Chili with Baked Potato
Chili is always good, especially when served on a baked potato with some grated cheese on top, and perhaps also some sour cream or guacamole if you like it. Try chili with baked potato for lunch and see how satisfying this dish is.
Chili is versatile enough to be tweaked a lot, so not only can you choose how spicy you want it but you can also choose the ingredients which go in there, such as kidney beans or another kind of bean, garlic, even some grated Mexican chocolate or cocoa powder if you wish.
This recipe shows you how to make a simple chili con carne recipe using ingredients guaranteed to come together seamlessly and offer an abundance of flavor. Feel free to make your own tweaks.
A vegetarian might prefer to use Quorn or TVP rather than the meat, while someone who isn’t keen on beans might prefer to leave them out and perhaps add some chopped red bell pepper to the chili mixture instead. The choices is yours.
The Timeless Appeal of Chili with Baked Potato
Nobody ever gets bored of chili with baked potato. Just imagine you eat it once a week. How many weeks will pass before you get tired of this dish? The answer is never, and not only because chili offers such a fabulous flavor but also because there are endless variations to try.
The following chili with baked potato recipe is a simple chili recipe so you can add anything else you want, including other veggies (consider bell peppers, mushrooms, zucchini, carrot or corn kernels) or other spices (a pinch of cayenne perhaps, or some paprika), and you can even try swapping the beef for lamb or even ground chicken for a different result.
If you usually serve grated cheese on your chili, swap it for some sour cream, or swap your usual rice for a baked potato or even some cornbread. Regardless how many times you make the best chili recipe you will never, ever get bored of this wonderful dish!
The following chili with baked potato recipe is the way I usually make my chili, and I always cook it in the crockpot, partly because our stove is too hot and even the lowest setting is a ferocious boil, and second because slow cooking brings all the flavors together and makes the finished chili just wonderful. I like to add a pinch of cocoa powder.
- 1 pound (1/2 kilo) ground beef
- 14 oz (400g) can tomatoes in juice
- 14 oz (400g) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup beef bouillon, tomato juice or tomato pulp (passata)
- 1 chopped yellow onion
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- Chili powder, salt and black pepper, to taste
- 4 baked potatoes or 4 portions cooked rice, to serve
- Grated cheese and/or sour cream, to serve (optional)
- Put the beef in a big pan and cook it until browned, breaking it up with a wooden spoon.
- Drain off the fat.
- Transfer the beef to your crockpot and stir in the remaining ingredients apart from the potatoes or rice, cheese and sour cream.
- Cook on low for 10 hours or on high for 5 hours.
- If you don't have a crockpot you can cook the chili on the stove for a couple hours, but stir it often and make sure it doesn't dry out.
- Serve over baked potatoes or hot cooked rice.
- Add grated cheese and/or sour cream to serve.
Some More Hot Content For You
- Vegan Quinoa Salad with Garlic Lime DressingAlthough nobody ever gets tired of pasta salad or rice salad recipes, there is something so special about a vegan quinoa salad, perhaps because of its unusual texture or because it is something different to what you usually have. This salad is especially good because the quinoa is combined with a variety of tasty veggies as well as seasonings. The following vegan quinoa salad recipe shows you how to make an easy quinoa salad using this delicious grain. Quinoa (pronounced keen-wah) is easy to cook and work with and combines well with various flavors. If you are new to using this grain, then you will enjoy the following recipe and once you .....
- How to Make an English BreakfastAn English breakfast, often known as a full breakfast in England, is a breakfast meal which usually includes back bacon, fried, scrambled or poached eggs, sausages, and sometimes tomatoes, mushrooms, hash browns (yes they’re American not English, but popular these days!), black pudding, baked beans, toast or fried bread, and tea or coffee. Want to know how to make an English breakfast yourself? Read on for some tips. Bubble and squeak (mashed potatoes and cooked vegetables mashed together and fried) sometimes feature, while in the North you might get fried or broiled oatcakes instead of fried bread or toast. How to Make an English .....
- Easy Eggs BenedictEasy eggs Benedict is one of the most amazing breakfast recipes ever. A toasted English muffin is topped with Canadian bacon, poached egg and finally homemade Hollandaise sauce for a rich, creamy and mouthwatering eat. There are plenty of recipes online for diet versions of this dish but in my opinion nothing beats the real thing, so save this for a special occasion like your Christmas morning breakfast, or make it for someone’s birthday if you are concerned about the fat/calories or whatever. Made this way, you are sure to end up with the most mouthwatering version of the dish – the original version. If you are making this for vegetarians, .....
- Best Halloween Costumes EverIdeas for Witty Halloween Costumes Funny Halloween costumes may seem a strange choice but they can often make the biggest impact at the party. Not everyone wants to be a regular zombie or ghost, so maybe you are looking out for the best Halloween costumes to wow everyone on this special night. Therefore, choosing a costume which is amusing will ensure that you represent your personality, and dress up as something different this year. Not only will you get a laugh for your clever costume, but also for turning up as something totally unexpected at the Halloween event you are going to. Thinking out of the Box and Appealing to Everyone You have .....
- Simple Chicken Enchilada RecipeI love Mexican and Tex-Mex food and enchiladas are right up there with my absolute favorites, so when I first made this simple chicken enchilada recipe, I was hoping for a good result, and I got it! The resulting enchiladas were really good, and the flavors were amazing. I hope you like them as much as we all did. Enchiladas are made by rolling corn tortillas around your chosen filling and then adding a spicy sauce and usually cheese on top. You can fiddle about with this recipe as much as you want because it would be hard to mess it up. Just add your favorite ingredients to the filling and top with your favorite toppings, using as many or .....
- Colourful Tuscan Bread SaladThis Tuscan bread salad is a wonderful summer starter recipe because there is no cooking involved. It is best to make this colourful Tuscan bread starter using Italian bread but you can use another type if you have some to use up. Sourdough bread, pita bread and wholemeal bread all work well. Tuscan Bread Salad: Preparing the Bread Tear the bread up to make big chunks or shred it like breadcrumbs, whichever you prefer. You can get creative with this easy salad recipe and add your own touches to it. This is a bread salad not a crouton salad so you don’t need to fry or toast the bread. This vegetarian starter recipe is called .....
- Best Buffalo Chicken RecipeBeing an English girl, I wasn’t quite sure what buffalo chicken was when I first heard the term. Of course I knew what a buffalo was and what a chicken was but didn’t see how you could combine them. All became clear when I tasted this delicacy Stateside and fell in love with it! Keep reading for the best buffalo chicken recipe I have found. So much so in fact that I have added it to our regular meal rotation because I adore the combination of crispy, spicy chicken, fresh vegetable sticks, creamy dressing and of course don’t forget the blue cheese! This best buffalo chicken recipe, like most of mine, is really easy to make. .....
- 7 Great Cheeseburger TipsSometimes nothing can beat the comfort food appeal of a juicy, freshly cooked hamburger. If you make cheeseburgers at home, you might be interested in learning a few handy cheeseburger tips to ensure your burgers always come out perfectly. One of the most important parts of your cheeseburger is the meat you use for the patty. For the best results, you should choose 80/20 ground meat. That means it is 80% lean and 20% fat. If you use lean, or worse still extra-lean, meat, you will end up with a dry burger, and that is never attractive. Fat isn’t the enemy. Serve your burger with some salad or a vegetable side dish to balance out the .....
- Choosing the Best Refrigerator to BuyA refrigerator is a durable appliance and you should choose something you will be happy with for the long term. It is important to research different refrigerators before picking one for this reason. The best refrigerator to buy depends on various factors. The first thing to think about is how much you can afford to spend, then the style you like and the energy saving requirements you have. A mini refrigerator such as a Fosters Husky mini 50l fridge, or another small one, might be what you need or maybe a large fridge-freezer is better suited to your requirements and one of the best refrigerator to buy to fit your needs. Maybe a camping .....
- Canapes for a PartyCanapes (KAH-nah-pays) for a party, which are also known as hors d’oevres, are little snacks which are served with drinks, either by themselves or before the sit-down meal is ready. These canapes for a party can be very simple and might be something spread on crackers or melba toast, or even a stuffed cherry tomato or deviled egg. The best canapes for a party are those which can be eaten with the fingers, so people can just pick them up without making their fingers messy. Also, they should be able to be eaten in one or two bites, and you shouldn’t need cutlery. A canape in one hand and a drink in the other is fine. Add cutlery .....