Tasty Tuna Pasta Salad with Artichokes
This tuna pasta salad with artichokes recipe is right up your street if you are looking for something new to do with pasta and tuna, and you would prefer something cold to hot.
This dish can be eaten by itself, paired with mixed salad leaves, taken to school or work as a box lunch, or made in bulk for a potluck supper, gathering or special event. It is simple to prepare and you can use canned tuna and artichokes for ease of preparation.
This lovely tuna pasta salad with artichokes recipe is usually served chilled but, for a change of pace, you might want to serve it warm, while the pasta is hot and the tuna mixture is cold. Combine all the ingredients well and the resulting dish will be warm. This might be nicer if the weather is chilly.
If you chill it though, you can make it up to a day or so ahead, which is also convenient. The only thing you cook is the pasta so don’t worry about heating up your kitchen too much.
As well as being tasty and also unusual, you will be pleased to discover this is a very easy dish to prepare, even if you are a newbie in the kitchen. There is nothing difficult about making this, and you can even tweak the recipe if you want to swap some ingredients for others. Really make this pasta salad recipe your own.
About the pasta, feel free to swap the spirals for penne, shells or another favorite shape. When you make the recipe you might like to mix in half the pasta with the tuna mixture first, then add the rest bit by bit.
Pasta is cheap and you don’t necessarily need to use the whole lot. You can keep it chilled for another recipe anyway if you don’t end up using it all here. Cook it to al dente, which means cooked but still with a little bit of bite. You don’t want soggy overdone pasta here.
Feel free to adapt the tuna pasta salad with artichokes recipe. You can leave out the capers if you don’t like them or swap the parsley for basil if you prefer, fresh of course.
As for the tuna, it is best to use a good brand and if you can only get the kind in water add a splash of extra-virgin olive oil to the dish so you don’t miss out on it in the finished flavor and texture of the dish.
- 12 oz (340g) pasta spirals
- 6 oz (168g) canned artichoke hearts, drained, and larger pieces halved lengthwise
- 1 minced garlic clove
- ½ cup (10g) chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 12 oz (335g) canned tuna in oil
- ¼ cup (45g) capers, drained
- Grated juice and zest of a lemon
- Black pepper, to taste
- Cook the pasta to al dente, following the directions on the package.
- Combine the artichoke hearts, garlic, parsley, undrained tuna, capers, lemon juice and zest, and black pepper.
- You might need to chop the tuna if there are any big chunks.
- Drain the pasta well, then toss with the tuna mixture.
- Chill for an hour, then serve.
Some More Hot Content For You
- An Introduction to Breda for VisitorsBreda (pronounced bray-DAH) is a city and municipality in the south of the Netherlands. The name comes from ‘brede Aa’ which means ‘wide Aa’, referring to where the rivers Mark and Aa meet. In 2014, Breda, Netherlands had 180,420 residents. Breda is known for its food and drink industry, and companies like Van Melle (Mentos), Kwatta (chocolate), Hero (soft drinks), and De Faam (licorice) are based there and known throughout Western Europe. Breda beer is exported all over the world, and there is also a sugar factory there to supply the sweet stuff to the food and beverage factories. The biggest brewery in the Netherlands, Oranjeboom, was .....
- Authentic Malaysian Popiah RecipeThis is such a great Malaysian popiah recipe! Popiah, which literally means ‘thin wafer’ is like an egg roll, or spring roll, and this is common street food in Malaysia, but also found in Taiwan, Medan and Singapore. Shredded vegetables are always found in them, but some also contain shrimp, meat or egg. A Malaysian popiah recipe is a Chinese dish in origin, coming from the Fujian province of China. These little snacks are easy to make. Simply get yourself a package of popiah wrappers (spring roll or egg roll wrappers are fine) and julienne-cut your vegetables. A little salt and pepper is all we are using here for the seasoning .....
- Chunky Vegetable Stew with Potato RostiNothing beats a stew on a chilly day, and even if you do not eat meat or chicken, you can still make the most wonderful flavored chunky vegetable stew with potato rosti. This dish is made with vegetables instead of meat so it is also nutritious. The onion and garlic are fried first, just to turn them golden brown and bring out their wonderful aromas, then all the other ingredients go into the pot and the stew really starts to take shape. The seasonings for the chunky vegetable stew with potato rosti are cumin and orange juice, and then of course you have the garlic taste. This might not sound like much but don’t forget how great the .....
- Cat Behavior ExplainedOur furry feline friends have some fascinating behavioral habits which might be confusing to their owners but they do have explanatory reasons. Why do cats purr for example? Does it mean they are happy and content? Here is a look at some of the more common feline behaviors so you can consider at least some cat behavior explained. Cat Behavior: Why Do Cats Purr? Cats use purring as a communication device. A cat will purr when something makes them feel happy, comfortable or safe. A kitten and its mother often purr together as a sign of comfort and being relaxed and the kitten will continue the purring behavior throughout its life. It has also .....
- Tasty Chinese SeasoningsLearning how to season your Chinese recipes is essential if you want them to be successful. Chinese seasonings can liven up plain dishes. The seasonings used in Chinese recipes create the special flavors which differentiate the regional styles. Sesame oil, oyster sauce, chicken broth and soy sauce are the most commonly used seasonings in Chinese cuisine. These Chinese seasonings can be added before, during or after cooking, depending on the recipe. If you are serving a dish with rice, the seasoning should be heavier than if you were serving it alone. Savory dipping sauces are often served with Chinese recipes, and the most popular Chinese .....
- Best Vertigo Treatment to Stop the Room SpinningFirst things first, what is vertigo? To sum up, it is a dizzy feeling. If you have it, the room will seem to be spinning or moving. It can be linked to inner ear or eyesight disorders and the only way to get rid of it is to find the best vertigo treatment. Dizziness is something most of us experience now and then but vertigo is a feeling of spinning or tilting, a persistent sense of motion which you feel when there is nothing moving. How Does It Feel? Nausea, vomiting and/or sweating can accompany it, and in severe cases you can’t even walk down the street in a straight line because it feels like everything is moving or tilting. It .....
- Easy Recipe for Coq au VinCoq au vin is a wonderful French dish featuring chicken, bacon, mushrooms and red wine. Other typical ingredients in this dish include garlic, thyme and onion. Our easy recipe for coq au vin shows how to to prepare this wonderful French treat. If your mouth is watering already you are not alone. This combination of ingredients appeals to nearly every palate, offering both richness and gentle aromatic flavor. Harmonious Flavors Come Together The red wine and bacon work beautifully together to add a special rich taste to the finished easy recipe for coq au vin dish, and of course the chicken thighs offer plenty of juicy flavor of their own......
- Lahmacun Turkish Pizza RecipeEveryone loves pizza but perhaps you are becoming a little bored with your usual pepperoni or meat feast option. In that case, it might be high time you try something brand new like our lahmacun Turkish pizza recipe. Just about every cultures has its own take on pizza. It really is a global phenomenon. In Turkey, lahmacun is a typical dish, and it is basically a pizza base topped with meat and Turkish flavors. What Goes on Top of a Lahmacun Turkish Pizza Recipe Also known as an Armenian pizza recipe, a lahmacun Turkish pizza recipe is usually topped with either lamb or beef, along with minced veggies and herbs, including tomatoes, onions and .....
- Best Beer Brewing SystemsBrewing systems come in different shapes and sizes, so you can choose whatever of the best beer brewing systems is best for you. This device will allow you to make your own beer or other drinks at home without having to lift heavy brew kettles. You can choose from beer, wine, cider, mead, and other drinks using the process of fermentation. You can make non-alcoholic or alcoholic drinks with these systems. It’s Legal, Right? Well, the legality of home brewing does vary from place to place, although it has been done in various places all over the globe for over 7000 years. If you fancy making your own beer, why not have a look at some of .....
- Basic Prawn Cocktail RecipeA classic starter recipe, prawn cocktail is delicious and often features as a starter on Christmas day or another special occasion. This salad uses Salad Cream (a British condiment) but you can use mayonnaise in this basic prawn cocktail recipe if you prefer. Optional Tweaks There are lots of different prawn cocktail recipes and you can add halved cherry tomatoes or thin cucumber slices if you want. As long as the prawns are well drained, this recipe keeps well in the fridge for a few hours before serving. This is a very basic pawn cocktail recipe so if you are looking for something more elaborate, you might prefer to look at our classic .....