Chicken Thighs with Apricot and Cumin
This easy chicken recipe is suitable for any occasion. Chicken thighs are used here, because they are more moist and succulent, not to mention more flavorful, than chicken breast, which can dry out more easily. Chicken thighs with apricot and cumin make a delicious dinner for the whole family. Why not try this recipe tonight?
As well as the chicken, you will be adding garlic and onion for a nice base flavor, as well as cumin and coriander for taste, carrot and fennel for crunch and color, and of course chopped apricots for a lovely, fruity flavor.
Look at the recipe and you will see how simple this is to make, so if you were looking for an easy chicken thigh dish, perhaps this one will tick all the boxes.
Feel free to make any changes you need, such as swapping the fennel for bell pepper or using vegetable stock rather than chicken stock if you want to. This is nice served with rice or mashed potatoes, or you could offer noodles on the side.
Because of the Moroccan flavors in this chicken thighs with apricot and cumin recipe, you might want to serve it with couscous or bulgur wheat, other grain options. Quinoa is yet another idea.
Chicken Thighs with Apricot and Cumin: Combining Fruit with Chicken
A lot of dishes with chicken include fruit, and that might be apple, pineapple, peach or apricot, depending on the dish you are making. Chicken is a versatile meal and it suits any of these flavors. Some fruity chicken dishes include nuts too so you have some crunch in there.
- 4 skinned chicken thighs
- 1 sliced onion
- 2 crushed cloves of garlic
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 5 fl oz (150 ml) chicken stock
- 1 thinly sliced carrot
- 1 chopped bulb fennel
- 5⅓ oz (150g) quartered apricots
- Salt, pepper and spray oil
- Heat the oil and fry the chicken 5-10 minutes until golden brown all over.
- Remove it from the pan.
- Add more oil if needed then add the onion and garlic and brown.
- Stir well then cover and simmer 5 minutes more.
- Add the apricots and stir gently.
- Simmer 5 more minutes.
- If there is too much liquid, boil to reduce before adding the apricots.
- Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
If you enjoy adding fruit as aromatic spices to your chicken, you might like to find out more about Moroccan cuisine. This is one of the most delicious cuisines of all, and you will certainly pick up some ideas from this video.
Some More Hot Content For You
- Creamy Rich Butternut Squash SoupA nice rich butternut squash soup is a lovely option for the chillier months. There are plenty of things you can do with this naturally sweet vegetable though, not just soup. Try stuffing it with risotto or pilaf, cubing it and adding it to your next stew or curry, pureeing it to make a change from mashed potatoes, or using it to make a wonderful winter warmer of a soup. You can tinker with the rich butternut squash soup, adding more ingredients if you want. Some people like to swap half the butternut squash for pumpkin or potatoes, or even carrots. Doing this will change the flavor slightly and the color of the finished soup. Adding .....
- Buffalo CrackslawThis is a video for you to watch and wow, this buffalo crackslaw recipe looks so good! The chef uses the main crackslaw recipe, but watching him cook is a sheer delight. If you want to make something different, consider this recipe and you will find it easy to stick to your low carb diet and not feel deprived whatsoever. Mmm, you can almost smell this through your monitor. If you are new to making this dish then watching someone else cook it first is always handy. There is nothing difficult about making buffalo slaw but you might be curious about preparing the ingredients, cooking the mixture in the pan, or even what the dish should be .....
- Cauliflower Nasi Goreng – Low CarbThis cauliflower nasi goreng – low carb and tasty – might well earn a place on your regular meal rotation. It’s just so special! Nasi goreng is a delicious dish from Indonesia, which I’ve enjoyed plenty of times since moving to the Netherlands, since the Dutch are very much into Indonesian foods. Although this is a rice-based dish and you might think no way can that be low carb, swap the rice for cauliflower and it will be! Also, because this is a spicy dish (a dish with spices, not necessary ‘hot’ if you don’t want it to be) you won’t taste the cauliflower. What is Nasi Gorgeng? The name .....
- Thai Corn FrittersThese delicious spicy Thai corn fritters are so quick and simple to put together and they make a tasty appetizer or side dish. All you need to make these is some corn kernels (you can use drained canned corn, or even thawed corn kernels), a little flour and an egg. Then to finish off you just need some minced or finely chopped chili pepper and a little Thai fish sauce. How to Serve Thai Corn Fritters Try these as a side dish or appetizer, or make them as the main dish, perhaps with some tasty salad on the side. You might like to make a batch of Thai appetizers to showcase these, so everyone can try different Thai treats, or else just make .....
- Simple Chicken Enchilada RecipeI love Mexican and Tex-Mex food and enchiladas are right up there with my absolute favorites, so when I first made this simple chicken enchilada recipe, I was hoping for a good result, and I got it! The resulting enchiladas were really good, and the flavors were amazing. I hope you like them as much as we all did. Enchiladas are made by rolling corn tortillas around your chosen filling and then adding a spicy sauce and usually cheese on top. You can fiddle about with this recipe as much as you want because it would be hard to mess it up. Just add your favorite ingredients to the filling and top with your favorite toppings, using as many or .....
- A Guide to Seattle, WashingtonSeattle, Washington is not the capital of Washington state, but it sure is worth a visit and a guide to Seattle, Washington is a handy thing to have. Many people think of Washington as a dreary, rainy place and being the birthplace of grunge music didn’t really help its image much. Seattle can be gloomy in the winter, but spring, summer, and fall are beautiful times to visit and see what the Emerald City has to offer. Spring in Seattle is a fun time in this guide to Seattle, Washington, because everyone is starting to come out of hibernation. One of the great ways to do that is to go visit the Moisture Festival, which is a local comedy and .....
- Easy Cobb Salad RecipeCobb salad is one of my favorite salad recipes, well that and Caesar salad. It is not the quickest salad to make because there is cooking and chopping involved, but the recipe is well worth making because it is so good! I love this easy Cobb salad recipe and make it a lot. Cobb salad is also a low-carb salad recipe. The distinctive look of Cobb salad is really appetizing because the ingredients are arranged in rows. Traditionally, a red wine vinegar dressing is served with Cobb salad, but I like to offer a creamy dressing on the side too, in case anyone wants some of that instead. It is easy to remember the ingredients in this easy Cobb .....
- Traditional Spanish Squid SoupThis is not a stuffed squid recipe like many of our other soup recipes with squid but it is too good not to include on here. Oh yes, Spanish squid soup is one of the best soups I know, and it’s worth learning the recipe. The recipe features squid of course, and also potatoes, onion and tomato. Aromatic flavor comes from the chilies, thyme, garlic and balsamic vinegar. The green beans are optional but they look attractively colorful so if you want to use them then just throw them in after topping and tailing them. The Spanish squid soup recipe is very simple to prepare. Once all the ingredients are in there you need to let it simmer for .....
- Vegan Squash Crostini RecipeThis is a delicious vegan dip which sits on crispy crostini. This vegan squash crostini recipe is a great appetizer for vegans and you can use sweet potato instead of squash if you prefer. You don’t have to be a vegan to enjoy this lovely vegan recipe, and if you are having a mixed crowd (ie some vegans and some veggies and others who are carnivores) this is a nice offering because it’s suitable for everyone. What is Crostini? Before you make this vegan squash crostini recipe you might like to know more about the dish. Crostini means toasted bread, and of course the Italian word sounds much more elegant. It can be topped with .....
- Authentic Malaysian Popiah RecipeThis is such a great Malaysian popiah recipe! Popiah, which literally means ‘thin wafer’ is like an egg roll, or spring roll, and this is common street food in Malaysia, but also found in Taiwan, Medan and Singapore. Shredded vegetables are always found in them, but some also contain shrimp, meat or egg. A Malaysian popiah recipe is a Chinese dish in origin, coming from the Fujian province of China. These little snacks are easy to make. Simply get yourself a package of popiah wrappers (spring roll or egg roll wrappers are fine) and julienne-cut your vegetables. A little salt and pepper is all we are using here for the seasoning .....