Exotic Mango and Chicken Salad
This tasty and exotic mango and chicken salad recipe is a fusion style appetizer, blending the flavors of southeast Asia. This creative cuisine has its roots in Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand and Indonesia and this is a really juicy and flavorful starter recipe. You can either serve it on a big plate if you are making starters for a buffet or give everyone a plateful. Salad greens and tomato are great as a garnish and this is a great idea for a starter recipe.
A Wonderful Asian Dressing
The salad dressing used for this exotic mango and chicken salad is a combination of yogurt, ginger, lime juice and soy sauce. You could add some sesame seeds too, if you want to.
Half the dressing is used to marinate the chicken and infuse it with Asian flavour and the rest is used to coat the mango, chicken and other ingredients. This delicious Asian salad recipe also includes avocado, snow peas, boiled egg and onion for plenty of texture variety and crunch.
You can serve this exotic mango and chicken salad chilled if you like but it is delicious if you serve it while the chicken is still warm. This is a healthy starter recipe, as well as an incredibly tasty one and you can serve this chicken and mango salad recipe before any main course. This is a great buffet recipe or a colorful and delicious starter for dinner time.
- 4 chicken breast fillets, cut in half horizontally
- 1 avocado, peeled and chopped
- 1 mango, peeled and chopped
- 150g (5½ oz) snow peas, trimmed and blanched
- 2 boiled eggs, shelled and chopped
- 200g (7 oz) mixed salad leaves
- 1 tomato, cut into 8 wedges
- 1 yellow onion, peeled and chopped
- 400g (14 oz) natural yogurt
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoons soy sauce
- 5½ tablespoons lime juice
- Cooking spray
- Sprig of fresh parsley, to garnish
- Stir the yogurt, ginger, soy sauce and lime juice together and pour half this mixture over the chicken.
- Leave it in the fridge to marinate for half an hour.
- Spray a frying pan with cooking spray and saute the marinated chicken over a medium high heat until it is cooked through.
- Let it cool.
- Chop the chicken and toss it with the avocado, mango, snow peas, eggs and onion, as well as the rest of the yogurt dressing.
- Arrange the salad leaves on a serving platter and spoon the mango and chicken salad on top.
- Decorate the platter with the tomato wedges and a sprig of parsley.
The blend of textures, colors and flavors in this exotic chicken and mango salad starter is amazing. The juiciness of the mango is wonderful with the succulent chicken, the creamy avocado and the Asian flavored yogurt dressing. If you are looking for something unusual, this chicken salad recipe is guaranteed to hit the spot. It is easy to make and, if you want to serve it cold, you can make it up to an hour before serving, and just keep it in the fridge. Keep it covered if you are going to that though, so it doesn’t dry out.
Some More Hot Content For You
- Benefits of Tai ChiWhen most people think of exercise, they think of strenuous activity. Sweating it out at the gym while trying to figure out the weight machines or pounding the pavement outside isn’t the only way to exercise, though. Some exercise can be relaxing and Tai Chi is one of those. Tai Chi is not only an exercise for the body, but only for the mind. There are benefits of Tai Chi most other exercises won’t give you. Some More Hot Content For You Authentic Scottsdale Stetson Salad Bling Bling iPad Cases IHOP Pancakes Copycat Recipe Perfect Pink Diamond Rings Easy Cream Cheese Stuffed Peppers Easy UK Appetizer Ideas Tender Oven Baked Short Ribs .....
- Classic Deviled Eggs RecipeDeviled eggs are wonderful as a starter recipe. The eggs are boiled, then cut in half lengthwise. Mash the yolk with mayonnaise and seasonings to make a delicious filling, then garnish this classic deviled eggs recipe with fresh herb sprigs. The resulting dish will look great and taste great too. This is something you can make in about 15 minutes, so if you are looking for starter recipes for a dinner party or something for last minute guests, this could become your go-to recipe. Tips for Delicious Deviled Eggs Some people like to add plenty of spice when making a classic deviled eggs recipe, and that could be chili powder, Tabasco sauce or .....
- Plus-Size Fashion to Flatter Curvy GirlsAlthough many stores carry plus-size fashion clothing these days for curvy girls, there are also stores designed with plus-size girls in mind where you don’t have to rifle through the racks searching for your size and everything is generously proportioned. These days plus-size clothes are not what they used to be. There is so much more choice and you can get some gorgeous pieces, items designed to flatter your curves rather than hide them, and clothing to enhance your best assets while disguising your least favorite, and that is something every girl wants to do regardless of shape or size. Range of Plus-Size Fashion Choices Because of an .....
- Micro Sim CutterFirst of all, what is a micro sim cutter? If you already have a sim-card then you might find your new phone will only accept a nano or micro sim size. So how do you trim your card to make it fit? Obviously making a mistake is going to make it pretty much useless. The answer is to invest in one of these cutters and cut your new sim easily and quickly. A good cutter will have adapters to transform your micro sim back to a regular size if you need to use it in a phone which takes that size. Some More Hot Content For You Tender Oven Baked Short Ribs Easy UK Appetizer Ideas Easy Cream Cheese Stuffed Peppers Bling Bling iPad Cases Perfect Pink .....
- Pastel de Choclo Recipe from ChileI first tried this amazing corn pie in Chile and immediately fell in love with it. The ingredients might sound a little strange but it’s really good, I promise! Some people use beef while others use chicken. The corn topping on this pastel de choclo recipe is crisp, sticky and sweet and the eggs, black olives and other ingredients lend authenticity. Side Dish Options What is a good side dish for our pastel de choclo? Well, I like it with a simple tomato, garlic and onions salad on the side, or you might want to steam some broccoli or another favorite vegetable instead. This keeps well in the refrigerator for a few days and is easy to .....
- Which Starter to Serve with Your Main CourseChoosing which starter to serve alongside your main course may seem like a straightforward task; however there are several different elements that you need to consider. When you are planning your menu, you may be surprised to know that you need to choose your main course first. Once this has been selected, you can begin to build the rest of the dinner around this core dish. The main course that you choose is often considered to be the focal point of the whole meal; this means the starter will simply be there to complement the dish. There are basic guidelines and rules that are used to ensure that you do not make any mistakes whilst selecting .....
- Mending a Broken HeartWe have all felt heartbroken at times and sometimes nothing seems to be able to shake off that horrible, empty feeling. Knowing how to mend a broken heart means you can move on with your life. If your partner has left you or something else bad has happened there are various ways to help you get over it and the saying ‘time heals’ actually does apply, even if you are not feeling especially optimistic about anything at the moment. You cannot force yourself to feel better but some tips on getting over the pain include the following: Spend time with family or friends. Having people you care about around you while you are going through a .....
- Omuraisu Recipe – Japanese OmeletAlso known as omurice or omu-rice, omuraisu is a typical Japanese dish featuring fried rice and omelet, and often some ketchup too. Omuraisu is a contraction of the Japanese words for omelet and egg. This omuraisu recipe is not hard to make and you will love the flavor. This dish can be found in Western style restaurants in Japan as well as in Japanese homes, and it was also introduced to Korea under Japanese rule. You can find it in Taiwan too which was also under Japanese rule for some time. This dish has been around since the early 1900s. Different Kinds of Omurice Chicken rice, chicken and vegetable rice or beef rice can be wrapped in a .....
- 4G Internet PhonesAre 4G phone reviews accurate or not so accurate? Before you choose a new 4G phone read the reviews. Checking a 4G internet phones review will ensure that you have all of the relevant information that you need before purchasing the phone. 4G is perhaps not what everone wants but if you want to move with the times and have a super-quick phone and internet connection it is definitely the way forwards. 4G Internet Phones: New Technology 4G internet phones have been promoted as the new technology, which will change the way that people use the Internet. Mobile telecommunications will be altered, and services that seemed too extreme will be .....
- Authentic Chinese Wonton SoupTraditional Chinese food recipes are fascinating and following these will allow you to prepare the meal as it has been made and enjoyed for centuries. Every element of the authentic Chinese wonton soup recipe including the ingredients, preparation and serving suggestions are authentic. The original style of preparing and cooking the Chinese recipes are incredible, and will allow you to indulge in top quality Chinese foods, keeping things traditional at every stage. Ensuring that Chinese Food Recipes are Traditional You may enjoy Chinese food, but what you purchase in the local takeout or eat at a Chinese buffet is unlikely to be .....