Best Buffalo Chicken Recipe
Being an English girl, I wasn’t quite sure what buffalo chicken was when I first heard the term. Of course I knew what a buffalo was and what a chicken was but didn’t see how you could combine them. All became clear when I tasted this delicacy Stateside and fell in love with it! Keep reading for the best buffalo chicken recipe I have found.
So much so in fact that I have added it to our regular meal rotation because I adore the combination of crispy, spicy chicken, fresh vegetable sticks, creamy dressing and of course don’t forget the blue cheese!
This best buffalo chicken recipe, like most of mine, is really easy to make. You have the choice of using any kind of chicken. The first time I made it I used chicken breast but now I usually use chicken legs. Not only are they cheaper here but they are also more flavorful, plus I like to crisp the skin up in the oven. Crispy chicken skin on a best buffalo chicken recipe is always good! Use drumsticks if you like because they are also good in this recipe.
Best Buffalo Chicken Recipe: Remember, Contrasts Work Here!
Buffalo chicken is a dish of contrasts, which is why the blue cheese and creamy dressing is a must! Although ranch dressing is the dressing of choice for buffalo chicken, you can use Caesar dressing if you prefer it.
While the chicken is baking you can prepare the crispy vegetable batons and other sides. My husband doesn’t like celery, which is why it’s missing from the photo, so I used carrot and bell pepper batons instead. I also shredded some iceberg and cubed some blue cheese.
Some buffalo chicken fans will always want a lot of hot sauce while others prefer a milder finish, so it is your call completely. Just offer it on the side.
Tweaking is Fine
Just like with any other dish, make this best buffalo chicken recipe how you personally like it, and you can’t go wrong. If one of you prefers spice while one prefers a milder end result, just serve extra hot sauce at the table so the spice fan can spice theirs up.
The ranch dressing and cheese in this best buffalo chicken recipe are lovely and cooling, contrasting so well with the spicy chicken, and the veggies are of course nutritious and add a nice crunch.
- 2 chicken legs or breasts, or 4 drumsticks
- ¼ cup (65g) melted butter
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- Tabasco sauce, to taste
- Salt, to taste
- Put the butter in a mug and melt it in the microwave.
- Stir in the hot sauce, onion powder and Worcestershire sauce.
- Pour ⅔ of this mixture over the chicken and rub it in.
- Let the chicken marinate for ½ hour in the refrigerator.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F or 200 degrees C.
- Sprinkle salt over the chicken and bake for 45 minutes or until nearly done.
- Chicken breasts will need less time than legs, so keep an eye on the chicken.
- Pour over the remaining marinade and keep cooking until done.
- You can use the broiler to crisp up the skin at the end if you want.
- Serve the chicken hot, with the blue cheese, veggies, lettuce, ranch dressing and anything else you fancy.
Keep the veggie batons in water in the refrigerator to keep them fresh overnight and stop them drying out.
Some More Hot Content For You
- Why Homemade Recipes are Best1. Homemade Recipes Taste So Good If you compare some thawed out, reheated starters from the supermarket to something you have made yourself from scratch, from the best ingredients, which do you think will taste better? There is no contest. You will have plenty of time to make excellent homemade recipes if you plan the event in plenty of time, organise yourself properly and follow the best recipes. 2. Make Ahead Starters Save Time and Stress If you plan your homemade recipes ahead of time, you can make them before you need them, avoiding the need to be in the kitchen panicking about things at the last minute. Some make ahead ones can be made .....
- Indian Pasta Salad with ChickenPasta is not the first ingredient that should come to mind when you think about Indian cuisine because of course it is an Italian ingredient. However that is the beauty of fusion cooking. This Indian pasta salad offers some exciting flavors, all of which go together nicely. When combined they offer an exotic flair in what would otherwise just be a basic pasta salad. You can find all kinds of ingredients in this Indian pasta salad which come together wonderfully. The neutral flavor of pasta along with its firm al dente texture means a spicy, aromatic dressing is sure to suit it instead of clashing. In the following recipe we are teaming our .....
- Crispy Baked Camembert RecipeCamembert cheese is often featured as one of the cheeses on a cheeseboard, but there is more you can do with it. Similar to brie, this French cheese offers a ripe, creamy flavor, and it is also delicious served hot. Some people choose to fry the breaded Camembert in oil but you can also oven bake it if you want to cut the calories and fat content. Try this baked Camembert recipe for yourself to experience an amazing taste and texture. How Many Will This Crispy Baked Camembert Recipe Serve? This baked Camembert recipe will serve 2 if you want a filling starter or light main dish, or you can cut each cheese in half before you dip in the egg .....
- Exotic Mango and Chicken SaladThis tasty and exotic mango and chicken salad recipe is a fusion style appetizer, blending the flavors of southeast Asia. This creative cuisine has its roots in Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand and Indonesia and this is a really juicy and flavorful starter recipe. You can either serve it on a big plate if you are making starters for a buffet or give everyone a plateful. Salad greens and tomato are great as a garnish and this is a great idea for a starter recipe. A Wonderful Asian Dressing The salad dressing used for this exotic mango and chicken salad is a combination of yogurt, ginger, lime juice and soy sauce. You could add some sesame seeds .....
- Spicy Potato CakesSpicy potato cakes go beautifully with any poultry, meat or fish dish, as an alternative to hash brown, boiled or mashed potatoes, or even rice, pasta or other starchy sides. Something else you can do with these spicy potato cakes is serve them for breakfast, perhaps with fried eggs, mushrooms and a sausage or some bacon strips. They are also nice served as a snack with sour cream on top. The spicy potato cakes recipe is Indian influenced, and a lot of Indian dishes feature spices. Adding spices to something doesn’t mean the taste has to be fiery hot. Instead you can add a fragrant, aromatic touch by carefully selecting which spices .....
- Baked Chicken ChimichangasBaked chicken chimichangas might change your whole idea of deep-frying! Chimichangas are gorgeous although they are often considered an indulgence because they are deep-fried. Saying that, it is perfectly possible to oven-bake this tasty snack and that cuts down on fat and calories, offering up a healthy meal which is just as good as its deep-fried cousin! If you want to know how to bake chimichangas read on for a great recipe. We have chosen to use chicken in this baked chicken chimichangas recipe but feel free to use beef, pork, beans, cheese – anything you want really. The filling is up to you. Some people like to make a vegetarian .....
- Jamie Oliver Superfood Salad CopycatMy husband and I had lunch at the Jamie Oliver restaurant in Cardiff last year and it was really good! I had the avocado superfood salad with smoked salmon and it really made an impression. I loved all those flavors and it looked gorgeous too. I wanted to recreate it so I came up with this Jamie Oliver superfood salad copycat recipe. It’s not identical but pretty close! What’s in It? The Jamie Oliver superfood salad copycat salad is made with avocado, beets, grains, kale, toasted seeds, and a tasty harissa and lemon dressing. On top of that you have avocado, pomegranate and poppy seeds. The following recipe is a copycat attempt, .....
- Creamy Scallop Baked PastaThis creamy scallop baked pasta is one of my favorite dishes. It is simple to make and its creaminess makes it wonderful comfort food. I love scallops. In fact, I love all kinds of seafood! This is also a dish my husband enjoys whenever I made it. The fact that this contains scallops makes it a gourmet baked pasta dish. Every time I make creamy scallop baked pasta, I make it slightly differently, so I offer different options in the recipe so you can tailor it to your own palate. I like to add spinach or bell pepper, both for color and for nutrients and added flavor. I use frozen scallops because I don’t have much option where I live. I .....
- A Great Dipping Sauce for WontonsMany people are eager to start making the best and most easy wonton recipes but wait – what are you going to serve with the wontons? If you are serving them in soup then that is one thing but if not, you might like to serve a wonton dipping sauce on the side, to dip your steamed, baked or fried wontons into. You are going to need a tasty dipping sauce for wontons. A wonton dipping sauce can be something out of a bottle such as soy sauce, oyster sauce or chili sauce, or it can be something you make yourself. Consider the wonton filling when thinking about what type of wonton dipping sauce to prepare. Examples of a Good Dipping Sauce for .....
- 7 Winter Comfort Food RecipesComfort food tends to be hot, thick and tasty, and it can apply to both sweet and savory dishes. What is your favorite comfort food? Do you love winter comfort food recipes as much as I do? Are you into burgers and fries, homemade mac and cheese, onion rings with a creamy dip, a bowl of chili, or how about apple cobbler with vanilla ice cream? Homemade bread is wonderful, as is pizza. Winter comfort food recipes might not be the healthiest of food but balance it out by eating healthy meals at other times, and it can be part of a balanced diet. Although American food is what many of us think of when considering comfort food recipes, other .....