Seafood Soup Recipe
This seafood soup recipe is made from scratch, so you will get all that amazing seafood flavour you love so much. Whether you are using lobster, crab, prawns or a mixture, the flavor is amazing.
The better the seafood broth you use in this seafood soup recipe, the better it is going to taste. Whenever you are basing a whole recipe on a broth you need to make sure you use something of quality. It is so important.
Great Ingredients Blend Together
There are quite a few different ingredients in this seafood soup recipe but use them all and you will be so glad you did. The most important ingredients are the seafood and whatever you use to make the broth.
Whenever you eat seafood save the shells and freeze them. Each time you have more, then add the shells to the mixture, and before too long you will have enough bits and pieces to make a seafood soup or seafood stock.
- 250-500ml (1/2 - 1 pint) boiled shell stock
- 400g (14 oz) canned, fire-roasted, diced tomatoes
- Seafood (shrimp, crab, lobster or whatever you have)
- 2 teaspoons tomato paste
- 1 diced, roasted red pepper
- 4 teaspoons diced green chili pepper
- 2 jalapenos
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 chopped onion
- 1½ teaspoons black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ancho chili pepper
- 850ml (1¾ pints) seafood stock
- 1 tablespoon fresh coriander (cilantro)
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 235ml (1/2 pint) red wine
- Half a teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- Salt, to taste
- Extra-virgin olive oil, as needed
- If you have some seafood in the shell, discard the shells then cook them on a soft boil for 15 minutes.
- These shells will make great stock to add to the soup.
- Saute the onion in oil until tender and beginning to brown.
- Add the jalapeno and garlic for 2 minutes to soften.
- Add the tomatoes and seasonings, and then stir. Then add the wine.
- Add the stocks, tomato paste and bay leaf.
- Simmer for 10 minutes, adjusting the seasonings if need be.
- Add the seafood, adding the most dense items first.
- Cook for a minute or two and then add the smallest sizes last until everything is cooked through.
- Serve the soup with crusty bread, savoring the wonderfully fresh flavors.
This seafood soup recipe is really easy to make and if you appreciate the flavor of delicious fresh seafood you are going to love this. It is up to you which kind of seafood you use but lobster, shrimp and crab are all good. When you cook the seafood bear in mind that everything has a different cooking time. A small shrimp will cook in 2 minutes, for example, while quarter of a whole crab is going to take longer. This seafood soup makes an aromatic, delicate and delicious starter recipe.
Photo by FreeDigitalPhotos.net
Some More Hot Content For You
- Thick and Creamy Pumpkin SoupThick and creamy pumpkin soup is a winter favorite. There are many ways to make it and a lot of people like it thick, rich and sweet, but there are also more savory options. In some parts of Europe, for example, the soup will include onion, garlic, bacon and herbs. In other parts of the world this soup is made very sweet and can almost be compared to a dessert. No wonder thick and creamy pumpkin soup is so popular with the kids. Personally I love the ‘comfort food’ kind of pumpkin soup and I love adding maple syrup, cream and other wonderful ingredients to bring out the flavor of the pumpkin. I like to roast my pumpkin before .....
- Best Loaded Nachos Comfort Food StyleSo you want to make the best loaded nachos comfort food? You’ve come to the right page. Very few dishes offer as much as nachos do, and that includes the wonderful flavors combining spicy with creamy with mild, as well as textures because you have all kinds of those, ranging from soft to crunchy. Nachos can be served as a snack, appetizer or meal, and homemade nachos are, of course, the best! The following best loaded nachos comfort food recipe combines nachos with beef, homemade pico de gallo, cheese, spices, and more. But this is your recipe so you could take inspiration from the photo and use leftover roast beef instead of the .....
- Easy Summer Appetizer IdeasOne of the things that brings people together is the enjoyment of food. There are few things better than gathering around a table on a summer evening to snack and relax with friends. And there are easy summer appetizer ideas for all palates and occasions, so you won’t be stuck for choice. What makes appetizers so appealing when compared to full meals? Appetizers are usually bite size, making them easy to eat while socializing, and a table full of different options is far more exciting than committing to just one meal or flavor. Many summer appetizer ideas are not only easy to eat, but also easy to prepare. Cold appetizers are .....
- Low Carb Tortilla PizzaThis low carb tortilla pizza is incredibly good and it takes about 10 minutes to make and the same again to cook. Whether or not you have made pizza before, you will find this low carb tortilla pizza incredibly simple, and the sky is the limit as far as toppings are concerned. Use a low-carb tortilla to make your pizza. I recommend the Mama Lupe ones because they’re so good and only 3 carbs (and 60 calories) each. And they are the closest in flavor to regular tortillas. I also tried the La Tortilla brand for my low carb tortilla pizza because those are only 50 calories each but… nope not as good as the Mama Lupe ones. This low .....
- Easy Banana Bread with ApplesauceThis incredibly easy banana bread with applesauce recipe is made by combining bananas with applesauce, eggs, vanilla and flour. Some sugar, baking soda, baking powder and salt also go into the mix. Making this is very straightforward because you just have to combine the ingredients in a bowl, transfer the resulting mixture into a greased loaf pan, and then you can bake it until done. Easy Banana Bread with Applesauce: Such a Tempting Snack Served hot with butter and honey, this makes the most amazing snack, and it is a great comfort food. Homemade banana bread appeals to all the family from the youngest to the most senior, and there are all .....
- The Best Beauty Books You Can GetDo you want to improve or change the way you look? If so, have you thought of learning exactly what kinds of cosmetics are best for you, along with how to correctly put them on? Do you want to learn all the latest makeup trends and find out how to apply makeup like a pro? If you are, you may have turned to the web or fashion magazines, but have you thought about buying a beauty book? Some of the best beauty books will give you all the tricks and tips you need to know in order to look your best. If you haven’t or perhaps if you have, you might be wondering whether or not the best beauty books are really worth the money. When it comes to .....
- Easy Baked Chicken Breasts with TomatoesThis easy baked chicken breasts with tomatoes dish is a wonderful recipe for busy weeknights. All you need to do is add the chicken with the other ingredients to an ovenproof dish and then bake it until the chicken is cooked through. Yes it really is that easy to make this wonderful easy baked chicken breasts with tomatoes meal! Recipes like this appeal to the whole family from the smallest to the most senior, and you can either make the recipe as it is written, or take a look in your refrigerator and see which vegetables you have which can be used up. Serve the finished baked chicken with asparagus and mashed potatoes, with broccoli and .....
- 7 Great Cheeseburger TipsSometimes nothing can beat the comfort food appeal of a juicy, freshly cooked hamburger. If you make cheeseburgers at home, you might be interested in learning a few handy cheeseburger tips to ensure your burgers always come out perfectly. One of the most important parts of your cheeseburger is the meat you use for the patty. For the best results, you should choose 80/20 ground meat. That means it is 80% lean and 20% fat. If you use lean, or worse still extra-lean, meat, you will end up with a dry burger, and that is never attractive. Fat isn’t the enemy. Serve your burger with some salad or a vegetable side dish to balance out the .....
- Best Eggplant GratinEggplant has a unique flavor and it works really well as a gratin, when you add a crispy crumb topping and get it really crispy and golden brown. This eggplant gratin could be a side dish for chicken, fish, meat, or even a vegetarian entree served with bread or another starch on the side. Tasty Versatile Eggplant Gratin Eggplant, known as aubergine in some places, is easy to find, and you can do plenty with it such as making the classic dish moussaka, in which it is layered with ground meat, or you can batter it and deep-fry it for a crispy snack, or even take a look at the following eggplant gratin recipe and discover this brand new idea .....
- Authentic Hot Russian Borscht SoupThis bright red, Russian soup is delicious and famous. Enjoyed all over the globe, the flavor is unmistakable and this is quite a healthy dish as well. It takes a while to put together so wait until you have a clear day then take your time making it lovingly, and the result will please you so much. Although borscht is usually served cold, a hot Russian borscht soup can also be very good, especially if the weather isn’t the best and you want to be warmed up. This nutritious recipe boasts onion, cabbage, potatoes and carrots, as well as the tasty beets which offer the distinctive flavor. You also have kidney beans in there, plus ketchup, .....