Chicken Curry Indian Style Recipe
This chicken curry Indian style recipe is just what you need if you want to cheer yourself up on a chilly evening. The chicken and vegetables combine beautifully with the curry spices and the overall effect is fantastic. Serve this with white fluffy rice, naan bread or whatever your heart desires.
In a restaurant you may request your curry mild, medium or spicy, and hope the chef’s version of ‘mild’ for example, is the same as yours! We have all been there, asking for a mild dish, and it arrives and blows your head off. Well, in this chicken curry Indian style recipe, it is up to you to add the spices, so you can choose how spicy (or otherwise) you would like it to be.
Perhaps you are not used to eating curries. If you aren’t sure what to expect, then just imagine chicken served in a warm, nice tasting sauce. Make it mild (don’t add too much curry powder) and taste it as you go, so if you feel it needs more flavor towards the end you can add some more.
Why Indian Recipes are So Beloved
Indian food is one of the most popular cuisines, and although other cuisines do feature spices, nothing tastes quite like true Indian food. And no, Indian food is not just about ‘curries’ and the like. There are plenty of wonderful dishes to choose from, ranging from mild and simple to spicy and complex. This chicken curry Indian style recipe can be made as spicy or mild as you wish.
Whether you are cooking in the manner of many Indians, making a vegetarian dish (a lot of Indians are non-carnivores) or using fish, seafood, poultry and meat in your dish, the typical Indian flavorings will set off the flavor of the whole meal and you will find such recipes to be superbly well balanced and full of amazing flavor.
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves in bite-size pieces
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- ½ teaspoon grated fresh ginger root
- ½ teaspoon white sugar
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- ¾ cup (185ml) coconut milk
- Juice of ½ lemon
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Salt, to taste
- Chopped cilantro (fresh coriander) to garnish
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over a medium heat.
- Saute the onion until it is lightly browned.
- Stir in the garlic, curry powder, paprika, bay leaf, cinnamon, ginger, sugar and salt. Keep stirring for a couple of minutes.
- Add the chicken, tomato paste, coconut milk and yogurt.
- Bring the curry to a boil, then turn down the heat and simmer for 25 minutes.
- Discard the bay leaf and stir in the lemon juice and cayenne pepper.
- Simmer the curry for 5 minutes more before serving, garnished with cilantro, over rice.
Some More Hot Content For You
- How to Make Satay Sauce in 2 Minutes Using 3 IngredientsYou only need 3 ingredients to make the best satay sauce recipe. It is so easy! Learn how to make satay sauce and you will want to make this often. Satay sauce can be served with chicken or beef kabobs or fries, or you can serve this easy peanut sauce recipe as a dip for pretty much anything. If you’re making some kind of fried rice dish like egg fried rice or nasi goreng, microwave this for 45 seconds or until hot then let it cool for a minute (so it thickens back up) and it will be an amazing accompaniment. How to Make It Like a Pro When you know how to make satay sauce, you will want to perfect this skill. The key to making it is to .....
- Chilled Crunchy Raw Crack SlawThis raw crack slaw recipe shows you how to make coleslaw style crackslaw. While crack slaw is usually made hot in a wok and served like a Chinese dish, this recipe is different, surprisingly so if you have made the regular kind a few times already. Instead of being cooked the cabbage mixture is tossed together cold and then you let it stand until the flavors are better blended. Then serve it raw. Yep, this is a recipe for raw crack slaw, and it tastes fantastic! Flavored with all the best ingredients like vinegar, citrus juice and sesame oil, this raw crack slaw will fulfill all your hunger pangs and leave you really satisfied. Serve it .....
- Chinese Tea Smoked ChickenElegant appetizer recipe ideas are becoming more popular than ever before, as people begin to experiment more in the kitchen. You need to choose an appetizer that will impress your guests with your knowledge of food, and the distinct choice of flavors used to make the dishes. There are many different recipes to choose from, regardless of the occasion, and your budget. Take Chinese tea smoked chicken for example – this is certainly elegant as well as unusual. Presentation and Good Ingredients are Vital If you use a good recipe for your appetizer, you can achieve an exciting, elegant appearance with very basic ingredients. Expensive .....
- Tasty Taco Salad in Tortilla BowlsAs much as I love salad (and I really do!) I do find myself getting bored with the same old salad recipes over and over, which is why finding a new recipe or learning a new salad tip or trick is always so great. Take this taco salad for example. Not only can you expect the flavorful flavors of Mexico, but you also get a crunchy taco bowl to serve the salad in. I love to present my taco salad in tortilla bowls because it looks so impressive but is actually easy! Tortilla bowls are very easy to make and you can do them in the oven. Use cooking spray and you add only a few calories to the tortillas themselves. You can serve any kind of salad in .....
- Mouthwatering Mexican Crack Slaw RecipeAlthough crack slaw is an Asian dish and is usually made with Chinese seasonings, there is no reason you cannot experiment with the dish and find your own preferred way of making it. Since this Mexican crack slaw is such a good Atkins diet recipe it is worth knowing a few variations so you don’t get bored with it. You can make it Mexican, Greek, Spanish or use other herbs, spices and seasonings to give it a totally different feel. The dish is mainly meat, poultry or fish, along with vegetables and seasonings. You won’t even miss the carbs, I promise! Typical Mexican Flavors The following Mexican crack slaw recipe shows you how to .....
- How to Make a Wonton Noodle RecipeMaking your own wonton noodle recipe, or wonton wrappers, from scratch is not difficult. Although there are different wonton wrapper recipes, this is perhaps the simplest and it offers a very good result. Yes you can buy them from the store but should you? Of course that very much depends on the results you are looking for. If you want to take the time to learn how to make wonton wrappers then it is well worth making them. You will get a fresher taste and you will also get lots of kudos from everyone enjoying your homemade wontons if they learn you not only filled and cooked the wontons but learned how to make wonton skins and made the whole .....
- Authentic Nasi Goreng RecipeNasi goreng means ‘fried rice’ in Indonesian as well as Malay, and it can be fried rice, a meal with stir-fried rice, or a salted dried fish mixture with rice. The main ingredient in an authentic nasi goreng recipe is always the rice, so if you are looking for something to make with leftover rice, keep reading and discover this wonderful Indonesian dish. Authentic Nasi Goreng Recipe Ingredients Known as the national dish of Indonesia, the best nasi goreng recipe is whichever mixture you like, perhaps rice with kecap manis (sweet soy sauce), egg, chicken, shrimp, garlic, and shallot, or perhaps you favor mushrooms and peas, or .....
- Vegetable Jeon Recipe – Korean PancakesIf you are looking for something new and delicious, why not try this jeon (pronounced ‘jun’) recipe? Our vegetable jeon recipe is simple to prepare and there are various tweaks you can employ to add your own touch to the flavor. Jeon is a tasty Korean dish which you will love and this recipe combines vegetables with Asian seasonings to make the tastiest little bites. Vegetable Jeon Recipe: So Addictive and Yummy Try this vegetable jeon recipe once and you will be hooked because the crispy texture and amazing flavor make these a lovely appetizer, snack or meal. In Korea the word jeon refers to food coated in egg and flour, and .....
- 3 Ingredient Cajun Griddled SalmonSalmon is one of my favorite fish to cook. It is high in omega-3’s which are essential for good health and the flavor is just amazing. That’s why I enjoy making this 3 ingredient cajun griddled salmon recipe. Sometimes I like to spice it up by adding Cajun, Mexican or Indian spices, but other times I like the salmon just as it is, perhaps with a squeeze of lemon or just some salt and pepper. Salmon is nice added to a risotto or quiche. There are so many things you can do with this wonderful fish. The following 3 ingredient cajun griddled salmon recipe just requires 3 ingredients, and those are some Cajun seasoning which you can .....
- Artichoke Dip RecipeHaving a party? Try this artichoke dip recipe! This is a great dip which is ideal with crackers or crudites such as celery and carrot slices. This artichoke dip recipe is also delicious with warm toasted bread. Artichokes are something a lot of people overlook in the grocery store but they are really nice, and you can use fresh or canned ones in so many recipes, such as baked pasta dishes and soups. A lot of artichoke dips feature spinach but this one doesn’t, just to make it more unique. The artichoke offers plenty of flavor of its own and does not require backup in the form of spinach. The dip comes out an off-white color because of .....