Amazing Quinoa Burger Recipe
These delicious vegetarian burgers are made with quinoa and beans, ensuring they are hearty and appealing to vegetarians and carnivores alike. Quinoa, pronounced keen-wah, is a tasty grain available in health food stores and, these days, most food markets too. It is great for making everything from side dishes to this delicious quinoa burger recipe.
Quinoa is actually a pseudocereal, not a true cereal, since it is not in the grass family. Quinoa is closely related to spinach and beetroot.
It is high in protein and can be used to make appetizers, entrees, risotto-type dishes, and even burgers. If you have never cooked with this grain, grab some the next time you go to the store and make this wonderful quinoa burger recipe. You will then want to find more uses for quinoa because it is tasty, filling and really versatile.
One of the Tastiest Vegetarian Burger Recipes
Quinoa works particularly well in burgers and is a great solution if you want a meat-free burger, something new and different, or simply a vegetarian change from the standard bean burger options.
The following quinoa burger recipe teams the quinoa with black beans, egg and breadcrumbs for a nice texture, along with bell pepper, garlic and onion for added flavor and fiber, and cumin and hot sauce for a spicy touch. If you want to make any substitutions like switching the black beans for corn or the bell pepper for jalapenos, or leaving out the garlic or cumin, go ahead and make these tasty patties your own.
When they are done, add them to burger buns along with sliced tomato, red onion and lettuce. Add some ketchup or mayonnaise and serve warm. Everyone will love the flavor of these fantastic homemade burgers.
- ½ cup (60 ml) water
- 15 oz (430g) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- ¼ cup (40g) quinoa
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1½ teaspoons ground cumin
- Breadcrumbs made from 2 slices of bread
- ½ minced yellow bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced onion
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 burger buns, to serve, plus lettuce, tomato slices, mayonnaise etc
- Put the water and quinoa in a pan and bring it to a boil.
- Turn the heat down then cover and simmer until the quinoa is tender and has absorbed the water.
- This will take roughly 18 minutes.
- Mash the beans roughly and leave some whole.
- Combine the cooked quinoa with the black beans, breadcrumbs, onion, garlic, salt, hot sauce, egg, cumin, and pepper, using your hands.
- Shape the mixture into 5 patties.
- Heat the oil in a skillet then cook the patties 2 minutes per side or until cooked.
- Serve on buns with lettuce, tomato and any other condiments you want.
Some More Hot Content For You
- Singapore Shrimp NoodlesSingapore shrimp noodles are easy to make. Any kind of noodles are lovely for lunch or dinner, and the following recipe shows you how to add a nice typical Singapore flavor to the noodles. You will end up with a complete dish which needs no other accompaniment. You can swap the shrimp for chicken or tofu if you would rather use one of those, or even combine a few different proteins, and substitute any other vegetables you want if you fancy changing things up a bit. Added sliced chili is optional but most Singaporeans would want to add it since they love spicy food. One of the first Singapore meals I ever tried was chili crab, a typical .....
- Easy Baked Chicken LegsIf you have some chicken legs, or chicken leg quarters, in other words the thigh and drumstick attached, then you might be wondering how to cook them. I love to make easy baked chicken legs regularly. The good news is this cut of chicken is not only economical but filling, tasty (because it is higher in fat than the chicken breast) and easy to cook. Although you can slow cook chicken legs, I nearly always bake them in the oven because this gets the skin really crisp, and that’s the best bit! How to Get Chicken Skin Crispy on Easy Baked Chicken Legs You will need to add salt plus some kind of fat to get the skin to crisp up. This .....
- Mexican Cocktail Nachos RecipeThese Mexican cocktail nachos are a great starter if you are having a Mexican main course and they also make a nice snack at a cocktail party. You can easily double the amount of ingredients in this Mexican starter recipe if you want to make more. Different Types of Nachos Nachos come in many styles. Personally I like mine with lashings of guacamole, salsa and sour cream, beef ladled on top, black olives, jalapenos, cheese and more. Well, I like ‘everything’ nachos. It is perhaps easier to explain that way. If you want a simpler recipe though, with the cheese and japalenos standing out, then choose this Mexican cocktail nachos .....
- Types of Bath Tubs and Bath TapsBathrooms are an essential part of every home, and they can be as modern or traditional as you desire. Every element of the bathroom can suit your taste and needs, ensuring that this room in your home is perfect. There are different types of bath tubs to choose from you can get the result you really want. There are essential items which all bathrooms need, including a sink, toilet, and shower or bath. If you are fortunate enough to have a large bathroom you can have both. Many people cannot live without their bath tub, and some will spend hours relaxing and soaking away their stresses after deciding which of the types of bath tubs is best .....
- What to Expect from Cheilectomy SurgeryA cheilectomy operation is a surgical procedure which is done to remove bone spurs from the big toe. If you suffer from big toe pain or stiffness, big toe arthritis or hallux rigidus, this operation might help you. You will want to know what to expect from cheilectomy surgery if you or a loved one are going to have this surgery. I am writing this lens about what to expect from cheilectomy (sometimes misspelled kailectomy or chilectomy) because I had the procedure myself nearly 2 years ago. I want to share my own experience and tell you what to expect. I also have some great tips, as someone who has been through a cheilectomy surgery. This .....
- Baked Stuffed Zucchini BoatsLow in calories but high in flavor, this wonderful baked stuffed zucchini boats recipe is sure to please your palate. The middles of the zucchini are scooped out and then you can add a wonderful ham and cheese filling, and bake them to perfection. This is a very easy baked stuffed zucchini boats recipe which is nice served with Spanish rice or risotto, and just as nice served alone as a savory snack. If you want to make this dish vegetarian friendly, simply omit the ham, or else you might like to swap it for shrimp, salmon, walnuts, or pretty much anything else. Tweak the Filling to Make It Your Own The main ingredients in this baked stuffed .....
- How to Get a Job in Gran Canaria and Live ThereSo you’re interested in working in sunny Gran Canaria? I have plenty of handy information to share with you about moving to Gran Canaria, living there and working there, so read on! Whether you want a job in Gran Canaria or you’re just curious, I can share my experiences with you. Gran Canaria is one of the Canary Islands and is situated off the coast of North Africa. With great weather all year round, Gran Canaria is a great tourist desination and somewhere you can work all year round if you are a member of the EC or have a visa to work in Europe. What Type of Work is There? If you are willing to accept a bar job in Gran Canaria .....
- A Guide to Seattle, WashingtonSeattle, Washington is not the capital of Washington state, but it sure is worth a visit and a guide to Seattle, Washington is a handy thing to have. Many people think of Washington as a dreary, rainy place and being the birthplace of grunge music didn’t really help its image much. Seattle can be gloomy in the winter, but spring, summer, and fall are beautiful times to visit and see what the Emerald City has to offer. Spring in Seattle is a fun time in this guide to Seattle, Washington, because everyone is starting to come out of hibernation. One of the great ways to do that is to go visit the Moisture Festival, which is a local comedy and .....
- Banana Wontons with Chocolate Dipping SauceDessert wonton recipes are becoming more and more popular. This banana wontons with chocolate dipping sauce recipe features crunchy deep-fried wontons with a banana, orange and cinnamon filling. You can serve them alone if you like but they are even more tempting served with a hot chocolate sauce. Save time by buying a chocolate sauce or impress your dinner guests by making your own. Why We Love Sweet Wontons Dessert wonton recipes are becoming more and more popular. This banana wontons with chocolate dipping sauce recipe features crunchy deep-fried wontons with a banana, orange and cinnamon filling. You can serve them alone if you like but .....
- Easy Eggs BenedictEasy eggs Benedict is one of the most amazing breakfast recipes ever. A toasted English muffin is topped with Canadian bacon, poached egg and finally homemade Hollandaise sauce for a rich, creamy and mouthwatering eat. There are plenty of recipes online for diet versions of this dish but in my opinion nothing beats the real thing, so save this for a special occasion like your Christmas morning breakfast, or make it for someone’s birthday if you are concerned about the fat/calories or whatever. Made this way, you are sure to end up with the most mouthwatering version of the dish – the original version. If you are making this for vegetarians, .....