Crispy Chicken on Kale Salad
Sometimes the best salads are those which team contrasting ingredients. Take this one, for example. The crispy warm chicken contrasts with the cool kale salad perfectly. I often used mixed salad leaves instead of kale, but my husband loves kale so I use that whenever I can. This crispy chicken on kale salad is so good!
The Perfect Contrast
The chicken is coated in a tasty panko and parmesan mixture and baked in the oven until it is golden brown and crispy, then you can slice it and serve it on top of the tangy honey-mustard dressed salad. This crispy chicken on kale salad sounds good but tastes even better.
This is filling, nutritious and really satisfying. Panko, or Japanese breadcrumbs, are perfect for everything from shrimp to chicken, to add a really crispy coating. We are using Italian dressing to help the coating stick to the chicken, but use a beaten egg if you don’t have the Italian dressing, since that does the same job.
How to Serve Crispy Chicken on Kale Salad
Serve this crispy chicken on kale salad for lunch or dinner. It always goes down well and you will find even the kids love the warm, crispy chicken. You can use any kind of skinless, boneless chicken. Perhaps you have some frozen tenderloins you can thaw overnight or a couple of chicken breasts in the refrigerator. Enjoy this with some crusty bread on the side or just as it is.
Why not garnish the finished crispy chicken on kale salad with some shredded parmesan, a sprig of fresh parsley or anything else you wish to add? Actually anything goes here. Throw some raisins, chopped nuts, sunflower seeds, tangerine segments, capers, pineapple chunks,bacon bits, or anything else you want into the salad. Anything goes here. You can take our crispy chicken on kale salad recipe, put a twist on it, and really make it your own.
- 1 lb (450g) skinless, boneless chicken breast
- 1 cup (150g) Panko crumbs
- ½ cup (75g) shredded parmesan
- ½ cup (125 ml) Italian dressing
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 cups (110g) chopped, stemmed kale (or use salad leaves)
- ½ red onion, in thin slices
- ½ cup (70g) toasted sesame seeds or chopped walnuts
- ½ cup (75g) crumbled feta cheese
- ½ cup (25g) shredded or grated carrots
- ½ diced red bell pepper
- ½ diced yellow bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup (65 ml) olive oil
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- Cover a baking pan in aluminum foil and put a metal cooling rack on top.
- Spray the cooling rack with nonstick cooking spray.
- Put the Italian dressing in one bowl and combine the panko, parmesan and garlic in another.
- Dip the chicken in the dressing and then into the panko mixture to coat.
- Arrange the coated chicken on the cooling rack.
- Cook for 15 minutes, turning halfway through, or until cooked through.
- While the chicken cooks, put the kale or salad leaves in a bowl.
- Whisk the honey, vinegar and mustard in another bowl.
- Slowly pour in the olive oil, whisking all the time.
- Grind in some salt and black pepper.
- Toss the sesame seeds, feta cheese, carrots, bell pepper and red onion with the kale or salad leaves.
- Pour the dressing over the kale or salad leaves and toss to mix..
- Serve the kale salad with the crispy chicken on top.
Photo by Christine Leiser, on Flickr
Some More Hot Content For You
- Authentic Pasta con le Sarde RecipePasta con le sarde is a typical Sicilian dish. The name translates to mean ‘pasta with sardines’ and the sardines along with fennel are the main 2 ingredients in there, those which give it the characteristic taste. Saffron, currants or raisins, pine nuts, and toasted almonds or capers also enrich the dish, offering a unique and special flavor in the finished meal. There are different pasta con le sarde recipes, some of which include tomato pulp and others which do not. Some are finished off in the oven for a few minutes so the pasta can finish cooking in there. When to Make a Pasta con le Sarde Recipe Make this pasta con le sarde .....
- Best Halloween Costumes EverIdeas for Witty Halloween Costumes Funny Halloween costumes may seem a strange choice but they can often make the biggest impact at the party. Not everyone wants to be a regular zombie or ghost, so maybe you are looking out for the best Halloween costumes to wow everyone on this special night. Therefore, choosing a costume which is amusing will ensure that you represent your personality, and dress up as something different this year. Not only will you get a laugh for your clever costume, but also for turning up as something totally unexpected at the Halloween event you are going to. Thinking out of the Box and Appealing to Everyone You have .....
- Chinese Calamari Szechuan StyleMany people enjoy Chinese recipes at least once a week, as the meals are simple to prepare and cook, making them quick and easy for everyone. Chinese appetizers can be enjoyed before a traditional Chinese meal, and many people enjoy this style before their normal main dish, Chinese or not. You might want to try this Chinese calamari Szechuan recipe and see how you find the spice and flavor. There are various authentic flavors from China which you will already be familiar with, and you can get many Chinese ingredients from the regular grocery store, although an Asian grocery store is your best bet if you want to stock up on such ingredients. .....
- Couscous Salad with Parsley and LimeThis is such a refreshing salad and it’s easy to make. We are using regular couscous but if you like Israeli couscous that is also fine, or you could consider bulgar wheat for a result for like tabbouleh. This couscous salad with parsley and lime is zingy, refreshing and really tasty. The key to making a good couscous salad is freshness. I find the more fresh ingredients it contains the better it is, so grab some tomatoes, cucumber, parsley and limes, along with the other ingredients, and you will be able to rustle up this delicious dish and experience all the amazing fresh flavors the way they are supposed to be enjoyed. How to Serve .....
- How to Give Your Wontons an International FlairJust because wontons are Chinese in origin does not mean you have to stick with the tried and tested Chinese wonton recipes. International wontons are an exercise in experimentation and sometimes this fusion really works! Of course, traditional wonton soup is delicious and Chinese-style fried wontons offer a flavor experience that most people enjoy very much, but you might like to experiment with a different take on the classic wonton recipe. Since wonton skins are made with egg, flour and water, they do not have a lot of flavor. This means you can use any kind of filling and rest assured it will complement the wonton skin flavor. For .....
- Cilantro Shrimp Wonton SoupSome people make wonton soup by dropping their filled wontons into their prepared stock and letting them simmer in there but others prefer to cook the wontons in water and then add them to the soup, so as not to make the soup cloudy. Since you are the cook and the one who is going to be eating the dish, it is totally up to you. You can prepare your cilantro shrimp wonton soup however you prefer. The first few times I made cilantro shrimp wonton soup I put the wontons directly in the soup mixture and let them cook in there, but then I experimented with cooking them in water and then lifting them into warmed serving bowls using a slotted spoon .....
- Mexican Christmas Salad with a Hot TwistThis Mexican Christmas salad recipe is traditional in both Old and New Mexico, although we are adding a twist with the charred lettuce wedge. Although romaine (known as cos lettuce in some places) really comes to life on a grill, the delicate leaves do not always stand up to the temperature needed by the rest of the food on the grill, and nobody wants a wilted mess on their plate. Thanks to the blowtorch you can control how much heat you use and where it is directed. Besides, who wants to stand outside shivering over the grill on Christmas day, knee-deep in snow? Er, no thanks! How Mexican Christmas Salad is Prepared In this Mexican .....
- Benefits of Tai ChiWhen most people think of exercise, they think of strenuous activity. Sweating it out at the gym while trying to figure out the weight machines or pounding the pavement outside isn’t the only way to exercise, though. Some exercise can be relaxing and Tai Chi is one of those. Tai Chi is not only an exercise for the body, but only for the mind. There are benefits of Tai Chi most other exercises won’t give you. Some More Hot Content For You How to Make Vegetable Quiche Bling Bling iPad Cases IHOP Pancakes Copycat Recipe Easy Cream Cheese Stuffed Peppers Authentic Scottsdale Stetson Salad Perfect Pink Diamond Rings Decadent Chocolate .....
- Best Avocado Potato SaladHave you ever tried avocado in your potato salad? If not, make some avocado potato salad now because it is really tasty! The avocado adds a creamy, nutty, decadent touch to the potato salad which works so well. This avocado potato salad goes beautifully as a side dish alongside chicken, burgers or any other meat, or try it with fish or something else. Make this once and you are sure to want to make it again and again, and don’t be surprised if everyone asks you for the recipe. Which Potatoes to Use in Avocado Potato Salad We are using baby red-skinned potatoes here but you can use brown-skinned ones if you wish, or even larger potatoes .....
- Choosing the Best Oven to BuyThere are different kinds of ovens on the market but which is the best oven to buy? A single stove or range with a cooking top on top and an oven underneath is space conserving and affordable and found in most houses. However, if you are looking for a new oven, there are a few other options available. Some people who like to cook have stoves with up to eight burners instead of four, grilling and basting functions and built in warmers. Is this the best oven to buy? Well it depends on your requirements. Other people like modular cook-tops which let you add downdrafts, burners, griddles, steamer and deep frying units, rotisseries, broilers and .....