Easy Chinese Chicken Stir Fry
This easy Chinese chicken stir fry is the simplest Chinese recipe ever, and once you make it you will certainly want to make it again and again. We are using chicken and vegetables, along with a flavorful sauce, and this makes a wonderful dinner served with rice, noodles or your favorite Asian side dish.
You will need skinless, boneless chicken breast to make this easy Chinese chicken stir fry, along with vegetables (either snow peas and water chestnuts or carrots, or anything else you like, such as mushrooms, bamboo shoots, broccoli or bell pepper).
The sauce for the easy Chinese chicken stir fry is up to you. I like to combine 2 tablespoons of hoisin sauce with a tablespoon each of soy sauce and oyster sauce, but use whatever you had. Perhaps you want to use another kind of Chinese cooking sauce or simply add a splash of teriyaki, a splash of soy sauce and a few roasted sesame seeds. You can really go to town and get creative here because anything goes.
Easy Chinese Chicken Stir Fry is So Simple
This recipe is a good starting point if you are not used to making Chinese recipes, because it is really simple. You will need either a wok or a nonstick skillet. Put a tablespoon of oil in there and heat it up until it is nearly smoking or just beginning to smoke. Meanwhile toss your chicken in cornstarch and cut your vegetables.
When the oil is ready it is time to add the chicken and then use a wooden or silicon spatula to keep it moving. The art of stir-frying is keeping the ingredients moving in the wok so they cook fast and evenly, as well as ensuring you have everything cut thinly to maximize surface space. This also helps the ingredients cook fast in this easy Chinese chicken stir fry recipe.
- 1 lb (450g) chopped skinless chicken breast
- 4 oz (115g) trimmed, de-stringed snow peas
- 2 oz (60g) sliced water chestnuts or matchstick-cut carrots
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 16 cashews (optional)
- Splash of soy sauce (optional)
- Pinch of white sugar or sweetener (optional)
- 4 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce plus 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce and 1 tablespoon each oyster sauce and Asian chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce and 1 tablespoon each oyster sauce and soy sauce
- Toss the chicken in the cornstarch and salt.
- Heat the oil in a wok or skillet until nearly smoking.
- Add the chicken and sauté for 2 minutes or until almost cooked through.
- Add the vegetables, sauce of choice and nuts, soy sauce and/or sugar if using.
- Stir-fry for 1 or 2 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are coated in sauce.
- Serve with rice or noodles, if liked.
Some More Hot Content For You
- Beef and Carrot CrackslawCarrots have more carbs than a lot of other vegetables, so you would not want to make this beef and carrot crackslaw recipe on Atkins Induction, for example, but if you like the sweetness of carrots, then perhaps you will love this recipe, because the carrots are particularly nice with the beef, onions and Chinese seasonings. This crack slaw recipe is full of flavor. To cut some of the carbs, if you want to do that, swap half the carrots for shredded cabbage, or else you might like to throw in some mushrooms (Chinese mushrooms or just button ones) if you prefer. Which Order to Cook the Ingredients In Although you can make this beef and .....
- Chorizo Stuffed SquidThis chorizo stuffed squid recipe really is good. The baby squid are stuffed with chorizo to make this Spanish inspired chorizo stuffed squid meal. The end result is simply amazing. Whether or not you have cooked squid before, you are sure to find this a relatively easy recipe to follow and get right. Chorizo Stuffed Squid: Hmm, Fish and Meat Together? Although using chorizo and squid in the same recipe sounds odd, it really is good and the chorizo adds a beautiful salty finish to the seafood. Have you ever tried bacon-wrapped fish or prosciutto-wrapped shrimp? Seriously, pork and fish do go together really well. I wasn’t convinced but .....
- How to Cook Fresh MusselsLearn how to cook fresh mussels and you will be able to prepare this delicious seafood whenever you’re in the mood. Mussels can be purchased or you can pick your own, depending of course where you live. If you are collecting your own then ensure the water is unpolluted. Mussels are nicer during the colder months which are not in the breeding season. If you are shopping for them, then shop around and choose ones with tightly closed shells. When cooked, you will want juicy, plump flesh and the taste of the sea. Mussels are white if male and orange if female, so color does not indicate freshness. Knowing how to cook fresh mussels means .....
- Japanese Chicken CrackslawCrackslaw is usually made with Chinese ingredients but add some Teriyaki sauce and you get a sweeter result which also has a distinct Japanese flair. Whether you are counting your carbs or simply looking for something really tasty, this Japanese chicken crackslaw recipe is a real winner. Perhaps you have made the classic crack slaw recipe before and you wonder what a similar dish but made with slightly different flavors would taste like, in which case try this recipe for a change of pace. You may use canned or fresh chicken. It should be cooked before adding it to the recipe, so this is a great dish to make if you have leftover chicken to .....
- Chunky Vegetable Stew with Potato RostiNothing beats a stew on a chilly day, and even if you do not eat meat or chicken, you can still make the most wonderful flavored chunky vegetable stew with potato rosti. This dish is made with vegetables instead of meat so it is also nutritious. The onion and garlic are fried first, just to turn them golden brown and bring out their wonderful aromas, then all the other ingredients go into the pot and the stew really starts to take shape. The seasonings for the chunky vegetable stew with potato rosti are cumin and orange juice, and then of course you have the garlic taste. This might not sound like much but don’t forget how great the .....
- Folding Bikes ReviewA folding bike will fold into a compact form when not being used, which makes both storage and transportation easier. Fold the bike after using it and it can be carried into your apartment easily or stored in your car. You can also transport a folding bicycle on a plane or boat. Find out which one is the best for you by reading a folding bikes review and prepare to enjoy your new ride. The folding mechanisms for such bikes vary and each kind of mechanism differs, so it pays to examine the different kinds available and consider such things as how many parts the bike comes in, the folding ease and speed, how compact the bike is, how much it .....
- Roasted Rainbow CarrotsWhen I first spotted rainbow carrots at the market, I was intrigued. What would they taste like? Would the different colors have different flavors? I just had to buy them and find out for myself, and honestly I was really pleased with the result of my roasted rainbow carrots recipe! Of course there are different ways to cook carrots, perhaps the worst way being roughly chopping them and boiling them to mush. I recommend roasting the carrots for the very best results. They will take a while to become tender because they are quite dense. But allow sufficient time and your result will be a wonderful side dish which is as healthy as it is tasty. .....
- Why White Noise Helps You SleepSome people find it hard to fall asleep without a fan whirring while others find the sound of a blow dryer or washing machine soothing. But how come making more noise can help with sleep? Isn’t a silent room the most conducive to getting a good night’s rest? Actually that isn’t always the case, and some people even buy white noise machines or download white noise apps to ensure they get to sleep quickly and easily, and stay asleep until morning. A lot of people have hear it works but don’t know exactly why white noise helps you sleep. What is White Noise? This consistent sound comes out across all audible frequencies .....
- Best Halloween Costumes EverIdeas for Witty Halloween Costumes Funny Halloween costumes may seem a strange choice but they can often make the biggest impact at the party. Not everyone wants to be a regular zombie or ghost, so maybe you are looking out for the best Halloween costumes to wow everyone on this special night. Therefore, choosing a costume which is amusing will ensure that you represent your personality, and dress up as something different this year. Not only will you get a laugh for your clever costume, but also for turning up as something totally unexpected at the Halloween event you are going to. Thinking out of the Box and Appealing to Everyone You have .....
- Traditional Spanish Squid SoupThis is not a stuffed squid recipe like many of our other soup recipes with squid but it is too good not to include on here. Oh yes, Spanish squid soup is one of the best soups I know, and it’s worth learning the recipe. The recipe features squid of course, and also potatoes, onion and tomato. Aromatic flavor comes from the chilies, thyme, garlic and balsamic vinegar. The green beans are optional but they look attractively colorful so if you want to use them then just throw them in after topping and tailing them. The Spanish squid soup recipe is very simple to prepare. Once all the ingredients are in there you need to let it simmer for .....