Couscous Salad with Parsley and Lime
This is such a refreshing salad and it’s easy to make. We are using regular couscous but if you like Israeli couscous that is also fine, or you could consider bulgar wheat for a result for like tabbouleh. This couscous salad with parsley and lime is zingy, refreshing and really tasty.
The key to making a good couscous salad is freshness. I find the more fresh ingredients it contains the better it is, so grab some tomatoes, cucumber, parsley and limes, along with the other ingredients, and you will be able to rustle up this delicious dish and experience all the amazing fresh flavors the way they are supposed to be enjoyed.
How to Serve It
Serve this as a salad or side dish (it’s especially good with grilled fish or chicken) or consider taking it to work as a special lunch, served with pita bread or crusty bread on the side. This would also be great to take to a potluck buffet because it always goes down well and it’s unlikely someone else will be making the same dish as you. I find that couscous salad with parsley and lime is something everyone is going to ask the recipe for!
If you have leftovers, keep the salad in a covered container in the refrigerator and use it within 2 days. You can swap the lime zest and juice for lemon if you prefer. Lemon is probably more authentic, although we like the special zing lime gives the salad.
- 8¾ oz (250g) couscous
- 11 fl oz (300ml) boiling hot water or vegetable stock, as needed
- Quarter of a cucumber (or quarter of a diced green bell pepper)
- 4 vine-ripened tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons corn kernels
- 1⅓ oz (40g) fresh parsley
- Small bunch of green onions
- Grated zest of a lime
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- First of all you need to make the couscous.
- Put it in a bowl and pour over the boiling water or stock.
- Give the mixture a stir.
- Now put a plate on top of the bowl (or plastic wrap if you prefer) and let it stand until all the liquid is absorbed.
- This should take about 5 minutes.
- If you still have some liquid, you can sieve the couscous, but this isn't usually necessary.
- Now you can use a fork to fluff up the grains of couscous.
- Finely dice the cucumber and tomatoes, mince the parsley, and slice the green onions.
- Stir the cucumber, tomatoes, corn, parsley and green onions into the couscous.
- Stir in the lime zest too.
- Next whisk together the oil, garlic and lime zest and grind in some salt and black pepper.
- Drizzle this dressing over the couscous and toss well to combine all the ingredients together.
- Serve as a salad or side dish.
Some More Hot Content For You
- Chinese Tea Smoked ChickenElegant appetizer recipe ideas are becoming more popular than ever before, as people begin to experiment more in the kitchen. You need to choose an appetizer that will impress your guests with your knowledge of food, and the distinct choice of flavors used to make the dishes. There are many different recipes to choose from, regardless of the occasion, and your budget. Take Chinese tea smoked chicken for example – this is certainly elegant as well as unusual. Presentation and Good Ingredients are Vital If you use a good recipe for your appetizer, you can achieve an exciting, elegant appearance with very basic ingredients. Expensive .....
- Bamboo Shoot and Pork WontonHere we are looking at making bamboo shoot and pork wonton. Pork and shrimp might sound like a strange combination but as wonton fans everywhere know, it is a magical mixture! Add bamboo shoots, green onions and a few other choice ingredients and you have wonton soup to die for. These wontons are meaty, fish and full-flavored. If you use water, then you will get soft wontons. Wontons are boiled in liquid when you want them to be soft and fried when you want a crispy finish. Another way to get a soft finish is to steam the wontons. This bamboo shoot and pork wonton recipe is easy to make and even if you’re new to wonton making you will .....
- Mushroom Risotto with Truffle OilThis easy mushroom risotto with truffle oil recipe combines rice with mushrooms, and you can use any kind of mushrooms you want. Last time I used button mushrooms, but you can also use assorted wild mushrooms if you want, or another kind. We are also using dried mushrooms in the mushroom risotto with truffle oil, which you will reconstitute before proceeding with the recipe. Different Types of Risotto There are lots of different type of risotto, including shrimp, chicken and vegetable types. I like asparagus risotto with plenty of parmesan. Everyone has their own favorite. I like to use arborio rice to make mushroom risotto with truffle .....
- Pastel de Choclo Recipe from ChileI first tried this amazing corn pie in Chile and immediately fell in love with it. The ingredients might sound a little strange but it’s really good, I promise! Some people use beef while others use chicken. The corn topping on this pastel de choclo recipe is crisp, sticky and sweet and the eggs, black olives and other ingredients lend authenticity. Side Dish Options What is a good side dish for our pastel de choclo? Well, I like it with a simple tomato, garlic and onions salad on the side, or you might want to steam some broccoli or another favorite vegetable instead. This keeps well in the refrigerator for a few days and is easy to .....
- Mexican Spiced Hot ChocolateWhen the weather is cold outside and you want to sip on something hot and comforting, what better beverage could there be than Mexican spiced hot chocolate? But we are not talking about just any hot chocolate here. There is regular hot chocolate and then there is a south of the border delight! For the ultimate satisfying drink, make some Mexican spiced hot chocolate and allow the chocolate to caress your soul while the spices offer added warmth and flavor. Nice and Spicy Chipotle chili pepper and cinnamon add a lovely touch to this Mexican spiced hot chocolate, and you will love the finished flavor. Feel free to use your favorite cocoa or .....
- Unusual Japanese ToiletsJapanese toilets have become a popular addition to many bathrooms all over the world, as people are realizing these top-quality additions are perfect in every way. Unusual Japanese toilets are something worth finding out more about. They’re just intriguing! The toilets which you can find in Japan are typically more advanced than toilets which are manufactured anywhere else in the world. There are two main designs of the toilet commonly found in Japan – the squat toilet and the bidet toilet. The older style squat toilet is often seen in public toilets but this is not a style that appeals to average households who are more included .....
- Mending a Broken HeartWe have all felt heartbroken at times and sometimes nothing seems to be able to shake off that horrible, empty feeling. Knowing how to mend a broken heart means you can move on with your life. If your partner has left you or something else bad has happened there are various ways to help you get over it and the saying ‘time heals’ actually does apply, even if you are not feeling especially optimistic about anything at the moment. You cannot force yourself to feel better but some tips on getting over the pain include the following: Spend time with family or friends. Having people you care about around you while you are going through a .....
- What is the History of WineIt is hard to think of a party or festive gathering without wine being part of the proceedings, so you might be curious about the history of wine. It is even known as the ‘elixir of happiness’ which is why people sometimes think it was born right when man was, but of course it wasn’t. So who came up with the idea of fermenting fruit in the first place? It might interest you to know the history of wine goes back to ancient Egypt, and that was 2500 BC. Wine might even have been used before that. According to the evidence found, wine goes back to the ancient civilizations in Egypt. It is probable that early man discovered what fermentation did .....
- Cream Cheese Wontons with CrabCrab and cream cheese are combined in this easy wonton recipe for a spectacular result. You will need softened cream cheese for these cream cheese wontons with crab so either leave the cream cheese at room temperature for a while or microwave it for 20 seconds. Feel free to be creative with the wonton wrapper shape when making your cream cheese wontons with crab. You can make scrunched up wontons, triangles or any other shape you fancy. Just make sure they are well sealed so they hold together when they are being fried. What Kind of Crabmeat to Use Dungeness crabmeat is the best kind to use, but use whatever type of lump crabmeat you can .....
- Sparkly Swarovski Cat CollarsSwarovski crystals are beautiful and if you are looking for an extra special collar for your feline friend then why not buy Swarovski cat collars? Costing less than you might imagine, these lovely collars will look gorgeous on your cat. I have tried a few different ones, although my favorite is the simple 10-diamonds on velvet style. My cat Cleo is black with flashes of gray in her fur, so I usually go with a bright color like pink or red. She’s 9 so she has had a few collars and she had her current one for a couple of years so far. Choosing Swarovski cat collars is not difficult. Just pick out something which you like and make sure .....