Blue Cheese Stuffed Venison Burgers
If you are in the mood for a change from your usual homemade burger recipes, why not consider a venison burger recipe instead? These blue cheese stuffed venison burgers are very special indeed. Venison is very lean which means it is best to add some fat to the patties. This ensures they will come out juicy and succulent instead of dry. Some people add bacon trimmings to their blue cheese stuffed venison burgers while others will ask their butcher for any pork fat they don’t need (they might give it to you free!)
Venison is very tasty and doesn’t need to be seasoned a lot. A little salt and black pepper along with the meat (and some added fat if it needs it) is enough, but in the following blue cheese stuffed venison burgers recipe we are adding blue cheese and shallots, along with some more flavors, for a gourmet venison burger result! Whatever you are adding into the patty mixture, make sure you don’t over-mix else the burgers will come out tough and that of course isn’t what you want to have.
What Else Goes into Our Blue Cheese Stuffed Venison Burgers
In the following blue cheese stuffed venison burgers recipe we are combining the meat with garlic, cream and herbs, then adding a blue cheese filling to make them extra-special. This recipe makes 4 venison burgers but double the amount if you are having a crowd over. Leftover patty mixture can always be shaped into meatballs and cooked the next day then served with pasta or spaghetti.
You can cook these blue cheese stuffed venison burgers on the barbecue or in a ridged griddle pan. They will take a couple of minutes per side to cook through. Top the burgers with any toppings and sauces you like or, if you are making these for a crowd, have the toppings in separate dishes so people can top their own. This recipe is particularly nice with a creamy, homemade potato salad.
- 23 oz (650g) ground venison
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 4 tablespoons heavy cream
- ½ tablespoon chopped chives
- ½ tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 8 oz (240g) blue cheese
- Handful of sliced shallots or green onions
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Olive oil, for frying
- 4 buns
- Tomato slices
- Put the ground venison in a bowl and grind in some salt and black pepper.
- Mix in the garlic, cream, chives and parsley with your hands or with a fork.
- Shape the mixture into 4 patties and push an indentation into the top of each one with your fingers.
- Now you are going to stuff the burgers.
- Put 2 oz (60g) of blue cheese into the middle and close the meat around the top.
- Sauté the shallots or green onions in oil until crispy.
- Preheat a barbeque or ridged griddle pan until hot.
- Add some olive oil if you're using a griddle pan.
- Sear the burgers for 2 minutes to seal in the juices.
- Flip and cook for 2 minutes on the other side or until done.
- Serve on rolls with the shallots or green onions.
- Add any of the suggested condiments and/or toppings you want to the finished blue cheese stuffed venison burgers and enjoy!
Photo by: Ron Dollete, on Flickr
Some More Hot Content For You
- Unusual Japanese ToiletsJapanese toilets have become a popular addition to many bathrooms all over the world, as people are realizing these top-quality additions are perfect in every way. Unusual Japanese toilets are something worth finding out more about. They’re just intriguing! The toilets which you can find in Japan are typically more advanced than toilets which are manufactured anywhere else in the world. There are two main designs of the toilet commonly found in Japan – the squat toilet and the bidet toilet. The older style squat toilet is often seen in public toilets but this is not a style that appeals to average households who are more included .....
- 10 Minute CrackslawSay you are in a hurry and you want to make some of your favorite recipe but you only have 10 minutes to spare – what can you do? The answer is to make 10 minute crackslaw. Rather than cooking the meat and vegetables separately, you will be saving time by cooking everything together. I always used to make the dish the regular way, which meant frying the meat, draining it, cooking the vegetables, then adding the meat back in and the seasonings, but since fat is not ‘the enemy’ when low carb eating you don’t even have to drain the meat after browning it, although if you’re using high-fat ground meat you might .....
- How to Make ConsommeA consomme soup is refined and clear. Learn how to make consomme and you will be able to prepare this classic French dish anytime. If you want to make consomme for four people, you will need 2 pints of good quality clear stock, 2 peppercorns, a clove, 2 peeled, seeded, sliced tomatoes, and a chopped celery stalk, carrot and onion. So what’s next if you want to know how to make consomme? Roast some beef shin or even bones with cartilage, or some chicken, then put the meat and bones in the stock with the other ingredients and cook gently for an hour, not stirring the mixture. Sieve the stock and put it in the refrigerator until the clear .....
- Dairy Free Cantaloupe and Prawn StarterThis dairy free cantaloupe and prawn starter recipe is also nut free and soy free, as well as dairy free. The delicious prawn salad is served inside a cantaloupe melon, making this a very attractive starter recipe as well as a delicious one. You can either cut the cantaloupe melons into wedges and serve them with the salad or use this recipe as the centrepieces for a buffet table. This is a colorful and appetizing starter recipe. Cantaloupe and Prawn Starter: Tweaks You Can Make You don’t have to use the melon at all for this seafood starter recipe if you don’t want to and a bed of salad leaves is fine instead. Use baby spinach, .....
- Best Halloween Costumes EverIdeas for Witty Halloween Costumes Funny Halloween costumes may seem a strange choice but they can often make the biggest impact at the party. Not everyone wants to be a regular zombie or ghost, so maybe you are looking out for the best Halloween costumes to wow everyone on this special night. Therefore, choosing a costume which is amusing will ensure that you represent your personality, and dress up as something different this year. Not only will you get a laugh for your clever costume, but also for turning up as something totally unexpected at the Halloween event you are going to. Thinking out of the Box and Appealing to Everyone You have .....
- Ham and Cheese French ToastFrench toast, also known as eggy bread, makes a great breakfast. The bread is usually dipped in beaten eggs and then pan-fried until golden brown. This recipe takes the classic French toast to the next level, however, by adding ham and cheese to the mix. This is known as a Monte Cristo sandwich, and can be pan-fried or deep-fried. Ham and cheese French toast is something kids love, and so do the grownups! Serve ham and cheese French toast with some ketchup for breakfast, brunch or a hot snack at any time, and enjoy the wonderful flavors. This is a snack which is sure to keep you feeling satisfied until your next meal. Serve these sandwiches .....
- Low Carb Paella Using Cauli RiceWhen I worked in Gran Canaria I used to eat paella a lot. In fact I made friends with a local chef who used to make a special batch for me minus the peas (my pet food hate!) This rice-based delicacy was served with half a baguette, plenty of alioli, or ai oli (or garlic mayo) and perhaps a sangria on the side. At that time I had never even heard of a low carb paella using cauli rice because I was enjoying the real thing too much to deviate. Try as I might, I could never tire of this wonderful Spanish dish. Fast forward a decade and I still love that flavor but my husband is diabetic and rice is a no-no. So I wondered at this point whether .....
- A Delicious Recipe for Braised Stuffed CalamariThe braised stuffed calamari in this recipe sure looks good. Breadcrumbs, olives, capers, garlic, parsley and more are combined for a tasty filling for your squid. Laura Vitale talks you through everything you need for the recipe and then shows you how to prepare your ingredients to make the filling. I liked this braised stuffed calamari video because I found it very easy to follow and I love the resulting stuffed squid. I think it looks great! And also because this is so similar to the way I usually make my own squid so Laura Vitale is on to a winner here. Just watch the video through and then as soon as it finishes you will wish to .....
- Incredible Pink Diamond RingsLook at these amazing pink diamond rings. Every lady loves diamonds. They are a girl’s best friend after all. But pink ones can be truly stunning, and they are really popular at the moment, especially in celebrity circles. Have you seen a real pink diamond? These stones are incredible. You can get real, lab-created or imitation pink diamonds of varying qualities. So pick something which fits not only your style but your budget. Different Options for Different Budgets You can get a pink ‘diamondlike’ CZ ring for $20 or a high quality genuine one for $10,000. It depends how much you are willing to spend on pink diamond rings. .....
- 7 Great Cheeseburger TipsSometimes nothing can beat the comfort food appeal of a juicy, freshly cooked hamburger. If you make cheeseburgers at home, you might be interested in learning a few handy cheeseburger tips to ensure your burgers always come out perfectly. One of the most important parts of your cheeseburger is the meat you use for the patty. For the best results, you should choose 80/20 ground meat. That means it is 80% lean and 20% fat. If you use lean, or worse still extra-lean, meat, you will end up with a dry burger, and that is never attractive. Fat isn’t the enemy. Serve your burger with some salad or a vegetable side dish to balance out the .....