Best Chicken Caesar Salad
This is an amazing recipe and something I make often. In my opinion this is definitely the best chicken Caesar salad you can make. Sometimes I roast chicken legs and then make this without the chicken, and serve the two together. Caesar salad is something I love and it is one of my favorite salads. I always have Caesar dressing in the refrigerator and serve it with buffalo chicken sometimes since ranch dressing is something unheard of where I live.
Although this best chicken Caesar salad recipe uses mayonnaise in the dressing rather than raw eggs, it is still really nice. A lot of people don’t like using raw eggs in recipes or can’t eat them for a health reason, so this recipe is a good compromise.
This recipe combines chicken, ciabatta bread croutons and romaine lettuce with a delicious dressing and other ingredients like bacon and Parmesan cheese.
Adapt the Recipe if You Want
Omit the chicken and you can serve this with any meat or fish you like, or include the chicken to make it substantial enough to serve as the main dish for lunch or dinner.
This best chicken Caesar salad recipe is surprisingly simple to put together and if you are into salads you will love the flavor of this recipe. Caesar salad is a classic dish and if you are bored with your usual lunch or dinner recipes you might like to make this and see what a refreshing change it makes.
Quick Way to Wash the Lettuce
I use a salad spinner to spin the lettuce. I put the salad leaves in the plastic bowl and rinse them and then put them into the sieve part, spin it and get rid of the excess water. I use my salad spinner numerous times a week and it was a great investment. You can also rinse the lettuce in the sink if you prefer.
- 1 medium loaf of Ciabatta bread or 2 Ciabatta buns
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- Leaves of 1 large Romaine (Cos) lettuce
- 2 crumbled bacon slices (optional)
- ¼ cup (60ml) freshly squeezed lemon juice (from 2 lemons)
- 1 garlic clove
- ¼ cup (4 tablespoons) grated Parmesan
- ¼ cup (4 tablespoons) mayonnaise
- 2 roughly chopped anchovy filets
- Preheat the oven to 400F (200C).
- Tear the bread into big croutons or cut them using a bread knife.
- Arrange the croutons on a baking sheet and sprinkle 2 tablespoons of olive oil over them.
- Rub the oil into the bread and season with some salt.
- Bake for about 9 minutes, turning the croutons once or twice during cooking so they turn golden brown evenly.
- Take them out of the oven and set them to one side to cool.
- Rub the remaining tablespoon of oil over the chicken breasts and season them.
- Cook the chicken in a pan for 4 mins then turn it and cook for 4 more minutes or until cooked through.
- When the chicken is white inside (not pink) it is cooked.
- Combine the dressing ingredients in a blender or food processor and whiz until well combined (else just mash the anchovies against the side of a bowl and then stir in the other ingredients by hand).
- Shave more cheese with a peeler and then tear the lettuce into big pieces and put it in a bowl.
- Pull the chicken into bite-size strips and scatter half over the leaves, along with half of the croutons.
- Add most of the dressing and toss using your fingers.
- Scatter the rest of the chicken on top and then add the croutons.
- Drizzle with the remaining dressing (including the bacon if using), sprinkle the shaved Parmesan cheese on top and serve immediately.
Leave out the chicken if you are making this as an appetizer or side dish, not a main dish.
Feel free to adjust the amount of mayo, vinegar etc, so the end flavor is nice.
The dressing should be the texture of yogurt so add a little water if it is too thick.
Some More Hot Content For You
- Mac Makeup BrushesMac makeup brushes are used by professionals all over the world and if you want to buy discount Mac makeup brushes that is completely possible. This brand is really famous and offers high quality. Brush Choices Mac makeup brushes review websites will provide you with all of the information you need to determine which brushes you want to purchase. There are several different brushes to choose, which will ensure that you can apply your makeup with ease. All of the makeup brushes are made from top quality materials, ensuring that you are buying only the best. Some More Hot Content For You Bling Bling iPad Cases Greek Lamb Pasta Bake with Feta .....
- Easy Creamed Spinach RecipeCreamed spinach makes a lovely side dish and it is very easy to prepare. Try out this easy creamed spinach recipe if you want to make your own from scratch. It really is good. Grab a bag of spinach and then just add some cream cheese and seasonings. The recipe also features some optional ingredients so you can ensure your creamed spinach comes out perfectly for your palate. I usually buy the unwashed spinach and soak the leaves in cold water for a few minutes but you can also get pre-washed fresh spinach. Do use fresh spinach for this recipe for the brightest color and freshest flavor. I haven’t made this with the frozen kind but I .....
- Lebanese Lamb MeatballsI love this Lebanese lamb meatballs recipe. I’ve only made the meatballs once so far but it’s something I’m definitely going to make again! These Lebanese lamb meatballs boast plenty of herbs in the form of parsley and mint. You might be surprised at the amount of herbs in these meatballs but, believe me, the combination works really well. Ground lamb is something I don’t use that often, just because the only place I can get it where I live is the Cash and Carry and that’s not somewhere I go much, but when I do use it I like to make something special, perhaps some comfort food like shepherd’s pie, or else .....
- Chinese Kitchen EssentialsSome Chinese utensils are the same as Western ones, but not all. To make the best Chinese recipes you will need various pots and pans, ladles and spoons or spatulas. Yes, investing in Chinese kitchen essentials is going to be a good idea if you want to rustle up authentic Chinese recipes. A good-quality wok is also a staple, and you might like to get a bamboo steamer too since you can make steamed wontons in there, or even cook vegetables or chicken. A bamboo steamer can be yours for just $4 or $5. The texture of the bamboo allows steam to circulate and evaporate so you do not get a lot of moisture stuck on the lid. Also, you can steam more .....
- Best iPad Mini Cases with KeyboardSee all the best keyboard cases for iPad Mini and pick out your favorite. There are iPad Mini cases with keyboard for every taste and budget, no matter whether you want a cute pink one, a handy one which doubles as a padded case, something neat for work, or something else. The iPad Mini is the newest Apple product on the market but there are already plenty of cool accessories for it. If you have one of these tablets already then you will want a cover to keep it safe and a keyboard to make typing speedier. Touch typing on the screen is time-consuming because it is usually one-fingered unless you have mastered the art of typing quicker on .....
- Oysters in Chive Sauce RecipeOysters are great served either cold or warm like in this delicious seafood starter recipe. You can serve this as a canape or as a starter dish for a summer dinner. Oysters are not the cheapest type of seafood but they are special and you do not have to serve a lot to each diner. Make this oysters in chive sauce recipe and you won’t regret it. Oysters in Chive Sauce Recipe: Surprisingly Simple to Make A lot of people think twice about making oysters recipes because they are thought to be difficult but actually the opposite is true. Oysters are easy to work with. In this recipe for oysters you simply make the sauce and grill the oysters .....
- How to Give Your Wontons an International FlairJust because wontons are Chinese in origin does not mean you have to stick with the tried and tested Chinese wonton recipes. International wontons are an exercise in experimentation and sometimes this fusion really works! Of course, traditional wonton soup is delicious and Chinese-style fried wontons offer a flavor experience that most people enjoy very much, but you might like to experiment with a different take on the classic wonton recipe. Since wonton skins are made with egg, flour and water, they do not have a lot of flavor. This means you can use any kind of filling and rest assured it will complement the wonton skin flavor. For .....
- Homemade Pizza on French BreadPizza comes frozen or from the pizza delivery place or from your local Italian restaurant. But wait, what about the best pizza? Well that would be the kind you make yourself at home! Honest, it’s so quick and easy to make pizza yourself and you don’t even have to make the dough. This homemade pizza on French bread will have the kids (and grownups) beating down the kitchen door, it smells so good! The quickest pizza recipe probably has to be this tortilla pizza but next up you have baguette pizza or French bread pizza, which is French bread, French stick or baguette bread (however you call it) topped with tomato sauce and pizza .....
- Low Carb Tortilla PizzaThis low carb tortilla pizza is incredibly good and it takes about 10 minutes to make and the same again to cook. Whether or not you have made pizza before, you will find this low carb tortilla pizza incredibly simple, and the sky is the limit as far as toppings are concerned. Use a low-carb tortilla to make your pizza. I recommend the Mama Lupe ones because they’re so good and only 3 carbs (and 60 calories) each. And they are the closest in flavor to regular tortillas. I also tried the La Tortilla brand for my low carb tortilla pizza because those are only 50 calories each but… nope not as good as the Mama Lupe ones. This low .....
- The Best Creative Wonton IdeasSo you have made beef wontons, cheese wontons, seafood wontons, dessert wontons, several types of wonton soup and dumplings. Now what? There are plenty more ideas for wontons that you can consider. How about a filling of minced caramelized walnuts with toasted sesame seeds, or jelly and peanut butter? Those would be quirky yet delicious creative wonton ideas which would work beautifully. Fresh cottage cheese with smoked paprika would work, as would an Indian style wonton made with potatoes, peas, biryani spices, ginger and cumin. Dip these spicy wontons in a cool yogurt sauce. Chinese sausage meat could work, or make buffalo chicken purses .....