Tandoori Chicken in the Oven
This wonderful recipe for tandoori chicken in the oven is made with chicken pieces. You can use drumsticks, breast halves, leg quarters or chicken thighs, either bone-in or boneless to make tandoori chicken in the oven. The marinade is made with yogurt (use whole or nonfat, as you prefer) along with lemon juice, garlic, chili paste and a variety of aromatic spices, Leave the chicken pieces in the marinade overnight for the best results.
Once the chicken is marinated and you are ready to cook it, get the oven nice and hot, then arrange the chicken on a rack over a roasting pan so all the parts of the chicken are exposed to the heat and so any marinade can drip off and on to the roasting pan underneath.
Tandoori Chicken in the Oven Side Dishes
Our tandoori chicken in the oven recipe goes very nicely with homemade raita (stir some grated cucumber and fresh mint into yogurt), your favorite green salad or green vegetable, and perhaps also some delicious white rice or naan bread. Consider garnishing the finished tandoori chicken in the oven recipe with some slices of raw onion and lemon wedges, or else a sprig of cilantro or parsley instead.
This is a simple recipe to prepare, and as long as you plan ahead, to allow yourself sufficient marinating time, you should really enjoy the results of this tandoori chicken in the oven recipe.
- 1 cup (250ml) plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon finely minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon Thai chili paste with garlic (optional)
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground cayenne
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 12 chicken pieces chicken (drumsticks, boneless or bone-in thighs, breast halves, leg quarters etc)
- Raw white onion slices
- Lemon slices
- First we are making the marinade.
- Stir the yogurt and lemon juice together.
- Stir in the garlic, chili paste (if using), and all the spices until the marinade is smooth and thick.
- Put 6 pieces of chicken in one Ziploc bag and the other 6 in a second bag.
- Divide the marinade between both bags.
- Knead to get the marinade all over the chicken and seal the bags after squeezing out the air.
- Marinate in the refrigerator for 12 to 24 hours, flipping the bags a few times.
- Line a roasting pan with foil and lay a rack over the pan.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Arrange the chicken pieces, not touching, on the rack.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Flip the chicken pieces and bake for another 10 to 15 minutes, or until charred on one side.
- Check for doneness.
- Turn the oven off and let the chicken rest in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Transfer the chicken on to a warmed platter and garnish with lemon wedges and onion slices, if liked.
This book shows you how to make 50 amazing and authentic Indian curries. It is one of the bestselling Indian cook books on Amazon and highly rated so if you want to learn more dishes like our tandoori chicken in the oven, give it a go. Along with the 50 curries there are condiment and side dish recipe such as raita and Indian bread and rice dishes, and then you have a 60 page introduction about Indian ingredients.
Choose from lamb, chicken , fish, vegetarian or seafood curries. Each recipe has a photo so you can get a good idea of what the dish is going to look like, and most of the recipes are mild to medium in flavor, although of course you may tweak depending on your own palate.
You will find the recipes closer to British Indian community recipes rather than Americanized Indian food, which is good because you can expect more depth and authenticity. The ingredients you need are also easy to find, although you might need to visit an Asian grocery store or order some online, depending which recipes you are going to make. Whether you are into Indian food or you want to find out more about authentic Indian curry recipes or buy the book as a gift for a cooking friend, you are sure to enjoy this one.
Some More Hot Content For You
- Lasagna with Ricotta and Italian SausageThis delicious lasagna with ricotta and Italian sausage is a snap to make and it freezes well too if you wrap individual portions in plastic wrap and then aluminum foil. Simply unwrap and reheat any time you want to enjoy this ricotta lasagna again. If you want to use ground beef rather than the Italian sausage, go ahead. Tasty Lasagna with Ricotta and Italian Sausage Additions Some people like to add some sage to the sausage or use sweet sausage instead of the hot kind and add some red chili flakes. You know which you like best, so go ahead and choose your favorite kind when preparing this lasagna with ricotta and Italian sausage. If you .....
- How to Make Vegetable QuicheFew things are as delicious as a good vegetarian quiche, and learning how to make vegetable quiche is something that any home cook can do with ease. You can include as few or as many veggies as you like, and choose from various types of crusts and fillings, to make your vegetarian quiche recipe perfect for your palate. Once you discover how to make quiche you will want to experiment with diverse crusts and fillings. Not only will you love the resulting quiche but your family are sure to love it too. Quiche is a healthy option, boasting the protein from eggs, the nutrients in the veggies, and it is also really filling and will keep you .....
- Siberian Ice Diamond JewelryWhat is Siberian Ice diamond jewelry exactly, and where can you get some? Siberian Ice is a top quality diamond alternative which has recently begun to take the world by storm. It is very hard like diamonds and can even scratch glass. This diamond alternative is also guaranteed for life. Basically, it is an alternative to real diamonds which is much closer to an actual diamond than other imitations (cubic zirconia, for example) and that is why so many women are going crazy for it. They Look the Same A Siberian Ice diamond has almost the same visual appearance as a true diamond and it is almost as durable too, making it very attractive to .....
- Easy Pork and Ginger WontonsChinese recipes have been used for generations and have slowly been adapted to the Western world. However, if you want authentic, healthy meals, this cuisine is perfect. Try these easy pork and ginger wontons and you will see just how delicious Chinese food can be. There are many different recipes available to cater to your taste and budget. Ingredients need to be fresh, ensuring that all of the nutrients are locked inside the meal. There are ingredients which are chosen for every Chinese recipe, to enhance the flavors and produce the ideal texture. Vegetables are a huge part of these recipes, and you will find that many different forms can .....
- All About Easy Wonton RecipesI love discovering new recipes. I also love sharing them, hence the creation of Easy Wonton Recipe, the site where my wonton-related content was before I shifted it over here! Cooking is fun and I especially love cooking for others and seeing their eyes light up as they enjoy my culinary creations. There are plenty of easy wonton recipes for every palate and I often like to try new ones out. A lot of people don’t realize that it is possible to make the most amazing flavored dishes using basic ingredients and good, wholesome, fresh produce. You don’t need to combine thirty ingredients to make a tasty meal and, as long as .....
- American Chinese CuisineAmerican Chinese food is a fusion cuisine, and was designed to make authentic Chinese food more acceptable to Western palates. Chinese eateries began to appear in the 1800s in San Francisco, and they first catered to Chinese immigrants, and then to miners and railroad workers. This is the history of American Chinese cuisine. Local ingredients were used and cooks adapted Chinese recipes to suit the Western taste. Chinese people were excluded from many jobs at this time by lack of fluency in English or by racial discrimination, so many worked in Chinese restaurants or Chinese laundries. Traditional vs. Westernized Chinese Food Traditional .....
- Authentic Thai Chicken Soup RecipeYesterday I decided to get a Thai massage. I suffer from a stiff neck and shoulders. For some reason, I hold all my tension in there! I love a good hot oil massage but the Thai massage is, well slightly different. More ‘painful’ but today I can move really freely and feel great! The woman was literally walking up my legs and back, digging her knees and elbows into me and making me yelp! However, ‘no pain no gain’ as they say, and today I can honestly say I feel great after it. And yes, all that gave me the inspiration to make this authentic Thai chicken soup recipe. Thai Food Inspiration While I was having this .....
- Yummy 3 Minute Ice Coffee RecipeI have always loved ice coffee but find it prohibitively expensive in the coffee shops. There are plenty of ice coffee recipes online but many are too time-consuming to bother with, advising you to brew the coffee for 18 hours with mint leaves or add an array of ingredients which you probably don’t already have. That was my inspiration behind this 3 minute ice coffee recipe. The following recipe is for a basic ice coffee but of course you can jazz it up however you wish, adding syrups, sprinkles and cream on top, a shot of liqueur or whatever tickles your taste buds today. Flavored Syrups for this 3 Minute Ice Coffee Recipe I have a .....
- Spicy Roast PotatoesThere are thousands of potato recipes, and many ways to prepare roast potatoes, including this spicy roast potatoes recipe. One of the nicest things to do with them is spice them up before roasting, and then you will be able to enjoy the aromatic spices and the potatoes too with their crispy outsides and fluffy hot insides. The following spicy roast potatoes recipe is very simple to make. You will need floury potatoes like King Edward, Yukon Gold, Charlotte, Maris Piper, or Duke of York. Floury varieties are better for mashing, fry-making or roasting, while non-floury potatoes suit boiling better. If you try to boil a floury potato it is .....
- Bathroom Accessories to Jazz Up Your BathroomBathroom accessories can make a huge difference to the look and feel of your bathroom, and can be surprisingly cheap. Once the essential pieces are in place in there, you can begin the enjoyable task of accessorizing. With a small budget and a boundless imagination, you will be amazed how straightforward it is to liven up your bathroom. Choosing the Right Bathroom Accessories for Your Style There is a huge array of different cheap accessories available; however, you need to ensure that you choose the right ones for your style so you are completely happy with them. Bathrooms are an essential room in every home so you need to get the look and .....