Best Buffalo Chicken Recipe
Being an English girl, I wasn’t quite sure what buffalo chicken was when I first heard the term. Of course I knew what a buffalo was and what a chicken was but didn’t see how you could combine them. All became clear when I tasted this delicacy Stateside and fell in love with it! Keep reading for the best buffalo chicken recipe I have found.
So much so in fact that I have added it to our regular meal rotation because I adore the combination of crispy, spicy chicken, fresh vegetable sticks, creamy dressing and of course don’t forget the blue cheese!
This best buffalo chicken recipe, like most of mine, is really easy to make. You have the choice of using any kind of chicken. The first time I made it I used chicken breast but now I usually use chicken legs. Not only are they cheaper here but they are also more flavorful, plus I like to crisp the skin up in the oven. Crispy chicken skin on a best buffalo chicken recipe is always good! Use drumsticks if you like because they are also good in this recipe.
Best Buffalo Chicken Recipe: Remember, Contrasts Work Here!
Buffalo chicken is a dish of contrasts, which is why the blue cheese and creamy dressing is a must! Although ranch dressing is the dressing of choice for buffalo chicken, you can use Caesar dressing if you prefer it.
While the chicken is baking you can prepare the crispy vegetable batons and other sides. My husband doesn’t like celery, which is why it’s missing from the photo, so I used carrot and bell pepper batons instead. I also shredded some iceberg and cubed some blue cheese.
Some buffalo chicken fans will always want a lot of hot sauce while others prefer a milder finish, so it is your call completely. Just offer it on the side.
Tweaking is Fine
Just like with any other dish, make this best buffalo chicken recipe how you personally like it, and you can’t go wrong. If one of you prefers spice while one prefers a milder end result, just serve extra hot sauce at the table so the spice fan can spice theirs up.
The ranch dressing and cheese in this best buffalo chicken recipe are lovely and cooling, contrasting so well with the spicy chicken, and the veggies are of course nutritious and add a nice crunch.
- 2 chicken legs or breasts, or 4 drumsticks
- ¼ cup (65g) melted butter
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- Tabasco sauce, to taste
- Salt, to taste
- Put the butter in a mug and melt it in the microwave.
- Stir in the hot sauce, onion powder and Worcestershire sauce.
- Pour ⅔ of this mixture over the chicken and rub it in.
- Let the chicken marinate for ½ hour in the refrigerator.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F or 200 degrees C.
- Sprinkle salt over the chicken and bake for 45 minutes or until nearly done.
- Chicken breasts will need less time than legs, so keep an eye on the chicken.
- Pour over the remaining marinade and keep cooking until done.
- You can use the broiler to crisp up the skin at the end if you want.
- Serve the chicken hot, with the blue cheese, veggies, lettuce, ranch dressing and anything else you fancy.
Keep the veggie batons in water in the refrigerator to keep them fresh overnight and stop them drying out.
Some More Hot Content For You
- Best Toaster Oven Under $30Buy the best toaster oven for less than $30 and be assured it will be perfect quality. Perhaps you have read some reviews of toaster ovens or maybe you are just thinking about adding one to your kitchen. Non stick cookware toasters review articles are essential to provide you with the information you need to decide if this toaster will suit your needs and budget. Toaster ovens are cheaper to run than large ones, so you can save money if you are just cooking or reheating a small amount of food. They will not overheat your kitchen the way large ovens can either, which is another benefit of the best toaster oven......
- Vaginal Yeast Infection HelpYeast infections are commonly found in the vaginal area and a huge amount of women suffer with this form of infection every year. This is when they desperately search for vaginal yeast infection help. The technical term for this infection is Candidiasis, and is often caused by the yeast in your body growing far too fast. The species of fungus that produces this problem is Candida and is present in your body at all times. This fungus will grow and spread rapidly when provided with the ideal conditions, such as a warm, moist place to thrive. When the yeast grows to an uncontrollable level, the infection will begin, which can vary from mild to .....
- Lamb Crackslaw with Hoisin SauceThis recipes uses leftover lamb, but you could use any leftover meat to make it. Just chop it into small pieces and then you can add it to the recipe. The vegetables add flavor and color to the dish, and you can feel free to use your favorites. I love lamb crackslaw because it’s tasty and oh so filling. If you want to swap the carrot for broccoli, for example, go ahead. This could be served with a starch on the side, but I usually just have it as it is, because it is satisfying enough like that. In fact it is really filling. This recipe is really appealing and even if you are not following a low carb diet you will love it. Hoisin sauce .....
- Dutch Slavink Recipe – Bacon Wrapped MeatballsSlavink is a Dutch meat recipe you will spot in grocery stores in the Netherlands, nestled in the pork area. These can best be described as a rectangular meatball wrapped in bacon. Go back in history and you will find a Dutch slavink recipe was originally a small songbird wrapped in bacon. In the south of Europe you can still find such a dish despite many people trying to outlaw the dish, but the modern Dutch version used ground beef and/or pork instead. In fact many of them use a half beef/half pork mixture to create a Dutch slavink recipe which is popular locally. Butchers in the Netherlands make their own slavinken, which is the Dutch .....
- Choosing the Best Oven to BuyThere are different kinds of ovens on the market but which is the best oven to buy? A single stove or range with a cooking top on top and an oven underneath is space conserving and affordable and found in most houses. However, if you are looking for a new oven, there are a few other options available. Some people who like to cook have stoves with up to eight burners instead of four, grilling and basting functions and built in warmers. Is this the best oven to buy? Well it depends on your requirements. Other people like modular cook-tops which let you add downdrafts, burners, griddles, steamer and deep frying units, rotisseries, broilers and .....
- Mini Onion Quiches RecipeTry this mini onion quiches recipe if you want a fresh and delicious flavor in every bite. The tasty little treats make a wonderful vegetarian starter recipe. The cheese and onion mixture is a melt in the mouth filling and the pastry comes out crisp and tasty. These individual onion quiches look great and taste even better. If you like quiche asparagus might be a flavor you’d like to try. Cheese and ham quiche is another classic dish. Feel free to adjust the ingredients in this quiche recipe if you want, to make your preferred quiche flavor. The sky is the limit when working on your own dishes, rather than having to settle for the .....
- Types of Chinese TeaWhy not pair your crispy fried crab Rangoon wontons with a refreshing cup of Chinese tea? There are many types of Chinese tea to choose from so you can quench your thirst and enjoy the delicious, fragrant taste. Chinese tea has a long history and the tea-drinking ritual has been around for over 1000 years. The Chinese were the first to discover the flavor of tea leaves, and tea is an integral part of daily life in China. Chinese tea used to be divided into four grades, depending on quality, and the Chinese tea culture was developed a lot during the Ming and Song dynasties, popularizing it in neighboring countries such as Korea and Japan. .....
- Pork and Shrimp Wonton SoupThese flavorful pork wontons feature shrimp, ginger, green onion and more. Try pork and shrimp wonton soup for your supper tonight and enjoy the fresh flavors. Pork and shrimp wontons are usually served in authentic wonton soup recipes and if pork and shrimp go together better than you might imagine. If you have ever tried bacon-wrapped shrimp, you will know this is a match made in heaven. Pairing pork and shrimp means you will have a delicious wonton filling for your wontons. In addition to the pork and shrimp, the wontons feature ginger, soy sauce, Chinese rice wine and more, for a traditional wonton feel and a mouthwatering finish. How to .....
- Pastel de Choclo Recipe from ChileI first tried this amazing corn pie in Chile and immediately fell in love with it. The ingredients might sound a little strange but it’s really good, I promise! Some people use beef while others use chicken. The corn topping on this pastel de choclo recipe is crisp, sticky and sweet and the eggs, black olives and other ingredients lend authenticity. Side Dish Options What is a good side dish for our pastel de choclo? Well, I like it with a simple tomato, garlic and onions salad on the side, or you might want to steam some broccoli or another favorite vegetable instead. This keeps well in the refrigerator for a few days and is easy to .....
- The Best Casserole Dishes to BuyAlthough it can be nice to have casseroles in many shapes, sizes and colors, that is not always practical. That is, unless you have a huge budget and a lot of storage spare. Instead it makes more sense to figure out what type of casserole you need, the brand you prefer, and the size and shape you want. Also consider the material the dish is going to be made of. Then you can get the best casserole dishes for your household. You might want to start off with one casserole dish, or you might like to invest in a set. Perhaps your favorite casserole broke and you are shopping for a replacement, in which case you will find you have more choice .....