Wonderful Weightwatchers Recipes
WeightWatchers is certainly a diet to consider if you want to lose a few pounds. This company was founded by Jean Nidetch from Brooklyn in the 1960s. Today WeightWatchers is international and operates in more than thirty countries. There are lots of WeightWatchers recipes you can make, most of which are really tasty.
This diet program includes regular meetings, group support and a points system to calculate how much food you can eat in order to shed excess weight.
Weightwatchers Recipes and Weight Watchers Points
Each type of food or beverage has a point value and you first calculate how many points you are allowed per day (depending on your weight, height and activity level) and then you keep track of what you eat. It helps to join Weight Watchers online and/or attend weekly meetings, especially if the support of others inspires you to keep to the WeightWatchers recipes and other allowed foods on this diet.
Eat Yummy Snacks Without Guilt
One of the best things about Weight Watchers is that some points have a zero point value, which means you can indulge in them and eat as much as you like without gaining any weight! OK so chocolate and donuts are not in this list, but you can certainly make some yummy dishes which do fill you up until your next meal. Nobody likes feeling hungry, so why not make some 0 point WW meals to please your stomach.
- 1 spray Frylight (or similar) cooking spray
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh dill weed
- 1 lb (450g) raw, boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 romaine leaves, cut in half
- 4 toasted light hamburger buns
- ½ tomato, cut into 4 slices
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- 3 oz (85g) crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon nonfat milk
- 1 tablespoon minced raw red onion
- Coat the grill with cooking spray and preheat to medium-high.
- You can use a grill pan if you prefer.
- Pound the chicken until it is ¼ inch thick then put it on a baking sheet.
- Stir the oil with the garlic powder, dill weed, vinegar, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Pour this slowly over the chicken and flip to coat the other side too.
- Let it marinate for 10 minutes.
- Mash the cheese with the red onion and milk, using a fork.
- Grill the chicken, flipping it once, until cooked through.
- Expect this to take 2 or 3 minutes per side.
- Put the chicken on the toasted bun bottoms and spread the feta cheese mixture over each one.
- Top with romaine and tomato, then put the bun tops on and serve while still warm.
If you are looking for a diet which offers you the chance to lose those excess pounds but you don’t want any of your favorite foods to be banned, then this might inspire you.
Why Weight Watchers Works
WeightWatchers is an eating plan used by people all over the world with a huge success rate and excellent reviews. The style of this diet plan and the unique program which is on offer will ensure that you lose weight effectively. Far too many diets cause a yo-yo effect, which means that within a short space of time, you have once again gained weight.
Why Weight Watchers is So Unique
You will soon discover that WeightWatchers is like no other diet plan and that you have a huge array of choice available to you on the plan. Being able to purchase, choose and cook the foods that you want is ideal and makes the diet far easier to follow. Whether you have a long road ahead of you, or simply want to lose a few pounds, Weight Watchers is perfect.
Becoming Part of an Amazing Community
Support is something that everyone attempting to lose weight will need, and the Weight Watchers community is excellent. You can join one of the many groups around the world, or sign up online which will offer the same level of support and information. The weekly meetings are great, to help you to remain focused, and able to discuss any issues or problems.
Weigh-ins and Maintenance
The regular weigh-ins and meetings ensure that you remain focused and that any concerns you have can be resolved immediately. Every time you have a weigh-in the numbers are recorded, which means, good or bad, you have to face up to the results.
There are a huge number of resources available to Weight Watcher members, ensuring that you never feel confused or lost. The excellent maintenance program ensures you will keep the weight off in the future and continue to make the lifestyle changes which are needed. Every element of the weight watchers program will become natural, and you will live a healthy life with very little effort.
- 1 spray Frylight (or similar) cooking spray
- 1 whole raw cauliflower
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C) and spray cooking spray over a baking sheet.
- Cut the cauliflower into bite-sized florets and put them in a bowl.
- Add the salt, cumin, chili and pepper, and toss well.
- Spread the spiced florets over the greased baking sheet and cook for 20 minutes or until tender.
- Stir after about 10 minutes to promote even cooking.
- Enjoy these cauliflower poppers hot. If you are only cooking for one person, then divide the recipe in half.
The System of Points
There are two main styles of points with the WeightWatchers plan, which are the food points and activity points. You will be given a daily amount of points that you will need to remain within, and this will be achieved by recording your food and drink, and not exceeding the total. Initially this may seem daunting but you will be amazed how many different foods are allowed within your total.
You will learn a huge amount regarding portion control, dietary needs, and what you can eat and what you need to leave off your diet. The activity points are rewards to you for any exercise that you may have done during the day. These points will allow you to gain bonus foods, and everyone loves being rewarded.
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 drained minced anchovy from a can
- 2 tablespoons fat-free mayo
- 2 tablespoons fat-free sour cream
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped chives
- Stir everything together.
- Serve as a dip or stir into canned tuna or salmon.
- One serving is 1½ tablespoons (that’s how much you can have for zero points).