Chicken Fajitas Recipe
Here in this excellent chicken fajitas recipe, we are pairing spiced chicken with delicious veggies, soft tortillas and whichever condiments you want to add. It makes a lovely dinner for any occasion. Although a lot of people assume fajitas are Mexican they are actually Tex-Mex.
The word ‘fajita’ refers to barbequed meat which is served on a tortilla. Onions and bell peppers usually feature in these recipes, along with lettuce, sour cream, salsa or pico de gallo, tomato, and/or guacamole. Skirt steak is the original meat used to make a chicken fajitas recipe, and this tough cut of beef which is amazing when slow cooked has soared in price in recent years, but if you spot some on sale grab it, because this recipe is too good not to make.
Beef was frequently butchered to feed cattle hands during the cattle roundups in Texas ranchlands in the 1930s and the head, entrails and trimmings of the beef was giving to Mexican cowboys as part of their payment. Each carcass does not yield a lot of skirt. This cut was not sold commercially either, so you can see how fajitas would be unknown outside of Mexican cowboys and their families, along with butchers and their families.
A Restaurant Chicken Fajitas Recipe Secret
In a restaurant, a chicken fajitas recipe is brought to the table on a sizzling platter, made to sizzle (sorry to disillusion you) by adding a chunk of butter to the very hot metal platter, but of course you don’t need to do this at home (well, unless you want to!) If you want to make amazing chicken fajitas, follow our recipe and I promise you will love the flavor.
- 1½ lbs (680g) chicken breast (no bones or skin)
- 2 red bell peppers
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 green bell pepper
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- Cooking spray, as needed
- 1 package warmed flour tortillas, to serve
- Sour cream, shredded cheese and salsa, to serve
- Blend the onion and garlic powders with the salt, pepper, chili, cayenne, paprika and cumin.
- Rinse the chicken and pat it dry, then arrange it on a pan and spray with cooking oil.
- Rub in the spice rub.
- Let it sit for 15 minutes to absorb the flavors.
- Preheat the barbeque.
- Cut the onion and bell peppers into ¼ inch thick strips.
- Heat a skillet over a medium to high heat and add a tablespoon of oil.
- Add the vegetables with a pinch each of salt and pepper.
- Cook for 20 minutes or until tender.
- Cook the chicken on the barbecue for 6 minutes.
- Flip it over.
- Cook for another 6 minutes or until the internal temperature is 165 degrees F (70 degrees C).
- Let it sit for 5 minutes on a cutting board, then cut it into strips.
- If preferred, cook the chicken on the stove until no pink remains in the middle.
- Serve the chicken and vegetables with warmed flour tortillas.
- Offer shredded cheese, sour cream and salsa on the side.
Some More Hot Content For You
- Salmon in Mustard Cream SauceSalmon is a powerhouse of nutrition. This salmon in mustard cream sauce recipe is just one idea for incorporating this juicy fish into a recipe. Wild-caught salmon boasts sweetness as well as a fatty touch which balances things out beautifully for the perfect mouth-feel. This would be beautiful with any kind of potatoes – mashed, boiled (with dill weed!) or crispy and roasted, along with your favorite green vegetable. Broccoli, zucchini (courgette) and green beans are definite contenders. Personally I love grilled green asparagus, so consider that as well. If you want to double up on the sauce it would make a fine vegetarian dip for .....
- Anchovy and Melon Salad RecipeThis anchovy and melon salad recipe is a simple and easy dish which tastes very good. The citrus and melon flavors go perfectly with the fish while the watercress sprigs make a pretty garnish. If you are low on time, why not have a go at this easy anchovy and melon salad recipe? Aromatic Healthy Melon Melon is so nice to use in a salad because it has a unique and very refreshing flavor. This simple anchovy and melon salad recipe is one of our more interesting starter recipes and it is especially nice to serve in the summer when you are looking for something refreshing. Some More Hot Content For You Decadent Chocolate Walnut Cake How to Make .....
- All About Vaginal Yeast InfectionsA yeast infection that affects the vaginal area is commonly referred to as candidiasis as the infection is caused by the fungus Candida. This fungus is present throughout your body at all times. However, in the perfect environment, it can grow rapidly. In areas, which are moist and warm the fungus will thrive and becomes an issue. If you think that you are suffering with this form of yeast infection, there are several symptoms which are obvious. Vaginal yeast infections can be diagnosed by the symptoms or the fact you get them often (although not everyone does). You can either experience all of the symptoms or just a few, everyone is .....
- Easy Soba SaladI love all kinds of noodles but soba noodles are my favorite. The word ‘soba’ means ‘buckwheat’ in Japanese and it also refers to thin, buckwheat noodles. In Japan the word refers to any thin noodles. These can be served hot or cold, with a dipping sauce or in soup or you could make an easy soba salad. Buckwheat can be harvested 4 times a year because it takes 3 months to reach maturity and be ready for harvesting. Soba noodles are sold at railway stations in Japan, and they also feature on the menus in high-end restaurants, making them a versatile component in a variety of dishes, not just easy soba salad recipes. .....
- Lancashire Hotpot with BeefThis Lancashire hotpot with beef is a wonderfully warming dinner, and it is so easy to make. Beef (or lamb) and potatoes come together with a red wine based sauce to make this hearty dish. Served with peas or another green vegetable, this makes the perfect cold weather dinner for the whole family to enjoy. Lancashire hotpot with beef leftovers warm up nicely for lunch the next day. As well as the beef and potatoes, we are using carrots (if you like) along with onion, beef stock, red wine, and some thyme to add a nice earthy, herby flavor. This is a good recipe for the cooler months when you crave something that is really going to .....
- Apple and Parsnip Soup RecipeParsnip is a great ingredient for soups because it goes well with other vegetables or with fruit and has a great flavor. You can grow your own parsnips if you live somewhere cold because they don’t reach their peak until they’ve had a couple of hard frosts. This apple and parsnip soup recipe is easy to make and really good for any season. It makes pretty good comfort food too! Beautiful Flavor Combo This apple and parsnip soup recipe is warming and what I especially love about it is the combination of sweet and savory it offers. The apple is of course sweet while the parsnip is mostly savory but with a special, natural sweetness .....
- Crockpot Coffee Braised Beef RoastCoffee might sound like a strange ingredient to combine with beef, but it does lend this crockpot coffee braised beef dish a very rich and tasty flavor which complements the meaty beef taste. This recipe can be made in the crockpot and you don’t need many ingredients for it. To make this crockpot coffee braised beef you will need a boneless beef chuck roast weighing about 3 pounds, or slightly over, along with coffee and garlic. Throw in some water, cornstarch, salt and pepper, and those are the only ingredients you need. Just add your crockpot coffee braised beef ingredients to the crockpot then you can use the cooking liquid to make .....
- Traditional Greek Salad RecipeGreek salad is one of the most popular kinds, which is why most people have a good idea of what goes in there. Our traditional Greek salad recipe is simple to put together and you will recognize all the wonderful Mediterranean flavors in there. Feta cheese, olives, cucumber and tomatoes usually feature in this salad, but how do you make Greek dressing to finish it off in style, so you can close your eyes and imagine you are sitting by the ocean on a Greek beach? Read on and discover how to make our tasty and traditional Greek salad. This traditional Greek salad recipe is very simple and suitable for even novice home cooks. Sometimes I like .....
- Fish Mousse Starter RecipeThis delightful fish mousse starter recipe is simple to make and guaranteed to start your dinner off in style. If you want to learn how to make fish mousse, this is a great recipe to use because the mousse tastes fresh and flavorful, without being too strong. Serve it with crackers or bread. A Great Starter Idea Fish mousse goes nicely before any main course. This fish mousse starter recipe is made with smoked salmon but you can use any kind of fish – perhaps tuna, trout or something else. This is a very basic recipe and it combines fish, cream, gelatin to make it set, a bit of dill and some lemon, so you can be creative. Some More Hot .....
- Layered Mason Jar Salad IdeasMason jars have many uses, such as canning, storing grains, shaking cocktails, and more, but one of the best ways to use them, and something very popular right now, is making mason jar salad recipes. There are plenty of layered mason jar salad ideas to consider. You have the dressing at the bottom and then vegetables, then other ingredients and finally your lettuce or salad greens. Keep the jar upright and you will keep the greens away from the dressing until you tip the whole delicious lot on to a plate at lunchtime. This type of salad lasts for days in the refrigerator (depending on what you put in there) so you can make all your weekday .....