Tandoori Chicken in the Oven
This wonderful recipe for tandoori chicken in the oven is made with chicken pieces. You can use drumsticks, breast halves, leg quarters or chicken thighs, either bone-in or boneless to make tandoori chicken in the oven. The marinade is made with yogurt (use whole or nonfat, as you prefer) along with lemon juice, garlic, chili paste and a variety of aromatic spices, Leave the chicken pieces in the marinade overnight for the best results.
Once the chicken is marinated and you are ready to cook it, get the oven nice and hot, then arrange the chicken on a rack over a roasting pan so all the parts of the chicken are exposed to the heat and so any marinade can drip off and on to the roasting pan underneath.
Tandoori Chicken in the Oven Side Dishes
Our tandoori chicken in the oven recipe goes very nicely with homemade raita (stir some grated cucumber and fresh mint into yogurt), your favorite green salad or green vegetable, and perhaps also some delicious white rice or naan bread. Consider garnishing the finished tandoori chicken in the oven recipe with some slices of raw onion and lemon wedges, or else a sprig of cilantro or parsley instead.
This is a simple recipe to prepare, and as long as you plan ahead, to allow yourself sufficient marinating time, you should really enjoy the results of this tandoori chicken in the oven recipe.
- 1 cup (250ml) plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon finely minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon Thai chili paste with garlic (optional)
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground cayenne
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 12 chicken pieces chicken (drumsticks, boneless or bone-in thighs, breast halves, leg quarters etc)
- Raw white onion slices
- Lemon slices
- First we are making the marinade.
- Stir the yogurt and lemon juice together.
- Stir in the garlic, chili paste (if using), and all the spices until the marinade is smooth and thick.
- Put 6 pieces of chicken in one Ziploc bag and the other 6 in a second bag.
- Divide the marinade between both bags.
- Knead to get the marinade all over the chicken and seal the bags after squeezing out the air.
- Marinate in the refrigerator for 12 to 24 hours, flipping the bags a few times.
- Line a roasting pan with foil and lay a rack over the pan.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Arrange the chicken pieces, not touching, on the rack.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Flip the chicken pieces and bake for another 10 to 15 minutes, or until charred on one side.
- Check for doneness.
- Turn the oven off and let the chicken rest in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Transfer the chicken on to a warmed platter and garnish with lemon wedges and onion slices, if liked.
This book shows you how to make 50 amazing and authentic Indian curries. It is one of the bestselling Indian cook books on Amazon and highly rated so if you want to learn more dishes like our tandoori chicken in the oven, give it a go. Along with the 50 curries there are condiment and side dish recipe such as raita and Indian bread and rice dishes, and then you have a 60 page introduction about Indian ingredients.
Choose from lamb, chicken , fish, vegetarian or seafood curries. Each recipe has a photo so you can get a good idea of what the dish is going to look like, and most of the recipes are mild to medium in flavor, although of course you may tweak depending on your own palate.
You will find the recipes closer to British Indian community recipes rather than Americanized Indian food, which is good because you can expect more depth and authenticity. The ingredients you need are also easy to find, although you might need to visit an Asian grocery store or order some online, depending which recipes you are going to make. Whether you are into Indian food or you want to find out more about authentic Indian curry recipes or buy the book as a gift for a cooking friend, you are sure to enjoy this one.
Some More Hot Content For You
- Baked Beef Wontons with Bell PepperThe following recipe shows you how to make baked beef wontons which also contain bell pepper for a colorful finish. Baking wontons is an alternative to frying them if you happen to have the oven on anyway or if you want to trim the fat content. These delicious little morsels make wonderful appetizers and it is up to you what shape you make them – open so you can see the beef and colorful bell pepper filling, or closed so the filling is a surprise. Tips and Tricks for Perfect Baked Beef Wontons You could even make moneybags by pinching the tops closed so they look like moneybags, but most people like to leave these open, so people can .....
- Easy Freekeh SaladBefore you think about making this easy freekeh salad you might be wondering about this grain. What is freekeh, you might be thinking, and that is a very good question because a lot of people have never heard of this particular grain. Freekeh can also be spelt frikeh, and it is known as farik as well. This cereal food is made from green wheat which goes through a roasting process. It is traditional in Arabian cuisine along with North African and some other cuisines. The wheat is harvested while the seeds are soft and the grains are yellow, and then it is sun-dried. Piles of freekeh are set on fire and the straw and chaff burn, leaving the .....
- Microsoft Surface Tablet Review and SpecsMicrosoft’s introduction of the new and exciting surface tablet created a huge amount of attention and some people were skeptical regarding the hype. However, the big question whether this Windows Tablet Surface was worth all of the attention was very quickly answered as this tablet is incredible. Do you want to know more about the Microsoft Surface tablet? If so then read on. Every aspect of the tablet is designed with the user in mind, and close attention to detail has ensured that you will enjoy everything. The design of the surface computer is brilliant and offers a lightweight, incredibly thin, compact device. The cover can be .....
- Create Your Own Wonton FillingsAfter making a number of steamed wonton recipes, there will come a time when you wish to create your own wonton fillings. Although you can use pretty much any kind of meat, poultry or fish in your wonton filling, it is important to grind or chop it as finely as you can. You need your ingredients to be very small for wonton fillings, so you can mix everything together better. Anything which is not cut into small enough pieces means you risk the wonton wrapper coming apart while they’re being cooked and then the filling will leak out which obviously you don’t want to happen. Create Your Own Wonton Fillings: What to Use Throw some .....
- Crunchy Asian Salad with Sesame DressingThis is my current favorite crunch Asian salad with sesame dressing recipe. It contrasts crunchy and soft ingredients and boasts a wonderful Asian flavor in every mouthful. What really finishes it off perfectly is the roasted sesame dressing. I like to use rice noodles for this, although egg noodles would also work, or even thick udon noodles. For the vegetables in this Asian salad with sesame dressing, I like to use edamame beans, grated carrot and radish. You can either thaw some frozen shelled edamame beans or use fresh shelled ones, as you prefer. Buy grated carrot to save time when making an Asian salad with sesame dressing, else you .....
- Easy Winkles RecipeWinkles are little black shellfish that look like snails. They may be enjoyed as part of a seafood platter or fruits de mer, or you can enjoy them as a snack by themselves, or with some bread and butter, as an easy winkles recipe appetizer. You can buy winkles either cooked or live but if you’re shopping for fresh ones (or picking your own) to make an easy winkles recipe, first you should check the smell. Good winkles smell slightly sweet and like the sea. They might move visibly. Live ones need to be rinsed in plenty of cold water before being soaked in salted water for half an hour before you boil them. Very Easy Winkles Recipe Ideas .....
- Cheese Wontons with Homemade Hot SauceThis easy appetizer recipe combines cheese wontons with homemade hot sauce. You could use store-bought hot sauce but where’s the fun in that? Now cheese is certainly not a Chinese staple, which is why it is never seen on the menu in authentic Chinese food restaurants, but wonton skins go so well with cheese that not including a few cheese wontons recipes would be sinful! Yes these cheese wontons with homemade hot sauce do include dairy, which isn’t found in much Chinese cuisine or Asian cuisine in general, but try it and see. It works nicely. Which Cheese to Use This cheese wontons with homemade hot sauce recipe calls for Monterey Jack .....
- Easy Sukiyaki RecipeOne of my favorite Japanese dishes has to be sukiyaki. This is similar to shabu-shabu, and is a hot pot style dish with thinly sliced beef and vegetables in a sweet, tangy sauce. You can also get vegetarian sukiyaki recipes. This versatile and easy sukiyaki recipe is perfect for cool winter evenings, and you can present or even cook it in a pot in the middle of the dinner table. The ingredients are usually dipped into raw, beaten eggs before being eaten, although this is not so prevalent outside Japan. An easy sukiyaki recipe is usually a winter dish in Japan, often served at year-end parties. Thinly sliced beef is usually the meat that goes .....
- How to Give Your Wontons an International FlairJust because wontons are Chinese in origin does not mean you have to stick with the tried and tested Chinese wonton recipes. International wontons are an exercise in experimentation and sometimes this fusion really works! Of course, traditional wonton soup is delicious and Chinese-style fried wontons offer a flavor experience that most people enjoy very much, but you might like to experiment with a different take on the classic wonton recipe. Since wonton skins are made with egg, flour and water, they do not have a lot of flavor. This means you can use any kind of filling and rest assured it will complement the wonton skin flavor. For .....
- Homemade Easy Wonton Recipes for EveryoneEasy wonton recipes should find a place in your meal, or at least appetizer, rotation. Whether you fancy making wonton soup, crunchy fried wontons, sensational steamed wontons or even healthy baked ones, there are plenty of easy wonton recipes for you to choose from. These feature all your favorite ingredients from chicken to duck or pork, nutritious veggies, exciting herbs and spices, and even fruit or cheese. There are wonton recipes for ever season, occasion and palate, and wontons can make amazing comfort food, a well-deserved snack, or even a complete meal. There are homemade easy wonton recipes for everyone to enjoy. Easy Wonton .....