Pork and Shrimp Wonton Soup
These flavorful pork wontons feature shrimp, ginger, green onion and more. Try pork and shrimp wonton soup for your supper tonight and enjoy the fresh flavors. Pork and shrimp wontons are usually served in authentic wonton soup recipes and if pork and shrimp go together better than you might imagine. If you have ever tried bacon-wrapped shrimp, you will know this is a match made in heaven. Pairing pork and shrimp means you will have a delicious wonton filling for your wontons. In addition to the pork and shrimp, the wontons feature ginger, soy sauce, Chinese rice wine and more, for a traditional wonton feel and a mouthwatering finish.
How to Make Pork and Shrimp Wonton Soup
For this pork and shrimp wonton soup, first you need to make the wonton filling, then fill and seal the wonton wrappers and finally simmer then in chicken stock for a bit. The finished soup is light yet satisfying and if you are looking for wonton soup recipes which are easy enough for a beginner to master immediately, this might be a nice one to start off with. The wonton soup is hearty and satisfying, so it would be perfect for a cold evening, but it is also light and delicate enough to work well as a spring or summer meal.
This free wonton recipe gives you an idea how easy it is to make authentic wonton soup to delight your family, and it is quick to make too. Everyone will love this pork and shrimp wonton soup. The wonton filling mixture should be left to stand for half an hour, to intensify and blend the flavors, but once the chicken stock reaches a simmer, you can drop the wontons in, and they only take about four minutes to cook. The soup is then ready to be ladled into bowls and served piping hot.
- ½ lb (500g) roughly chopped boneless pork loin
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh ginger root
- 1 tablespoon Chinese rice wine
- 2 oz (50g) peeled, finely chopped shrimp
- 1 teaspoon minced green onions (spring onions)
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onions
- 3 cups (700ml) chicken stock
- 24 square wonton wrappers (3½ inch or 9 cm)
- 8 cilantro (fresh coriander) leaves, for garnish
- Combine the pork, shrimp, wine, ginger, minced green onion, soy sauce and sugar in a big bowl and mix well.
- Let this mixture stand for half an hour so the flavors can blend.
- Put a teaspoon of this filling in the middle of each wonton wrapper.
- Wet the edge of each one with water and pull the top corner over to the bottom, folding the wonton wrapper to enclose the filling in a triangle shape.
- Press the edges firmly to seal.
- Bring the left and right corners together over the filling and overlap the tips. Moisten them with water and press them together.
- Bring the chicken stock to a boil and drop the wontons in. Let them simmer for 4 minutes or until they turn translucent and float to the top.
- Garnish the soup with sliced green onion and cilantro before serving.
As the picture shows, a traditional pork and shrimp wonton soup recipe makes a very attractive dish. The cilantro and green onion garnish adds a vibrant splash of color, and the filled wontons float like soft clouds in the light, aromatic soup. In Cantonese, the word wonton translates to mean ‘swallowing clouds’ and you will understand why, when you taste this amazing traditional wonton soup recipe. Although this is a light, fragrant soup, it is also satisfying and very tasty. If you want to make a quick and easy soup recipe, this one is ideal.
Some More Hot Content For You
- Choosing the Best Bathroom AccessoriesDecorating the bathroom is juggling the aesthetic with the functional. A good bathroom starts with the right floor and wall coverings and then you will need a toilet, basin, bath and perhaps a bidet. Adding the best bathroom accessories completes this room to perfection. A standalone shower is another option, depending on the size of your bathroom, and you can also choose bathmats, toilet brush holders, lighting and other bathroom accessories to make your bathroom stylish and comfortable. There are various styles you could go for, including a modern bathroom, a traditional and old-fashioned bathroom with vintage elements, a one- or two-tone .....
- Best Starter Recipes with PineapplePineapple is more than just a fruit and more than merely a dessert ingredient. You can make starter recipes (as they are called in the UK) or appetizers (as those of you in the US and Canada will know them) with pineapple because its sweet flavor contrasts beautifully with savory flavors like cheese, bacon, or chicken. There are starter recipes with pineapple for all occasions. Why not serve a fruit salad or pineapple sorbet – who’s to say an appetizer has to be savory Pineapples are an excellent fruit to include in the family’s diet, and you will all benefit from having this delicious food daily. This tropical fruit has a .....
- Cat Behavior ExplainedOur furry feline friends have some fascinating behavioral habits which might be confusing to their owners but they do have explanatory reasons. Why do cats purr for example? Does it mean they are happy and content? Here is a look at some of the more common feline behaviors so you can consider at least some cat behavior explained. Cat Behavior: Why Do Cats Purr? Cats use purring as a communication device. A cat will purr when something makes them feel happy, comfortable or safe. A kitten and its mother often purr together as a sign of comfort and being relaxed and the kitten will continue the purring behavior throughout its life. It has also .....
- 7 Boneless Skinless Chicken Thigh RecipesChicken thighs are a wonderful option. Not only are they cheap and easy to find, but they are also very tasty, boating plenty of flavor. You can make all kinds of delicious boneless skinless chicken thigh recipes and you are sure to adore the taste. Unlike chicken breast, which can dry out quickly, the higher fat content in chicken thighs keeps them succulent and moist. They are forgiving even if you overcook them a bit. If you spot some on sale in the grocery store, grab them because there are plenty of wonderful boneless skinless chicken thigh recipes you can rustle up using chicken thighs. You can expect a great flavor from a good chicken .....
- Cheese Baked OmeletThere are lots of egg recipes to choose from if you want to enjoy eggs for breakfast, and this delicious, filling ingredient can be prepared in various ways. This cheese baked omelet is just one of your options. Boiled, scrambled or fried eggs are always good, or you can make an omelet, either conventionally on the stove, or, if your stove is crowded with other breakfast delights such as bacon, sausage and mushrooms being fried, you can make an omelet in the oven. Keep things easy using just eggs, milk or cream and a little onion to give the omelet some crunch. You can also add extra vegetables like bell pepper, mushrooms or even some .....
- Retro Shades and Vintage SunglassesSo what is the appeal of groovy shades? Shades, or sunglasses, come in many styles and designs, and although there are plenty of modern ones a lot of people like to go for the retro style sunglasses which often appear in vintage clothing stores, and on Amazon and eBay. Consider retro shades if you want a cool look. Whether you are looking for some classic vintage Chanel sunglasses or something fun made with brightly colored plastic, there are lots of old-fashioned styles you can get, and retro shades are even cooler than a lot of modern ones. Pick out something that suits the shape of your face as well as your personality and not only can .....
- Alpine and German Weather HousesFirst things first… what on Earth is a weather house and why would you use German weather houses? Well, a weather house is a little house in the shape of a Swiss or German chalet, and it is used to indicate the weather. Usually there are 2 side-by-side doors, with a girl in the left one and a boy in the right one. If the weather is supposed to be dry and sunny the girl comes out. If it’s going to be rainy the boy comes out. The boy/girl might be young or they might be man/woman figures depending on the design of the weather house itself. Alpine and German weather houses are all different so you can choose exactly what you prefer. .....
- Make Popcorn without OilPopcorn is a delicious snack but how do you make it without using oil? Actually there are various ways to make popcorn without oil, so forget the fattening microwave kind which is laden with salt and grease, and grab some plain unpopped kernels instead. They are surprisingly cheap, which is another bonus. An ounce of those contains just 1 gram of fat. You can pop these kernels yourself without needing any fat. What You Will Need to Make Popcorn without Oil Grab yourself 1/3 cup of plain kernels, a medium to large pot with a tight-fitting lid, some oven mitts or an oven glove, and some salt or another flavor to add to your finished dish. You .....
- Easy Roasted Duck LegsDuck legs are much simpler to cook than duck breast, although that is not difficult either. Moreover they are nearly impossible to overcook because of the fat content keeping them succulent. All you need for the following easy roasted duck legs recipe are duck legs, thyme, salt and pepper, although you can also cook potatoes in the oven with the duck if you wish. Adding Potatoes to Your Easy Roasted Duck Legs If you do want to cook potatoes with the duck, simply peel and chop or slice potatoes and arrange them around the duck in the oven, then they can cook together. The reason I usually roast the potatoes is because the fat coming out of .....
- The Evolution of Starter RecipesIt’s interesting to learn about the evolution of starter recipes. Starters, or appetizers as they are also known, are served in most cuisines and cultures. These snacks were served in ancient Persia thousands of years ago and ancient Roman aristocracy used to enjoy eggs, fruit and similar treats before eating their main course. Appetizers have been served for many years in the UK as a snack before the main course arrived but modern ones can be quite different from old fashioned ones. Of course, you can still serve traditional recipes but it is also fun to experiment with the wide range of ingredients that are available today but that .....