Chicken Thighs with Apricot and Cumin
This easy chicken recipe is suitable for any occasion. Chicken thighs are used here, because they are more moist and succulent, not to mention more flavorful, than chicken breast, which can dry out more easily. Chicken thighs with apricot and cumin make a delicious dinner for the whole family. Why not try this recipe tonight?
As well as the chicken, you will be adding garlic and onion for a nice base flavor, as well as cumin and coriander for taste, carrot and fennel for crunch and color, and of course chopped apricots for a lovely, fruity flavor.
Look at the recipe and you will see how simple this is to make, so if you were looking for an easy chicken thigh dish, perhaps this one will tick all the boxes.
Feel free to make any changes you need, such as swapping the fennel for bell pepper or using vegetable stock rather than chicken stock if you want to. This is nice served with rice or mashed potatoes, or you could offer noodles on the side.
Because of the Moroccan flavors in this chicken thighs with apricot and cumin recipe, you might want to serve it with couscous or bulgur wheat, other grain options. Quinoa is yet another idea.
Chicken Thighs with Apricot and Cumin: Combining Fruit with Chicken
A lot of dishes with chicken include fruit, and that might be apple, pineapple, peach or apricot, depending on the dish you are making. Chicken is a versatile meal and it suits any of these flavors. Some fruity chicken dishes include nuts too so you have some crunch in there.
- 4 skinned chicken thighs
- 1 sliced onion
- 2 crushed cloves of garlic
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 5 fl oz (150 ml) chicken stock
- 1 thinly sliced carrot
- 1 chopped bulb fennel
- 5⅓ oz (150g) quartered apricots
- Salt, pepper and spray oil
- Heat the oil and fry the chicken 5-10 minutes until golden brown all over.
- Remove it from the pan.
- Add more oil if needed then add the onion and garlic and brown.
- Stir well then cover and simmer 5 minutes more.
- Add the apricots and stir gently.
- Simmer 5 more minutes.
- If there is too much liquid, boil to reduce before adding the apricots.
- Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
If you enjoy adding fruit as aromatic spices to your chicken, you might like to find out more about Moroccan cuisine. This is one of the most delicious cuisines of all, and you will certainly pick up some ideas from this video.
Some More Hot Content For You
- Tom Kha Gai Soup Recipe | Quick and EasyThis delicious Thai tom kha gai soup recipe is made with 10 ingredients only plus a few optional extras for serving. We are using chicken and mushrooms to make this, along with typical Thai ingredients like galangal, lemongrass, lime, coriander, coconut, fish sauce and palm sugar to make it. This is a tasty, filling Thai chicken soup recipe and it’s also therapeutic if you’re under the weather or suffering from a cold or the flu. The chicken and vegetables are nourishing while the steam from the soup helps with decongestion. As for the garnish, we like to present this traditional tom kha gai soup recipe with cilantro, chilies, .....
- Old Bay Shrimp and Apple SaladThis Old Bay shrimp and apple salad is a gorgeous recipe. It looks really nice served in little glasses with edible flowers as a garnish, but it can also be served over lettuce or baby salad leaves if you prefer. This Old Bay shrimp and apple salad is a nice way to begin any kind of meal, and it is especially good during the summer when you don’t want to cook. We are using shrimp, and you can use little ones or chop larger ones. Make sure they are peeled and deveined first. Canned or thawed shrimp are fine here. You will also need some red apple and onion for crunch. The dressing for our Old Bay shrimp and apple salad is made with .....
- Roasted Rainbow CarrotsWhen I first spotted rainbow carrots at the market, I was intrigued. What would they taste like? Would the different colors have different flavors? I just had to buy them and find out for myself, and honestly I was really pleased with the result of my roasted rainbow carrots recipe! Of course there are different ways to cook carrots, perhaps the worst way being roughly chopping them and boiling them to mush. I recommend roasting the carrots for the very best results. They will take a while to become tender because they are quite dense. But allow sufficient time and your result will be a wonderful side dish which is as healthy as it is tasty. .....
- What is a Yeast InfectionSo, what is a yeast infection? A lot of people ask that every day. A yeast infection is an incredibly common medical condition that can affect people of all ages, gender and background. This problem occurs when the yeast within your body begins to multiply far too quickly and spreads throughout your body. Thrush is classified as a yeast infection, however, this form of infection is commonly found in the mouth. The Candida yeast will colonize the mouth, which creates the painful lesions and creamy discharge that you will experience. You will find that the thick coating resembles cottage cheese, and will affect your tongue and roof of your .....
- Best Julienne PeelersEveryone needs one of the best julienne peelers in their kitchen drawer in 2017! One of these little gadgets will glide effortlessly over your vegetables to peel them or give you matchstick-thin pieces or little strips. Use these for making coleslaw, for prepping veggies for a salad or for making matching shapes for another use. You can also stir-fry or saute them and they cook very quickly when they are cut so finely. When reading reviews for these the main thing is how well the device in question works, and also how easy it is to use. There are different ones to choose from and whichever one you choose depends how often you plan to use it .....
- Low Carb Tortilla PizzaThis low carb tortilla pizza is incredibly good and it takes about 10 minutes to make and the same again to cook. Whether or not you have made pizza before, you will find this low carb tortilla pizza incredibly simple, and the sky is the limit as far as toppings are concerned. Use a low-carb tortilla to make your pizza. I recommend the Mama Lupe ones because they’re so good and only 3 carbs (and 60 calories) each. And they are the closest in flavor to regular tortillas. I also tried the La Tortilla brand for my low carb tortilla pizza because those are only 50 calories each but… nope not as good as the Mama Lupe ones. This low .....
- Top Tips for Gorgeous FoodStarters are supposed to make people want to tuck into them, so choosing a nice garnish as well as the best recipes is important. Learn some top tips for gorgeous food and find out how to present the most gorgeous looking dishes imaginable. You can even serve something basic like raw broccoli and carrot pieces with a dip in style. Make sure you only use perfect crudites and make them all the same size. Present the dip in a nice bowl and arrange the crudites around the outside. You can make any meal look good, even if it is something quite plain and not colorful. That’s what tips for gorgeous food are all about. Take meatballs for .....
- Lightly Spiced Pumpkin SoupPumpkin soup is a real favorite in this household but I never buy it, I always make it! There are two main ways to prepare this soup – leaning either towards the savory or towards the sweet. This lightly spiced pumpkin soup appeals to anyone who loves pumpkin and is neither too savory nor too sweet. Personally I like my pumpkin soup sweet although I add savory ingredients to it such as onion and garlic. Although roasting the pumpkin first is something most people do, if you are in a rush, you could just add it to the pot and let it simmer in the stock until tender. The flavor will not be that different. But if you want the best .....
- Easy Spaghetti CarbonaraThis is a classic Italian dish made with spaghetti, bacon and eggs. There are different variations – some people add cream or cream cheese, some will add parsley or another herb, and others will use whole wheat spaghetti over white spaghetti. However you prefer it, an easy spaghetti carbonara recipe is well worth adding to your culinary repertoire. The following recipe is really simple, even if you are a newbie in the kitchen, and the flavor is amazing. This is good served with mixed salad leaves dressed with vinaigrette. Learning how to make spaghetti carbonara is a great idea if you want to serve something impressive but only have 2 .....
- Easy Soba SaladI love all kinds of noodles but soba noodles are my favorite. The word ‘soba’ means ‘buckwheat’ in Japanese and it also refers to thin, buckwheat noodles. In Japan the word refers to any thin noodles. These can be served hot or cold, with a dipping sauce or in soup or you could make an easy soba salad. Buckwheat can be harvested 4 times a year because it takes 3 months to reach maturity and be ready for harvesting. Soba noodles are sold at railway stations in Japan, and they also feature on the menus in high-end restaurants, making them a versatile component in a variety of dishes, not just easy soba salad recipes. .....