Couscous Salad with Parsley and Lime
This is such a refreshing salad and it’s easy to make. We are using regular couscous but if you like Israeli couscous that is also fine, or you could consider bulgar wheat for a result for like tabbouleh. This couscous salad with parsley and lime is zingy, refreshing and really tasty.
The key to making a good couscous salad is freshness. I find the more fresh ingredients it contains the better it is, so grab some tomatoes, cucumber, parsley and limes, along with the other ingredients, and you will be able to rustle up this delicious dish and experience all the amazing fresh flavors the way they are supposed to be enjoyed.
How to Serve It
Serve this as a salad or side dish (it’s especially good with grilled fish or chicken) or consider taking it to work as a special lunch, served with pita bread or crusty bread on the side. This would also be great to take to a potluck buffet because it always goes down well and it’s unlikely someone else will be making the same dish as you. I find that couscous salad with parsley and lime is something everyone is going to ask the recipe for!
If you have leftovers, keep the salad in a covered container in the refrigerator and use it within 2 days. You can swap the lime zest and juice for lemon if you prefer. Lemon is probably more authentic, although we like the special zing lime gives the salad.
- 8¾ oz (250g) couscous
- 11 fl oz (300ml) boiling hot water or vegetable stock, as needed
- Quarter of a cucumber (or quarter of a diced green bell pepper)
- 4 vine-ripened tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons corn kernels
- 1⅓ oz (40g) fresh parsley
- Small bunch of green onions
- Grated zest of a lime
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- First of all you need to make the couscous.
- Put it in a bowl and pour over the boiling water or stock.
- Give the mixture a stir.
- Now put a plate on top of the bowl (or plastic wrap if you prefer) and let it stand until all the liquid is absorbed.
- This should take about 5 minutes.
- If you still have some liquid, you can sieve the couscous, but this isn't usually necessary.
- Now you can use a fork to fluff up the grains of couscous.
- Finely dice the cucumber and tomatoes, mince the parsley, and slice the green onions.
- Stir the cucumber, tomatoes, corn, parsley and green onions into the couscous.
- Stir in the lime zest too.
- Next whisk together the oil, garlic and lime zest and grind in some salt and black pepper.
- Drizzle this dressing over the couscous and toss well to combine all the ingredients together.
- Serve as a salad or side dish.
Some More Hot Content For You
- Retro Shades and Vintage SunglassesSo what is the appeal of groovy shades? Shades, or sunglasses, come in many styles and designs, and although there are plenty of modern ones a lot of people like to go for the retro style sunglasses which often appear in vintage clothing stores, and on Amazon and eBay. Consider retro shades if you want a cool look. Whether you are looking for some classic vintage Chanel sunglasses or something fun made with brightly colored plastic, there are lots of old-fashioned styles you can get, and retro shades are even cooler than a lot of modern ones. Pick out something that suits the shape of your face as well as your personality and not only can .....
- How to Cook Prime Rib for Juicy ResultsPrime rib is often called the king of beef cuts, and if you like your beef juicy, tender and delicious, you might like to learn more about how to cook prime rib yourself at home. Also known as a standing rib roast, prime rib is marbled with fat to keep it succulent, and it is very easy to cook too. You just need to start it in the oven on a high temperature to brown it nicely, then turn the oven down so it can finish cooking without the meat drying out. The center of your prime rib roast should be pink or red while the thinner tail-ends will be brown and more done. This is good because people get to choose if they want their meat .....
- Banana Wontons with Chocolate Dipping SauceDessert wonton recipes are becoming more and more popular. This banana wontons with chocolate dipping sauce recipe features crunchy deep-fried wontons with a banana, orange and cinnamon filling. You can serve them alone if you like but they are even more tempting served with a hot chocolate sauce. Save time by buying a chocolate sauce or impress your dinner guests by making your own. Why We Love Sweet Wontons Dessert wonton recipes are becoming more and more popular. This banana wontons with chocolate dipping sauce recipe features crunchy deep-fried wontons with a banana, orange and cinnamon filling. You can serve them alone if you like but .....
- Japanese Chicken CrackslawCrackslaw is usually made with Chinese ingredients but add some Teriyaki sauce and you get a sweeter result which also has a distinct Japanese flair. Whether you are counting your carbs or simply looking for something really tasty, this Japanese chicken crackslaw recipe is a real winner. Perhaps you have made the classic crack slaw recipe before and you wonder what a similar dish but made with slightly different flavors would taste like, in which case try this recipe for a change of pace. You may use canned or fresh chicken. It should be cooked before adding it to the recipe, so this is a great dish to make if you have leftover chicken to .....
- White Food Recipes for After Teeth WhiteningHaving your teeth professionally whitened is the best way to get that gorgeous pearly shade without breaking the bank on veneers or another expensive treatment. The process itself is usually painless although your teeth might be a little sensitive afterwards. You will need white food recipes for after teeth whitening for a couple of days. Even though it’s possible to fashion a menu from the list of ‘allowed’ white foods it’s helpful to have some fresh ideas to keep things interesting! Read on to learn what you can eat after teeth whitening, what you must avoid after teeth whitening, and some more teeth whitening .....
- Easy 3 Ingredient RecipesThere are easy 3 ingredient recipes for every occasion, season and palate. Perhaps you are in the mood to make a hearty meat dinner or something fancy with fish. It could be that you are looking for easy 3 ingredient recipes for the crockpot because you are going to be out all day and you know you’ll get home late and want to eat dinner and fall into a comfy chair in front of the TV with something already made. Or what about making three ingredient sauces or dips for your meat, fish or chips? Some of our drinks recipes are sure to tempt you too. There are recipes for every skill level, whether you have barely set food in the kitchen .....
- Different Types of Glassware and StemwareThe word ‘glassware’ refers to tableware made from glass, including flatware, cutlery, drinkware and dishes which are set on the table before a meal. Glassware can also be used for cooking meals, such as Pyrex dishes. There are many different types of glassware to choose from. Most glasses to drink from are either flat bottomed, tumblers, footed or stemware. You can also get yard beer glasses which are tall, conical glasses for beer which have a round base. Buy What You Personally Like Different people have their own tastes in glassware so it’s good there are lots of different types of glassware to choose from. I love those .....
- What are Pineberries and Some Pineberry RecipesAlthough pineberries might resemble albino white strawberries they are in fact a different berry altogether. This petite, rounded fruit has white flesh and red seeds and there are some pineberry recipes you really must try. They are not as hardy as red strawberries although they do share a genetic makeup. Perhaps you have spotted some in the supermarket or market and been curious about what they are and how they might taste. What are Pineberries Exactly? This fruit, also known as chiloensis, or Puren White strawberries, is a cross between North American red strawberries and South American white strawberries. They are grown in plant form, .....
- Fruits de Mer RecipePlateau de fruits de mer is the French term for seafood platter, and this recipe comprises both cooked and raw seafood on a chilled platter, often on a bed of ice. If you order a fruits de mer recipe, you can expect shellfish along with bread, mayonnaise (preferably homemade) and condiments like cocktail sauce and mignonette sauce. The serving platter will be above table level on some kind of stand, and sometimes there are several tiers, both to make it look for elegant, and also because some of the shellfish is served on the half-shell or in the full shell, and then it takes up a lot of room. A fruits de mer recipe is traditionally served .....
- Simple Zucchini PancakesThese simple zucchini pancakes make a great breakfast and you can make them in advance, so what is not to love about that? Low in calories and fat (especially if you fry them in cooking spray rather than butter or oil) they can be enjoyed with sausage or bacon, or simply as they are, perhaps with some garlic mushrooms on the side or a broiled tomato. Try these simple zucchini pancakes and you will be surprised how great they are. Different Types of Pancakes Pancakes range from thin and crepe-like to thick and fluffy, and different people prefer them different ways. And yes some even prefer these simple zucchini pancakes. Personally I am more .....