Duck Breast a l’Orange with Grand Marnier
Easy to make yet sure to deliver a flavor that wows, duck breast a l’orange makes a fantastic dinner, whether you are serving it up to the family or considering what to make for a dinner party or special occasion.
Our duck breast a l’orange recipe combines duck breast with orange, Grand Marnier for a special touch, cream, and bouillon, and the result is a perfectly balanced dish. If you do not want to buy a whole bottle of Grand Marnier (or similar orange liqueur) just get a miniature, or even omit it if you prefer. This duck breast recipe is easy enough for any home cook to manage with ease, even if it is your first time cooking duck.
What to Serve with Duck Breast a l’Orange
Serve your duck breast a l’orange with potatoes and your favorite vegetables. I like mashed potatoes with this, and perhaps some asparagus or green beans. Save the duck fat after rendering it out because it is amazing to use for roasting potatoes or even cooking your green beans in.
Another duck recipe I like is this duck salad recipe but when the weather is turning chilly we crave hot food in this house, which is where this duck a l’orange recipe really comes into its own, especially when paired with plenty of steaming hot potatoes and veggies on the side. You can swap one of the oranges for lemon or grapefruit for a more acidic flavor, if you like duck breast a l’orange but you prefer it not so sweet.
- 2 duck breasts with skin
- 3 oranges
- 6¾ fl oz (200 ml) whipping cream
- 1¾ fl oz (50 ml) Grand Marnier
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Oil, as needed
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Rinse the duck breasts and pat them dry with paper towels.
- Score the fat in crisscross patterns but don't cut all the way through to the meat.
- Grate a few strips of zest off one of the oranges, then peel the same orange and cut it into slices.
- Discard the pips.
- Squeeze the juice out of the other 2 oranges.
- Heat a little oil in a pan over a moderately high heat and put the duck breasts skin side down in there.
- Cook it for 8 minutes then flip over and pour the Grand Marnier over them.
- Cook for 5 minutes.
- Take the duck breasts out of the pan and grind some salt and pepper over them.
- Keep them warm.
- Stir the cream into the orange juice.
- Add the balsamic vinegar and bouillon.
- Cook for 5 minutes, then stir in the orange zest strips.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Slice the duck breasts.
- Serve the sauce over the duck breasts.
- You can add some orange strips and a sprig of herbs for garnish if you want.
Some More Hot Content For You
- Best Collection of Cheeseball RecipesFind out how to make a delicious cheeseball by combining ingredients like cheese, garlic, cream cheese, nuts, bacon and other ingredients. Cheeseball recipes have been around for decades but they never lose their appeal! So what do you serve with cheeseball recipes? Well they are great for dipping crackers, chips or bread slices and the softer ones are even good with softer ingredients. Take your pick but crackers are my preference. Do You Serve Cheese Balls Chilled or Not? Well you can leave your cheese ball at room temperature to soften it or keep it chilled until serving for extra firmness. But don’t serve it too cold or you .....
- Fried Brie with Hot Cranberry Sauce RecipeFried Brie with hot cranberry sauce is a traditional starter and with this recipe, you can make it from start to finish in just a few minutes. Brie is a versatile cheese and is just as good served cold in a sandwich as served fried like this. Personally I’m not keen on cold Brie but I can’t get enough of this fried Brie with hot cranberry sauce! What is Brie Cheese? Brie is a soft cow’s milk cheese which is widely available. It’s named after Brie, the French region where it originates from. Perhaps you have only had it cold, sliced, perhaps with French bread and grapes, but it is really good in this fried Brie with .....
- How to Make a White Wine Pasta SauceAlthough pasta goes great with all kinds of sauces, the gentle aromatic appeal of a white wine pasta sauce is something incredibly special. White wine pasta sauce is so easy to make and other ingredients which go well with the wine include garlic, butter and parsley. A lot of these white wine pasta sauce recipes might include olive oil instead of the butter, or alongside it, and you can make such a sauce even if you don’t really drink white wine, since you are just using it for a rich flavor and typically only need a splash. When making a white wine pasta sauce, it is important to use a white wine you would drink, not something labeled .....
- Friends: The Complete Series CollectionFriends is one of the most successful TV sitcoms ever and it’s won a lot of awards. If you loved Friends when it was on TV you might be thinking about buying Friends the Complete Series so you can enjoy these great episodes all over again. If you have never seen the show you don’t know what you’ve missed! If you did watch it then you’re probably smiling right now, remembering some of the classic episodes. Who Created Friends? The show was created by David Crane and Marta Kauffman, and it aired on NBC from September 22, 1994 through to May 6, 2004. Some More Hot Content For You How to Make Vegetable Quiche Perfect Pink .....
- Watermelon Mint Detox WaterDetox water recipes are all the rage these days, and little wonder when the concept is basically about making plain water delicious so you want to drink plenty of it. Water is absolutely essential but a lot of people struggle to drink enough of it. Once you feel thirsty you are already dehydrated and in need of this watermelon mint detox water or something similar. The obvious answer to this problem is flavoring regular water (tap water, bottled water, filtered water, whatever you like) with fruit, perhaps adding some kind of fresh herbs or spice to boost the flavor further. This recipe is one of my favorites. We are incorporating watermelon .....
- Walden Farms Calorie-Free Food ReviewFlavorful Items to Complement Your Diet This calorie free food is for anyone looking for items which do not contain calories, carbohydrates, fat or sugar. Doesn’t that sound exciting! Their range includes fruit spreads, regular and flavored mayo, pouring syrups, salad dressings, pasta sauces, whipped peanut spreads, dips for chips or fruit, condiments, and more. Carb-Free Too These products contain no carbs either, so you can enjoy as much as you want. But what do these calorie free food products actually taste like? I have bought a selection of them recently, to try them out for myself, and I have to say some are better than others. .....
- Chilled Crunchy Raw Crack SlawThis raw crack slaw recipe shows you how to make coleslaw style crackslaw. While crack slaw is usually made hot in a wok and served like a Chinese dish, this recipe is different, surprisingly so if you have made the regular kind a few times already. Instead of being cooked the cabbage mixture is tossed together cold and then you let it stand until the flavors are better blended. Then serve it raw. Yep, this is a recipe for raw crack slaw, and it tastes fantastic! Flavored with all the best ingredients like vinegar, citrus juice and sesame oil, this raw crack slaw will fulfill all your hunger pangs and leave you really satisfied. Serve it .....
- Baked Alaska Recipe with Caramel SauceThis baked Alaska recipe with caramel sauce is one of my favorite desserts, teaming delicious, refreshing ice cream with perfect meringue. Here we are serving the baked Alaska with caramel sauce to make the dessert even more decadent. This dessert is served cold, and the meringue completely covers the ice cream inside, making it look like a big iceberg, hence the name. Although you can make individual baked Alaska desserts, we like to make one big ones, using a small ready-made chocolate sponge cake, topping that with 2 kinds of ice cream, and then adding the sweet, sticky meringue mixture. I bet you can’t wait to try this baked Alaska .....
- Best Vertigo Treatment to Stop the Room SpinningFirst things first, what is vertigo? To sum up, it is a dizzy feeling. If you have it, the room will seem to be spinning or moving. It can be linked to inner ear or eyesight disorders and the only way to get rid of it is to find the best vertigo treatment. Dizziness is something most of us experience now and then but vertigo is a feeling of spinning or tilting, a persistent sense of motion which you feel when there is nothing moving. How Does It Feel? Nausea, vomiting and/or sweating can accompany it, and in severe cases you can’t even walk down the street in a straight line because it feels like everything is moving or tilting. It .....
- Holland – The Great, The Good, The Bad and The UglyHolland, the Netherlands… call it what you like. I have lived here for 5 years so far with my Dutch husband. Just to give you a little background I’m English but lived in the Canary Islands and mainland Spain for 11 years before moving here. This piece looks at my opinions and my thoughts on the 6 best things and 6 worst things about Holland, or the Netherlands. Attempting a Balanced View Now before you message me, complaining that I don’t appreciate the country I live in or finding fault with where I choose to live, know this – this article is about the good AND the bad. I offer my thoughts on the things I love and the .....