Easy Chinese Chicken Stir Fry
This easy Chinese chicken stir fry is the simplest Chinese recipe ever, and once you make it you will certainly want to make it again and again. We are using chicken and vegetables, along with a flavorful sauce, and this makes a wonderful dinner served with rice, noodles or your favorite Asian side dish.
You will need skinless, boneless chicken breast to make this easy Chinese chicken stir fry, along with vegetables (either snow peas and water chestnuts or carrots, or anything else you like, such as mushrooms, bamboo shoots, broccoli or bell pepper).
The sauce for the easy Chinese chicken stir fry is up to you. I like to combine 2 tablespoons of hoisin sauce with a tablespoon each of soy sauce and oyster sauce, but use whatever you had. Perhaps you want to use another kind of Chinese cooking sauce or simply add a splash of teriyaki, a splash of soy sauce and a few roasted sesame seeds. You can really go to town and get creative here because anything goes.
Easy Chinese Chicken Stir Fry is So Simple
This recipe is a good starting point if you are not used to making Chinese recipes, because it is really simple. You will need either a wok or a nonstick skillet. Put a tablespoon of oil in there and heat it up until it is nearly smoking or just beginning to smoke. Meanwhile toss your chicken in cornstarch and cut your vegetables.
When the oil is ready it is time to add the chicken and then use a wooden or silicon spatula to keep it moving. The art of stir-frying is keeping the ingredients moving in the wok so they cook fast and evenly, as well as ensuring you have everything cut thinly to maximize surface space. This also helps the ingredients cook fast in this easy Chinese chicken stir fry recipe.
- 1 lb (450g) chopped skinless chicken breast
- 4 oz (115g) trimmed, de-stringed snow peas
- 2 oz (60g) sliced water chestnuts or matchstick-cut carrots
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 16 cashews (optional)
- Splash of soy sauce (optional)
- Pinch of white sugar or sweetener (optional)
- 4 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce plus 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce and 1 tablespoon each oyster sauce and Asian chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce and 1 tablespoon each oyster sauce and soy sauce
- Toss the chicken in the cornstarch and salt.
- Heat the oil in a wok or skillet until nearly smoking.
- Add the chicken and sauté for 2 minutes or until almost cooked through.
- Add the vegetables, sauce of choice and nuts, soy sauce and/or sugar if using.
- Stir-fry for 1 or 2 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are coated in sauce.
- Serve with rice or noodles, if liked.
Some More Hot Content For You
- Middle Eastern Shakshuka RecipeShakshuka is a Middle Eastern tomato, bell pepper and egg dish. Sometimes it is spelt shakshouka. This Middle Eastern shakshuka recipe actually originated in Northern Africa and there are many different variations on the basic theme. The feta cheese is not a traditional ingredient, for example, but I love to add it because the creamy tang goes so well with the dish. Leave it out if you prefer though. How to Serve a Middle Eastern Shakshuka Recipe It is often served for breakfast in Israel with challah or pita on the side. The dish is also good for brunch or lunch. I like it with pita bread, homemade hummus and other Middle .....
- Hot and Sour Soup – Chinese StyleHot and sour soup Chinese style is always good. It is sure to warm you up when you are feeling chilly, it offers a true Asian flavor in every sip, and it makes a lovely appetizer. There are different styles of hot and sour soup recipes to choose from, ranging from Chinese to Thai, from mild and aromatic to fiery hot. I love them all, or at least I love trying them all. Sometimes they are just that little bit too spicy for me! The good thing about making your own versions of hot and sour soup Chinese style though are that you can add as little or as much spice as you like. The following hot and sour soup Chinese style recipe makes a delicious .....
- How to Get a Job in Gran Canaria and Live ThereSo you’re interested in working in sunny Gran Canaria? I have plenty of handy information to share with you about moving to Gran Canaria, living there and working there, so read on! Whether you want a job in Gran Canaria or you’re just curious, I can share my experiences with you. Gran Canaria is one of the Canary Islands and is situated off the coast of North Africa. With great weather all year round, Gran Canaria is a great tourist desination and somewhere you can work all year round if you are a member of the EC or have a visa to work in Europe. What Type of Work is There? If you are willing to accept a bar job in Gran Canaria .....
- Walden Farms Calorie-Free Food ReviewFlavorful Items to Complement Your Diet This calorie free food is for anyone looking for items which do not contain calories, carbohydrates, fat or sugar. Doesn’t that sound exciting! Their range includes fruit spreads, regular and flavored mayo, pouring syrups, salad dressings, pasta sauces, whipped peanut spreads, dips for chips or fruit, condiments, and more. Carb-Free Too These products contain no carbs either, so you can enjoy as much as you want. But what do these calorie free food products actually taste like? I have bought a selection of them recently, to try them out for myself, and I have to say some are better than others......
- Very Low Carb Bread RecipeThere is low carb bread and there is this very low carb bread recipe. If you’ve been doing Atkins or low carbing for a while, you will have tried some of the more ‘eggy’ or ‘dense’ breads and while they are passable (just!) they aren’t exactly a good bread substitute. Some low carbers will forgo the bread entirely, choosing to wrap their burger or sandwich in a large lettuce leaf instead and while there is nothing wrong with that, sometimes it’s nice to have something a bit chewier and more bready, even if it isn’t going to be that high-carb processed stuff you used to eat before. There are .....
- Easy Bobotie Recipe | South African Meat DishThis easy bobotie recipe can be made with your choice of ground beef or lamb. A combination would also work. The dish is popular in South Africa. It is comparable to meatloaf or lasagna, but it is spiced and the topping is a savory egg-based custard. I’ve made it several times and always love how the gently spiced meat layer contrasts with the rich and creamy topping. Served with yellow rice and/or a fresh green salad, this dish is something that never gets old. I like to make extra because it heats up well the following day for lunch. If you’ve made meatloaf, lasagna or a similar ground meat dish, you will recognize several .....
- How to Griddle Steak Like a ProSteak is one of the most popular cuts of meat but unfortunately a lot of people are rather clueless about how to transform a raw steak into something flavorful, tender and perfectly cooked. Perhaps it is your first time cooking steak or maybe you are keen to find out some griddle tips, because this ridged pan is so handy in the kitchen. Either way, read on for my foolproof recipe and learn how to griddle steak like a pro every time you make it. Barbecuing is one of the best ways to cook this cut of meat, because you can’t beat the lovely smoky flavor, but what happens if you can’t barbecue and you don’t want to pan-fry? The .....
- The Best Casserole Dishes to BuyAlthough it can be nice to have casseroles in many shapes, sizes and colors, that is not always practical. That is, unless you have a huge budget and a lot of storage spare. Instead it makes more sense to figure out what type of casserole you need, the brand you prefer, and the size and shape you want. Also consider the material the dish is going to be made of. Then you can get the best casserole dishes for your household. You might want to start off with one casserole dish, or you might like to invest in a set. Perhaps your favorite casserole broke and you are shopping for a replacement, in which case you will find you have more choice .....
- How to Make Rice SaladLearning how to make rice salad is very easy and there are so many different ways you can prepare this delicious dish. Rice salad is perfect for lunch or as part of a buffet, and you can also serve it alongside steak or with chicken or fish. Absolutely anyone can make rice salad recipes and once you are familiar with the recipe you can experiment with other ingredients to make the dish taste different. How to Make Rice Salad: Simple Yet Perfect There are not many steps you need to make this dish, which is why it is so simple. If you enjoy being creative in the kitchen you will love making it because you can be imaginative with what goes into .....
- Easy Cobb Salad RecipeCobb salad is one of my favorite salad recipes, well that and Caesar salad. It is not the quickest salad to make because there is cooking and chopping involved, but the recipe is well worth making because it is so good! I love this easy Cobb salad recipe and make it a lot. Cobb salad is also a low-carb salad recipe. The distinctive look of Cobb salad is really appetizing because the ingredients are arranged in rows. Traditionally, a red wine vinegar dressing is served with Cobb salad, but I like to offer a creamy dressing on the side too, in case anyone wants some of that instead. It is easy to remember the ingredients in this easy Cobb .....