Best Indian Omelet Recipe
This omelet makes a great side dish for a curry if you don’t want to serve rice or naan bread or if you are looking for low carb side dish ideas. You can also eat it by itself as a meal or snack. This is the best Indian omelet recipe to choose if you are looking to spice things up a little and enjoy a brand new flavor.
What is in the Best Indian Omelet Recipe
Along with the eggs which are of course the main ingredient in any omelet, we are using spinach, shallots, cilantro, turmeric and chili.
You can omit the spinach if you want, or replace it with sliced mushrooms. You can also swap the shallots for a small yellow onion or omit the chili pepper if you don’t want it spicy.
Making the best Indian omelet recipe is simply a matter of combining the ingredients then cooking the omelet in a skillet. I like to wilt the spinach first but you don’t have to do that unless you want it really soft. It cooks in the omelet anyway.
I used a green chili (I think it was a hothouse jalapeno) because that’s all I had and it worked pretty well, but I think any kind of chili pepper would work here. A red would would look colorful in the finished masala omelet.
Make sure you use enough oil and, if possible, a nonstick pan. The omelet needs to be cooked on one side then flipped over, preferably in one piece! You can cut this into strips to serve it or cut it into triangles if you prefer.
If you prefer your omelet recipes fluffier or lighter, you can add a tablespoon or two of milk, Half & Half or even cream to the egg mixture. This is optional and I usually don’t.
Whether you are looking for new omelet ideas because you are tired of your usual ham and cheese or mushroom omelet recipes, or you want something with an Indian flair, our best Indian omelet recipe is ideal because it tastes great, goes as a nice side dish alongside fish, chicken, pork – anything really – and it is nutritious too.
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup shredded fresh spinach
- 2 minced shallots
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro (fresh coriander)
- ⅛ teaspoon ground turmeric
- ½ minced green chili pepper
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder or ground paprika
- 1 tablespoon oil, for cooking
- Beat the eggs with the spinach, shallots, cilantro, turmeric, chili pepper, salt and pepper.
- Heat the oil in a skillet.
- Pour in the egg batter and cook until set on the bottom.
- Sprinkle the chili powder or paprika on top, then flip it over.
- Cook the other side for a minute or until set, then serve.
Some More Hot Content For You
- Lebanese Lamb MeatballsI love this Lebanese lamb meatballs recipe. I’ve only made the meatballs once so far but it’s something I’m definitely going to make again! These Lebanese lamb meatballs boast plenty of herbs in the form of parsley and mint. You might be surprised at the amount of herbs in these meatballs but, believe me, the combination works really well. Ground lamb is something I don’t use that often, just because the only place I can get it where I live is the Cash and Carry and that’s not somewhere I go much, but when I do use it I like to make something special, perhaps some comfort food like shepherd’s pie, or else .....
- Dairy Free Cantaloupe and Prawn StarterThis dairy free cantaloupe and prawn starter recipe is also nut free and soy free, as well as dairy free. The delicious prawn salad is served inside a cantaloupe melon, making this a very attractive starter recipe as well as a delicious one. You can either cut the cantaloupe melons into wedges and serve them with the salad or use this recipe as the centrepieces for a buffet table. This is a colorful and appetizing starter recipe. Cantaloupe and Prawn Starter: Tweaks You Can Make You don’t have to use the melon at all for this seafood starter recipe if you don’t want to and a bed of salad leaves is fine instead. Use baby spinach, .....
- Seafood Stuffed SquidThis classic recipe for seafood stuffed squid combines shrimp, fish and squid to make a seafood-rich meal. You will need large squid for this. Each one is stuffed with shrimp, and fish and then you make a sauce using tomato, paprika, bread, wine and onion which goes over the squid. The sauce flavors the squid, adds moisture to the dish and also looks good on the plate when you serve the seafood stuffed squid. Cut the squid into slices to serve for the best-looking result. The filling for this seafood stuffed squid should match the amount of squid but if you have any leftover squid including the tentacles, you can cut it into rings and .....
- Vaginal Yeast Infection HelpYeast infections are commonly found in the vaginal area and a huge amount of women suffer with this form of infection every year. This is when they desperately search for vaginal yeast infection help. The technical term for this infection is Candidiasis, and is often caused by the yeast in your body growing far too fast. The species of fungus that produces this problem is Candida and is present in your body at all times. This fungus will grow and spread rapidly when provided with the ideal conditions, such as a warm, moist place to thrive. When the yeast grows to an uncontrollable level, the infection will begin, which can vary from mild to .....
- Creamy Pumpkin BakeThis creamy pumpkin bake is a low carb recipe you will love. Serve it as a snack, dessert or appetizer. There are very few ingredients required so this would be perfect for any home cook, novice, advanced, or anything between these two. Our creamy pumpkin bake is something you might already have all the ingredients for, so why not get stuck in and make this? It is quick and easy to prepare and you will be so glad you made it. I love pumpkin and it’s available for most of the year here in its fresh form. It also keeps a long time. I buy canned pumpkin and that lasts for ages in the pantry, but make sure you choose the sugar-free kind. .....
- Benefits of PilatesPilates is a wonderful exercise to do if you want to strengthen your body while also becoming more flexible. A lot of Pilates is done on the ground. Mat work, as it’s called, helps you strengthen your core muscles and does so in a way that is easy on your back. There are many benefits of Pilates, some of which you can guess and others which might not be so immediately apparent when you begin. Some More Hot Content For You Greek Lamb Pasta Bake with Feta How to Make Vegetable Quiche Easy UK Appetizer Ideas Decadent Chocolate Walnut Cake Perfect Pink Diamond Rings Easy Cream Cheese Stuffed Peppers Tender Oven Baked Short Ribs IHOP Pancakes .....
- Simple Zucchini PancakesThese simple zucchini pancakes make a great breakfast and you can make them in advance, so what is not to love about that? Low in calories and fat (especially if you fry them in cooking spray rather than butter or oil) they can be enjoyed with sausage or bacon, or simply as they are, perhaps with some garlic mushrooms on the side or a broiled tomato. Try these simple zucchini pancakes and you will be surprised how great they are. Different Types of Pancakes Pancakes range from thin and crepe-like to thick and fluffy, and different people prefer them different ways. And yes some even prefer these simple zucchini pancakes. Personally I am more .....
- Easy Baked Chicken LegsIf you have some chicken legs, or chicken leg quarters, in other words the thigh and drumstick attached, then you might be wondering how to cook them. I love to make easy baked chicken legs regularly. The good news is this cut of chicken is not only economical but filling, tasty (because it is higher in fat than the chicken breast) and easy to cook. Although you can slow cook chicken legs, I nearly always bake them in the oven because this gets the skin really crisp, and that’s the best bit! How to Get Chicken Skin Crispy on Easy Baked Chicken Legs You will need to add salt plus some kind of fat to get the skin to crisp up. This .....
- Kitchen Gadgets Every Home Cook Should HaveMost people already have basic kitchen appliances such as toasters and kettles but these items do break! That’s why it’s good that you can pick up replacement kitchen gadgets cheaply. Other small kitchen appliances include juicers, blenders, mini blenders and coffee machines and you can get tiny kitchen appliances if you have a tiny kitchen. Others fold up or you can store them in the cupboard on on a wall. Once you have sorted out all your main kitchen appliances, it is time to stock up on handy time-saving tools and labor-saving kitchen gadgets. Kitchen gadgets do not have to be complicated or expensive. Some of the best and .....
- 7 Boneless Skinless Chicken Thigh RecipesChicken thighs are a wonderful option. Not only are they cheap and easy to find, but they are also very tasty, boating plenty of flavor. You can make all kinds of delicious boneless skinless chicken thigh recipes and you are sure to adore the taste. Unlike chicken breast, which can dry out quickly, the higher fat content in chicken thighs keeps them succulent and moist. They are forgiving even if you overcook them a bit. If you spot some on sale in the grocery store, grab them because there are plenty of wonderful boneless skinless chicken thigh recipes you can rustle up using chicken thighs. You can expect a great flavor from a good chicken .....