Lamb Crackslaw with Hoisin Sauce
This recipes uses leftover lamb, but you could use any leftover meat to make it. Just chop it into small pieces and then you can add it to the recipe. The vegetables add flavor and color to the dish, and you can feel free to use your favorites. I love lamb crackslaw because it’s tasty and oh so filling.
If you want to swap the carrot for broccoli, for example, go ahead. This could be served with a starch on the side, but I usually just have it as it is, because it is satisfying enough like that. In fact it is really filling.
This recipe is really appealing and even if you are not following a low carb diet you will love it.
Hoisin sauce does contain sugar, so avoid this dish during induction, or use a sugar-free, low-carb Chinese cooking sauce instead.
Hoisin sauce offers a sweet, smoky flavor which you will love. I do, anyway. There’s nothing quite like hoisin (especially if you’re having duck wraps and looking for a great plum sauce alternative!)
You might not have combined it with lamb before, but perhaps you have had it with chicken, beef or another protein.
It goes really well with lamb, despite the fact both lamb and hoisin sauce offer strong flavors.
Hoisin is bold-tasting in this lamb crackslaw dish so you only need a little bit to offer plenty of flavor to the whole dish. A bottle will last for a long time. Try to use a good quality one.
You can get hoisin sauce from the supermarket or, if not, from any Asian food store. If this is a new ingredient to you, taste some before you use it in the recipe. You will definitely love its amazing taste and agree that it goes beautifully with the lamb.
Lamb Crackslaw is So Tasty
You can see how colorful and appetizing the dish is just by looking at the picture, and there is no doubt of the fantastic flavor involved.
Because the meat is cooked, that can just go in at the end of making this lamb crackslaw. It only needs to warm through.
The vegetables will not take long to cook because they are shredded or finely chopped. Make sure the pan is nice and hot, and keep the veggies moving.
That is how to cook them quick in stir-fry type dishes like this one. If you do want to make any changes to the recipe, spice it up.
- ½ lb (225g) leftover cooked lamb, cut into pieces
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 5 sliced button mushrooms
- ½ chopped red onion
- 7 oz (200g) shredded cabbage
- 7 oz (200g) matchstick-cut carrot
- ½ red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 inch (2.5cm) chopped zucchini
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Hot sauce, to taste
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Heat the sesame oil and cook the mushrooms, red onions, cabbage, carrot, bell pepper and zucchini until they are as tender as you like.
- Stir in everything else except the lamb.
- Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the lamb and stir well to combine.
- Cook until the lamb is heated through.
- Taste the crackslaw once more and season again if need be.
Some More Hot Content For You
- Brilliant Bruschetta RecipeA bruschetta recipe is one of the best Italian appetizers. It is made by rubbing garlic over grilled bread, then adding olive oil, tomatoes, salt and pepper. Some types of bruschetta recipe might also include cured meat, cheese, tomatoes, beans, or vegetables. The best-known bruschetta recipe outside Italy features fresh tomato, garlic and onion, fresh basil, and mozzarella. So Many Bruschetta Recipe Options A great bruschetta recipe is found on Italian restaurant menus all over the world, and there are hundreds of different ways to make it, which is why restaurant bruschetta ranges from bland to wonderful, depending who is making it. Make .....
- Starter Recipes Around the GlobeInternational dishes have taken off recently in a big way. It is not unusual at all these days to see international starter recipes on a restaurant menu or to be given them at a dinner party. This obviously applies to main courses and desserts as well as starter recipes. Chicken sate, prawn toast, Asian soup recipes, Greek dips, Spanish tapas and more are popular as well as common these days and many people even prefer international starter recipes over traditional British ones. There are more ingredients available in modern supermarkets than ever before and you can use these ingredients to make exotic recipes and fusion-style snacks. .....
- Bathroom Accessories to Jazz Up Your BathroomBathroom accessories can make a huge difference to the look and feel of your bathroom, and can be surprisingly cheap. Once the essential pieces are in place in there, you can begin the enjoyable task of accessorizing. With a small budget and a boundless imagination, you will be amazed how straightforward it is to liven up your bathroom. Choosing the Right Bathroom Accessories for Your Style There is a huge array of different cheap accessories available; however, you need to ensure that you choose the right ones for your style so you are completely happy with them. Bathrooms are an essential room in every home so you need to get the look and .....
- Easy Cobb Salad RecipeCobb salad is one of my favorite salad recipes, well that and Caesar salad. It is not the quickest salad to make because there is cooking and chopping involved, but the recipe is well worth making because it is so good! I love this easy Cobb salad recipe and make it a lot. Cobb salad is also a low-carb salad recipe. The distinctive look of Cobb salad is really appetizing because the ingredients are arranged in rows. Traditionally, a red wine vinegar dressing is served with Cobb salad, but I like to offer a creamy dressing on the side too, in case anyone wants some of that instead. It is easy to remember the ingredients in this easy Cobb .....
- Low Carb Mini Quiches RecipeWhether you serve these low carb mini quiches for breakfast, lunch, dinner or just as a snack, there is no doubt these mini quiches will satisfy your hunger. Eggs are a basic staple on low carb diets because they offer plenty of nutrients, they are filling and tasty, and there are so many recipes you can make with this versatile, budget ingredient. Eggs are great for vegetarians and pescetarians, as well as carnivores. Low Carb Mini Quiches: An Easy Freezy Idea! One great thing about this low carb mini quiches recipe is you can freeze the quiches, then just pop one in the microwave for half a minute. Make a big batch at once and you will .....
- Traditional Greek Salad RecipeGreek salad is one of the most popular kinds, which is why most people have a good idea of what goes in there. Our traditional Greek salad recipe is simple to put together and you will recognize all the wonderful Mediterranean flavors in there. Feta cheese, olives, cucumber and tomatoes usually feature in this salad, but how do you make Greek dressing to finish it off in style, so you can close your eyes and imagine you are sitting by the ocean on a Greek beach? Read on and discover how to make our tasty and traditional Greek salad. This traditional Greek salad recipe is very simple and suitable for even novice home cooks. Sometimes I like .....
- Chinese Chicken SaladChinese chicken salad is a tasty, nutritious option and it makes a wonderful lunch. Perhaps you usually have ranch dressing, blue cheese dressing or Italian dressing over mixed leaves and you are getting tired of it. Or it could be you are simply looking for new lunch inspiration. Whichever is the case, this Chinese chicken salad is very simple to prepare and the flavors work wonderfully together. What is Chinese Chicken Salad? You can use a julienne peeler to cut the vegetables into matchstick shapes, or if you don’t have one cut them by hand. We are using romaine and baby leaves in this dish too, along with grilled chicken, edamame .....
- What to Eat with Type 2 DiabetesType 2 diabetes is the most common form of diabetes affecting around 90 – 95 % of the 26 million children and adults with the condition in United States. Hardly surprisingly, controlling the diet is a very important part of looking after yourself. This is why knowing what to eat with Type 2 diabetes is so important. Also known as non-insulin dependent diabetes, it is a chronic condition where the individuals have problems regulating the blood sugar in their body. Those who have high blood sugar are either unable to produce enough insulin or are not responsive to insulin. In recent years the incidence of diabetes has increased, perhaps partly .....
- How to Wrap WontonsWonton wrappers come in different shapes and sizes but 3 inch square ones are possibly the most common variety. The following video shows you how to fold a wonton (or how to wrap wontons) for perfect results. You can then poach or deep-fry your wontons. How to Wrap Wontons in Different Ways Choose from triangles, flower buds or nurse caps – your wontons will look really professional and hold together perfectly in the broth or oil as they cook. If you are baking or steaming them, you have more options because you can arrange them on top of lettuce or cabbage leaves in your steamer and expect them to stay upright. The same applies if you are .....
- Summer Fruits Ice TeaThis lovely summer fruits ice tea combines tea, honey and fruit with mint leaves. The result is refreshing and delicious. If you wish to make an alcoholic version, add a splash of Cointreau, Limoncello, Chambord or fruit brandy to the drink. If you are doing this and there are kids around, don’t forget to mark the pitcher so you know it’s for the grownup only. This tasty drink is tasty, refreshing and free from additives. A lot of commercial teas contain lots of added sugar, as well as artificial colors and flavorings, and those are all things we could happily do without. Feel free to tinker with the following recipe. Try adding .....