Pork Steaks in Mustard Sauce
Pork loin steaks or chops are ideal for this recipe, and these tend to be very affordable when compared to some other types of meat. This pork steaks in mustard sauce recipe is perfect for a weeknight dinner and you’ll find them to be popular with the whole family.
Pork is juicy and tasty, and it is also quite versatile, making an appearance in everything from spicy recipes to mild ones or even fruity ones. Pork goes nicely with apple. The following pork steaks in mustard sauce recipe features a mustard sauce though, proving that pork also works with piquant flavors.
Choose Your Cream and Mustard Types
Choose from regular sour cream or crème fraîche or the reduced fat type to make this, depending on what you have and what you prefer. Dijon mustard is the best type but again you can use another kind of mustard if that is what you have.
If you are using a really strong one you might want to use a bit less else the strong mustard flavor might overpower the rest of the ingredients and throw the flavor balance out of kilter.
Pork Steaks in Mustard Sauce: The Best Way to Cook Pork
Like most meats, there are various ways to cook pork. You can grill or broil it, roast or fry it, or you can cook it in a pan on the stove, like in the following recipe.
Pork is lean so it can dry out. This is why you should make sure you don’t overcook it, and also why braising it in a sauce is a good idea, because it helps keep the meat juicy. Enjoy this pork steaks in mustard sauce recipe soon!
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 2 boneless pork loin steaks or chops - about ½ pound (220g)
- Spray oil, as needed
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- 3 fl oz (85 ml) chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch mixed with 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons reduced fat sour cream or crème fraiche
- ½ tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ½ tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
- Salt and black pepper
- Heat some spray oil.
- Fry the pork 3 minutes each side until well browned.
- Remove and set aside.
- Add the wine and garlic to the pan.
- Cook for 1 minute then add the stock, boiling for another 2 minutes.
- Mix the cornstarch paste with the sour cream or crème fraiche until smooth.
- Add to the pan and stir well.
- Simmer gently for 2 minutes.
- Add the mustard, tarragon and salt and black pepper.
- Return the pork to the sauce, reduce the heat, cover the pan and cook 4-5 minutes until the pork is cooked through.
- Serve right away.
Some More Hot Content For You
- Pastel de Choclo Recipe from ChileI first tried this amazing corn pie in Chile and immediately fell in love with it. The ingredients might sound a little strange but it’s really good, I promise! Some people use beef while others use chicken. The corn topping on this pastel de choclo recipe is crisp, sticky and sweet and the eggs, black olives and other ingredients lend authenticity. Side Dish Options What is a good side dish for our pastel de choclo? Well, I like it with a simple tomato, garlic and onions salad on the side, or you might want to steam some broccoli or another favorite vegetable instead. This keeps well in the refrigerator for a few days and is easy to .....
- 1930s Kitchen Ideas for a Retro FeelA 1930s kitchen was considered to be a product of the streamlined era, and included several different trends both modern and retro. You can introduce 1930s kitchen ideas into your own kitchen to bring a touch of this charming era into the room where you cook, spend time and perhaps where everyone tends to gather at parties. By the 1930s homeowners had begun to enjoy decorating their homes and wanted their kitchens to be modern and trendy. There were many time-saving gadgets available, and housewives enjoyed organization and had far less clutter. 1930s Kitchen Ideas: Appliances and Accessories Kitchens became a key place for the whole family .....
- Tasty Ground Chicken WontonsGround chicken is not the most common ingredient to fill wonton wrappers, but it is a versatile protein which combines well with various types of vegetables and seasonings. These little dumplings can be deep-fried, steamed or poached for a soup, and ground chicken is lean so lower in fat that some other types of meats. Try these ground chicken wontons and experience an authentic, tasty flavor. Delicious Dumplings: Chicken Makes a Change A lot of people have only tried the ground pork or ground beef option for making theirs, and ground chicken makes such a nice change, a nice change of pace. Try it and you will be pleasantly surprised by the .....
- Recipe for Stuffed Squid TubesHearty ingredients like breadcrumbs, cheese, shrimp, tomato and onion are combined for the filling here, along with aromatics like cumin, paprika, cayenne and coriander. The squid are fried in a skillet on the stove and then sliced to serve. Try these stuffed squid tubes and discover just how wonderful homemade calamari recipes can be. Italian Style Stuffed Squid Tubes This stuffed squid tubes dish is a very tasty recipe and the use of seasonings and spices makes it an unusual one too because the Mediterranean filling is combined with bold spices to offer plenty of dimension to the flavor. This video is narrated and there are plenty of .....
- Beef and Cheese Stuffed Bell PeppersYou will find these beef and cheese stuffed bell peppers to be really filling. If you are not sure that one stuffed bell pepper is going to be sufficient for your meal, don’t worry, because it will be! I love making beef and cheese stuffed bell peppers. Sometimes I use a rice based stuffing but the beef and cheese option is also very nice. It is filling and if you are keeping an eye on your carbs then that is another reason to make these. Stuffed peppers look attractive and while some people throw the top away I like to cook it in the baking pan with the stuffed peppers and then put it back on at the end. I just like the presentation .....
- Lamb Coconut Curry with Sweet PotatoThis lamb coconut curry with sweet potato recipe uses ground lamb rather than stewing lamb, and also includes sweet potato and peas, if you like, along with coconut milk, garlic, ginger, and curry powder to season it and add the flavors. This is a winter warmer and something lovely to enjoy on a chilly evening, to make a change from the beef or chicken curry recipes you usually prepare. An easy curry recipe to make, this lamb coconut curry with sweet potato dish is sure to appeal to all the family, and if you wish to tweak it, for example by swapping the sweet potato for pumpkin, the peas for garbanzo beans, or hot curry powder instead of .....
- Buffalo CrackslawThis is a video for you to watch and wow, this buffalo crackslaw recipe looks so good! The chef uses the main crackslaw recipe, but watching him cook is a sheer delight. If you want to make something different, consider this recipe and you will find it easy to stick to your low carb diet and not feel deprived whatsoever. Mmm, you can almost smell this through your monitor. If you are new to making this dish then watching someone else cook it first is always handy. There is nothing difficult about making buffalo slaw but you might be curious about preparing the ingredients, cooking the mixture in the pan, or even what the dish should be .....
- Spicy Potato CakesSpicy potato cakes go beautifully with any poultry, meat or fish dish, as an alternative to hash brown, boiled or mashed potatoes, or even rice, pasta or other starchy sides. Something else you can do with these spicy potato cakes is serve them for breakfast, perhaps with fried eggs, mushrooms and a sausage or some bacon strips. They are also nice served as a snack with sour cream on top. The spicy potato cakes recipe is Indian influenced, and a lot of Indian dishes feature spices. Adding spices to something doesn’t mean the taste has to be fiery hot. Instead you can add a fragrant, aromatic touch by carefully selecting which spices .....
- Easy Salmon Patties with BreadcrumbsWhip up some of these easy salmon patties with breadcrumbs and you have a quick and easy evening meal for the whole family. I use canned salmon to make these easy salmon patties but you could use tuna instead or even crab. Just ensure it is drained well before incorporating with the other ingredients. Drain the salmon in a sieve and then combine it with a beaten egg, some onion and breadcrumbs, and that is all you need to add to make easy salmon patties with breadcrumbs. If you want to add extra ingredients though, go ahead and consider herbs, garlic, or anything else you wish to throw in there. I use a food processor to combine the .....
- Marsala Chicken with AsparagusMarsala chicken is a tasty Italian dish which you can find not only in the best Italian restaurants but also in your very own kitchen if you choose to follow this marsala chicken with asparagus recipe. This marsala chicken with asparagus dish is made with chicken thighs which offer more flavor than breast, and are also juicier and more succulent. Chicken thighs are harder to overcook and dry out than chicken breast. Leek, fennel and asparagus make up the vegetable content of the dish. As well as the chicken and veggies, this Italian Marsala chicken recipe features lemon juice, Marsala wine and parsley, to bring out all the delicious flavors .....