Tastiest Marinade for Steak
We love a good steak in this house – rib-eye, filet mignon, sirloin, rump steak – the cut doesn’t matter because each of these boasts an incredible taste. When prepared correctly, steak has a melt-in-the-mouth texture. I don’t always use marinades when preparing steak but when I do I often use this one because it enhances the natural meaty steak flavor so well and for me this is for sure the tastiest marinade for steak.
How Long to Marinate Steak in the Marinade
A tough steak like chuck, skirt or flank can marinate overnight but if you are cooking something more delicate then 20 or 30 minutes is plenty long enough for the meat to soak up the marinade flavors. Avoid giving it much longer, else it might go a bit ‘soft’ which translates as mushy not tender, and of course that is not something desirable. Making the tastiest marinade for steak is also about timing, not just ingredients.
The flavors in the tastiest marinade for steak are bold and vibrant. You have mustard (Dijon or any favorite variety will work) as well as balsamic vinegar for sweetness and Worcestershire sauce which always goes well with steak. The soy sauce adds a salty taste and the garlic adds a fragrant finish.
Combine all the ingredients for the tastiest steak marinade and then add your steak. You can either use a glass or Pyrex dish or perhaps a large Ziploc bag instead. Turn the steak once halfway through the marinating.
How to Cook the Marinated Steak
Let any excess marinade drain off the steak before you cook it. If you are marinating it briefly then it will already be at room temperature. If you are marinating it for longer, in the refrigerator, let it reach room temperature before cooking. Putting a cold steak on the grill, under the broiler or in the pan will cause it to ‘seize up’ and that yields a tougher texture, so avoid doing that.
- 2 teaspoons prepared Dijon mustard
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- ¼ cup (60 ml) soy sauce
- ¼ cup (60 ml) olive oil
- ¼ cup (60 ml) balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup (60 ml) Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 4 steaks (sirloin, filet mignon, rump etc)
- Mix the mustard with the garlic, soy sauce, oil, vinegar and Worcestershire sauce.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour this mixture over your steaks in a shallow glass dish.
- Let it marinate for about half an hour at room temperature, then cook to your preferred doneness.
- If you are marinating a tougher cut of meat you can give it a few hours marinating time in the refrigerator instead.
- Discard the marinade.
- You will love the results the tastiest marinade for steak gives your meat!
Makes 1 Cup
Some More Hot Content For You
- A Delicious Recipe for Braised Stuffed CalamariThe braised stuffed calamari in this recipe sure looks good. Breadcrumbs, olives, capers, garlic, parsley and more are combined for a tasty filling for your squid. Laura Vitale talks you through everything you need for the recipe and then shows you how to prepare your ingredients to make the filling. I liked this braised stuffed calamari video because I found it very easy to follow and I love the resulting stuffed squid. I think it looks great! And also because this is so similar to the way I usually make my own squid so Laura Vitale is on to a winner here. Just watch the video through and then as soon as it finishes you will wish to .....
- Creamy Potato Salad with BaconPotato salad is always good but add bacon and you have a really mouthwatering side dish. The following creamy potato salad with bacon is a recipe which is very simple to make; the potato salad will keep for a few days once prepared. Serve it chilled or room temperature. Some people even like it served warm, as soon as it is made. Use boiling potatoes to make potato salad, not mashing potatoes which tend to disintegrate too easily. The choice of dressing is up to you. While a lot of people just use their favorite mayonnaise, you might prefer another kind of creamy dressing for this creamy potato salad with bacon, else you can use half mayo .....
- Walden Farms Calorie-Free Food ReviewFlavorful Items to Complement Your Diet This calorie free food is for anyone looking for items which do not contain calories, carbohydrates, fat or sugar. Doesn’t that sound exciting! Their range includes fruit spreads, regular and flavored mayo, pouring syrups, salad dressings, pasta sauces, whipped peanut spreads, dips for chips or fruit, condiments, and more. Carb-Free Too These products contain no carbs either, so you can enjoy as much as you want. But what do these calorie free food products actually taste like? I have bought a selection of them recently, to try them out for myself, and I have to say some are better than others......
- Warm Spinach Salad with Bacon and ShallotsHow does a warm spinach salad with bacon and shallots sound to you? This is a really satisfying recipe, and one of those you will be happy you made. Here, spinach is teamed with spinach and shallots, as well as garlic, nutmeg and even some hard-boiled egg if you like. Go ahead and add all your favorite ingredients to this warm spinach salad with bacon and shallots. Go ahead and personalize this salad as much as you want. It is going to taste great anyway. The result is a salad which is ideal for the cooler months and can be served alongside any meat, poultry or even seafood dish. Or you can enjoy the warm spinach salad with bacon and .....
- Easy Roasted Duck LegsDuck legs are much simpler to cook than duck breast, although that is not difficult either. Moreover they are nearly impossible to overcook because of the fat content keeping them succulent. All you need for the following easy roasted duck legs recipe are duck legs, thyme, salt and pepper, although you can also cook potatoes in the oven with the duck if you wish. Adding Potatoes to Your Easy Roasted Duck Legs If you do want to cook potatoes with the duck, simply peel and chop or slice potatoes and arrange them around the duck in the oven, then they can cook together. The reason I usually roast the potatoes is because the fat coming out of .....
- Thai Corn FrittersThese delicious spicy Thai corn fritters are so quick and simple to put together and they make a tasty appetizer or side dish. All you need to make these is some corn kernels (you can use drained canned corn, or even thawed corn kernels), a little flour and an egg. Then to finish off you just need some minced or finely chopped chili pepper and a little Thai fish sauce. How to Serve Thai Corn Fritters Try these as a side dish or appetizer, or make them as the main dish, perhaps with some tasty salad on the side. You might like to make a batch of Thai appetizers to showcase these, so everyone can try different Thai treats, or else just make .....
- Alpine and German Weather HousesFirst things first… what on Earth is a weather house and why would you use German weather houses? Well, a weather house is a little house in the shape of a Swiss or German chalet, and it is used to indicate the weather. Usually there are 2 side-by-side doors, with a girl in the left one and a boy in the right one. If the weather is supposed to be dry and sunny the girl comes out. If it’s going to be rainy the boy comes out. The boy/girl might be young or they might be man/woman figures depending on the design of the weather house itself. Alpine and German weather houses are all different so you can choose exactly what you prefer. .....
- Easy Chicken Laksa RecipeLaksa is a spicy noodle soup, and this easy chicken laksa recipe is well worth making. It originates from the Peranakan culture, which is a blend of Malay and Chinese. This culture is found in Malaysia, Indonesia and Singapore. There are 2 main kinds of laksa, curry laksa and asam laksa. The curry kind is a coconut curry soup and the asam kind is a sour fish soup. Different Kinds of Laksa Recipes Both kinds have noodles, and these might be thick rice noodles or rice vermicelli. Thick rice noodles are called ‘laksa noodles’ in some places. Curry laksa might include fish sticks, cockles, shrimp or bean curd puffs. Alternately it .....
- Deep-Fried Chicken Dim SumThis tempting deep-fried chicken dim sum recipe serves a crowd, and you can double it too. It is easy to make if you are methodical, mixing the filling together, then distributing it between the wrappers and working in batches. The crunchy hot chicken treats can be served alone or with your favorite sauce. Why We Love Deep-Fried Chicken Dim Sum, Actually ALL Dim Sum! Known as dim sum in Chinese, appetizers in the Western world, or tapas in Spain, small snacks will always have a place in our hearts and on our tables. They can precede a main dish or just be served as a snack. Dim sum, or Chinese appetizers, are versatile, tasty and just so .....
- Different Types of Glassware and StemwareThe word ‘glassware’ refers to tableware made from glass, including flatware, cutlery, drinkware and dishes which are set on the table before a meal. Glassware can also be used for cooking meals, such as Pyrex dishes. There are many different types of glassware to choose from. Most glasses to drink from are either flat bottomed, tumblers, footed or stemware. You can also get yard beer glasses which are tall, conical glasses for beer which have a round base. Buy What You Personally Like Different people have their own tastes in glassware so it’s good there are lots of different types of glassware to choose from. I love those .....