Chinese Napa Cabbage Side Dish
I made this Chinese Napa cabbage side dish recipe using half a cabbage and half the ingredients, and it made a great dish for 2 people. I made soy sauce chicken to go with it.
To make that, you need to slice chicken breast in half across the width, then soak it in soy sauce for an hour and cook on the griddle until cooked through.
The 2 dishes together were lovely. You could also serve noodles or rice on the side but I didn’t. This recipe is very easy and it really brings out the Chinese Napa cabbage side dish flavor. Even if you aren’t sure whether or not you are a cabbage fan, this dish is worth trying, and cooking cabbage in this way means it not only makes a good Asian side dish but it also tastes good!
Why I love a Chinese Napa Cabbage Side Dish
It’s a nice dish to make if you are serving Asian style meat, poultry or fish, and even if you don’t usually choose cabbage this is a really good recipe.
I wouldn’t serve plain boiled cabbage or make cabbage soup but using cabbage in such a recipe really works nicely, so I’d fully recommend this Chinese Napa cabbage side dish. If you an’t get Napa cabbage (also known as Chinese cabbage) try this using bok choy instead.
- 1 sliced head of Napa cabbage
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1 sliced small onion
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger or ½ teaspoon dried ground ginger
- Saute the onion, garlic and ginger in the oil for a minute.
- Add the cabbage and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes.
- Add the rice vinegar and soy sauce.
- Cook for a few minutes or until the cabbage is wilted.
- Served drizzled with the sesame oil.