Very Low Carb Bread Recipe
There is low carb bread and there is this very low carb bread recipe. If you’ve been doing Atkins or low carbing for a while, you will have tried some of the more ‘eggy’ or ‘dense’ breads and while they are passable (just!) they aren’t exactly a good bread substitute.
Some low carbers will forgo the bread entirely, choosing to wrap their burger or sandwich in a large lettuce leaf instead and while there is nothing wrong with that, sometimes it’s nice to have something a bit chewier and more bready, even if it isn’t going to be that high-carb processed stuff you used to eat before.
There are various names for the very low carb bread recipe I am talking about – revolution rolls, cloud bread, oopsie bread, each having a slightly different recipe and preparation technique.
Here I am sharing what I found works best of all, and that’s a bread which is easy to make, uses clean ingredients (ie, not processed) and is low in carbs but offers a nice taste and chewy bread-ish texture.
How Do You Eat It?
You can use this low carb bread recipe however you would bread – for burgers or sandwiches, as a chewy snack alongside your meat, poultry, seafood or salad, as something to fill with a sweet or savory filling, or just as an appetizer with extra-virgin oil to dip it it or salted butter to spread over it.
Remember, you need to make this the day before then keep it overnight to develop it’s breadish chewiness!
This recipe is based on eggs but don’t worry. Cloud bread, oopsie bread, revolution rolls… whatever you call this, it’s NOT like eating an omelet wrapped around a filling.
I’ve tried a number of these low carb bread recipes and some are worse than an omelet wrapped around a filling.
I haven’t experimented with the cauliflower-based ones much although I do plan to.
Cauliflower can be used to make an awesome pizza crust (although flax pizza crust is 10x quicker and way easier).
Different Strokes for Different Folks
There are plenty of very low carb bread recipes if you take a look online, although what one person likes another might find too light, too heavy, too eggy, too chewy and so on.
So what I’m saying is you’ll want to try a few before you settle on your favorite! Perhaps it’s this one.
If you can’t settle on a very low carb bread recipe at all you will need to go without bread or, when you’re near or at your target weight, just a slice or two of the whole wheat kind. Each to their own. If bread is going to drive you back to carby eating, maybe just get rid of the habit now?
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons softened full-fat cream cheese
- ½ packet artificial sweetener (Sweet 'n Low, Splenda etc)
- ⅛ teaspoon cream of tartar
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C).
- Separate the eggs.
- Add the cream cheese and sweetener to the yolks.
- Whip the egg whites with the cream of tartar until you get very stiff peaks.
- Fold the egg yolk mixture into the egg white mixture using a spatula, taking care not to break the mixture down too much.
- Now spoon the mixture on to a greased cookie sheet, making 8 or 9 circles, each of which is 4 inches wide by ¾-inch high (10cm wide by 2cm high).
- Bake for half an hour or until lightly browned.
- Let them cool on a rack then transfer to a Ziploc bag or covered container and refrigerate for 24 hours or until crumbly and more bread-like.
Some More Hot Content For You
- Round Bath TubsRound bath tubs have always been seen as luxurious, and only for large homes or hotel rooms. In fact, a lot of people have never even climbed into such a bath. However, this style is becoming more popular than ever before and is now considered a standard tub to own. You can buy round bath tubs in many places that sell regular rectangular type ones, so it is just down to personal preference and of course the amount of space you happen to have in your bathroom. It goes without saying that a round one is not going to fit in a square corner. Some More Hot Content For You Decadent Chocolate Walnut Cake Bling Bling iPad Cases IHOP Pancakes Copycat .....
- Five Reasons to Make Your Own Easy Wonton RecipeWontons are both economical and easy to make yourself. You can of course buy readymade wontons or wonton soup, or you can buy it from a Chinese restaurant, but when you do you are cheating yourself. Nothing is as yummy as your homemade wontons. Everyone can rustle up an easy wonton recipe, regardless of cooking ability and experience or lack thereof. The top five reasons to make your own easy wonton recipe, using a time-honored wonton recipe are as follows: 1) Wonton recipes are easy, there is no doubt about it. If you use a single ingredient (applesauce or cream cheese, for example) for the filling, plus readymade wonton wrappers, you will .....
- Reliable Printers Under $100Look at these cheap and reliable printers under $100. All of them are under $100 and some under $50. A low-cost one is a great investment and you can get discounted top brands which will last for a long time. Hewlett-Packard, Epson, Canon and Brother are just some of the names to look out for. The most obvious reason to make an economical choice is that you will save money. Another good reason is that you can get just as good a one for $100 as you can for $200. Some are even cheaper than that. What Do You Need If you want an all-singing, all-dancing machine which will print photograph-quality shots, receive WiFi instructions so you can print .....
- Fried Brie with Hot Cranberry Sauce RecipeFried Brie with hot cranberry sauce is a traditional starter and with this recipe, you can make it from start to finish in just a few minutes. Brie is a versatile cheese and is just as good served cold in a sandwich as served fried like this. Personally I’m not keen on cold Brie but I can’t get enough of this fried Brie with hot cranberry sauce! What is Brie Cheese? Brie is a soft cow’s milk cheese which is widely available. It’s named after Brie, the French region where it originates from. Perhaps you have only had it cold, sliced, perhaps with French bread and grapes, but it is really good in this fried Brie with .....
- Chicken Thighs with Apricot and CuminThis easy chicken recipe is suitable for any occasion. Chicken thighs are used here, because they are more moist and succulent, not to mention more flavorful, than chicken breast, which can dry out more easily. Chicken thighs with apricot and cumin make a delicious dinner for the whole family. Why not try this recipe tonight? As well as the chicken, you will be adding garlic and onion for a nice base flavor, as well as cumin and coriander for taste, carrot and fennel for crunch and color, and of course chopped apricots for a lovely, fruity flavor. Look at the recipe and you will see how simple this is to make, so if you were looking for an .....
- Easy Potato and Cherry Tomato FrittataThis healthy, colorful recipe is rich in vitamins and minerals, and it makes a delicious meal, whether you have it for breakfast or brunch, lunch or dinner. A frittata is an Italian egg-based dish, a bit like a crustless quiche or omelet. I love this potato and cherry tomato frittata because of the combination of flavors and textures. Frittata comes from ‘friggere’ – the Italian word for ‘fried’ – and such a dish can include cheese, vegetables, pasta, eggs, or anything else you like. This term used to refer to eggs cooked in a skillet, whether you are making an omelet, fried egg or even tortilla de patatas .....
- How to Make an English BreakfastAn English breakfast, often known as a full breakfast in England, is a breakfast meal which usually includes back bacon, fried, scrambled or poached eggs, sausages, and sometimes tomatoes, mushrooms, hash browns (yes they’re American not English, but popular these days!), black pudding, baked beans, toast or fried bread, and tea or coffee. Want to know how to make an English breakfast yourself? Read on for some tips. Bubble and squeak (mashed potatoes and cooked vegetables mashed together and fried) sometimes feature, while in the North you might get fried or broiled oatcakes instead of fried bread or toast. How to Make an English .....
- Colourful Tuscan Bread SaladThis Tuscan bread salad is a wonderful summer starter recipe because there is no cooking involved. It is best to make this colourful Tuscan bread starter using Italian bread but you can use another type if you have some to use up. Sourdough bread, pita bread and wholemeal bread all work well. Tuscan Bread Salad: Preparing the Bread Tear the bread up to make big chunks or shred it like breadcrumbs, whichever you prefer. You can get creative with this easy salad recipe and add your own touches to it. This is a bread salad not a crouton salad so you don’t need to fry or toast the bread. This vegetarian starter recipe is called .....
- Amethyst Engagement Rings | 10 of the Most BeautifulAmethyst is a beautiful stone and a great choice for an engagement ring. I’ve found 10 stunning amethyst engagement rings which you are free to drool over! Not everyone wants a classic diamond solitaire. Some women prefer something more unique, which resonates with their personality more than a classic diamond. If you find amethyst magical, mystical or just beautiful consider amethyst engagement ring ideas and see which style resonates with what you personally love. Amethyst is usually a purple color but you can also get a green variety which is even more unusual. You can pair amethyst with white, yellow or rose gold, or even silver or .....
- Tasty Chinese SeasoningsLearning how to season your Chinese recipes is essential if you want them to be successful. Chinese seasonings can liven up plain dishes. The seasonings used in Chinese recipes create the special flavors which differentiate the regional styles. Sesame oil, oyster sauce, chicken broth and soy sauce are the most commonly used seasonings in Chinese cuisine. These Chinese seasonings can be added before, during or after cooking, depending on the recipe. If you are serving a dish with rice, the seasoning should be heavier than if you were serving it alone. Savory dipping sauces are often served with Chinese recipes, and the most popular Chinese .....