Creamy Potato Salad with Bacon
Potato salad is always good but add bacon and you have a really mouthwatering side dish. The following creamy potato salad with bacon is a recipe which is very simple to make; the potato salad will keep for a few days once prepared. Serve it chilled or room temperature. Some people even like it served warm, as soon as it is made.
Use boiling potatoes to make potato salad, not mashing potatoes which tend to disintegrate too easily. The choice of dressing is up to you.
While a lot of people just use their favorite mayonnaise, you might prefer another kind of creamy dressing for this creamy potato salad with bacon, else you can use half mayo half sour cream, half yogurt half ranch dressing, or anything else you fancy. A bit of Dijon mustard in the dressing really brings out the flavor of the potatoes and complements the dish.
Perfect Crunch and Flavor Balance
Finely diced celery or green onion is great for adding crunch to our creamy potato salad with bacon, while you can add flavor with herbs, spices or other ingredients. The bacon adds plenty of flavor. Remember it also adds saltiness so limit the amount of salad used in the recipe, and then you can always add it later if necessary.
Some people like to add chopped hard-cooked eggs to their creamy potato salad with bacon, and you can do that if you wish, or even add something else, like chopped raw avocado, olives, walnuts or even some blue cheese.
Few dishes beat homemade potato salad. Serve this and you can be sure of an empty dish very soon after serving it. The whole family will go crazy for this homemade potato salad with bacon.
- 6 cups peeled chopped potatoes
- ¼ cup minced red onion
- 2 sliced green onions
- 2 bacon strips
- 1 cup chopped bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Put the potatoes in a pot with enough water to cover.
- Season with ¼ teaspoon salt.
- Bring to a boil over then simmer for 10 minutes or until tender.
- Drain and cool slightly.
- Fry the bacon in a skillet until crisp, then drain on paper towels and chop.
- Toss the potatoes with the chopped bacon, bell pepper and onions.
- Whisk the dressing ingredients together.
- Pour this over the potato mixture and toss gently to coat.
- Cover and chill or serve at room temperature.
Some More Hot Content For You
- Chilled Crunchy Raw Crack SlawThis raw crack slaw recipe shows you how to make coleslaw style crackslaw. While crack slaw is usually made hot in a wok and served like a Chinese dish, this recipe is different, surprisingly so if you have made the regular kind a few times already. Instead of being cooked the cabbage mixture is tossed together cold and then you let it stand until the flavors are better blended. Then serve it raw. Yep, this is a recipe for raw crack slaw, and it tastes fantastic! Flavored with all the best ingredients like vinegar, citrus juice and sesame oil, this raw crack slaw will fulfill all your hunger pangs and leave you really satisfied. Serve it .....
- Thai Stuffed Squid SoupThis Thai stuffed squid soup recipe is a favorite of mine. It is very special because of its simplicity. Although this Thai stuffed squid soup dish is rarely found on a restaurant menu you quickly and easily prepare it yourself. You need some chicken or pork bouillon, and homemade is best if possible. If you do not have homemade bouillon then make sure you use a high quality one. The filling for the squid is made with pork, soy sauce, black pepper and garlic, and you will need smallish squid for this, no more than a couple inches long. When you have stuffed the squid it is time to warm up your bouillon and then you poach the squid in there .....
- The Best Beauty Books You Can GetDo you want to improve or change the way you look? If so, have you thought of learning exactly what kinds of cosmetics are best for you, along with how to correctly put them on? Do you want to learn all the latest makeup trends and find out how to apply makeup like a pro? If you are, you may have turned to the web or fashion magazines, but have you thought about buying a beauty book? Some of the best beauty books will give you all the tricks and tips you need to know in order to look your best. If you haven’t or perhaps if you have, you might be wondering whether or not the best beauty books are really worth the money. When it comes to .....
- The Benefits of Cooking Authentic Chinese RecipesAuthentic Chinese recipes are incredibly popular and have several different benefits, which is why more people than ever before are searching for the best recipe ideas. You might enjoy Chinese food but it’s fair to say that authentic Chinese recipes will taste very different. Once you have discovered several different recipes to try at home, you can begin to enjoy these benefits and appreciate real Chinese food for what it really is. Why Choose Authentic Chinese Recipes? Chinese food is considered to be incredibly healthy and very fast to make, ensuring that it is the perfect snack food. Some More Hot Content For You Greek Lamb Pasta .....
- Warm Duck Breast SaladThis warm duck breast salad is one of my favorite recipes, and my husband especially loves this dish! It is really easy to make too, and a good introduction to the joys of working with duck breast. It does not take long to make. In fact you can have it ready in under half an hour, including both cooking and prep time. This warm duck breast salad is filling enough to be the main dish, but if you were looking for an appetizer duck salad then simply use this recipe to serve 4 and it will make a tasty, filling appetizer dish, or even 6 if you don’t want such large appetizer servings. Any leftover duck can always be refrigerated then used .....
- Gluten Free Grilled Lettuce with Goat Cheese RecipeThis grilled lettuce with goat cheese is a delicious starter recipe and is ideal for people who can’t eat gluten. This might be a simple recipe but it tastes really good. You might not have cooked lettuce before but it is perfect in this delicious gluten free recipe. Grilled Lettuce with Goat Cheese: Uh, Cooked Lettuce – Really? Yes, you really can cook lettuce and not end up with a watery mess in the pan. That does not apply to all lettuce though and you will need to choose something which holds its shape quite well like Little Gem or Romaine. The lettuce just needs to be heated up and crisped on the surface touching the pan. .....
- How to Griddle Chicken BreastThe griddle is a fantastic tool which I often use in the kitchen for cooking not only chicken but steak, fish and vegetables too. You need less fat than if you were to shallow fry or saute, and can expect attractive griddle marks, either lines or crisscross, depending how you turn the chicken while it is cooking. Learning how to griddle chicken breast is so easy and worthwhile. A nice cast iron griddle pan is a worthwhile investment, and since you can cook all kinds of meat, poultry, seafood, vegetables, and even some kinds of cheese (like halloumi) in there, you will find yourself using it frequently. Griddled Chicken Breast Uses One of the .....
- Microsoft Surface Tablet Review and SpecsMicrosoft’s introduction of the new and exciting surface tablet created a huge amount of attention and some people were skeptical regarding the hype. However, the big question whether this Windows Tablet Surface was worth all of the attention was very quickly answered as this tablet is incredible. Do you want to know more about the Microsoft Surface tablet? If so then read on. Every aspect of the tablet is designed with the user in mind, and close attention to detail has ensured that you will enjoy everything. The design of the surface computer is brilliant and offers a lightweight, incredibly thin, compact device. The cover can be .....
- Indian Ground Beef with Fresh Tomato SaladThis Indian ground beef recipe is just amazing and I have made it 5 or 6 times. Despite beef not being the most popular meat in India (the Holy Cow and all that) it works beautifully with this recipe and these seasonings, so if you are into beef and you want to make something Indian, consider this recipe. The ingredients in this Indian ground beef dish work amazingly together and the finished dish is just heaven on a plate. You will cook the beef and onion, then add chickpeas, curry powder and stock. This mixture is served spooned over naan bread with a fresh tomato and cilantro salad. Some More Hot Content For You Greek Lamb Pasta Bake with .....
- Siberian Ice Diamond JewelryWhat is Siberian Ice diamond jewelry exactly, and where can you get some? Siberian Ice is a top quality diamond alternative which has recently begun to take the world by storm. It is very hard like diamonds and can even scratch glass. This diamond alternative is also guaranteed for life. Basically, it is an alternative to real diamonds which is much closer to an actual diamond than other imitations (cubic zirconia, for example) and that is why so many women are going crazy for it. They Look the Same A Siberian Ice diamond has almost the same visual appearance as a true diamond and it is almost as durable too, making it very attractive to .....