Chicken Livers Middle Eastern Style
Chicken is one of the most popular meats worldwide, although many of us will gladly buy the breast or drumsticks but be hesitant about the livers – enter chicken livers Middle Eastern style. Once you know this recipe you will want to make it over and over!
Once you try chicken livers though, you are sure to change your mind, because the flavor and texture are both very enjoyable, and these livers are really versatile too – a Middle Eastern flavor works very nicely, but there are plenty of other cuisines using these livers, each adding their own flavors and using their own take on flavors to complement the distinctive liver taste.
Chicken Livers Middle Eastern: Deliciously Simple
We have kept the following chicken livers Middle Eastern recipe deliberately straightforward, because it will be the first time some of you have cooked chicken livers, and we just want to show you how easy they are to prepare. In this recipe some vegetables are sauteed in a pan, then the livers and seasonings go in. Another few minutes and the dish is ready to serve, perhaps with rice or potatoes. How easy is that?
Other Chicken Liver Ideas
Try sauteing chicken livers with potatoes, onions, bell peppers and mushrooms to make a nice, comforting hash. Something else to try is threading them raw on to skewers with bay leaves then grilling them until firm. A little salt and black pepper would be the only seasonings needed for that. I still prefer this chicken livers Middle Eastern style but go ahead and make whatever you wish.
Try pureeing cooked livers with a little olive oil and some herbs and spices (any you want) to make a tasty dip for melba toast. Chopped cooked livers can always go into a bowl of homemade chicken noodle soup, risotto or a pasta dish. Something else which is very appealing about these nutritious, tasty livers is their economical price!
- 1 lb trimmed, chopped chicken livers
- 2 seeded, thinly sliced bell peppers (one yellow, one red)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 sliced yellow onion
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon sumac
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- Fresh herbs for garnish (optional)
- Heat the oil in a skillet over a moderate heat.
- Add the bell peppers, garlic and onion.
- Cook for 5 minutes, stirring often, until the vegetables start to soften.
- Add the liver to the skillet, and the allspice, sumac and soy sauce.
- Cook, stirring, for 10 minutes or until the liver is cooked through.
- Serve garnished with fresh herbs if you like.
Some More Hot Content For You
- Aberdeen Sausage Starter RecipeThis Aberdeen sausage starter recipe is a very delicious dish that carnivores will love. Beef and bacon are combined with the delicious flavors of Worcestershire sauce, parsley, oats, onion and more to give a delicious starter recipe which can be sliced up and served piping hot or warm from the oven, as you wish. Easy and Tasty This Aberdeen sausage starter recipe is not difficult at all and you will enjoy the flavours in it, especially if you are a sausage fan. Homemade sausages are not something a lot of home cooks make but if you are having guest for dinner and you are out to impress, you could do a lot worse than this recipe, and you .....
- How to Get a Job in Gran Canaria and Live ThereSo you’re interested in working in sunny Gran Canaria? I have plenty of handy information to share with you about moving to Gran Canaria, living there and working there, so read on! Whether you want a job in Gran Canaria or you’re just curious, I can share my experiences with you. Gran Canaria is one of the Canary Islands and is situated off the coast of North Africa. With great weather all year round, Gran Canaria is a great tourist desination and somewhere you can work all year round if you are a member of the EC or have a visa to work in Europe. What Type of Work is There? If you are willing to accept a bar job in Gran Canaria .....
- Gluten Free Grilled Lettuce with Goat Cheese RecipeThis grilled lettuce with goat cheese is a delicious starter recipe and is ideal for people who can’t eat gluten. This might be a simple recipe but it tastes really good. You might not have cooked lettuce before but it is perfect in this delicious gluten free recipe. Grilled Lettuce with Goat Cheese: Uh, Cooked Lettuce – Really? Yes, you really can cook lettuce and not end up with a watery mess in the pan. That does not apply to all lettuce though and you will need to choose something which holds its shape quite well like Little Gem or Romaine. The lettuce just needs to be heated up and crisped on the surface touching the pan. .....
- Gourmet Potato Salad with WalnutsPotato salad is always good, but what if you are in the mood for an elegant gourmet potato salad with walnuts rather than the comfort food style? The following recipe shows you how to add a gourmet twist to this all-American classic recipe, making it perfect for any special occasion. Potato salad offers not only delicious flavors but also a softness in the mouth, and it is this soft texture that we love. This gourmet potato salad with walnuts recipe features walnuts however, to add an unusual crunch to the dish. You will love how well the sherry vinegar and walnut oil combine, as well as how the other flavors work so nicely in the dish. .....
- Traditional Recipe for Cornish PastiesOne of the most famous dishes to come from Cornwall, England (well apart from tea and scones of course) is the Cornish pasty. This delicious snack can be enjoyed hot, warm or chilled, and the beef and vegetable filling complements the flaky pastry perfectly. Knowing the traditional recipe for Cornish pasties means you can prepare this delicacy for your family at home. Traditional Recipe for Cornish Pasties Dough We are making the pastry for our Cornish pasty (pronounced PAH-stee) recipe as well as preparing the filling. For the pastry you will need flour, butter, egg yolks, salt and baking powder. It helps to have a food processor to prepare .....
- Finding the Best Blue Kitchen AccessoriesBlue kitchen accessories have become a popular way to enhance your kitchen and make it look and feel appealing, a room you want to spend more time in. As people have begun to be more adventurous with their color schemes, blue is a popular addition to every kitchen although you do need to ensure that the shade of blue that you use is neither too pale nor too dark. Your kitchen will be a room in which you spend many hours throughout the day so it definitely needs to be inviting and never have a ‘cold’ feel. You can get the perfect balance with blue kitchen accessories rather than having everything blue in that room. Accessorizing .....
- Easy Wonton Recipes with PorkWontons are great when served as a snack or appetizer and if you have only ever eaten meat ones in a Chinese restaurant or had them from a takeout, you really are in store for a treat when you make your own easy wonton recipes with pork. Any home cook will be able to manage this recipe without too much effort although, like with most dishes, the more you make these, the easier the process will seem to become. Different Cooking Methods for Easy Wonton Recipes with Pork Deep-fry them for crispy, crunchy snacks, or steam or simmer them for a softer result. You could even poach them in your favorite broth for a wonderfully warming lunch or .....
- Crack Slaw with Chicken and Red OnionChicken is a nice meat to use if you want to enjoy that classic crackslaw flavor but limit the amount of calories. Of course beef is tasty but it is high in calories so if you are counting those too, or at least keeping an eye on your red meat intake, you might like to consider using chicken instead. This crack slaw with chicken recipe is simple to prepare and you will love the flavor. This recipe is made with chicken breast, which is a lean part of the bird, but is still flavorful and will soak up the lovely Asian seasonings used in the recipe. Delicious Chicken CrackslawThe following recipe makes use of mushrooms, red onion, carrot and .....
- Beef Wontons with Cabbage and GingerTry out these beef wontons with cabbage and ginger if you want to rustle up something delicious that you can make in bulk and freeze too. These are healthier than pork wontons and they freeze really well. This is a very simple wonton recipe so it is ideal for beginners. Use extra lean beef if you are watching your fat intake. Once they are cooked you can serve them or freeze them in a well-labeled plastic bag. You can cook them from frozen so you don’t need to thaw them the night before you want to cook them. Because they freeze so well it’s worth making a batch of these delicious beef wontons! Beef, ginger and Napa cabbage combine to make .....
- Low Carb Tortilla PizzaThis low carb tortilla pizza is incredibly good and it takes about 10 minutes to make and the same again to cook. Whether or not you have made pizza before, you will find this low carb tortilla pizza incredibly simple, and the sky is the limit as far as toppings are concerned. Use a low-carb tortilla to make your pizza. I recommend the Mama Lupe ones because they’re so good and only 3 carbs (and 60 calories) each. And they are the closest in flavor to regular tortillas. I also tried the La Tortilla brand for my low carb tortilla pizza because those are only 50 calories each but… nope not as good as the Mama Lupe ones. This low .....