Low Carb Crab Crackslaw for Seafood Lovers
Cut the carbs in your diet by using seafood and low carb ingredients to make a tasty meal. This crab crackslaw recipe features crab instead of the beef used in the original recipe.
This is a rich, spicy recipe so the crab flavor is not so strong but that is what we are aiming for here, a dish with a hint of seafood flavor. And lots of typical crackslaw flavor.
Crab is recommended if you are low-carbing but if you want to replace the crab with crabsticks or imitation crab watch out, because those do contain carbs and sometimes sugars which you obviously want to avoid when making low carb crab crackslaw.
Canned crab is an economical alternative to fresh crab, so perhaps that would be the best choice, since the spicy flavors mask some of the crab flavor anyway.
This crab crackslaw makes a great dinner and you can adjust the spiciness and/or sweetness however you wish, since you are making it yourself. Double up on the amounts and have some for lunch the following day.
Crab crackslaw microwaves well too so just pop it in the microwave for a couple of minutes and you will able to enjoy it 2 days in a row. When microwaving, a good tip is to arrange the food in the shape of a ring (so move it out of the center) and that way it cooks more evenly.
- 7 oz well-drained canned crab, or chopped fresh cooked crabmeat
- Pinch of ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon hot sauce
- 7 oz (200g) shredded white cabbage
- 7 oz (200g) grated carrot
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- ¼ teaspoon artificial sweetener
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Lemon wedges, to serve (optional)
- Heat the sesame oil in a skillet, and sauté the onions with the garlic and cabbage until the cabbage is cooked to al dente or however you want it.
- Drop the carrot on top and saute for a couple minutes.
- Stir in the vinegar, soy sauce, sugar or sweetener, hot sauce and ginger.
- Add the crab and mix well to combine.
- Taste the mixture add add more vinegar, hot sauce, soy sauce, sugar or anything else needed.
- Serve with more hot sauce on the side and perhaps a few lemon wedges.
Some More Hot Content For You
- Mexican Cauli RiceKnowing how to make cauliflower rice is very handy whether you are looking for a low-carb substitute for rice, you are trying to cut down your calories, or you simply want to use up a cauliflower or sneak some added nutrients into your meal. Try this Mexican cauli rice dish for yourself and you’ll be amazed how good it is. This Mexican cauliflower rice recipe is simple to prepare, and it is something you can tweak to your heart’s content. The first thing you need to do of course is transform your raw cauliflower into rice-sized pieces, and the easiest way to do this is to put it in the food processor with a blade attachment and .....
- Cream of Spinach SoupThis cream of spinach soup is comparable to a vichyssoise which is a creamy French potato soup but adding spinach gives it a different flavor, as well as a distinctive color. This is lovely served with crackers or just with some bread on the side. The flavor is magnificent and this is one of the best things you can do with spinach. An immersion blender is handy when making this cream of spinach soup because you can avoid pureeing it in batches in the blender, but if you don’t have one, that doesn’t matter too much. Use fresh spinach in this cream of spinach soup recipe so you get the lovely fresh flavor. This makes a nice .....
- Spanish Paprika ChickenChicken is a popular ingredient in Mediterranean cuisine, and this Spanish inspired recipe makes the most of chicken thighs, a naturally juicy, flavor-packed part of the bird. Chicken thighs tend to be more economical than chicken breasts, and they also offer more juiciness and a richer flavor, so you have a win-win situation if you choose to buy them and use them in this Spanish paprika chicken recipe. Look out for discounted ones because they freeze beautifully. What to Use in Spanish Paprika Chicken We are adding onion and garlic to our Spanish paprika chicken, along with red wine vinegar, tomato paste, mustard, paprika, chicken stock and .....
- Charming Chicken PotstickersThese chicken potstickers are so good. One is never enough. Ten is too many. Well maybe. They’re just so tasty you’ll want to keep popping them into your mouthy! Potstickers are an Asian delight, and these little snacks are usually filled with meat and vegetables, along with Chinese seasonings. Pork is often used, but here we are using chicken instead. This chicken potstickers recipe is very simple to make and the potstickers make fantastic appetizers, whether you want to serve hot snacks with drinks, or a first course before your entree at dinner. You can use turkey if you prefer it to chicken. Along with the poultry these .....
- Chicken Wonton Soup with CabbageThis flavorful chicken wonton soup with cabbage also has green onions, sesame oil and more. If you are looking for an alternative to pork wonton soup recipes you might enjoy this one. You can make the filling up to 2 days in advance if you like. This flavorful chicken wonton soup recipe makes a healthy dinner or a warming lunch and you can even enjoy it as a snack in the middle of the morning of afternoon, whenever you aren’t ready for a meal but you want something more substantial than just a cup of coffee, which is not going to fill you up too much but still warm your belly and put a smile on your face. Chicken wonton soup recipes .....
- Potato Wrapped Fish FiletsThis potato wrapped fish filets recipe is something which is easy enough for the home cook to master but will give professional results. If you love fish and potatoes, why not combine them to make this delicious recipe? Whether you are used to tasty stuffed squid recipes and other seafood dishes, or not, you will love this. The potatoes need to be thin enough to wrap around the fish, although you can choose any type of potatoes and any type of fish. Perhaps you love the big flakes cod offers, the economical price of basa fish or tilapia, or the distinctive flavor of salmon. Whichever makes your mouth water would be an ideal candidate for .....
- Cream Cheese Wontons with CrabCrab and cream cheese are combined in this easy wonton recipe for a spectacular result. You will need softened cream cheese for these cream cheese wontons with crab so either leave the cream cheese at room temperature for a while or microwave it for 20 seconds. Feel free to be creative with the wonton wrapper shape when making your cream cheese wontons with crab. You can make scrunched up wontons, triangles or any other shape you fancy. Just make sure they are well sealed so they hold together when they are being fried. What Kind of Crabmeat to Use Dungeness crabmeat is the best kind to use, but use whatever type of lump crabmeat you can .....
- How to Make a Healthy Vegetarian FrittataEggs are a wonderful and versatile ingredient for vegetarians, and you can use them to make breakfast, lunch or dinner, so it is a good idea always to keep some in the refrigerator. The following recipe teams the eggs with fresh vegetables, garlic, cheese, and basil, and the result is light yet perfectly satisfying. This healthy vegetarian frittata is something you are sure to enjoy. Feel free to change the vegetables, using up whatever you have in the refrigerator. Pretty much anything goes, so you might wish to swap the green onions for red onion, the baby spinach for broccoli, the potatoes for mushrooms, or even the basil for cilantro or .....
- Tasty Ideas for Wonton SoupSo let’s assume you enjoy wonton soup and you have made a couple of different kinds already. What now? How do you play around with wonton soup recipes to come up with your own unique types? How do you come up with ideas for wonton soup if you want to tweak the recipe a little? First of all, you will need to be creative but you also have a lot of leeway when it comes to choosing flavors and ingredients because you can use pretty much any kind of meat, poultry, fish, seafood or vegetables for making wonton soup. The broth itself should be clear but you can add garnishes or flavors to it. Ideas for Wonton Soup: Wonton Broth Tips Wontons .....
- Best Julienne PeelersEveryone needs one of the best julienne peelers in their kitchen drawer in 2017! One of these little gadgets will glide effortlessly over your vegetables to peel them or give you matchstick-thin pieces or little strips. Use these for making coleslaw, for prepping veggies for a salad or for making matching shapes for another use. You can also stir-fry or saute them and they cook very quickly when they are cut so finely. When reading reviews for these the main thing is how well the device in question works, and also how easy it is to use. There are different ones to choose from and whichever one you choose depends how often you plan to use it .....