Pork and Shrimp Wonton Soup
These flavorful pork wontons feature shrimp, ginger, green onion and more. Try pork and shrimp wonton soup for your supper tonight and enjoy the fresh flavors. Pork and shrimp wontons are usually served in authentic wonton soup recipes and if pork and shrimp go together better than you might imagine. If you have ever tried bacon-wrapped shrimp, you will know this is a match made in heaven. Pairing pork and shrimp means you will have a delicious wonton filling for your wontons. In addition to the pork and shrimp, the wontons feature ginger, soy sauce, Chinese rice wine and more, for a traditional wonton feel and a mouthwatering finish.
How to Make Pork and Shrimp Wonton Soup
For this pork and shrimp wonton soup, first you need to make the wonton filling, then fill and seal the wonton wrappers and finally simmer then in chicken stock for a bit. The finished soup is light yet satisfying and if you are looking for wonton soup recipes which are easy enough for a beginner to master immediately, this might be a nice one to start off with. The wonton soup is hearty and satisfying, so it would be perfect for a cold evening, but it is also light and delicate enough to work well as a spring or summer meal.
This free wonton recipe gives you an idea how easy it is to make authentic wonton soup to delight your family, and it is quick to make too. Everyone will love this pork and shrimp wonton soup. The wonton filling mixture should be left to stand for half an hour, to intensify and blend the flavors, but once the chicken stock reaches a simmer, you can drop the wontons in, and they only take about four minutes to cook. The soup is then ready to be ladled into bowls and served piping hot.
- ½ lb (500g) roughly chopped boneless pork loin
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh ginger root
- 1 tablespoon Chinese rice wine
- 2 oz (50g) peeled, finely chopped shrimp
- 1 teaspoon minced green onions (spring onions)
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onions
- 3 cups (700ml) chicken stock
- 24 square wonton wrappers (3½ inch or 9 cm)
- 8 cilantro (fresh coriander) leaves, for garnish
- Combine the pork, shrimp, wine, ginger, minced green onion, soy sauce and sugar in a big bowl and mix well.
- Let this mixture stand for half an hour so the flavors can blend.
- Put a teaspoon of this filling in the middle of each wonton wrapper.
- Wet the edge of each one with water and pull the top corner over to the bottom, folding the wonton wrapper to enclose the filling in a triangle shape.
- Press the edges firmly to seal.
- Bring the left and right corners together over the filling and overlap the tips. Moisten them with water and press them together.
- Bring the chicken stock to a boil and drop the wontons in. Let them simmer for 4 minutes or until they turn translucent and float to the top.
- Garnish the soup with sliced green onion and cilantro before serving.
As the picture shows, a traditional pork and shrimp wonton soup recipe makes a very attractive dish. The cilantro and green onion garnish adds a vibrant splash of color, and the filled wontons float like soft clouds in the light, aromatic soup. In Cantonese, the word wonton translates to mean ‘swallowing clouds’ and you will understand why, when you taste this amazing traditional wonton soup recipe. Although this is a light, fragrant soup, it is also satisfying and very tasty. If you want to make a quick and easy soup recipe, this one is ideal.
Some More Hot Content For You
- Easy Chinese Chicken Stir FryThis easy Chinese chicken stir fry is the simplest Chinese recipe ever, and once you make it you will certainly want to make it again and again. We are using chicken and vegetables, along with a flavorful sauce, and this makes a wonderful dinner served with rice, noodles or your favorite Asian side dish. You will need skinless, boneless chicken breast to make this easy Chinese chicken stir fry, along with vegetables (either snow peas and water chestnuts or carrots, or anything else you like, such as mushrooms, bamboo shoots, broccoli or bell pepper). The sauce for the easy Chinese chicken stir fry is up to you. I like to combine 2 .....
- Chinese Calamari Szechuan StyleMany people enjoy Chinese recipes at least once a week, as the meals are simple to prepare and cook, making them quick and easy for everyone. Chinese appetizers can be enjoyed before a traditional Chinese meal, and many people enjoy this style before their normal main dish, Chinese or not. You might want to try this Chinese calamari Szechuan recipe and see how you find the spice and flavor. There are various authentic flavors from China which you will already be familiar with, and you can get many Chinese ingredients from the regular grocery store, although an Asian grocery store is your best bet if you want to stock up on such ingredients. .....
- Moroccan Appetizer RecipesExperimenting with food and flavors is part of the fun when discovering new recipes and Moroccan food is often considered to be exotic and exciting. Why not experiment with Moroccan appetizer recipes and discover a brand new flavor sensation? Authentic Moroccan cuisine is straightforward, yet full of distinctive flavors and aromas. There is no other cuisine quite like it. You might never have considered cooking Moroccan food before but there is a huge array of different Moroccan appetizer recipes to choose from and no matter which ingredients you like to use, or what taste you want to aim for, there is sure to be a perfect recipe for you to .....
- Chinese Napa Cabbage Side DishI made this Chinese Napa cabbage side dish recipe using half a cabbage and half the ingredients, and it made a great dish for 2 people. I made soy sauce chicken to go with it. To make that, you need to slice chicken breast in half across the width, then soak it in soy sauce for an hour and cook on the griddle until cooked through. The 2 dishes together were lovely. You could also serve noodles or rice on the side but I didn’t. This recipe is very easy and it really brings out the Chinese Napa cabbage side dish flavor. Even if you aren’t sure whether or not you are a cabbage fan, this dish is worth trying, and cooking cabbage in .....
- Braised Lamb Shanks in Red Wine SauceI fell in love with lamb shanks the first time I ever tried them. They are so tasty, so juicy and the flavor is amazing. Lamb shanks are best slow cooked and, although you can do them in the oven, a crockpot or Dutch oven will be your very best friend in the kitchen if you want really great results from this braised lamb shanks in red wine sauce recipe. One lamb shank per person is enough, and they go really well with mashed potatoes and vegetables (maybe red cabbage, asparagus or carrots) along with your choice of sauce. I like to make lamb shanks in the crockpot and then either spoon the sauce directly over the meat, or else reduce it in a .....
- How to Plan Kitchen ImprovementsIf you want to improve your kitchen it is vital to plan it properly. If you don’t plan well, you might end up with an expensive bad kitchen which you are unhappy with. This is why it’s vital to learn how to plan kitchen layout, improvements and everything else. In the past, kitchen planning involved the stove, sink and refrigerator work triangle and the work surfaces took second place. Today there is a lot more to think about. Do you want a modern style kitchen? Do you want a rustic style kitchen with a kitchen pantry? Do you have your own ideas about how to blend styles to give your kitchen your own personal touch? It is common these .....
- Tasty Thai Tuna SaladThis Thai tuna salad is a great recipe because you can throw it together in about 10 minutes. Canned tuna is often nice in Asian recipes and I have used it in stir-fries before. This recipe adds Thai ingredients to the mix to offer an authentic Southeast Asian flavor. There is no cooking involved in this Thai tuna salad and you can have this on the table in less than half an hour from right now, if you have all the ingredients. If not, feel free to make adaptations because there are plenty of tweaks you could make to such a versatile dish. Thai Tuna Salad: Play with the Flavors Maybe you would like to switch the spices. I used ground ginger .....
- Recipe for Stuffed Squid TubesHearty ingredients like breadcrumbs, cheese, shrimp, tomato and onion are combined for the filling here, along with aromatics like cumin, paprika, cayenne and coriander. The squid are fried in a skillet on the stove and then sliced to serve. Try these stuffed squid tubes and discover just how wonderful homemade calamari recipes can be. Italian Style Stuffed Squid Tubes This stuffed squid tubes dish is a very tasty recipe and the use of seasonings and spices makes it an unusual one too because the Mediterranean filling is combined with bold spices to offer plenty of dimension to the flavor. This video is narrated and there are plenty of .....
- Make Popcorn without OilPopcorn is a delicious snack but how do you make it without using oil? Actually there are various ways to make popcorn without oil, so forget the fattening microwave kind which is laden with salt and grease, and grab some plain unpopped kernels instead. They are surprisingly cheap, which is another bonus. An ounce of those contains just 1 gram of fat. You can pop these kernels yourself without needing any fat. What You Will Need to Make Popcorn without Oil Grab yourself 1/3 cup of plain kernels, a medium to large pot with a tight-fitting lid, some oven mitts or an oven glove, and some salt or another flavor to add to your finished dish. You .....
- Thai Fried Rice with EggThis is a wonderful side dish to have with chicken, pork or another kind of meat, or you could enjoy it by itself for lunch or a light evening meal. Thai fried rice with egg is similar to the Chinese egg fried rice you might be more familiar with. We are just including typical Thai flavors instead of Chinese ones. This only takes about 5 minutes to make because you are warming up the rice, cooking the vegetables to al dente (which doesn’t take long) and cooking shrimp (which doesn’t take long either!) If you prefer to use chicken or another protein, shredded cooked chicken can be tossed in at the end with the green onions, and .....