Exotic Mango and Chicken Salad
This tasty and exotic mango and chicken salad recipe is a fusion style appetizer, blending the flavors of southeast Asia. This creative cuisine has its roots in Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand and Indonesia and this is a really juicy and flavorful starter recipe. You can either serve it on a big plate if you are making starters for a buffet or give everyone a plateful. Salad greens and tomato are great as a garnish and this is a great idea for a starter recipe.
A Wonderful Asian Dressing
The salad dressing used for this exotic mango and chicken salad is a combination of yogurt, ginger, lime juice and soy sauce. You could add some sesame seeds too, if you want to.
Half the dressing is used to marinate the chicken and infuse it with Asian flavour and the rest is used to coat the mango, chicken and other ingredients. This delicious Asian salad recipe also includes avocado, snow peas, boiled egg and onion for plenty of texture variety and crunch.
You can serve this exotic mango and chicken salad chilled if you like but it is delicious if you serve it while the chicken is still warm. This is a healthy starter recipe, as well as an incredibly tasty one and you can serve this chicken and mango salad recipe before any main course. This is a great buffet recipe or a colorful and delicious starter for dinner time.
- 4 chicken breast fillets, cut in half horizontally
- 1 avocado, peeled and chopped
- 1 mango, peeled and chopped
- 150g (5½ oz) snow peas, trimmed and blanched
- 2 boiled eggs, shelled and chopped
- 200g (7 oz) mixed salad leaves
- 1 tomato, cut into 8 wedges
- 1 yellow onion, peeled and chopped
- 400g (14 oz) natural yogurt
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoons soy sauce
- 5½ tablespoons lime juice
- Cooking spray
- Sprig of fresh parsley, to garnish
- Stir the yogurt, ginger, soy sauce and lime juice together and pour half this mixture over the chicken.
- Leave it in the fridge to marinate for half an hour.
- Spray a frying pan with cooking spray and saute the marinated chicken over a medium high heat until it is cooked through.
- Let it cool.
- Chop the chicken and toss it with the avocado, mango, snow peas, eggs and onion, as well as the rest of the yogurt dressing.
- Arrange the salad leaves on a serving platter and spoon the mango and chicken salad on top.
- Decorate the platter with the tomato wedges and a sprig of parsley.
The blend of textures, colors and flavors in this exotic chicken and mango salad starter is amazing. The juiciness of the mango is wonderful with the succulent chicken, the creamy avocado and the Asian flavored yogurt dressing. If you are looking for something unusual, this chicken salad recipe is guaranteed to hit the spot. It is easy to make and, if you want to serve it cold, you can make it up to an hour before serving, and just keep it in the fridge. Keep it covered if you are going to that though, so it doesn’t dry out.