Wonderful Weightwatchers Recipes
WeightWatchers is certainly a diet to consider if you want to lose a few pounds. This company was founded by Jean Nidetch from Brooklyn in the 1960s. Today WeightWatchers is international and operates in more than thirty countries. There are lots of WeightWatchers recipes you can make, most of which are really tasty.
This diet program includes regular meetings, group support and a points system to calculate how much food you can eat in order to shed excess weight.
Weightwatchers Recipes and Weight Watchers Points
Each type of food or beverage has a point value and you first calculate how many points you are allowed per day (depending on your weight, height and activity level) and then you keep track of what you eat. It helps to join Weight Watchers online and/or attend weekly meetings, especially if the support of others inspires you to keep to the WeightWatchers recipes and other allowed foods on this diet.
Eat Yummy Snacks Without Guilt
One of the best things about Weight Watchers is that some points have a zero point value, which means you can indulge in them and eat as much as you like without gaining any weight! OK so chocolate and donuts are not in this list, but you can certainly make some yummy dishes which do fill you up until your next meal. Nobody likes feeling hungry, so why not make some 0 point WW meals to please your stomach.
- 1 spray Frylight (or similar) cooking spray
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh dill weed
- 1 lb (450g) raw, boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 romaine leaves, cut in half
- 4 toasted light hamburger buns
- ½ tomato, cut into 4 slices
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- 3 oz (85g) crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon nonfat milk
- 1 tablespoon minced raw red onion
- Coat the grill with cooking spray and preheat to medium-high.
- You can use a grill pan if you prefer.
- Pound the chicken until it is ¼ inch thick then put it on a baking sheet.
- Stir the oil with the garlic powder, dill weed, vinegar, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Pour this slowly over the chicken and flip to coat the other side too.
- Let it marinate for 10 minutes.
- Mash the cheese with the red onion and milk, using a fork.
- Grill the chicken, flipping it once, until cooked through.
- Expect this to take 2 or 3 minutes per side.
- Put the chicken on the toasted bun bottoms and spread the feta cheese mixture over each one.
- Top with romaine and tomato, then put the bun tops on and serve while still warm.
If you are looking for a diet which offers you the chance to lose those excess pounds but you don’t want any of your favorite foods to be banned, then this might inspire you.
Why Weight Watchers Works
WeightWatchers is an eating plan used by people all over the world with a huge success rate and excellent reviews. The style of this diet plan and the unique program which is on offer will ensure that you lose weight effectively. Far too many diets cause a yo-yo effect, which means that within a short space of time, you have once again gained weight.
Why Weight Watchers is So Unique
You will soon discover that WeightWatchers is like no other diet plan and that you have a huge array of choice available to you on the plan. Being able to purchase, choose and cook the foods that you want is ideal and makes the diet far easier to follow. Whether you have a long road ahead of you, or simply want to lose a few pounds, Weight Watchers is perfect.
Becoming Part of an Amazing Community
Support is something that everyone attempting to lose weight will need, and the Weight Watchers community is excellent. You can join one of the many groups around the world, or sign up online which will offer the same level of support and information. The weekly meetings are great, to help you to remain focused, and able to discuss any issues or problems.
Weigh-ins and Maintenance
The regular weigh-ins and meetings ensure that you remain focused and that any concerns you have can be resolved immediately. Every time you have a weigh-in the numbers are recorded, which means, good or bad, you have to face up to the results.
There are a huge number of resources available to Weight Watcher members, ensuring that you never feel confused or lost. The excellent maintenance program ensures you will keep the weight off in the future and continue to make the lifestyle changes which are needed. Every element of the weight watchers program will become natural, and you will live a healthy life with very little effort.
- 1 spray Frylight (or similar) cooking spray
- 1 whole raw cauliflower
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C) and spray cooking spray over a baking sheet.
- Cut the cauliflower into bite-sized florets and put them in a bowl.
- Add the salt, cumin, chili and pepper, and toss well.
- Spread the spiced florets over the greased baking sheet and cook for 20 minutes or until tender.
- Stir after about 10 minutes to promote even cooking.
- Enjoy these cauliflower poppers hot. If you are only cooking for one person, then divide the recipe in half.
The System of Points
There are two main styles of points with the WeightWatchers plan, which are the food points and activity points. You will be given a daily amount of points that you will need to remain within, and this will be achieved by recording your food and drink, and not exceeding the total. Initially this may seem daunting but you will be amazed how many different foods are allowed within your total.
You will learn a huge amount regarding portion control, dietary needs, and what you can eat and what you need to leave off your diet. The activity points are rewards to you for any exercise that you may have done during the day. These points will allow you to gain bonus foods, and everyone loves being rewarded.
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 drained minced anchovy from a can
- 2 tablespoons fat-free mayo
- 2 tablespoons fat-free sour cream
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped chives
- Stir everything together.
- Serve as a dip or stir into canned tuna or salmon.
- One serving is 1½ tablespoons (that’s how much you can have for zero points).
Some More Hot Content For You
- Chunky Vegetable Stew with Potato RostiNothing beats a stew on a chilly day, and even if you do not eat meat or chicken, you can still make the most wonderful flavored chunky vegetable stew with potato rosti. This dish is made with vegetables instead of meat so it is also nutritious. The onion and garlic are fried first, just to turn them golden brown and bring out their wonderful aromas, then all the other ingredients go into the pot and the stew really starts to take shape. The seasonings for the chunky vegetable stew with potato rosti are cumin and orange juice, and then of course you have the garlic taste. This might not sound like much but don’t forget how great the .....
- Delish Fish Crack SlawI love trying new ways of making crackslaw, and fish makes a nice, light alternative to meat. Of course, it is carb-free just like meat is, and you can choose anything between sole for a light flavor or cod for a richer flavor. I really enjoyed this fish crack slaw and want to make it often. There are plenty of other types of fish you can use in fish crack slaw as well and examples that come to my mind include tilapia, snapper, halibut, monkfish, dogfish, basa fish, and haddock. As long as it’s skinless and boneless it will work. Don’t use imitation seafood in fish crack slaw though, like those imitation crab pieces or crab .....
- Cream of Spinach SoupThis cream of spinach soup is comparable to a vichyssoise which is a creamy French potato soup but adding spinach gives it a different flavor, as well as a distinctive color. This is lovely served with crackers or just with some bread on the side. The flavor is magnificent and this is one of the best things you can do with spinach. An immersion blender is handy when making this cream of spinach soup because you can avoid pureeing it in batches in the blender, but if you don’t have one, that doesn’t matter too much. Use fresh spinach in this cream of spinach soup recipe so you get the lovely fresh flavor. This makes a nice .....
- Thai Fried Rice with ShrimpThis is very typical food in Thailand, and you can find Thai fried rice with shrimp (or chicken or another protein) served everywhere from a food stand on the street corner to a fine Thai food restaurant. There are different ways to make Thai fried rice with shrimp and you can usually specify which meat you want to have in there. When making Thai fried rice, you can use up any meats or seafood and veggies left in the refrigerator so if you have leftovers it is a great way to use them up. More about Thai Fried Rice with Shrimp Unlike Chinese fried rice and some other kinds, Thai fried rice comes with a wedge of lime on the side along with .....
- Hoisin Duck BriocheThis particular Hoisin duck brioche dish was inspired by a recent visit to Ruby, Exeter, where I enjoyed something very similar. Yep here I am dreaming of Ruby again! Well anyway the duck and hoisin are beautiful together, along with the cucumber, and although I am more used to enjoying this mixture in pancake wraps, I found the brioche really good with them, since brioche is naturally sweet and chewy, and just seemed to complement the hoisin duck flavors. What Goes with Hoisin Duck Brioche? I enjoyed this Hoisin duck brioche with a peanut butter wolf cocktail when I was at Ruby’s but you might prefer something else depending on what .....
- Fruits de Mer RecipePlateau de fruits de mer is the French term for seafood platter, and this recipe comprises both cooked and raw seafood on a chilled platter, often on a bed of ice. If you order a fruits de mer recipe, you can expect shellfish along with bread, mayonnaise (preferably homemade) and condiments like cocktail sauce and mignonette sauce. The serving platter will be above table level on some kind of stand, and sometimes there are several tiers, both to make it look for elegant, and also because some of the shellfish is served on the half-shell or in the full shell, and then it takes up a lot of room. A fruits de mer recipe is traditionally served .....
- Mexican Christmas Salad with a Hot TwistThis Mexican Christmas salad recipe is traditional in both Old and New Mexico, although we are adding a twist with the charred lettuce wedge. Although romaine (known as cos lettuce in some places) really comes to life on a grill, the delicate leaves do not always stand up to the temperature needed by the rest of the food on the grill, and nobody wants a wilted mess on their plate. Thanks to the blowtorch you can control how much heat you use and where it is directed. Besides, who wants to stand outside shivering over the grill on Christmas day, knee-deep in snow? Er, no thanks! How Mexican Christmas Salad is Prepared In this Mexican .....
- Very Low Carb Bread RecipeThere is low carb bread and there is this very low carb bread recipe. If you’ve been doing Atkins or low carbing for a while, you will have tried some of the more ‘eggy’ or ‘dense’ breads and while they are passable (just!) they aren’t exactly a good bread substitute. Some low carbers will forgo the bread entirely, choosing to wrap their burger or sandwich in a large lettuce leaf instead and while there is nothing wrong with that, sometimes it’s nice to have something a bit chewier and more bready, even if it isn’t going to be that high-carb processed stuff you used to eat before. There are .....
- Octopus and Squid Stir FryLast night I decided to make seafood so I grabbed some raw squid (calamari) tubes and also 2 cooked octopus legs. I had an idea of how to cook them but wasn’t sure how to reheat the octopus without it going tough. I really wanted an octopus and squid stir fry though, so I went ahead with it. On the package it said to give it a couple of minutes in the microwave but I wasn’t keen on that idea. Instead I prepared a stir-fry type dish with the squid, then added the octopus at the end and just stirred it into the rest of the mixture until it was warmed through. It came out really well and octopus and squid stir fry is something I .....
- 100 Calorie Vegetable SoupI love making this 100 calorie vegetable soup but I am quite lazy sometimes! Even though I will go to the trouble of roasting pumpkin to make pumpkin soup or caramelizing onion for French onion soup, other times I like to toss the ingredients into a pot. Then I forget about it for an hour, then puree the results, and actually that’s how you end up with a really good vegetable soup recipe sometimes! If you’re new to making soup (or looking for some vegetable soup ideas) read on for a very easy recipe for 100 calorie vegetable soup. I’d like to share my 100 calorie vegetable soup recipe with you because I’ve made it a .....