Crockpot Coffee Braised Beef Roast
Coffee might sound like a strange ingredient to combine with beef, but it does lend this crockpot coffee braised beef dish a very rich and tasty flavor which complements the meaty beef taste. This recipe can be made in the crockpot and you don’t need many ingredients for it.
To make this crockpot coffee braised beef you will need a boneless beef chuck roast weighing about 3 pounds, or slightly over, along with coffee and garlic. Throw in some water, cornstarch, salt and pepper, and those are the only ingredients you need.
Just add your crockpot coffee braised beef ingredients to the crockpot then you can use the cooking liquid to make a tasty gravy which goes over it. I love this with mashed potatoes and vegetables, perhaps carrots and parsnips, or something green like green beans or broccoli (if I were a fan of peas I might choose those). It would also be nice with roasted potatoes.
This recipe serves 12 so if you have leftovers you could use them to make tasty sandwiches. You will need a 4-quart slow cooker to make this coffee roast beef recipe. Just pop the lid on and count on about 8 to 10 hours for a tender result. If you’re in a rush try 4 to 5 hours on high.
How to Tell When Crockpot Coffee Braised Beef is Done?
You will be able to tell when it’s ready because the meat will be very tender, but try not to lift the lid until the end of the cooking time because then you let all the heat out of the crockpot and it takes quite a while to build it up again. Giving it an extra hour or 2 isn’t going to do the meat any harm, so don’t worry about overcooking it. It just gets more tender in there!
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (3 - 3½ lbs or 1.4 to 1.6 kg)
- 5 minced garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- ¼ cup (60 ml) cold water
- 1½ cups (355 ml) strong brewed coffee
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- ¾ teaspoon black pepper
- Combine the garlic, salt and pepper, and rub it over the beef.
- Put it in a 4-quart crockpot and pour the coffee over it.
- Cover and cook for 8 to 10 hours on low or until tender.
- Put the cooked meat on a serving platter and keep it warm under aluminum foil.
- Skim the fat off the cooking juices and put the rest in a small pan.
- Bring it to a boil.
- Combine the water and cornstarch in a cup.
- Stir the cornstarch mixture gradually into the cooking juices.
- Bring it to a boil then cook, stirring, for 1 or 2 minutes, or until thick.
- Slice and serve the meat with the gravy over it.
Some More Hot Content For You
- Eating Authentic Mexican Food in MexicoI think it’s fair to say Mexican food has to be one of the most misunderstood cuisines of all. People who aren’t familiar with it assume it’s all tortillas, beef and chilies, while those who eat at fast food outlets might believe those dishes are more authentic than they are. Eating authentic Mexican food in Mexico isn’t difficult but there are lots of tourist places you ought to avoid if you want to be eating the real deal. And then you have Tex-Mex, Cali-Mex and all the other hybrids and regional variations, so it’s hardly surprising knowing what is authentic Mexican food and what is not can be confusing! .....
- Sticky Spare Ribs with Chinese Leaves and Noodles RecipeThis tasty oriental recipe will get your dinner off to a good start. Serve these sticky spare ribs with Chinese leaves and noodles and everyone is sure to enjoy the exotic Eastern flavor. Don’t worry if you haven’t cooked ribs before – they just need to roast. These ribs are sticky so if you make this starter recipe, you might want to give out finger bowls or wet flannels. In fact, you really should. How to Cook Spare Ribs Spare ribs should be crispy on the outside but juicy on the inside. There is nothing worse than overcooked meat and ‘well done’ simply does not apply to spare ribs. When they are cooked .....
- Mac Makeup BrushesMac makeup brushes are used by professionals all over the world and if you want to buy discount Mac makeup brushes that is completely possible. This brand is really famous and offers high quality. Brush Choices Mac makeup brushes review websites will provide you with all of the information you need to determine which brushes you want to purchase. There are several different brushes to choose, which will ensure that you can apply your makeup with ease. All of the makeup brushes are made from top quality materials, ensuring that you are buying only the best......
- Crispy Chicken on Kale SaladSometimes the best salads are those which team contrasting ingredients. Take this one, for example. The crispy warm chicken contrasts with the cool kale salad perfectly. I often used mixed salad leaves instead of kale, but my husband loves kale so I use that whenever I can. This crispy chicken on kale salad is so good! The Perfect Contrast The chicken is coated in a tasty panko and parmesan mixture and baked in the oven until it is golden brown and crispy, then you can slice it and serve it on top of the tangy honey-mustard dressed salad. This crispy chicken on kale salad sounds good but tastes even better. This is filling, nutritious and .....
- Mending a Broken HeartWe have all felt heartbroken at times and sometimes nothing seems to be able to shake off that horrible, empty feeling. Knowing how to mend a broken heart means you can move on with your life. If your partner has left you or something else bad has happened there are various ways to help you get over it and the saying ‘time heals’ actually does apply, even if you are not feeling especially optimistic about anything at the moment. You cannot force yourself to feel better but some tips on getting over the pain include the following: Spend time with family or friends. Having people you care about around you while you are going through a .....
- How to Make Mapo TofuMapo tofu, which is sometimes written mapo doufu, is a delicious Chinese recipe from the Sichuan province in China. It is comprised of tofu in a reddish, spicy bean and chili based sauce. The tofu is usually cooked with ground meat, either beef or pork, along with fermented beans. There are variations of course, and everyone has their own way of making it. Discover how to make mapo tofu and you will fall in love with this dish! Why is Mapo Tofu Called That? So how did mapo tofu get its name? Well the ‘ma’ refers to ‘mazi’ which is pockmarks, and the ‘pa’ refers to ‘popo’ meaning old woman or .....
- Low Carb Tortilla PizzaThis low carb tortilla pizza is incredibly good and it takes about 10 minutes to make and the same again to cook. Whether or not you have made pizza before, you will find this low carb tortilla pizza incredibly simple, and the sky is the limit as far as toppings are concerned. Use a low-carb tortilla to make your pizza. I recommend the Mama Lupe ones because they’re so good and only 3 carbs (and 60 calories) each. And they are the closest in flavor to regular tortillas. I also tried the La Tortilla brand for my low carb tortilla pizza because those are only 50 calories each but… nope not as good as the Mama Lupe ones. This low .....
- Classic Prawn CocktailThis classic prawn cocktail recipe combines succulent Atlantic prawns with a homemade Marie Rose sauce and more. Shell-on prawns are the best variety to use for both texture and flavor. Classic Prawn Cocktail: Tips for the Prawns You can make a nice risotto stock from the shells after peeling them too. Most Atlantic prawns are sold cooked and frozen and the best way to defrost them is to leave the in the fridge for several hours. Don’t defrost them in water because they will lose some of their flavour. When you peel them, you should split them almost in half through their backs and remove the bitter dark vein running through them. This .....
- How to Make Caramelized CarrotsLearn how to make caramelized carrots because this winning side dish goes with everything. This very easy recipe makes a lovely side dish. Carrots offer a natural sweetness but adding butter and a little sugar to the carrots gives them a wonderful crunchy glaze. Pair these with meat or poultry, adding some mashed potatoes too, for a great dish. I like to peel and chop mine into fat matchsticks but it’s up to you whether or not to peel, and also whether to cut them into slices, chunks or strips. The thinner they are cut the less time they will take to cook. How to Make Caramelized Carrots: Honey or Sugar I have made this recipe before .....
- Braised Lamb Shanks in Red Wine SauceI fell in love with lamb shanks the first time I ever tried them. They are so tasty, so juicy and the flavor is amazing. Lamb shanks are best slow cooked and, although you can do them in the oven, a crockpot or Dutch oven will be your very best friend in the kitchen if you want really great results from this braised lamb shanks in red wine sauce recipe. One lamb shank per person is enough, and they go really well with mashed potatoes and vegetables (maybe red cabbage, asparagus or carrots) along with your choice of sauce. I like to make lamb shanks in the crockpot and then either spoon the sauce directly over the meat, or else reduce it in a .....