Easy Cobb Salad Recipe
Cobb salad is one of my favorite salad recipes, well that and Caesar salad. It is not the quickest salad to make because there is cooking and chopping involved, but the recipe is well worth making because it is so good! I love this easy Cobb salad recipe and make it a lot.
Cobb salad is also a low-carb salad recipe. The distinctive look of Cobb salad is really appetizing because the ingredients are arranged in rows. Traditionally, a red wine vinegar dressing is served with Cobb salad, but I like to offer a creamy dressing on the side too, in case anyone wants some of that instead.
It is easy to remember the ingredients in this easy Cobb salad recipe if you remember EAT COBB because each letter stands for an ingredient – Egg Avocado Tomato Chicken Olives Bacon Blue Cheese. The black olives are optional and you might find a few on your plate if you order this in a restaurant. I don’t usually use them though.
Easy Cobb Salad Recipe History
It is thought this salad was created at the Hollywood Brown Derby in the 1930s and it was named after Robert Howard Cobb, the owner.
Another source says Robert Kreis, who was the executive chef there, created it in 1929, the year the restaurant opened. There might be other stories too.
Whichever is true, there is no doubt this is a wonderful-tasting salad with a perfectly balanced flavor. You have crunchy and soft, sweet and salty, creamy and sharp.
When I made it I forgot the chives (oops) as you can see on the pictures, and next time I would include them. I like too cook the bacon first, then the chicken in the bacon grease. I also cook the eggs ahead, then keep those ingredients in the refrigerator and just assemble the easy Cobb salad recipe later on.
- ½ chopped bunch watercress
- ½ shredded head iceberg lettuce
- ½ chopped head romaine lettuce
- 1 cubed, cooked chicken breast
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, yolks and whites chopped separately
- 4 oz (115g) crumbled Roquefort or other blue cheese
- 6 chopped cooked bacon strips
- 1 cubed avocado
- 2 chopped fresh tomatoes
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- ¼ cup (4 tablespoons) extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- ½ garlic clove
- Pinch each of salt and black pepper
- Put the dressing ingredients in a blender and puree to make a smooth dressing.
- Arrange the salad leaves on chilled plates.
- Top with the bacon, blue cheese, avocado, chicken, egg white, egg yolk, tomato in rows.
- Drizzle with some of the dressing and serve the rest on the side.
- Sprinkle the chives on top.
If you want to use ranch dressing instead of the oil and vinegar dressing, go ahead.
Some More Hot Content For You
- Pork and Beef Crackslaw with Shredded VeggiesThis pork and beef crackslaw recipe is made using a combination of pork and beef. Although you can make crackslaw with any kind of ground meat (including poultry if you wish) I find that combining pork with beef gives a pleasing result. The pork is juicy and the beef has its own distinctive flavor. They just combine well, especially when making something like pork and beef crackslaw. Here in Holland you can’t buy ground pork by itself (at least not in my local store) which is why I use the half and half mixture quite a lot. Yes I could grind my own pork but I haven’t yet done that. I do have a meat grinder attachment on my food .....
- Round Bath TubsRound bath tubs have always been seen as luxurious, and only for large homes or hotel rooms. In fact, a lot of people have never even climbed into such a bath. However, this style is becoming more popular than ever before and is now considered a standard tub to own. You can buy round bath tubs in many places that sell regular rectangular type ones, so it is just down to personal preference and of course the amount of space you happen to have in your bathroom. It goes without saying that a round one is not going to fit in a square corner. Some More Hot Content For You Perfect Pink Diamond Rings Easy UK Appetizer Ideas Authentic Scottsdale .....
- Best iPad Mini Cases with KeyboardSee all the best keyboard cases for iPad Mini and pick out your favorite. There are iPad Mini cases with keyboard for every taste and budget, no matter whether you want a cute pink one, a handy one which doubles as a padded case, something neat for work, or something else. The iPad Mini is the newest Apple product on the market but there are already plenty of cool accessories for it. If you have one of these tablets already then you will want a cover to keep it safe and a keyboard to make typing speedier. Touch typing on the screen is time-consuming because it is usually one-fingered unless you have mastered the art of typing quicker on .....
- Best Rolling BackpackFirst things first, so what is a rolling backpack? A rolling backpack is a backpack on wheels, although it also has straps so you can carry it on your back. This is an excellent idea for students, to ensure that you do not damage your back whilst transporting all of your books and materials. The best rolling backpack is going to be a great investment. As the amount of books needed for classes increases, the strain on your back can be intense. However, with the rolling backpack, you will apply no pressure to your back, and can ensure that you can transport everything you need. Best Rolling Backpack: Handy for Everybody Rolling backpacks are .....
- What is Tex-Mex FoodTo sum up the answer to ‘what is Tex-Mex food’, Tex-Mex cuisine refers to primarily American dishes found in the state of Texas. This cuisine is a blend of American and Mexican foods. Some of these recipes might not be the same as the authentic Mexican version but it is still referred to as ‘Mexican’ in Texas. People in other states sometimes refer to Tex-Mex as ‘Southwestern’ food. Tex-Mex is thought by some people to be the oldest original cuisine in the US. It was named in 1875 and began when the Texas-Mexican Railway was called Tex-Mex for short. This term was also used for Mexicans who were born in .....
- Best Wine Cooler for the HomeA wine cooler for the home is something you might want to consider. Wine coolers are becoming popular additions as more people include wine with every social gathering. Even if you do not enjoy a daily tipple you can still store your bottles in a cooler until required, then you know it will be the perfect temperature to serve. Not only is wine served for events and parties but as an everyday drink, which is enjoyed throughout the day. Storing the bottles can be a challenge, as you need to ensure that it is chilled correctly and the contents remain in perfect condition. This is why a wine cooler for the home could help. If you do not store .....
- Indian Ground Beef with Fresh Tomato SaladThis Indian ground beef recipe is just amazing and I have made it 5 or 6 times. Despite beef not being the most popular meat in India (the Holy Cow and all that) it works beautifully with this recipe and these seasonings, so if you are into beef and you want to make something Indian, consider this recipe. The ingredients in this Indian ground beef dish work amazingly together and the finished dish is just heaven on a plate. You will cook the beef and onion, then add chickpeas, curry powder and stock. This mixture is served spooned over naan bread with a fresh tomato and cilantro salad. Some More Hot Content For You Greek Lamb Pasta Bake with .....
- Best Brussels Sprouts Side DishI admit I used to hate Brussels sprouts as a child, largely thanks to the way they were presented in an over-boiled, mushy heap (apologies to my mother if she’s reading this) but seriously, sprouts are not only healthy, they can be yummy too, as long as you cook them right! So, find out how to cook Brussels sprouts like a pro and make the best Brussels sprouts side dish of all. In the old days, this vegetable used to be boiled to soggy death in water, then plonked on the plate alongside the meat or poultry of choice, and kids everywhere (myself included) would leave them on the plate until they were cold, hoping they would just… .....
- How to Steam ChickenAfter you have discovered just how delicious your steamed ground beef wontons are, you might like to try steaming something else. Learn how to steam chicken and discover a brand new way of making it. After all, your steamer is a very handy piece of apparatus. So how about steaming a chicken? This is very healthy since you don’t need to add fat, and the water (the steam) keeps the meat moist and juicy. Cook small birds, like the Cornish hen, whole or larger ones in pieces, maybe just the breast or even quarters if you have a larger steamer. If you do not have an electric steamer, you can use a bamboo steamer or metal rack above a pan of .....
- Chicken Thighs with Apricot and CuminThis easy chicken recipe is suitable for any occasion. Chicken thighs are used here, because they are more moist and succulent, not to mention more flavorful, than chicken breast, which can dry out more easily. Chicken thighs with apricot and cumin make a delicious dinner for the whole family. Why not try this recipe tonight? As well as the chicken, you will be adding garlic and onion for a nice base flavor, as well as cumin and coriander for taste, carrot and fennel for crunch and color, and of course chopped apricots for a lovely, fruity flavor. Look at the recipe and you will see how simple this is to make, so if you were looking for an .....