Easy Cobb Salad Recipe
Cobb salad is one of my favorite salad recipes, well that and Caesar salad. It is not the quickest salad to make because there is cooking and chopping involved, but the recipe is well worth making because it is so good! I love this easy Cobb salad recipe and make it a lot.
Cobb salad is also a low-carb salad recipe. The distinctive look of Cobb salad is really appetizing because the ingredients are arranged in rows. Traditionally, a red wine vinegar dressing is served with Cobb salad, but I like to offer a creamy dressing on the side too, in case anyone wants some of that instead.
It is easy to remember the ingredients in this easy Cobb salad recipe if you remember EAT COBB because each letter stands for an ingredient – Egg Avocado Tomato Chicken Olives Bacon Blue Cheese. The black olives are optional and you might find a few on your plate if you order this in a restaurant. I don’t usually use them though.
Easy Cobb Salad Recipe History
It is thought this salad was created at the Hollywood Brown Derby in the 1930s and it was named after Robert Howard Cobb, the owner.
Another source says Robert Kreis, who was the executive chef there, created it in 1929, the year the restaurant opened. There might be other stories too.
Whichever is true, there is no doubt this is a wonderful-tasting salad with a perfectly balanced flavor. You have crunchy and soft, sweet and salty, creamy and sharp.
When I made it I forgot the chives (oops) as you can see on the pictures, and next time I would include them. I like too cook the bacon first, then the chicken in the bacon grease. I also cook the eggs ahead, then keep those ingredients in the refrigerator and just assemble the easy Cobb salad recipe later on.
- ½ chopped bunch watercress
- ½ shredded head iceberg lettuce
- ½ chopped head romaine lettuce
- 1 cubed, cooked chicken breast
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, yolks and whites chopped separately
- 4 oz (115g) crumbled Roquefort or other blue cheese
- 6 chopped cooked bacon strips
- 1 cubed avocado
- 2 chopped fresh tomatoes
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- ¼ cup (4 tablespoons) extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- ½ garlic clove
- Pinch each of salt and black pepper
- Put the dressing ingredients in a blender and puree to make a smooth dressing.
- Arrange the salad leaves on chilled plates.
- Top with the bacon, blue cheese, avocado, chicken, egg white, egg yolk, tomato in rows.
- Drizzle with some of the dressing and serve the rest on the side.
- Sprinkle the chives on top.
If you want to use ranch dressing instead of the oil and vinegar dressing, go ahead.
Some More Hot Content For You
- How to Steam ChickenAfter you have discovered just how delicious your steamed ground beef wontons are, you might like to try steaming something else. Learn how to steam chicken and discover a brand new way of making it. After all, your steamer is a very handy piece of apparatus. So how about steaming a chicken? This is very healthy since you don’t need to add fat, and the water (the steam) keeps the meat moist and juicy. Cook small birds, like the Cornish hen, whole or larger ones in pieces, maybe just the breast or even quarters if you have a larger steamer. If you do not have an electric steamer, you can use a bamboo steamer or metal rack above a pan of .....
- Low Carb FishcakesFishcakes make an excellent meal, accompanied by a salad or your choice of vegetables, and they are also ideal for a low carb diet, making a change from the steak or chicken you might be getting tired of. Make these low carb fishcakes because you will love the taste and they don’t taste like diet food at all. A lot of people start low-carbing and over-indulge in the red meat, then wonder what else there is. Repetition can be good because you can stick to the same meals all the time but for some people repetition can be their downfall because they get bored, so add some low carb fishcakes to your meal rotation to keep things .....
- Hot Herring Starter Recipe with Mustard SauceMustard and white wine sauce goes beautifully with many types of fish and herring is no exception. The following hot herring starter recipe combines potatoes, herring, onion and mustard sauce for a full flavored starter recipe. The herring is flavored with lemon juice and grilled, the potatoes are boiled and the onion is served raw, to make a crunchy and piquant garnish. How to Serve this Hot Herring Starter This fish appetizer is suitable for a buffet table or a dinner party. Just serve it with a big serving spoon and let people help themselves. You can serve extra mustard sauce on the side if you like, as well as underneath the potato .....
- Szechuan Quorn Crackslaw with Peanut ButterThis lovely recipe blends Quorn (a vegetarian alternative to ground meat) with vegetables, peanut butter and other Asian seasonings to make the most delicious quorn crackslaw stir fry you can imagine. Make it as simple or as spicy as you wish. Whether quorn crackslaw is a new concept to you or you are just seeking other recipes for this dish, this one is worthy of your consideration. Also known as veggie crack, this vegetable crack slaw recipe is addictive because of the wonderful flavors, but feel free to indulge because it’s super low in carbs! Szechuan Crack Slaw Stir Fry It is your choice how to prepare the vegetables for this dish .....
- Easy Blender Milkshake RecipeMaking a milkshake in the blender is incredibly easy and you just need to add milk, ice and some fruit, press the button and within a few seconds you will have a tasty, creamy and frothy drink to enjoy. An easy blender milkshake recipe is worth adding to your repertoire and you will love the flavor. One of the most unusual recipes is our almond and rosewater milkshake and you can scroll down for that recipe. Our red apple milkshake is also wonderful. Once you have mastered these you can start making up your own milkshakes, throwing in anything you want. What to Add to an Easy Blender Milkshake Recipe Use canned fruit (drain it if it is a .....
- Gorgeous Kitchen Accessories for Every TasteMost people have more technology in their kitchens than in any other room and these items are very useful for preparing all kinds of meals. Cooking is a lot of fun and time-saving appliances, gadgets and kitchen accessories make short work of cooking. Having an attractive kitchen is half the fun too and whether you are looking for retro red kitchen accessories, useful cheap kitchen accessories or something to suit your individual tastes, there is certainly plenty for you to choose from. Cooking is a stress reducer and sadly many people rely on quick, easy meal recipes rather than focus on making good quality food. Kitchen gadgets cut down on .....
- Baked Alaska Recipe with Caramel SauceThis baked Alaska recipe with caramel sauce is one of my favorite desserts, teaming delicious, refreshing ice cream with perfect meringue. Here we are serving the baked Alaska with caramel sauce to make the dessert even more decadent. This dessert is served cold, and the meringue completely covers the ice cream inside, making it look like a big iceberg, hence the name. Although you can make individual baked Alaska desserts, we like to make one big ones, using a small ready-made chocolate sponge cake, topping that with 2 kinds of ice cream, and then adding the sweet, sticky meringue mixture. I bet you can’t wait to try this baked Alaska .....
- 1930s Kitchen Ideas for a Retro FeelA 1930s kitchen was considered to be a product of the streamlined era, and included several different trends both modern and retro. You can introduce 1930s kitchen ideas into your own kitchen to bring a touch of this charming era into the room where you cook, spend time and perhaps where everyone tends to gather at parties. By the 1930s homeowners had begun to enjoy decorating their homes and wanted their kitchens to be modern and trendy. There were many time-saving gadgets available, and housewives enjoyed organization and had far less clutter. 1930s Kitchen Ideas: Appliances and Accessories Kitchens became a key place for the whole family .....
- Mexican Cauli RiceKnowing how to make cauliflower rice is very handy whether you are looking for a low-carb substitute for rice, you are trying to cut down your calories, or you simply want to use up a cauliflower or sneak some added nutrients into your meal. Try this Mexican cauli rice dish for yourself and you’ll be amazed how good it is. This Mexican cauliflower rice recipe is simple to prepare, and it is something you can tweak to your heart’s content. The first thing you need to do of course is transform your raw cauliflower into rice-sized pieces, and the easiest way to do this is to put it in the food processor with a blade attachment and .....
- Baked Stuffed Zucchini BoatsLow in calories but high in flavor, this wonderful baked stuffed zucchini boats recipe is sure to please your palate. The middles of the zucchini are scooped out and then you can add a wonderful ham and cheese filling, and bake them to perfection. This is a very easy baked stuffed zucchini boats recipe which is nice served with Spanish rice or risotto, and just as nice served alone as a savory snack. If you want to make this dish vegetarian friendly, simply omit the ham, or else you might like to swap it for shrimp, salmon, walnuts, or pretty much anything else. Tweak the Filling to Make It Your Own The main ingredients in this baked stuffed .....