Cream of Cauliflower Soup Recipe
This delicious cream of cauliflower soup recipe is thick and creamy. If you want to make the best cream of cauliflower soup recipe, this is a very nice recipe to choose. Each serving offers 150 calories, 12g carbs, 4g protein and 10g fat. This makes a very nice lunch or appetizer.
I often make curried soups but occasionally I like to make something creamy, and cauliflower is really good. Mashed cauliflower (like mashed potatoes but with cauliflower) is also very good, and I like to add cauliflower to curries.
Cream of Cauliflower Soup Recipe: So Simple and Good
What makes this cream of cauliflower soup recipe special is the simplicity of it. The focus is all on the cauliflower and the other ingredients are used to complement it. So if you are wondering what kind of soup to make, you might like to try this one. It really is yummy.
I make this whenever I am in the mood for soup, but something creamy as opposed to spicy or new. This is a classic favorite and once you taste some of it you will want to make it again and again. Cauliflower soup might not sound immediately inspiring.
After all, many of us remember soggy boiled cauliflower from our childhoods and nobody likes that, but convert it into a tasty soup and you will love just how the cauliflower taste seems to work in harmony with the other ingredients in this dish. Try this cream of cauliflower soup recipe, I promise you’ll like it!
- 2 leeks, including 2 inches of the green part
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 chopped celery rib with some of the leaves
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 6 cups (1500ml) chicken broth
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 1 head cauliflower in florets
- 1 cup (250ml) Half & Half (light cream)
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Cut the leeks in half lengthwise then thinly slice them crosswise.
- Heat the oil and butter in a pot over a low heat.
- Wilt the leeks and celery with leaves in there until they are soft.
- This will take about 10 minutes.
- Add the garlic during the final 5 minutes.
- Stir in the ginger and curry powder then cook for a minute over a very low heat.
- Add the broth, cauliflower and lemon juice.
- Turn the heat up to high and bring the soup to a boil.
- Turn down the heat and simmer, partly covered, for 15 minutes or until the cauliflower is nice and tender.
- Purée using the food processor until smooth, adding the Half & Half via the feed tube.
- You can add extra broth now until you get the right consistency.
- Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
Some More Hot Content For You
- Hot and Sour Squid SoupHot and sour soup is a lovely Chinese dish, featuring chili, vegetables and more, but this recipe takes the recipe to the next level adding squid to the mix, so you can enjoy the wonderfully soft texture of that in the soup. A hot and sour squid soup might sound like an exotic recipe but it is really easy to make. Take a look at the following hot and sour squid soup recipe and you will see how anyone could put this together. Feel free to make it as spicy or as mild as you like. If you are feeling under the weather or you think you are getting a cold or the flu, up the spices to help fight it off! You can make this soup as an appetizer or .....
- Tasty Ground Chicken WontonsGround chicken is not the most common ingredient to fill wonton wrappers, but it is a versatile protein which combines well with various types of vegetables and seasonings. These little dumplings can be deep-fried, steamed or poached for a soup, and ground chicken is lean so lower in fat that some other types of meats. Try these ground chicken wontons and experience an authentic, tasty flavor. Delicious Dumplings: Chicken Makes a Change A lot of people have only tried the ground pork or ground beef option for making theirs, and ground chicken makes such a nice change, a nice change of pace. Try it and you will be pleasantly surprised by the .....
- Choosing Kitchen Cabinets and CountersThe kitchen is the heart of the house, so choosing kitchen cabinets and counters is something you ought to take your time doing. This room is where you make delicious meals, congregate during parties and get the family together for a relaxing dinner. But even though you might have all the best kitchen gadgets, your kitchen cabinets and kitchen counters might need replacing. Why Replace Them Anyway Perhaps your cabinets are too small or they do not match the rest of the kitchen, which is why you are choosing kitchen cabinets and counters. Before you rush out to buy new ones, there are a few things to think about. How many cabinets do you need .....
- Best Brussels Sprouts Side DishI admit I used to hate Brussels sprouts as a child, largely thanks to the way they were presented in an over-boiled, mushy heap (apologies to my mother if she’s reading this) but seriously, sprouts are not only healthy, they can be yummy too, as long as you cook them right! So, find out how to cook Brussels sprouts like a pro and make the best Brussels sprouts side dish of all. In the old days, this vegetable used to be boiled to soggy death in water, then plonked on the plate alongside the meat or poultry of choice, and kids everywhere (myself included) would leave them on the plate until they were cold, hoping they would just… .....
- How to Freeze CornIf you have a lot of corn to use up, it might be better to freeze some of it. If you have ever bought frozen corn and used it in meals you will know that the texture is good. Thawed corn kernels and canned ones have a very similar texture actually. Knowing how to freeze corn is very helpful because if you eat corn it’s likely you will want to freeze some at some point. You can freeze cooked corn easily. I often use corn in pasta recipes and freeze the leftovers. These meals are fine when they thaw out. If I am planning to freeze a pasta meal then I choose not to add cream, eggs or anything else that won’t freeze well as part of .....
- Charming Chicken PotstickersThese chicken potstickers are so good. One is never enough. Ten is too many. Well maybe. They’re just so tasty you’ll want to keep popping them into your mouthy! Potstickers are an Asian delight, and these little snacks are usually filled with meat and vegetables, along with Chinese seasonings. Pork is often used, but here we are using chicken instead. This chicken potstickers recipe is very simple to make and the potstickers make fantastic appetizers, whether you want to serve hot snacks with drinks, or a first course before your entree at dinner. You can use turkey if you prefer it to chicken. Along with the poultry these .....
- Incredible Pink Diamond RingsLook at these amazing pink diamond rings. Every lady loves diamonds. They are a girl’s best friend after all. But pink ones can be truly stunning, and they are really popular at the moment, especially in celebrity circles. Have you seen a real pink diamond? These stones are incredible. You can get real, lab-created or imitation pink diamonds of varying qualities. So pick something which fits not only your style but your budget. Different Options for Different Budgets You can get a pink ‘diamondlike’ CZ ring for $20 or a high quality genuine one for $10,000. It depends how much you are willing to spend on pink diamond rings......
- Microwave Beef Stew Belgian StyleThis microwave beef stew Belgian style is one of the best stew recipes I have tried. Living so close to the Belgian border we can simply go over any time we crave this full-flavored stew and satisfy our cravings, but it is just as easy to make yourself at home, so read on and discover how the Belgians make a tasty beef stew. The following recipe shows you how to make this dish in the microwave which is perfect if you do not want to stand over the stove, stirring, or use a crockpot. The end flavor is just the same as the slow-cooked version but it is much faster. Microwave Beef Stew Belgian Style: What Kind of Beef to Use The recipe features .....
- Chili with Baked PotatoChili is always good, especially when served on a baked potato with some grated cheese on top, and perhaps also some sour cream or guacamole if you like it. Try chili with baked potato for lunch and see how satisfying this dish is. Chili is versatile enough to be tweaked a lot, so not only can you choose how spicy you want it but you can also choose the ingredients which go in there, such as kidney beans or another kind of bean, garlic, even some grated Mexican chocolate or cocoa powder if you wish. This recipe shows you how to make a simple chili con carne recipe using ingredients guaranteed to come together seamlessly and offer an .....
- Vegan Squash Crostini RecipeThis is a delicious vegan dip which sits on crispy crostini. This vegan squash crostini recipe is a great appetizer for vegans and you can use sweet potato instead of squash if you prefer. You don’t have to be a vegan to enjoy this lovely vegan recipe, and if you are having a mixed crowd (ie some vegans and some veggies and others who are carnivores) this is a nice offering because it’s suitable for everyone. What is Crostini? Before you make this vegan squash crostini recipe you might like to know more about the dish. Crostini means toasted bread, and of course the Italian word sounds much more elegant. It can be topped with .....