Beef and Carrot Crackslaw
Carrots have more carbs than a lot of other vegetables, so you would not want to make this beef and carrot crackslaw recipe on Atkins Induction, for example, but if you like the sweetness of carrots, then perhaps you will love this recipe, because the carrots are particularly nice with the beef, onions and Chinese seasonings.
This crack slaw recipe is full of flavor. To cut some of the carbs, if you want to do that, swap half the carrots for shredded cabbage, or else you might like to throw in some mushrooms (Chinese mushrooms or just button ones) if you prefer.
Which Order to Cook the Ingredients In
Although you can make this beef and carrot crackslaw in stages, first browning the meat, and then removing it from the pan and browning the carrots and then doing the onions, and so on, I usually just start the carrots first because they always take a long time to do, then add everything else and just keep stirring it.
The beef and vegetables will then cook at about the same rate, and I can add the seasonings as I go, and just check it tastes good at the end, or add more hot sauce or more soy sauce or whatever. If you are low carbing you don’t have to worry about draining the fat off the meat after frying it, unless it is VERY fatty.
A little fat adds flavor and a moderate amount adds even more flavor to this beef and carrot crackslaw. Fat is not the enemy, neither in low carb eating nor regular eating. Fat has more calories per gram than protein or carbs but it is essential for good health and it is good for you either eaten in moderation or, like some low carbers, eaten plentifully.
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- 2 tbsps soy sauce
- 2 tbsps hot sauce
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsps Splenda
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- ½ tsp crushed red pepper
- ½ finely diced onion
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 lb finely diced carrot
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 2 tbsps sesame oil
- Saute the carrot and onion in the olive oil for 5 minutes, then add all the remaining ingredients.
- Cook, stirring often, until the beef is no longer pink and the vegetables are tender.
- Check and adjust the seasonings if needed.
Some More Hot Content For You
- Thai Vegetarian CrackslawIf you want to try something brand new, this Thai vegetarian crackslaw recipe offers an aromatic Asian flavor. Use Quorn, TVP (textured vegetable protein) or your favorite vegetarian meat alternative as well as julienne-cut veggies to make this dish commonly known as veggie crack or vegetable crackslaw. You will love the fragrant Thai flavors this dish offers, and probably want to make it again and again. This dish is low in carbs yet high in flavor. Thai Vegetarian Crackslaw If you want to use meat or poultry by all means go ahead. Just ensure it is fully cooked before adding the other ingredients to the pan. This recipe offers a wonderful .....
- Hot Honey and Lemon Drink for the FluNobody likes to be suffering with a cold or the flu but if you are unfortunate enough to have it, then the good news is there is a wonderful hot honey and lemon drink for the flu you can make yourself quickly and easily, which will help you feel better. All you need are honey and lemon to make this hot honey and lemon drink for the flu, as well as some hot water, so while the kettle is coming to a boil, you can squeeze some fresh lemon juice. If you don’t have any lemons then squeezy lemon juice will do at a pinch. You might also want to add some whiskey, brandy or your favorite liquor. Although this does not do much for your cold or .....
- Healthy Mediterranean SaladBoasting all kinds of delicious ingredients from lettuce and tomatoes to corn, olives, oregano, and a stunning oil and vinegar dressing, this salad offers a true taste of the Mediterranean, and it makes a lovely side dish for any fish, meat or poultry dish. Consider this healthy Mediterranean salad recipe if you want a fresh and seasonal side dish. Alternatively you can serve it as an appetizer. I can’t stress enough how important it is to wash your lettuce properly because there might be little worms or caterpillars in there (yes, I found one last week!) So separate the leaves and use a salad spinner after rinsing the lettuce in cold .....
- Best Chicken Caesar SaladThis is an amazing recipe and something I make often. In my opinion this is definitely the best chicken Caesar salad you can make. Sometimes I roast chicken legs and then make this without the chicken, and serve the two together. Caesar salad is something I love and it is one of my favorite salads. I always have Caesar dressing in the refrigerator and serve it with buffalo chicken sometimes since ranch dressing is something unheard of where I live. Although this best chicken Caesar salad recipe uses mayonnaise in the dressing rather than raw eggs, it is still really nice. A lot of people don’t like using raw eggs in recipes or .....
- Pork Potstickers Wonton RecipeThese easy potstickers or soft wontons are nice served with a homemade hot garlic potsticker sauce. You can make this by mashing 4 garlic cloves, ½ teaspoon of Szechuan hot oil and a teaspoon each of sherry and vinegar. Stir in 3 tablespoons of soy sauce and you will have a wonderful garlic sauce. Anyone who loves pork and Chinese cuisine is going to enjoy this pork potstickers wonton recipe because it’s so satisfying. The Perfect Dipping Sauce You can use a bottled garlic sauce if you prefer, or serve this pan-fried pork potstickers wonton recipe with sweet chili sauce. Chinese mustard or hoisin sauce are other options. Perhaps you .....
- History of the ToiletToilet history may not seem appealing; however, you will be amazed how interesting this subject can be when you begin to learn all the fascinating facts about the history of the toilet. Millions of people take the marvel of modern day toilets for granted, and it is hard to imagine a time without this basic convenience. Modern day plumbing and sanitation systems have ensured that a huge majority of people own a toilet. Prior to the invention of the modern flush toilets, which are seen in households today, the waste would have been disposed of through the use of chamber pots. These were filled and taken outside to the outhouses to dispose of, .....
- 100 Calorie Vegetable SoupI love making this 100 calorie vegetable soup but I am quite lazy sometimes! Even though I will go to the trouble of roasting pumpkin to make pumpkin soup or caramelizing onion for French onion soup, other times I like to toss the ingredients into a pot. Then I forget about it for an hour, then puree the results, and actually that’s how you end up with a really good vegetable soup recipe sometimes! If you’re new to making soup (or looking for some vegetable soup ideas) read on for a very easy recipe for 100 calorie vegetable soup. I’d like to share my 100 calorie vegetable soup recipe with you because I’ve made it a .....
- Lasagna with Ricotta and Italian SausageThis delicious lasagna with ricotta and Italian sausage is a snap to make and it freezes well too if you wrap individual portions in plastic wrap and then aluminum foil. Simply unwrap and reheat any time you want to enjoy this ricotta lasagna again. If you want to use ground beef rather than the Italian sausage, go ahead. Tasty Lasagna with Ricotta and Italian Sausage Additions Some people like to add some sage to the sausage or use sweet sausage instead of the hot kind and add some red chili flakes. You know which you like best, so go ahead and choose your favorite kind when preparing this lasagna with ricotta and Italian sausage. If you .....
- Types of ShowersShowers have become popular additions to bathrooms all over the world as more people become aware of saving water. Another reason for having a shower fitted is to save space, and for many people this is vital. You can choose between a variety of different types of showers to suit your needs and budget. Before rushing out to purchase a new shower, you will need to consider several different elements, which will determine the style of shower that you choose. You will need to think about the amount of people in the household, and your current heating system. The right shower should cater to all your needs and suit you perfectly. Choosing a .....
- Easy Pasta Salad with Parmesan CheesePasta salad is always a winning dish. It is cheap to make, you can use leftover cooked pasta or cook some in about 10 minutes, and there are all kinds of flavors you can add to this easy pasta salad with parmesan cheese. In this recipe we are keeping with the Italian theme (although you might like to look at our Indian pasta salad for a wonderful fusion idea!) by incorporating parmesan cheese and sun-dried tomatoes. Dressing Tweaks Although the tangy red wine vinegar dressing is good, sometimes I prefer to just use mayo for a super-simple dressing which boasts a lovely creaminess everyone is going to love. You can add other flavors to the .....