Easy Chicken Cacciatore with Thighs and Breasts
This easy chicken cacciatore with thighs and breasts recipe is seriously impressive. With the right wow factor for a dinner party but with an ease of preparation to make the cook smile, you can’t go wrong with a chicken cacciatore recipe.
This easy chicken cacciatore with thighs and breasts features chicken as well as wine, fresh herbs, tomato sauce and a few capers for good measure. Garlic and onion also feature for a nice, earthy flavor. Serve your chicken cacciatore with noodles or rice, or even mashed potatoes if you want to have the ‘comfort food’ type appeal, as well as your favorite steamed veggies.
What does Cacciatore Mean?
This word is Italian for ‘hunter’ which means wine, herbs, onion and tomatoes are added to the meat you have hunted (or bought from the supermarket!) and it is usually made with chicken or rabbit.
There are plenty of variation with easy chicken cacciatore with thighs and breasts. Northern Italian chefs usually use white wine which in the South they prefer red wine, for example.
A basic recipe for cacciatore usually starts with olive oil in a heavy pan, followed by salt and pepper dusted chicken pieces. The chicken then comes out of the pan and the vegetables and tomatoes go in, along with the wine and herbs.
Easy Chicken Cacciatore with Thighs and Breasts: Optional Ingredients
Add some carrot, bay leaf and crushed fresh rosemary for extra flavor at this stage, if you wish. These ingredients are optional. Real hunters might or might not have these in their store cupboard to throw in, so add them if you wish.
Next, the chicken goes back into the pan and then everything simmers together until all the ingredients are not only cooked through but well blended and highly flavored.
What to Serve with Hunter’s Stew
Easy chicken cacciatore with thighs and breasts is usually served with pasta or rustic bread, although some people prefer potatoes or noodles. Choose whichever side dishes you like, because it is your dish.
- 4 chicken thighs
- 2 chicken breasts with skin and bone, halved crosswise
- ¾ (180ml) cup dry white wine
- 28 ounce (800g) can diced tomatoes in juice
- ¾ cup (180ml) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup (65g) all-purpose flour, for dredging
- 3 tablespoons drained capers
- ¼ cup (small handful) coarsely chopped fresh basil leaves
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 chopped red bell pepper
- 1½ teaspoons dried oregano leaves
- 1 chopped onion,
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- Sprinkle a teaspoon of salt and pepper over the chicken pieces then dredge the chicken in the flour to lightly coat.
- Heat the oil in a heavy pan then add the chicken and saute for 5 minutes a side or until golden brown. Do this in 2 batches if need be.
- Transfer the chicken to a plate and put the bell pepper, garlic and onion in the pan and cook for 5 minutes or until the onion is tender.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, then pour in the wine and simmer for 3 minutes or until reduced by half.
- Add the tomatoes plus their juice, the oregano, capers and broth, then put the chicken back in the pan and turn in the sauce to coat well.
- Bring the sauce to a simmer and simmer for half an hour or until the chicken is just cooked.
- Transfer the chicken to a platter with tongs. If needed, boil the sauce for a few minutes until it thickens a bit then spoon off any excess fat from it and spoon over the chicken. Serve sprinkled with the basil.
Some More Hot Content For You
- The Best Casserole Dishes to BuyAlthough it can be nice to have casseroles in many shapes, sizes and colors, that is not always practical. That is, unless you have a huge budget and a lot of storage spare. Instead it makes more sense to figure out what type of casserole you need, the brand you prefer, and the size and shape you want. Also consider the material the dish is going to be made of. Then you can get the best casserole dishes for your household. You might want to start off with one casserole dish, or you might like to invest in a set. Perhaps your favorite casserole broke and you are shopping for a replacement, in which case you will find you have more choice .....
- Best Eggplant GratinEggplant has a unique flavor and it works really well as a gratin, when you add a crispy crumb topping and get it really crispy and golden brown. This eggplant gratin could be a side dish for chicken, fish, meat, or even a vegetarian entree served with bread or another starch on the side. Tasty Versatile Eggplant Gratin Eggplant, known as aubergine in some places, is easy to find, and you can do plenty with it such as making the classic dish moussaka, in which it is layered with ground meat, or you can batter it and deep-fry it for a crispy snack, or even take a look at the following eggplant gratin recipe and discover this brand new idea .....
- Perfect Peach SmoothiePeach smoothie is perfect for any age or occasion, and you can adapt the following recipe as much as you want. Serve it in martini glasses, tall glasses or another kind, and garnish each one with a peach slice if you want, or a strawberry perhaps. This lovely recipe is quick and easy to make. Simply throw everything into a blender and press the button. If you find yourself with a batch of fresh peaches to use up, consider making this recipe. You don’t have to use fresh peaches. Frozen ones will work too, either thawed or still frozen, and if you’re using still-frozen ones you can leave out the ice cubes. Fruity and Fantastic .....
- Retro Shades and Vintage SunglassesSo what is the appeal of groovy shades? Shades, or sunglasses, come in many styles and designs, and although there are plenty of modern ones a lot of people like to go for the retro style sunglasses which often appear in vintage clothing stores, and on Amazon and eBay. Consider retro shades if you want a cool look. Whether you are looking for some classic vintage Chanel sunglasses or something fun made with brightly colored plastic, there are lots of old-fashioned styles you can get, and retro shades are even cooler than a lot of modern ones. Pick out something that suits the shape of your face as well as your personality and not only can .....
- Best Rolling BackpackFirst things first, so what is a rolling backpack? A rolling backpack is a backpack on wheels, although it also has straps so you can carry it on your back. This is an excellent idea for students, to ensure that you do not damage your back whilst transporting all of your books and materials. The best rolling backpack is going to be a great investment. As the amount of books needed for classes increases, the strain on your back can be intense. However, with the rolling backpack, you will apply no pressure to your back, and can ensure that you can transport everything you need. Best Rolling Backpack: Handy for Everybody Rolling backpacks are .....
- Traditional Recipe for Cornish PastiesOne of the most famous dishes to come from Cornwall, England (well apart from tea and scones of course) is the Cornish pasty. This delicious snack can be enjoyed hot, warm or chilled, and the beef and vegetable filling complements the flaky pastry perfectly. Knowing the traditional recipe for Cornish pasties means you can prepare this delicacy for your family at home. Traditional Recipe for Cornish Pasties Dough We are making the pastry for our Cornish pasty (pronounced PAH-stee) recipe as well as preparing the filling. For the pastry you will need flour, butter, egg yolks, salt and baking powder. It helps to have a food processor to prepare .....
- Elegant Seafood Fettucine with Lemon and DillTry this seafood fettuccine with lemon and dill recipe if you are out to impress. This is the perfect go-to recipe for a dinner party because it pairs seafood with pasta and it looks like a true gourmet dish on the plate, although to be honest it is really easy to put together. As well as the fettuccine pasta you will need mixed seafood, and for your flavors you will be adding lemon, dill and a touch of Tabasco sauce – flavors which are amazing with seafood. For this seafood fettuccine with lemon and dill recipe, the pasta is cooked in one pan while the seafood mixture is cooked in another. You then have the choice of either combining .....
- Microwave Beef Stew Belgian StyleThis microwave beef stew Belgian style is one of the best stew recipes I have tried. Living so close to the Belgian border we can simply go over any time we crave this full-flavored stew and satisfy our cravings, but it is just as easy to make yourself at home, so read on and discover how the Belgians make a tasty beef stew. The following recipe shows you how to make this dish in the microwave which is perfect if you do not want to stand over the stove, stirring, or use a crockpot. The end flavor is just the same as the slow-cooked version but it is much faster. Microwave Beef Stew Belgian Style: What Kind of Beef to Use The recipe features .....
- Sticky Spare Ribs with Chinese Leaves and Noodles RecipeThis tasty oriental recipe will get your dinner off to a good start. Serve these sticky spare ribs with Chinese leaves and noodles and everyone is sure to enjoy the exotic Eastern flavor. Don’t worry if you haven’t cooked ribs before – they just need to roast. These ribs are sticky so if you make this starter recipe, you might want to give out finger bowls or wet flannels. In fact, you really should. How to Cook Spare Ribs Spare ribs should be crispy on the outside but juicy on the inside. There is nothing worse than overcooked meat and ‘well done’ simply does not apply to spare ribs. When they are cooked .....
- Best Baked Chicken Breast with Cream of Chicken SoupThis baked chicken breast with cream of chicken recipe is quick and easy. It makes a great family dinner and everyone at the table will enjoy it. All you need to make this is chicken, a can of cream of chicken soup, milk, and poultry seasoning. The resulting baked chicken breast with cream of chicken is juicy and delicious, and pairs wonderfully with mashed potatoes, pasta or rice, and pretty much any vegetable. Try asparagus, broccoli, carrots, corn on the cob, or even colorful mixed veggies. An Incredibly Easy Baked Chicken Breast Recipe Anyone can make this baked chicken breast with cream of chicken recipe because it is really simple, .....