12 Crockpot Recipes for Weight Loss
The following crockpot recipes for weight loss are perfect for making in a slow cooker. One of the benefits to using a crockpot is you can tip the ingredients in there in the morning, then go to work or out for the day. When you get home your meal will be ready! This mean you don’t have to stand over the stove, nibbling on snacks you shouldn’t be having, but you can eat your healthy meal right away.
A crockpot, also known as a slow cooker, is an electrical appliance used to gently simmer food. The temperature is kept low so your food slowly cooks over a period of hours. A basic model should have a low and a high setting while others might have a warm setting or even ‘keep warm’ which means once your dish has finished cooking it will keep warm. This is why preparing crockpot recipes for weight loss is so easy.
Which Crockpot Recipes for Weight Loss to Make in There
Crockpot recipes for weight loss come in all shapes and sizes including mini ones which you might use to cook a chicken breast for one person or a small amount of hot dip, right up to huge ones to make a batch of soup for freezing in portions or a meal for 8 people.
You can choose from round ones or oval ones which are good for cooking, say, a whole chicken, and you can choose from different brands and price tags depending on the features you want your crockpot to have.
Although when you think about weight loss you might think about salads and simple lean meats and fish with vegetables, a crockpot offers a way to keep your diet interesting, and there are all kinds of wonderful treats you can make in there which will keep your diet on track and mean you can enjoy flavorful cuisine which is low in fat and calories and very tasty.
Chicken Chili with White Beans
This is one of my favorite crockpot recipes for weight loss. It makes a change from beef chili. Put 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts in a big crockpot with 2 x 15 oz (430g) cans of rinsed, drained white beans, 32 oz (900g) of chicken stock, 4 chopped garlic cloves, 2 chopped onions, a cup of water, a tablespoon of ground cumin, and an 8 oz (230g) drained can of roasted green chilies. Stir and cook on low for 6 hours. Remove the chicken an dshred it then return it to the pot and stir well. Add salt and black pepper to taste. This recipe serves 6 and each serving is 395 calories.
Cook 6 skinless chicken thighs, 2 lbs (900g) of peeled, diced sweet potatoes, 4 peeled whole garlic cloves, a diced onion, 8 oz (230g) sliced mushrooms, 16 oz (460g) chicken stock, a teaspoon of salt and 1/2 teaspoon each black pepper and dried rosemary for 6 hours on low or until the chicken is done. Discard all the chicken bones and serve hot. This is one of the larger crockpot recipes for weight loss because it serves 10 people. Each serving has 285 calories.
Top Rated Crockpot, on Amazon
Hearty Beef Soup
Put a pound (450g) of boneless chuck roast, stewing beef or lean ground beef in the crockpot with a couple of peeled, diced potatoes and a few sliced carrots, a chopped onion, a cup of water, a pinch each of salt and dried thyme, and 28 oz (800g) of diced tomatoes in juice. Stir and cook for 7 1/2 hours on low then stir in 8 oz (230g) of frozen peas and cook on low for another half an hour or until the peas are hot. This recipe serves 4 and each serving is 270 calories.
Simple Vegetable Stew
Want to know one of the easiest crockpot recipes for weight loss? Layer a chopped onion, 3 minced garlic cloves, 3 chopped celery stalks, 3 chopped carrots, 8 oz (230g) sliced mushrooms, 3 peeled, sliced potatoes, and 1 peeled, diced small butternut squash in the crockpot. Pour 15 oz (425g) each of fire-roasted crushed tomatoes and white beans over the top, then 3/4 cup (180ml) of vegetable broth. Grind some salt and pepper on top then cook for 6 hours on low or until the veggies are tender. This recipe serves 6 and each serving is 250 calories.
Chicken Taco Soup
Put 8 boneless chicken breasts, a package of taco seasoning and 32 oz (900g) of vegetable broth in the crockpot and cook on low for 4 hours. Shred the chicken and return it to the crockpot. Add 32 oz (900g) drained, rinsed pinto beans and the same amount of kidney beans. Stir in 12 oz (340g) of frozen corn, 28 oz (800g) tomatoes in juice, a chopped onion, 3 chopped celery stalks, and a couple of chopped bell peppers. Add a pinch of chili powder or some fresh chilies if you want. Cook on low for 4 hours. This recipe serves 8 and each serving is 450 calories.
Pork Roast and Mushrooms
Put a 32 oz (900g) pork loin roast in a crockpot. Whisk 14 oz (400g) low-fat cream of mushroom soup with a cup of water and a package of dry onion soup mix, then pour this over the meat. Cook for 8 hours on low or until the pork is tender. This makes 8 servings, each one offering just 175 calories. So yes, some crockpot recipes for weight loss offer great flavor with surprisingly few calories!
Bacon Ranch Chicken
Combine an 8 oz (230g) can of chicken soup and an 8 oz can of chicken broth with a package of ranch dressing mix. Put 4 boneless chicken breasts, 8 oz (230g) of frozen peas and 6 slices of chopped, cooked turkey bacon in the crockpot, then pour the chicken soup mixture on top. Cook on high for 4 hours. This recipe serves 4 and each serving is 245 calories as long as you use fat-free soup and broth. You can serve this over rice or egg noodles if you like.
Asian Pineapple Chicken
Whisk the juice from a 20 oz (560g) of pineapple chunks with 2 tablespoons of light soy sauce, a minced garlic clove, 1/3 cup (90ml) of honey, 1 teaspoon of grated fresh ginger, and a tablespoon of cornstarch. Put 4 boneless chicken breasts in a crockpot with the pineapple chunks and 8 oz (230g) of sliced water chestnuts. Pour the soy sauce mixture on top, then cook for low on 5 1/2 hours. Add a chopped red bell pepper and cook for 30 minutes more. This recipe serves 6 and each serving is 255 calories. This is nice served with noodles or rice. One of my favorite crockpot recipes for weight loss when I want something sweet.
Slow-Cooked Italian Chicken
Melt a tablespoon of butter in a saucepan then whisk in a cup (250ml) of white wine, 8 oz (230g) fat-free chicken broth, 8 oz (230g) fat-free cream cheese at room temperature, 2 teaspoons paprika, and a package of dry Italian dressing mix. Put a pound (450g) of sliced mushrooms in your slow cooker with 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts. Pour the white wine mixture on top then cook for 6 hours on low or until the chicken is cooked through. This recipe serves 6 and each serving is 225 calories.
Crockpot Chicken Stroganoff
Mix a pound (450g) of fat-free sour cream and 14 oz (400g) mushroom soup with a package of dry onion soup mix. Put a pound (450g) of chopped boneless chicken breast in a crockpot and pour the soup mixture on top. Cook for 7 hours. This recipe serves 6 and each serving is 200 calories. This is one of the best crockpot recipes for weight loss to serve with a baked potato or ladled over fluffy white rice.
Beef Tips with Mushrooms
Put 32 oz (900g) of sirloin beef tips in a crockpot and grind 1/2 teaspoon black pepper over them. Add a sliced onion and a pound (450g) of sliced mushrooms on top. Combine a cup (250ml) of fat-free beef broth with a package of dry onion soup mix and 14 oz (400g) of fat-free mushroom soup, then pour this mixture over the beef. Cook for 7 hours on low or until the beef is tender. This recipe makes 8 servings and each serving is 260 calories.
Crockpot Cheese Ravioli
Pour 13 oz (370g) of pasta sauce into a crockpot then add 25 oz (700g) of frozen cheese ravioli. Mix another 13 oz (370g) of pasta sauce with 8 oz (230g) of tomato sauce, a cup of water, and 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning. Pour this over the ravioli. Cook for 4 hours on low, then sprinkle a handful of grated mozzarella on top and cook for another 30 minutes. You get 6 servings from this recipe, each one giving you 180 calories. This is nice served with a green salad. So which of our crockpot recipes for weight loss are you going to try first?
Some More Hot Content For You
- Low Carb Paella Using Cauli RiceWhen I worked in Gran Canaria I used to eat paella a lot. In fact I made friends with a local chef who used to make a special batch for me minus the peas (my pet food hate!) This rice-based delicacy was served with half a baguette, plenty of alioli, or ai oli (or garlic mayo) and perhaps a sangria on the side. At that time I had never even heard of a low carb paella using cauli rice because I was enjoying the real thing too much to deviate. Try as I might, I could never tire of this wonderful Spanish dish. Fast forward a decade and I still love that flavor but my husband is diabetic and rice is a no-no. So I wondered at this point whether .....
- Chicken Thighs with Apricot and CuminThis easy chicken recipe is suitable for any occasion. Chicken thighs are used here, because they are more moist and succulent, not to mention more flavorful, than chicken breast, which can dry out more easily. Chicken thighs with apricot and cumin make a delicious dinner for the whole family. Why not try this recipe tonight? As well as the chicken, you will be adding garlic and onion for a nice base flavor, as well as cumin and coriander for taste, carrot and fennel for crunch and color, and of course chopped apricots for a lovely, fruity flavor. Look at the recipe and you will see how simple this is to make, so if you were looking for an .....
- Chinese Tea Smoked ChickenElegant appetizer recipe ideas are becoming more popular than ever before, as people begin to experiment more in the kitchen. You need to choose an appetizer that will impress your guests with your knowledge of food, and the distinct choice of flavors used to make the dishes. There are many different recipes to choose from, regardless of the occasion, and your budget. Take Chinese tea smoked chicken for example – this is certainly elegant as well as unusual. Presentation and Good Ingredients are Vital If you use a good recipe for your appetizer, you can achieve an exciting, elegant appearance with very basic ingredients. Expensive .....
- Baked Beef Wontons with Bell PepperThe following recipe shows you how to make baked beef wontons which also contain bell pepper for a colorful finish. Baking wontons is an alternative to frying them if you happen to have the oven on anyway or if you want to trim the fat content. These delicious little morsels make wonderful appetizers and it is up to you what shape you make them – open so you can see the beef and colorful bell pepper filling, or closed so the filling is a surprise. Tips and Tricks for Perfect Baked Beef Wontons You could even make moneybags by pinching the tops closed so they look like moneybags, but most people like to leave these open, so people can .....
- Healthy Desserts with BananaAlthough fried banana wontons are not the most diet-friendly dessert, they are great for an occasional treat. If you want something a bit healthier, then you could adapt this recipe or make another one. Healthy desserts with banana as one of the ingredients are sure to satisfy your sweet tooth and they’re healthier than a simple carb and sugar confection. Try baking the banana wontons instead of deep-frying them. You will need to spritz a little spray oil on them to get them crispy but baked wontons are also very good. You can serve a sugar-free chocolate sauce or fruit sauce with them. Grilled Banana Recipe Let’s think of some .....
- Potato Leek Soup with BaconThis warm and delicious potato leek soup with bacon recipe makes a wonderful starter. The ingredients are very simple, and the main flavors come from the potatoes, leeks and bacon. The milk and cream add a wonderful, luxurious creaminess and the chicken stock gives the soup a good flavor. What Kind of Stock to Use for Potato Leek Soup with Bacon You could use vegetable stock if you wanted to but the best thing to use is fresh chicken stock rather than using stock cubes. Choose lean bacon for making this leek potato soup recipe, rather than streaky bacon, both for the better texture and a meatier flavor. Some More Hot Content For You .....
- Hot and Sour Squid SoupHot and sour soup is a lovely Chinese dish, featuring chili, vegetables and more, but this recipe takes the recipe to the next level adding squid to the mix, so you can enjoy the wonderfully soft texture of that in the soup. A hot and sour squid soup might sound like an exotic recipe but it is really easy to make. Take a look at the following hot and sour squid soup recipe and you will see how anyone could put this together. Feel free to make it as spicy or as mild as you like. If you are feeling under the weather or you think you are getting a cold or the flu, up the spices to help fight it off! You can make this soup as an appetizer or .....
- What to Expect from Cheilectomy SurgeryA cheilectomy operation is a surgical procedure which is done to remove bone spurs from the big toe. If you suffer from big toe pain or stiffness, big toe arthritis or hallux rigidus, this operation might help you. You will want to know what to expect from cheilectomy surgery if you or a loved one are going to have this surgery. I am writing this lens about what to expect from cheilectomy (sometimes misspelled kailectomy or chilectomy) because I had the procedure myself nearly 2 years ago. I want to share my own experience and tell you what to expect. I also have some great tips, as someone who has been through a cheilectomy surgery. This .....
- Best Tweed Jackets for WomenTweed suits and the best tweed jackets for women make a fashion statement and you can buy some gorgeous pieces. Look at some of the best tweed jackets for woman and find something which is perfect for you. They are warm, stylish and comfortable. Buy a tweed jacket and you can be the envy of your friends. Choose from Warm or Cool, Heavy or Light, Thick or Thin Fabric Tweed comes in many different colors and you can get different blends too, perhaps warm wool for a winter jacket or a lighter blend with cotton if you still want the look of tweed during the warmer seasons. Invest in tweed and you will have a staple in your closet which is never .....
- Easy Hummus Recipe with Peanut ButterUsing peanut butter instead of tahini is a great idea if you want a great-tasting and easy hummus recipe which boasts plenty of nutrition from the peanut butter. Our easy hummus recipe with peanut butter will appeal to everyone, old or young, because it is creamy and flavorful. This hummus recipe without tahini is very simple to make and you can serve it as a dip, perhaps with celery or pita bread, or use it as a spread in sandwiches, pairing it with chicken and cucumber or salad leaves and sliced boiled egg. How to Make Hummus Without Tahini You will need a food processor or blender to combine the ingredients for this hummus, then you can .....