Authentic Chinese Wonton Soup
Traditional Chinese food recipes are fascinating and following these will allow you to prepare the meal as it has been made and enjoyed for centuries. Every element of the authentic Chinese wonton soup recipe including the ingredients, preparation and serving suggestions are authentic.
The original style of preparing and cooking the Chinese recipes are incredible, and will allow you to indulge in top quality Chinese foods, keeping things traditional at every stage.
Ensuring that Chinese Food Recipes are Traditional
You may enjoy Chinese food, but what you purchase in the local takeout or eat at a Chinese buffet is unlikely to be traditionally Chinese. This means if you have the opportunity to experience traditional Chinese recipes as they should be prepared, you will be surprised. The taste, texture and preparation methods are likely to be incredibly different. Try this authentic Chinese wonton soup to start your taste buds off on your culinary journey.
Where to Find Traditional Chinese Recipes
Finding traditional Chinese recipes will be harder than you think, as many of the recipes available online have been modified. Locating a website with traditional recipes may take some time but it will be incredibly rewarding.
You will be able to spoil yourself with delicious wontons, tasty noodles and exotic flavors.
Another great idea is to treat yourself to an authentic Chinese cookbook written by a Chinese chef.
That way you can be totally sure the food you are preparing is completely traditional and not a modern interpretation of hybrid Western-Chinese fare.
Easy Chinese Recipes Book, on Amazon
Getting Authentic Ingredients
Traditional recipes will need the correct ingredients, which can be difficult to find. Ethnic grocery stores are the best place to begin your search, and you will be amazed at what they have to offer. Markets and Asian warehouses are perfect for discovering the ingredients you may not have been able to find previously.
Making Authentic Chinese Wonton Soup
A great starting point in your Chinese cooking adventure has to be wonton soup. This delicacy is enjoyed in China and although the wontons are often filled with a shrimp and pork mixture, you can use any stuffing you want.
The wontons for this authentic Chinese wonton soup are usually cooked in water, then transferred into the cooked soup. Serve small portions of this as a snack or appetizer, or larger ones as a complete filling meal. Feel free to adapt the following recipe adding other ingredients like vegetables, noodles or anything else you want, and make it mild or spicy as you prefer.
- 10 cups (2⅓ liters) chicken broth
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- ½ teaspoon sesame oil
- 1½ cups (100g) chopped bok choy
- 1 minced garlic clove
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ½ lb (225g) ground pork
- 30 wonton wrappers
- ¼ cup green onions
- ¼ cup bamboo shoots
- 1½ teaspoons rice wine vinegar
- ½ cup sliced shiitake mushrooms
- Heat the oil in a big pot then add the garlic and ginger.
- Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the green onions and broth, simmer for 30 minutes.
- Mix the egg yolk, rice wine vinegar, pork, soy sauce, sesame oil and red pepper together.
- Lay out the wonton wrappers, and fill with the pork mixture.
- Wet the edges and seal into triangles to ensure the mixture cannot leak.
- Pinch out any excess air.
- Cook the bok choy, bamboo shoots and mushrooms in the soup.
- Add the wontons using a spoon.
- Simmer the broth and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Some More Hot Content For You
- Low Carb Steak Marinade RecipeSteak is a popular protein on low carb diets because it is nutritious, filling and versatile. You can marinate it, use a spice rub or sauce, grill, barbecue or pan-fry it, or prepare it in another way. Plain steak and vegetables can become a bit boring and tedious though, which is why knowing how to make an easy low carb steak marinade recipe can breathe new life into your evening meal, adding tasty, spicy accents. The following low carb steak marinade recipe is made with basil, onion, garlic, salt, black pepper, red pepper flakes, balsamic vinegar, and olive oil. You will need to let the steak soak in the marinade to soak up all the .....
- How to Cook Quinoa on the StoveQuinoa is quickly becoming a popular food in America and throughout the world. The fast spread of this low-fat superfood grain has led to people wondering how to cook it at home. Chances are you’ve probably eaten it at a restaurant or at a friend’s house. Now you’re wanting to know how to cook this amazingly tasty food for you and your family and you want to know how to cook quinoa on the stove. The good news is that quinoa (pronounced keen-wah) is really easy to cook at home. It’s certainly no more difficult to cook than rice or buckwheat, which is good news for all of you that want a taste of this superfood without having to pay the high .....
- History of WontonsEveryone loves wontons! So what is the history of wontons and how did they come about, get so popular and make their way all over the globe into all of our hearts? Well, wontons originated in North China. They used to be sealed stuffed buns and were named ‘huidun’ which means chaos. The name was later changed to ‘wonton’ to suit the Chinese writing characters. Today the word wonton is understood all over the globe, and new varieties and flavors are coming out all the time. Flour wonton wrappers are stuffed, and then boiled, steamed or fried. They are very similar to Chinese dumplings, although wontons are made with .....
- Ham and Lentil SoupAdd ham to your lentil soup and not only do you have a tasty, nutritious soup but you can also enjoy the meatiness that ham adds in there. Ham and lentil soup is great for lunch or as a comforting, warming snack. Whether you are using a ham hock or some leftover cooked ham, you can add that flavor to the lentil soup and be guaranteed that it will come out beautifully. Ham and lentil soup is usually thick and chunky, and the lentils will start to disintegrate when they are cooked, thickening up the soup without you needing to add starch or another thickener. Why You Should Make this Ham and Lentil Soup This is a great recipe for home cooks .....
- Seafood Stuffed SquidThis classic recipe for seafood stuffed squid combines shrimp, fish and squid to make a seafood-rich meal. You will need large squid for this. Each one is stuffed with shrimp, and fish and then you make a sauce using tomato, paprika, bread, wine and onion which goes over the squid. The sauce flavors the squid, adds moisture to the dish and also looks good on the plate when you serve the seafood stuffed squid. Cut the squid into slices to serve for the best-looking result. The filling for this seafood stuffed squid should match the amount of squid but if you have any leftover squid including the tentacles, you can cut it into rings and .....
- Easy Pasta Salad with Parmesan CheesePasta salad is always a winning dish. It is cheap to make, you can use leftover cooked pasta or cook some in about 10 minutes, and there are all kinds of flavors you can add to this easy pasta salad with parmesan cheese. In this recipe we are keeping with the Italian theme (although you might like to look at our Indian pasta salad for a wonderful fusion idea!) by incorporating parmesan cheese and sun-dried tomatoes. Dressing Tweaks Although the tangy red wine vinegar dressing is good, sometimes I prefer to just use mayo for a super-simple dressing which boasts a lovely creaminess everyone is going to love. You can add other flavors to the .....
- Spanakopita Greek Spinach PieThis amazing Greek dish is famed not only in Greece but anywhere in the world there are Greek people or Greek restaurants. I personally love Spanakopita Greek spinach pie and one slice is never enough! The joy of Spanakopita Greek spinach pie is that it is made with phyllo pastry. Adding melted butter between the pastry layers makes it really flaky and tasty. The filling is spinach, egg, 2 kinds of cheese, onion and parsley, and the flavor is simply amazing. You can either make triangular servings or one large Spanakopita Greek spinach pie which is cut into slices. The method is the same but the large pie will take about twice the time to .....
- Tasty Taco Salad in Tortilla BowlsAs much as I love salad (and I really do!) I do find myself getting bored with the same old salad recipes over and over, which is why finding a new recipe or learning a new salad tip or trick is always so great. Take this taco salad for example. Not only can you expect the flavorful flavors of Mexico, but you also get a crunchy taco bowl to serve the salad in. I love to present my taco salad in tortilla bowls because it looks so impressive but is actually easy! Tortilla bowls are very easy to make and you can do them in the oven. Use cooking spray and you add only a few calories to the tortillas themselves. You can serve any kind of salad in .....
- White Food Recipes for After Teeth WhiteningHaving your teeth professionally whitened is the best way to get that gorgeous pearly shade without breaking the bank on veneers or another expensive treatment. The process itself is usually painless although your teeth might be a little sensitive afterwards. You will need white food recipes for after teeth whitening for a couple of days. Even though it’s possible to fashion a menu from the list of ‘allowed’ white foods it’s helpful to have some fresh ideas to keep things interesting! Read on to learn what you can eat after teeth whitening, what you must avoid after teeth whitening, and some more teeth whitening .....
- Easy Winter Appetizer IdeasMost people love to cozy up and relax during the colder months. There’s something about the winter weather that brings people together and gathering around some hearty and easy winter appetizer ideas is a great way to spend that time with friends and family. In the winter, it’s best to serve warm foods, but don’t let that overwhelm you. There are plenty of ways to present a great spread without slaving away in the kitchen for hours. You don’t have to tell anyone how easy the winter appetizer ideas were to prepare! One simple strategy for an appetizer sure to impress is to do fondue. Fondue can be easily customized to your party’s theme .....