Chilled Crunchy Raw Crack Slaw
This raw crack slaw recipe shows you how to make coleslaw style crackslaw. While crack slaw is usually made hot in a wok and served like a Chinese dish, this recipe is different, surprisingly so if you have made the regular kind a few times already.
Instead of being cooked the cabbage mixture is tossed together cold and then you let it stand until the flavors are better blended. Then serve it raw. Yep, this is a recipe for raw crack slaw, and it tastes fantastic!
Flavored with all the best ingredients like vinegar, citrus juice and sesame oil, this raw crack slaw will fulfill all your hunger pangs and leave you really satisfied. Serve it alongside steak, chicken or fish, or just have it by itself. You can make this and take it to work in a sealed container, enjoying it at room temperature, or make a batch and enjoy it over the course of the next few days as a tasty side dish or whenever you fancy a snack.
A lot of people are not sure which crackslaw recipe to make first, and I always suggest our classic crackslaw recipe simply because that is the original one unless you expressly want something raw or you don’t want to cook for whatever reason. This is a nice recipe and it makes a change from regular hot crackslaw recipes but make sure you also try those!
Raw Crack Slaw: Satisfying and Crunchy
This coleslaw crackslaw recipe will satisfy you completely and the crunch is part of what makes it so good.
You could cook regular classic crackslaw to al dente but if it is crunch you want then make this version. The flavor won’t let you down and you will love the texture too. If you fancy a change of pace but you still fancy the appeal that crackslaw offers and the filling result it has, you can’t go wrong with this tasty recipe.
- 1 small head green cabbage
- 1 sweet onion
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 orange (or yellow) bell pepper
- Your favorite sweetener, to taste
- ½ sliced chili pepper or ¼ teaspoon chili powder (optional)
- Fresh orange or lime juice, to taste
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Fresh mint sprigs, for garnish (optional)
- Finely shred the cabbage, and slice the peppers and onions finely.
- Whisk the citrus juice and vinegar until combined, then whisk in the oil, salt and pepper.
- Stir in the chili if you want to use it.
- Add the vegetables and toss to mix.
- Let it stand for half an hour at room temperature (so the flavors can blend) then serve.
- Garnish with mint if you like, if you're letting people serve themselves or making a potluck or buffet dish.
Some More Hot Content For You
- Types of ShowersShowers have become popular additions to bathrooms all over the world as more people become aware of saving water. Another reason for having a shower fitted is to save space, and for many people this is vital. You can choose between a variety of different types of showers to suit your needs and budget. Before rushing out to purchase a new shower, you will need to consider several different elements, which will determine the style of shower that you choose. You will need to think about the amount of people in the household, and your current heating system. The right shower should cater to all your needs and suit you perfectly. Choosing a .....
- Oven Baked Short RibsIf you’re looking for a great ribs recipe but using the oven instead of the grill, this oven baked short ribs recipe is certainly worth considering. It’s easy to make and the kitchen is going to smell incredible when you make this wonderful meal. What You Need for Oven Baked Short Ribs We are baking the ribs in the oven and adding a delicious sauce made with peach preserves, lemon juice, sugar, vinegar, paprika, black pepper, and Worcestershire sauce. These oven baked short ribs are really tasty and falling-apart tender. The whole family will enjoy this succulent treat. What Kind of Ribs to Choose We are using meaty bone-in beef .....
- Carb Blockers – Everything You Need to KnowDieting isn’t always easy. If it was, we would all be slim, right? The problem with a lot of diets is you have to deprive yourself of your favorite foods (you know, all those ones that taste good) and feel hungry in order to shed a pound or two, if you’re lucky. So what about carb blockers – everything you need to know about these might just convince you to give them a try but honestly, do they really work? Reducing the intake of carbs is a popular way of lowering weight, and you can try diets such as Atkins to show you how to keep your carbs very low. The problem with diets like this is they eliminate (at least in the .....
- Quick Mackerel Pate RecipeIf you are in a hurry it’s good to know that you can make this quick mackerel pate recipe in a matter of minutes. Smoked mackerel fillets are used for this pate as well as soft cheese, onions, lemon and tabasco. Serve this pate with melba toast or crackers and perhaps some grapes or basil leaves for garnish. Homemade is Always Best Buying pate from the shop is easy but homemade pate is always in a league of its own. In fact there is no comparison between the two. If you want to make a nice starter recipe for a dinner party then consider mackerel paté and you will be very tempted. Soft cheese, spring onions and lemon work harmoniously .....
- Elegant Seafood Fettucine with Lemon and DillTry this seafood fettuccine with lemon and dill recipe if you are out to impress. This is the perfect go-to recipe for a dinner party because it pairs seafood with pasta and it looks like a true gourmet dish on the plate, although to be honest it is really easy to put together. As well as the fettuccine pasta you will need mixed seafood, and for your flavors you will be adding lemon, dill and a touch of Tabasco sauce – flavors which are amazing with seafood. For this seafood fettuccine with lemon and dill recipe, the pasta is cooked in one pan while the seafood mixture is cooked in another. You then have the choice of either combining .....
- Low Carb Mini Quiches RecipeWhether you serve these low carb mini quiches for breakfast, lunch, dinner or just as a snack, there is no doubt these mini quiches will satisfy your hunger. Eggs are a basic staple on low carb diets because they offer plenty of nutrients, they are filling and tasty, and there are so many recipes you can make with this versatile, budget ingredient. Eggs are great for vegetarians and pescetarians, as well as carnivores. Low Carb Mini Quiches: An Easy Freezy Idea! One great thing about this low carb mini quiches recipe is you can freeze the quiches, then just pop one in the microwave for half a minute. Make a big batch at once and you will .....
- Cream Cheese Wonton Ideas and Chinese Dumplings and Soft WontonsThe most important part of your cabbage soup is, of course, the cabbage. You can get cabbage year-round and this vegetable weighs between one and seven pounds. Choose a cabbage with a big, compact head, and tender green leaves which do not show insect damage or holes. Fresh cabbage has plenty of outer leaves and greengrocers peel these off as the cabbage ages. Consider cream cheese wonton ideas. Cream cheese goes with cabbage really well (and seafood too!) Check the bottom of the cabbage before buying it, to check the leaves are not coming off the stem. If they are, that means the cabbage is old. Savoy cabbages are lighter for their size .....
- Best Collection of Cheeseball RecipesFind out how to make a delicious cheeseball by combining ingredients like cheese, garlic, cream cheese, nuts, bacon and other ingredients. Cheeseball recipes have been around for decades but they never lose their appeal! So what do you serve with cheeseball recipes? Well they are great for dipping crackers, chips or bread slices and the softer ones are even good with softer ingredients. Take your pick but crackers are my preference. Do You Serve Cheese Balls Chilled or Not? Well you can leave your cheese ball at room temperature to soften it or keep it chilled until serving for extra firmness. But don’t serve it too cold or you .....
- Low Carb Paella Using Cauli RiceWhen I worked in Gran Canaria I used to eat paella a lot. In fact I made friends with a local chef who used to make a special batch for me minus the peas (my pet food hate!) This rice-based delicacy was served with half a baguette, plenty of alioli, or ai oli (or garlic mayo) and perhaps a sangria on the side. At that time I had never even heard of a low carb paella using cauli rice because I was enjoying the real thing too much to deviate. Try as I might, I could never tire of this wonderful Spanish dish. Fast forward a decade and I still love that flavor but my husband is diabetic and rice is a no-no. So I wondered at this point whether .....
- Cream Cheese Stuffed Sweet PeppersThese cream cheese stuffed sweet peppers are gorgeous and I often make them as a side dish. I like to use the long pointy red peppers, both because of their nice, sweet flavor, and also because of how they lie flat on the plate and don’t fall over. You can use bell peppers if you want, or even chilies if you have a taste for them. Roast these in the oven or broil them if you prefer. Keep an eye on them. You will be able to see when they are done. Tweak if You Wish It is perfectly possible to tweak this cream cheese stuffed sweet peppers recipe based on what you have. I have made these with just the peppers and the cream cheese before .....