Easy Roast Duck Leg with Potatoes
This easy roast duck leg with potatoes recipe makes a wonderful dinner. The duck combines perfectly with the roasted potatoes and you should also add your favorite green vegetable, or even some kind of salad on the side. A Greek salad would go well with this or consider some stewed red cabbage or similar.
You will need a couple of duck legs for this easy roast duck leg with potatoes recipe, along with potatoes and thyme. The duck is fried skin side down in a roasting pan, then you can flip it over and add the potatoes.
Add thyme, salt and black pepper, and then you can roast the duck and potatoes for about an hour and a half or up to two hours. As soon as the potatoes are crispy and the duck meat is tender, you can serve this easy roast duck leg with potatoes.
This easy roast duck leg with potatoes recipe makes enough for 2 people but it is very easy to double if you want to make more. The great thing about this dish is its simplicity.
What You Need to Make Easy Roast Duck Leg with Potatoes
All you need for this easy roast duck leg with potatoes are a few ingredients but you can tweak it any way you want, perhaps adding lemon juice or orange juice and dried herbs to the duck for a Mediterranean or Greek touch, sprinkle 5-spice over it for an Asian twist, or you can use some potato and some carrot, or some potato and some celery, or any other dense vegetables you want. If you want to use soft vegetables, like mushrooms or bell pepper, add them 30 minutes before the end of the cooking time.
- 2 duck legs
- 1 lb (450g) halved or chopped potatoes
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Heat a roasting pan on the stove then sear the duck legs skin side down until the skin is golden.
- Flip the duck legs over.
- Take the pan off the heat.
- Arrange the potatoes around the duck legs.
- Add thyme and grind some salt and black pepper over.
- Roast for 1½ to 2 hours, turning the potatoes occasionally, or until the potatoes are crispy and the duck is tender.
- Discard the thyme and serve.