaky bacon, both for the better texture and a meatier flavor......