Crackslaw with Chicken – Reduced Calorie Option
Using chicken is a great idea if you want something with fewer calories yet offering the same great flavor as beef crackslaw gives you. The following crackslaw with chicken recipe is really tasty and perfect for a low carb diet whether you are following Atkins or another low carb diet regime.
The crackslaw with chicken recipe itself is very similar to the beef version because chicken is versatile enough to be a perfect beef substitute but of course you can apply your own tweaks should you wish. Chicken is lower in calories than beef. If you’re low carbing then you probably aren’t counting your calories, just your carbs, but calories do matter so you might want to try this if your low carb diet isn’t working properly and you’re wondering whether you’re still having more calories than your body can burn. Try this crackslaw with chicken dish for size.
Chicken or Beef: Either is Fine
Swapping beef for chicken affects the total calories but it does not affect the net carbs, so you can use whichever you prefer, or if there is something on sale at the grocery store just use whatever they have, even turkey or lamb or perhaps a mixed ground meat package but take a peek at the label. Here in Holland they often sneak sugar and chemicals into their ground meat (seriously!) – better safe than sorry when making crackslaw with chicken or beef.
Although a lot of low carbers believe counting calories during a low carb diet is not important, eating too many can stall you, so if your weight isn’t going down you might like to keep track of calories too, to find out if you’re eating more than you thought.
Eating a low carb diet means you can actually eat more calories than you otherwise would on a low calorie or low fat diet because when low carbing your body requires more calories to function, but still, don’t go overboard on them.
- 1 lb (450g) ground chicken
- Pinch of ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- ¼ teaspoon artificial sweetener or sugar
- ½ teaspoon hot sauce
- 14 oz (400g) shredded white cabbage
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Brown the chicken in a skillet and season it with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Remove the chicken from the skillet and set it to one side.
- Heat the sesame oil in the same skillet, and sauté the onions with the garlic and cabbage until the cabbage is cooked to al dente or however you like it.
- Stir in the vinegar, soy sauce, sugar or sweetener, hot sauce and ginger.
- Add the cooked chicken back in and mix well to combine.
- Taste the mixture add add more vinegar, hot sauce, soy sauce, sugar or anything else needed.
- Offer hot sauce at the table for people who want to add more.
Some More Hot Content For You
- How to Griddle Steak Like a ProSteak is one of the most popular cuts of meat but unfortunately a lot of people are rather clueless about how to transform a raw steak into something flavorful, tender and perfectly cooked. Perhaps it is your first time cooking steak or maybe you are keen to find out some griddle tips, because this ridged pan is so handy in the kitchen. Either way, read on for my foolproof recipe and learn how to griddle steak like a pro every time you make it. Barbecuing is one of the best ways to cook this cut of meat, because you can’t beat the lovely smoky flavor, but what happens if you can’t barbecue and you don’t want to pan-fry? The .....
- Wonderful WontonsIf you are looking for an easy wonton recipe to impress your family, you are sure to find some very tempting wonton recipes right here. Everyone loves wonderful wontons and they are so easy to prepare. Maybe you are keen to try out meat wontons, fish wontons, dessert wontons, fried wontons, baked wontons or one of the best wonton soup recipes. There are so many wonderful wontons you can try! There are various ways to wrap wontons and ways to cook wontons so whether you fancy a crunchy filled wonton or a soft dumpling-like one, we have the best wonton recipes for you. It is easy to be spoilt for choice because all of these easy wonton recipes .....
- How to Make Satay Sauce in 2 Minutes Using 3 IngredientsYou only need 3 ingredients to make the best satay sauce recipe. It is so easy! Learn how to make satay sauce and you will want to make this often. Satay sauce can be served with chicken or beef kabobs or fries, or you can serve this easy peanut sauce recipe as a dip for pretty much anything. If you’re making some kind of fried rice dish like egg fried rice or nasi goreng, microwave this for 45 seconds or until hot then let it cool for a minute (so it thickens back up) and it will be an amazing accompaniment. How to Make It Like a Pro When you know how to make satay sauce, you will want to perfect this skill. The key to making it is to .....
- How to Wrap WontonsWonton wrappers come in different shapes and sizes but 3 inch square ones are possibly the most common variety. The following video shows you how to fold a wonton (or how to wrap wontons) for perfect results. You can then poach or deep-fry your wontons. How to Wrap Wontons in Different Ways Choose from triangles, flower buds or nurse caps – your wontons will look really professional and hold together perfectly in the broth or oil as they cook. If you are baking or steaming them, you have more options because you can arrange them on top of lettuce or cabbage leaves in your steamer and expect them to stay upright. The same applies if you are .....
- Easy Soba SaladI love all kinds of noodles but soba noodles are my favorite. The word ‘soba’ means ‘buckwheat’ in Japanese and it also refers to thin, buckwheat noodles. In Japan the word refers to any thin noodles. These can be served hot or cold, with a dipping sauce or in soup or you could make an easy soba salad. Buckwheat can be harvested 4 times a year because it takes 3 months to reach maturity and be ready for harvesting. Soba noodles are sold at railway stations in Japan, and they also feature on the menus in high-end restaurants, making them a versatile component in a variety of dishes, not just easy soba salad recipes. .....
- Understanding Yeast Infection SymptomsYeast is present throughout your body at all times, and only becomes an issue when it begins to rapidly grow and you start to notice yeast infection symptoms. This fungus is something that everyone should be aware of, and understand the symptoms behind the infection. Once you understand the different symptoms, you can discover the solutions to this uncomfortable problem. Discovering the Different Forms You may be surprised to discover that vaginal yeast infections do vary and that there may only be a few similarities. This can make identifying yeast infection symptoms a little trickier. Each form of infection will need to be treated in a .....
- White Food Recipes for After Teeth WhiteningHaving your teeth professionally whitened is the best way to get that gorgeous pearly shade without breaking the bank on veneers or another expensive treatment. The process itself is usually painless although your teeth might be a little sensitive afterwards. You will need white food recipes for after teeth whitening for a couple of days. Even though it’s possible to fashion a menu from the list of ‘allowed’ white foods it’s helpful to have some fresh ideas to keep things interesting! Read on to learn what you can eat after teeth whitening, what you must avoid after teeth whitening, and some more teeth whitening .....
- Thirst Quenching Watermelon SmoothieSmoothie recipes are always good. Whether you make one as a speedy breakfast, as a drink/snack or anytime you are thirsty but want something thick and satisfying, a smoothie recipe always comes to the rescue and there are certainly plenty to choose from. I love this watermelon smoothie recipe among others. You can blend fruit with yogurt to make a watermelon smoothie recipe, or use cream, milk or fruit juice. You can also add ice cubes to the blender (not all blenders, but the good ones!) and make your smoothie refreshingly icy cold. Watermelon Smoothie Recipe: Just 3 Simple Ingredients This watermelon smoothie recipe features watermelon, .....
- Cilantro Shrimp Wonton SoupSome people make wonton soup by dropping their filled wontons into their prepared stock and letting them simmer in there but others prefer to cook the wontons in water and then add them to the soup, so as not to make the soup cloudy. Since you are the cook and the one who is going to be eating the dish, it is totally up to you. You can prepare your cilantro shrimp wonton soup however you prefer. The first few times I made cilantro shrimp wonton soup I put the wontons directly in the soup mixture and let them cook in there, but then I experimented with cooking them in water and then lifting them into warmed serving bowls using a slotted spoon .....
- Lasagna with Ricotta and Italian SausageThis delicious lasagna with ricotta and Italian sausage is a snap to make and it freezes well too if you wrap individual portions in plastic wrap and then aluminum foil. Simply unwrap and reheat any time you want to enjoy this ricotta lasagna again. If you want to use ground beef rather than the Italian sausage, go ahead. Tasty Lasagna with Ricotta and Italian Sausage Additions Some people like to add some sage to the sausage or use sweet sausage instead of the hot kind and add some red chili flakes. You know which you like best, so go ahead and choose your favorite kind when preparing this lasagna with ricotta and Italian sausage. If you .....