Microwave Beef Stew Belgian Style
This microwave beef stew Belgian style is one of the best stew recipes I have tried. Living so close to the Belgian border we can simply go over any time we crave this full-flavored stew and satisfy our cravings, but it is just as easy to make yourself at home, so read on and discover how the Belgians make a tasty beef stew.
The following recipe shows you how to make this dish in the microwave which is perfect if you do not want to stand over the stove, stirring, or use a crockpot. The end flavor is just the same as the slow-cooked version but it is much faster.
Microwave Beef Stew Belgian Style: What Kind of Beef to Use
The recipe features braising steak, which might be labeled skirt, flank or stewing steak (any tough, cheap cut is good for making this rustic stew) as well as onions and garlic. Beef stock, light ale, herbs and a pinch of brown sugar contribute towards the distinctive flavor.
What to Serve with this Microwave Beef Stew Belgian Style Recipe
This is lovely served with mashed potatoes and vegetables. Ensure the mashed potatoes have plenty of butter or cream for a nice texture, and the veggies might be something like broccoli or carrots.
Served in this way, it makes is an amazing meal, especially good for the cooler months, and the rustic flavors will really please your palate.
- 1½ lbs (675g) cubed braising steak
- 3 large, thinly sliced onions
- 1 crushed clove garlic
- 1 oz (30g) seasoned flour
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 10 fl oz (300ml) hot beef stock
- 10 fl oz (300ml) light ale
- 1 tablespoon wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon mixed dried herbs
- 2 bay leaves
- Combine everything in a microwave safe dish.
- Cover with a lid and microwave on ‘high’ for 10 minutes.
- Stir then microwave on ‘simmer’ for 90 minutes or until the meat is tender.
- Stir it every 30 minutes.
- Remove the bay leaves before serving.
Some More Hot Content For You
- The Best Creative Wonton IdeasSo you have made beef wontons, cheese wontons, seafood wontons, dessert wontons, several types of wonton soup and dumplings. Now what? There are plenty more ideas for wontons that you can consider. How about a filling of minced caramelized walnuts with toasted sesame seeds, or jelly and peanut butter? Those would be quirky yet delicious creative wonton ideas which would work beautifully. Fresh cottage cheese with smoked paprika would work, as would an Indian style wonton made with potatoes, peas, biryani spices, ginger and cumin. Dip these spicy wontons in a cool yogurt sauce. Chinese sausage meat could work, or make buffalo chicken purses .....
- Chicken Yakitori RecipeChicken yakitori is a Japanese dish made with chicken meat or chicken offal which is threaded on to bamboo skewers and grilled. Order a chicken yakitori recipe in a restaurant in Japan and you will be asked whether you want it done with salt or with tare sauce (a sake, soy sauce, sugar and mirin condiment) and this will go on the chicken before cooking. A Traditional Japanese Flavor The following chicken yakitori recipe is very simple to make and you will love the flavor of it. The chicken is flavored with mirin, soy sauce, sugar, garlic and green onion, then grilled until done. While any part of the chicken can be used to make yakitori in .....
- How to Cook Quail EggsA quail egg can be compared to a chicken egg except of course it’s a lot smaller! Because of this size, quail eggs make a nice garnish, an elegant garnish even, for all kinds of meat, poultry, fish or vegetable-based dishes. As you might imagine, it doesn’t take as long to cook this tiny egg as it would to cook a chicken egg. But knowing how to cook quail eggs is, of course, vital. How Long to Cook Quail Eggs? These pretty little speckled eggs will be soft-boiled in 2 1/2 minutes, medium-boiled in 3 minutes or hard-boiled in 4 minutes. Compare that to chicken’s eggs which can take up to 15 minutes to hard-boil and you will .....
- How to Make an English BreakfastAn English breakfast, often known as a full breakfast in England, is a breakfast meal which usually includes back bacon, fried, scrambled or poached eggs, sausages, and sometimes tomatoes, mushrooms, hash browns (yes they’re American not English, but popular these days!), black pudding, baked beans, toast or fried bread, and tea or coffee. Want to know how to make an English breakfast yourself? Read on for some tips. Bubble and squeak (mashed potatoes and cooked vegetables mashed together and fried) sometimes feature, while in the North you might get fried or broiled oatcakes instead of fried bread or toast. How to Make an English .....
- Crockpot Coffee Braised Beef RoastCoffee might sound like a strange ingredient to combine with beef, but it does lend this crockpot coffee braised beef dish a very rich and tasty flavor which complements the meaty beef taste. This recipe can be made in the crockpot and you don’t need many ingredients for it. To make this crockpot coffee braised beef you will need a boneless beef chuck roast weighing about 3 pounds, or slightly over, along with coffee and garlic. Throw in some water, cornstarch, salt and pepper, and those are the only ingredients you need. Just add your crockpot coffee braised beef ingredients to the crockpot then you can use the cooking liquid to make .....
- Cream of Spinach SoupThis cream of spinach soup is comparable to a vichyssoise which is a creamy French potato soup but adding spinach gives it a different flavor, as well as a distinctive color. This is lovely served with crackers or just with some bread on the side. The flavor is magnificent and this is one of the best things you can do with spinach. An immersion blender is handy when making this cream of spinach soup because you can avoid pureeing it in batches in the blender, but if you don’t have one, that doesn’t matter too much. Use fresh spinach in this cream of spinach soup recipe so you get the lovely fresh flavor. This makes a nice .....
- Potato Wrapped Fish FiletsThis potato wrapped fish filets recipe is something which is easy enough for the home cook to master but will give professional results. If you love fish and potatoes, why not combine them to make this delicious recipe? Whether you are used to tasty stuffed squid recipes and other seafood dishes, or not, you will love this. The potatoes need to be thin enough to wrap around the fish, although you can choose any type of potatoes and any type of fish. Perhaps you love the big flakes cod offers, the economical price of basa fish or tilapia, or the distinctive flavor of salmon. Whichever makes your mouth water would be an ideal candidate for .....
- Thai Stuffed Squid SoupThis Thai stuffed squid soup recipe is a favorite of mine. It is very special because of its simplicity. Although this Thai stuffed squid soup dish is rarely found on a restaurant menu you quickly and easily prepare it yourself. You need some chicken or pork bouillon, and homemade is best if possible. If you do not have homemade bouillon then make sure you use a high quality one. The filling for the squid is made with pork, soy sauce, black pepper and garlic, and you will need smallish squid for this, no more than a couple inches long. When you have stuffed the squid it is time to warm up your bouillon and then you poach the squid in there .....
- Brilliant Bruschetta RecipeA bruschetta recipe is one of the best Italian appetizers. It is made by rubbing garlic over grilled bread, then adding olive oil, tomatoes, salt and pepper. Some types of bruschetta recipe might also include cured meat, cheese, tomatoes, beans, or vegetables. The best-known bruschetta recipe outside Italy features fresh tomato, garlic and onion, fresh basil, and mozzarella. So Many Bruschetta Recipe Options A great bruschetta recipe is found on Italian restaurant menus all over the world, and there are hundreds of different ways to make it, which is why restaurant bruschetta ranges from bland to wonderful, depending who is making it. Make .....
- How to Give Your Wontons an International FlairJust because wontons are Chinese in origin does not mean you have to stick with the tried and tested Chinese wonton recipes. International wontons are an exercise in experimentation and sometimes this fusion really works! Of course, traditional wonton soup is delicious and Chinese-style fried wontons offer a flavor experience that most people enjoy very much, but you might like to experiment with a different take on the classic wonton recipe. Since wonton skins are made with egg, flour and water, they do not have a lot of flavor. This means you can use any kind of filling and rest assured it will complement the wonton skin flavor. For .....