Wonderful Weightwatchers Recipes
WeightWatchers is certainly a diet to consider if you want to lose a few pounds. This company was founded by Jean Nidetch from Brooklyn in the 1960s. Today WeightWatchers is international and operates in more than thirty countries. There are lots of WeightWatchers recipes you can make, most of which are really tasty.
This diet program includes regular meetings, group support and a points system to calculate how much food you can eat in order to shed excess weight.
Weightwatchers Recipes and Weight Watchers Points
Each type of food or beverage has a point value and you first calculate how many points you are allowed per day (depending on your weight, height and activity level) and then you keep track of what you eat. It helps to join Weight Watchers online and/or attend weekly meetings, especially if the support of others inspires you to keep to the WeightWatchers recipes and other allowed foods on this diet.
Eat Yummy Snacks Without Guilt
One of the best things about Weight Watchers is that some points have a zero point value, which means you can indulge in them and eat as much as you like without gaining any weight! OK so chocolate and donuts are not in this list, but you can certainly make some yummy dishes which do fill you up until your next meal. Nobody likes feeling hungry, so why not make some 0 point WW meals to please your stomach.
- 1 spray Frylight (or similar) cooking spray
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh dill weed
- 1 lb (450g) raw, boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 romaine leaves, cut in half
- 4 toasted light hamburger buns
- ½ tomato, cut into 4 slices
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- 3 oz (85g) crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon nonfat milk
- 1 tablespoon minced raw red onion
- Coat the grill with cooking spray and preheat to medium-high.
- You can use a grill pan if you prefer.
- Pound the chicken until it is ¼ inch thick then put it on a baking sheet.
- Stir the oil with the garlic powder, dill weed, vinegar, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Pour this slowly over the chicken and flip to coat the other side too.
- Let it marinate for 10 minutes.
- Mash the cheese with the red onion and milk, using a fork.
- Grill the chicken, flipping it once, until cooked through.
- Expect this to take 2 or 3 minutes per side.
- Put the chicken on the toasted bun bottoms and spread the feta cheese mixture over each one.
- Top with romaine and tomato, then put the bun tops on and serve while still warm.
If you are looking for a diet which offers you the chance to lose those excess pounds but you don’t want any of your favorite foods to be banned, then this might inspire you.
Why Weight Watchers Works
WeightWatchers is an eating plan used by people all over the world with a huge success rate and excellent reviews. The style of this diet plan and the unique program which is on offer will ensure that you lose weight effectively. Far too many diets cause a yo-yo effect, which means that within a short space of time, you have once again gained weight.
Why Weight Watchers is So Unique
You will soon discover that WeightWatchers is like no other diet plan and that you have a huge array of choice available to you on the plan. Being able to purchase, choose and cook the foods that you want is ideal and makes the diet far easier to follow. Whether you have a long road ahead of you, or simply want to lose a few pounds, Weight Watchers is perfect.
Becoming Part of an Amazing Community
Support is something that everyone attempting to lose weight will need, and the Weight Watchers community is excellent. You can join one of the many groups around the world, or sign up online which will offer the same level of support and information. The weekly meetings are great, to help you to remain focused, and able to discuss any issues or problems.
Weigh-ins and Maintenance
The regular weigh-ins and meetings ensure that you remain focused and that any concerns you have can be resolved immediately. Every time you have a weigh-in the numbers are recorded, which means, good or bad, you have to face up to the results.
There are a huge number of resources available to Weight Watcher members, ensuring that you never feel confused or lost. The excellent maintenance program ensures you will keep the weight off in the future and continue to make the lifestyle changes which are needed. Every element of the weight watchers program will become natural, and you will live a healthy life with very little effort.
- 1 spray Frylight (or similar) cooking spray
- 1 whole raw cauliflower
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C) and spray cooking spray over a baking sheet.
- Cut the cauliflower into bite-sized florets and put them in a bowl.
- Add the salt, cumin, chili and pepper, and toss well.
- Spread the spiced florets over the greased baking sheet and cook for 20 minutes or until tender.
- Stir after about 10 minutes to promote even cooking.
- Enjoy these cauliflower poppers hot. If you are only cooking for one person, then divide the recipe in half.
The System of Points
There are two main styles of points with the WeightWatchers plan, which are the food points and activity points. You will be given a daily amount of points that you will need to remain within, and this will be achieved by recording your food and drink, and not exceeding the total. Initially this may seem daunting but you will be amazed how many different foods are allowed within your total.
You will learn a huge amount regarding portion control, dietary needs, and what you can eat and what you need to leave off your diet. The activity points are rewards to you for any exercise that you may have done during the day. These points will allow you to gain bonus foods, and everyone loves being rewarded.
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 drained minced anchovy from a can
- 2 tablespoons fat-free mayo
- 2 tablespoons fat-free sour cream
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped chives
- Stir everything together.
- Serve as a dip or stir into canned tuna or salmon.
- One serving is 1½ tablespoons (that’s how much you can have for zero points).
Some More Hot Content For You
- Tasty Chinese SeasoningsLearning how to season your Chinese recipes is essential if you want them to be successful. Chinese seasonings can liven up plain dishes. The seasonings used in Chinese recipes create the special flavors which differentiate the regional styles. Sesame oil, oyster sauce, chicken broth and soy sauce are the most commonly used seasonings in Chinese cuisine. These Chinese seasonings can be added before, during or after cooking, depending on the recipe. If you are serving a dish with rice, the seasoning should be heavier than if you were serving it alone. Savory dipping sauces are often served with Chinese recipes, and the most popular Chinese .....
- Spanakopita Greek Spinach PieThis amazing Greek dish is famed not only in Greece but anywhere in the world there are Greek people or Greek restaurants. I personally love Spanakopita Greek spinach pie and one slice is never enough! The joy of Spanakopita Greek spinach pie is that it is made with phyllo pastry. Adding melted butter between the pastry layers makes it really flaky and tasty. The filling is spinach, egg, 2 kinds of cheese, onion and parsley, and the flavor is simply amazing. You can either make triangular servings or one large Spanakopita Greek spinach pie which is cut into slices. The method is the same but the large pie will take about twice the time to .....
- Vietnamese Summer RollsThe first time I saw a photo of Vietnamese summer rolls I just thought ‘wow’! I love spring rolls (egg rolls) because of their wonderful crispy exterior, but summer rolls are slightly different, still oozing Asian character but featuring a very different coating and a more subtle, fragrant characteristic which you will love. These are lovely in the summer (hence the name) but perfect served as an appetizer or light meal any time of the year. What are Vietnamese Summer Rolls? A summer roll is a Vietnamese dish made by enclosing a filling in a soft rice paper wrap. Typical ingredients used to make the filling include shrimp, pork, .....
- Wonderful WontonsIf you are looking for an easy wonton recipe to impress your family, you are sure to find some very tempting wonton recipes right here. Everyone loves wonderful wontons and they are so easy to prepare. Maybe you are keen to try out meat wontons, fish wontons, dessert wontons, fried wontons, baked wontons or one of the best wonton soup recipes. There are so many wonderful wontons you can try! There are various ways to wrap wontons and ways to cook wontons so whether you fancy a crunchy filled wonton or a soft dumpling-like one, we have the best wonton recipes for you. It is easy to be spoilt for choice because all of these easy wonton recipes .....
- Easy Pakora RecipeBefore we go into the details of our easy pakora recipe you might be wondering what is pakora exactly. That is a very good question! Pakoras are made by combining grated or finely chopped vegetables (and perhaps other ingredients) with Indian spices, then cooking the results in little balls until crispy, either frying or baking them. Hot and Typically Indian This crispy Indian snack is best served hot. There are different types of pakora, and you can use meat to make it or even keep it vegetarian. These treats may be served alongside other Indian favorites, such as a chicken curry and rice, or you can enjoy them as an appetizer. Some people .....
- Different Kitchen Styles ExplainedNo matter how much space you have available or what budget, it is possible to create the kitchen of your dreams. Take a look at different kitchen styles and see which you resonate most with. These are some of the most popular kitchen styles which you can recreate: Contemporary For a great contemporary kitchen, rich wood finishes, high tech appliances and luxury gloss is the look you need to aim for. Floor to ceiling cupboards give you plenty of storage space, leaving the worktops uncluttered and wraparound surfaces that link the sink, worktop and splashback look great too. Transitional A transitional kitchen will have elements of .....
- Braised Lamb Shanks in Red Wine SauceI fell in love with lamb shanks the first time I ever tried them. They are so tasty, so juicy and the flavor is amazing. Lamb shanks are best slow cooked and, although you can do them in the oven, a crockpot or Dutch oven will be your very best friend in the kitchen if you want really great results from this braised lamb shanks in red wine sauce recipe. One lamb shank per person is enough, and they go really well with mashed potatoes and vegetables (maybe red cabbage, asparagus or carrots) along with your choice of sauce. I like to make lamb shanks in the crockpot and then either spoon the sauce directly over the meat, or else reduce it in a .....
- How to Make Vegetable OmeletThis recipe is your best friend if you want to make a perfect vegetable omelet, and this is a skill everyone should know. Learning how to make vegetable omelet is very easy and you can serve this for any meal. Omelets can be served for breakfast, lunch or dinner, and this recipe makes enough for 2 servings. You will love the perfect flavor and texture this offers. How to Make Vegetable Omelet: Some Handy Tips If you want to cut the fat and calories, swap the butter for margarine and use skim milk. You can also use reduced-fat cheese in it. As for the vegetables, pretty much anything works. Tomatoes, mushrooms, green onion, fresh herbs and .....
- Cream of Cauliflower Soup RecipeThis delicious cream of cauliflower soup recipe is thick and creamy. If you want to make the best cream of cauliflower soup recipe, this is a very nice recipe to choose. Each serving offers 150 calories, 12g carbs, 4g protein and 10g fat. This makes a very nice lunch or appetizer. I often make curried soups but occasionally I like to make something creamy, and cauliflower is really good. Mashed cauliflower (like mashed potatoes but with cauliflower) is also very good, and I like to add cauliflower to curries. Cream of Cauliflower Soup Recipe: So Simple and Good What makes this cream of cauliflower soup recipe special is the simplicity of it. .....
- Easy Baked Chicken Breasts with TomatoesThis easy baked chicken breasts with tomatoes dish is a wonderful recipe for busy weeknights. All you need to do is add the chicken with the other ingredients to an ovenproof dish and then bake it until the chicken is cooked through. Yes it really is that easy to make this wonderful easy baked chicken breasts with tomatoes meal! Recipes like this appeal to the whole family from the smallest to the most senior, and you can either make the recipe as it is written, or take a look in your refrigerator and see which vegetables you have which can be used up. Serve the finished baked chicken with asparagus and mashed potatoes, with broccoli and .....