How to Create Your Own Curry Recipe
This is a 4-step guide to making curry, and you can make it as mild or as spicy as you wish. Follow the steps learning how to create your own curry recipe and you will end up with the most delicious dish. There is nothing to worry about when making such a dish and it is best to get creative. So read through this to find out the 4 stages of curry making, then get yourself into the kitchen and prepare something wonderful – no need to follow any recipe to the letter!
Step 1 in this how to create your own curry guide is all about softening any dense ingredients which will take a long time to tenderize. If you are using tough cuts of meat then you can also par-cook those in another pan.
Step 2 in our how to create your own curry guide is about getting the initial flavor of your curry ready and you may choose from any of the spices or seasonings or just use a tablespoon or two of ready-made curry paste if you prefer.
How Much of Each Ingredient
When learning how to create your own curry, remember there are no quantities because you should go by taste. Add a little of something and taste. Add a little of something else and taste now. Remember you can always add more of the hot stuff later. It’s harder to make it less spicy (although possible by adding a pinch of sugar or some other non-spicy tastes) than to up the spice, so don’t just throw in a load of curry powder or chilies and then think… wooooah! Take it easy and add things bit by bit.
In step 3 of our how to create your own curry guide, we are adding the ingredients with a shorter cooking time than in step 1, so this is where your beans, mushrooms, onions and other softer ingredients go into the pot, as well as any fruit.
I like to add a banana at this point too because it ‘melts’ into the curry and gives it a sweet flavor.
How to Create your own Curry: The Final Touches
Step 4 in this how to create your own curry recipe is the finishing touches and where you should taste the curry and see whether anything is lacking.
This might seem like an unusual way of making a curry, or making any dish for that matter, but you should trust yourself to get the measurements and quantities right, and you aren’t going to ‘ruin’ the curry by adding a little more of this or a bit more of that. Just enjoy the experience and let your imagination guide you to try blending new flavors.
Once you have made a curry in this way you will be keen to try new flavors. I usually make mine in a pot but you can use a large skillet if you prefer.
You can even use a crockpot but if you are going that route then just dump all the ingredients in there and cook the curry on LOW for about 8 hours. Anything which doesn’t require cooking or which doesn’t do well in the slow cooker (fresh herbs, eggs or any kind of fat) can be omitted or added at the end.
How to Create Your Own Recipes
There are various methods you can use to create recipes. Most people learn to cook either from their mother or other family members or from cookbooks but different cooks have different styles. Learn how to create your own curry and you will be able to use that knowledge to create other recipes.
Some people stick rigidly to a recipe, following every step and worrying if they are missing one of the ingredients, even if it is a minor one. Other home cooks are happy to experiment and don’t even mind the occasional culinary disaster.
How to Create your own Curry: Use Your Existing Knowledge
The key to creating a successful dish is basing the recipe on something you have prior experience with.
That means if you have made successful soup recipes in the past, you are ready to create your own soup, or if you have made your own bread you might like to try a new bread recipe.
If you have never made a pie from scratch in your life, you might prefer to follow a few pie recipes and then you will be better equipped to designing your own recipe for that.
Here we are taking a new approach to cooking, and that is to break each recipe down into 4 (or less, or more) easy steps. It works with learning how to create your own curry and also how to cook other dishes you will want to make step by step.
At each step you will have the choice of which ingredients you are going to add.
That means an almost endless combination of flavors and fine tuning. You can add any of the suggested ingredients, as many of them as you wish, or substitute your own.
How It All Works
Making a curry, for example, might sound hard, but if you break it down into 4 steps you will discover it is easy.
First you fry your garlic, onions and spice mix, then you choose your meat, fish and veggies. Next you will add the sauce ingredients and step 4 is where everything comes together.
Take your pick out of the suggested ingredients in each step and you can be sure of ending up with a winning meal.
Making Curry Like You Get in an Indian Restaurant
The following video gives you a good idea of how to make the ‘base’ for a restaurant-style Indian curry, and once you have mastered that technique you will be able to turn that base into your preferred style of curry, using the ingredients you like, and also adding your favorite herbs, spices and seasonings to bring out all the flavors you wish to experience.
Some More Hot Content For You
- Fried Shrimp Wontons with Water ChestnutsShrimp or prawns are a very popular wonton filling and who can resist a wonton appetizer recipe – crisp wontons stuffed with a juicy shrimp and water chestnut mixture? The following easy fried shrimp wontons with water chestnuts recipe shows you how to make gorgeous little dumplings which taste amazing. Replace the sugar with sweetener if you prefer, or just leave it out. You can make these fried shrimp wontons with water chestnuts as sweet or otherwise as you personally prefer. A touch of sweetness in a wonton recipe appeals to a lot of people but not to everyone. The other flavors – the sesame oil, ginger, chili and soy sauce – also .....
- Healthy Desserts with BananaAlthough fried banana wontons are not the most diet-friendly dessert, they are great for an occasional treat. If you want something a bit healthier, then you could adapt this recipe or make another one. Healthy desserts with banana as one of the ingredients are sure to satisfy your sweet tooth and they’re healthier than a simple carb and sugar confection. Try baking the banana wontons instead of deep-frying them. You will need to spritz a little spray oil on them to get them crispy but baked wontons are also very good. You can serve a sugar-free chocolate sauce or fruit sauce with them. Grilled Banana Recipe Let’s think of some .....
- 4 Budget Hotels in the South of Gran CanariaThere are plenty of great hotels to choose from in Gran Canaria’s sunny south, so if you are in the mood to soak up some sun in Playa del Ingles or Puerto Rico, consider the following budget hotels in Gran Canaria and see which you fancy. Finding your own flights and booking a hotel separately, instead of booking a package, means you get more control over dates and times, as well as how you fly and where you stay. No wonder many people like to book their own flights and accommodation, so they can create the tailor-made holiday of their dreams. Some More Hot Content For You How to Make Vegetable Quiche Perfect Pink Diamond Rings Easy UK .....
- Simple Chicken Enchilada RecipeI love Mexican and Tex-Mex food and enchiladas are right up there with my absolute favorites, so when I first made this simple chicken enchilada recipe, I was hoping for a good result, and I got it! The resulting enchiladas were really good, and the flavors were amazing. I hope you like them as much as we all did. Enchiladas are made by rolling corn tortillas around your chosen filling and then adding a spicy sauce and usually cheese on top. You can fiddle about with this recipe as much as you want because it would be hard to mess it up. Just add your favorite ingredients to the filling and top with your favorite toppings, using as many or .....
- Can You Freeze Wonton Wrappers – Freeze WontonsA lot of people wonder can you freeze wonton wrappers? The answer is yes you can freeze wonton wrappers (and you can also buy them frozen). The problem is if you freeze a pack of 50 wrappers and only want to make 10 wontons, how do you pull them apart? From trial and error, I have found that if you let the package thaw at room temperature until you can peel a few off the top without breaking any, then pop the unused ones back in the freezer, that works well. Alternatively you can thaw them all, make wontons and then freeze the wontons. It all depends on the wonton recipe you want to make, but sometimes if you are taking the trouble to make .....
- How to Make ConsommeA consomme soup is refined and clear. Learn how to make consomme and you will be able to prepare this classic French dish anytime. If you want to make consomme for four people, you will need 2 pints of good quality clear stock, 2 peppercorns, a clove, 2 peeled, seeded, sliced tomatoes, and a chopped celery stalk, carrot and onion. So what’s next if you want to know how to make consomme? Roast some beef shin or even bones with cartilage, or some chicken, then put the meat and bones in the stock with the other ingredients and cook gently for an hour, not stirring the mixture. Sieve the stock and put it in the refrigerator until the clear .....
- Low Carb FishcakesFishcakes make an excellent meal, accompanied by a salad or your choice of vegetables, and they are also ideal for a low carb diet, making a change from the steak or chicken you might be getting tired of. Make these low carb fishcakes because you will love the taste and they don’t taste like diet food at all. A lot of people start low-carbing and over-indulge in the red meat, then wonder what else there is. Repetition can be good because you can stick to the same meals all the time but for some people repetition can be their downfall because they get bored, so add some low carb fishcakes to your meal rotation to keep things .....
- Best Collection of Cheeseball RecipesFind out how to make a delicious cheeseball by combining ingredients like cheese, garlic, cream cheese, nuts, bacon and other ingredients. Cheeseball recipes have been around for decades but they never lose their appeal! So what do you serve with cheeseball recipes? Well they are great for dipping crackers, chips or bread slices and the softer ones are even good with softer ingredients. Take your pick but crackers are my preference. Do You Serve Cheese Balls Chilled or Not? Well you can leave your cheese ball at room temperature to soften it or keep it chilled until serving for extra firmness. But don’t serve it too cold or you .....
- Lancashire Hotpot with BeefThis Lancashire hotpot with beef is a wonderfully warming dinner, and it is so easy to make. Beef (or lamb) and potatoes come together with a red wine based sauce to make this hearty dish. Served with peas or another green vegetable, this makes the perfect cold weather dinner for the whole family to enjoy. Lancashire hotpot with beef leftovers warm up nicely for lunch the next day. As well as the beef and potatoes, we are using carrots (if you like) along with onion, beef stock, red wine, and some thyme to add a nice earthy, herby flavor. This is a good recipe for the cooler months when you crave something that is really going to .....
- Chinese Chicken SaladChinese chicken salad is a tasty, nutritious option and it makes a wonderful lunch. Perhaps you usually have ranch dressing, blue cheese dressing or Italian dressing over mixed leaves and you are getting tired of it. Or it could be you are simply looking for new lunch inspiration. Whichever is the case, this Chinese chicken salad is very simple to prepare and the flavors work wonderfully together. What is Chinese Chicken Salad? You can use a julienne peeler to cut the vegetables into matchstick shapes, or if you don’t have one cut them by hand. We are using romaine and baby leaves in this dish too, along with grilled chicken, edamame .....