Creamy Mushroom Stroganoff
This creamy mushroom stroganoff recipe is so good. Combining mushrooms with onion and celery, this nutrient-rich dish is flavored with mixed herbs, basil and stock. You can use chicken or vegetable stock, as you wish. A little parsley and some sour cream is all you need to add to this mixture to finish it off well, perfecting both the flavor and texture of the dish.
You might be more familiar with beef stroganoff but this exciting creamy mushroom stroganoff dish is also nice when you use an earthy vegetable to make it and mushrooms are idea. Celery also goes well in this. You can use full-fat or reduced-fat sour cream or crème fraîche to make this, as you prefer.
Serve this creamy mushroom stroganoff with rice or with mashed potatoes. You will love the creamy flavor of the sauce as well as the delicate aromatic taste of the herbs used. The mushrooms offer a nice texture and you honestly won’t miss the beef, even if you serve this to a confirmed carnivore. It is just so well-balanced and delicious, offering a wealth of flavor in every single bite.
The Best Vegetarian Recipes
Mushrooms are often used in vegetarian recipes because of their earthy, ‘meaty’ flavor and texture and they really do contribute a lot to this dish, and a lot of other ones besides. If you are wondering about this creamy mushroom stroganoff, stop wondering and start cooking because this is a fabulous dish.
- 1 sliced onion
- 2 chopped celery ribs
- Spray oil
- 7 oz (200g) sliced mushrooms
- ½ teaspoon mixed herbs
- ½ teaspoon basil
- ½ tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons (75ml) stock
- Salt and black pepper
- 3 tablespoons sour cream or crème fraiche
- Sauté the onion and celery in spray oil over a low heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and cook 2 or 3 minutes.
- Add the herbs and flour and mix well.
- Cook 1 minute then stir in the stock.
- Cook 8 to 10 minutes.
- Stir in the sour cream or crème fraiche.
- Adjust the seasoning.
- Heat gently without boiling.
- Serve over rice or a baked potato.
Some More Hot Content For You
- Lamb Coconut Curry with Sweet PotatoThis lamb coconut curry with sweet potato recipe uses ground lamb rather than stewing lamb, and also includes sweet potato and peas, if you like, along with coconut milk, garlic, ginger, and curry powder to season it and add the flavors. This is a winter warmer and something lovely to enjoy on a chilly evening, to make a change from the beef or chicken curry recipes you usually prepare. An easy curry recipe to make, this lamb coconut curry with sweet potato dish is sure to appeal to all the family, and if you wish to tweak it, for example by swapping the sweet potato for pumpkin, the peas for garbanzo beans, or hot curry powder instead of .....
- Best Beer Brewing SystemsBrewing systems come in different shapes and sizes, so you can choose whatever of the best beer brewing systems is best for you. This device will allow you to make your own beer or other drinks at home without having to lift heavy brew kettles. You can choose from beer, wine, cider, mead, and other drinks using the process of fermentation. You can make non-alcoholic or alcoholic drinks with these systems. It’s Legal, Right? Well, the legality of home brewing does vary from place to place, although it has been done in various places all over the globe for over 7000 years. If you fancy making your own beer, why not have a look at some of .....
- 7 Winter Comfort Food RecipesComfort food tends to be hot, thick and tasty, and it can apply to both sweet and savory dishes. What is your favorite comfort food? Do you love winter comfort food recipes as much as I do? Are you into burgers and fries, homemade mac and cheese, onion rings with a creamy dip, a bowl of chili, or how about apple cobbler with vanilla ice cream? Homemade bread is wonderful, as is pizza. Winter comfort food recipes might not be the healthiest of food but balance it out by eating healthy meals at other times, and it can be part of a balanced diet. Although American food is what many of us think of when considering comfort food recipes, other .....
- Colorful and Easy Pearl Couscous SaladPearl couscous is also known as giant couscous or Israeli couscous. It is enjoyed with tomato paste and fried onion in Israel and usually fed to children, but in other countries it is served as an ingredient to substitute rice, potatoes or another starch. Try this pearl couscous salad if you’re looking for new ways to serve it or new homemade salad ideas. Pearl couscous can be served hot or cold. It does not clump as much as North African couscous (the smaller grains) and you can reheat pearl couscous without it losing its texture or shape. Have you seen it in the store? Next time you spot it on the shelf grab yourself a package .....
- Potato Wrapped Fish FiletsThis potato wrapped fish filets recipe is something which is easy enough for the home cook to master but will give professional results. If you love fish and potatoes, why not combine them to make this delicious recipe? Whether you are used to tasty stuffed squid recipes and other seafood dishes, or not, you will love this. The potatoes need to be thin enough to wrap around the fish, although you can choose any type of potatoes and any type of fish. Perhaps you love the big flakes cod offers, the economical price of basa fish or tilapia, or the distinctive flavor of salmon. Whichever makes your mouth water would be an ideal candidate for .....
- Brilliant Bruschetta RecipeA bruschetta recipe is one of the best Italian appetizers. It is made by rubbing garlic over grilled bread, then adding olive oil, tomatoes, salt and pepper. Some types of bruschetta recipe might also include cured meat, cheese, tomatoes, beans, or vegetables. The best-known bruschetta recipe outside Italy features fresh tomato, garlic and onion, fresh basil, and mozzarella. So Many Bruschetta Recipe Options A great bruschetta recipe is found on Italian restaurant menus all over the world, and there are hundreds of different ways to make it, which is why restaurant bruschetta ranges from bland to wonderful, depending who is making it. Make .....
- Baked Beef Wontons with Bell PepperThe following recipe shows you how to make baked beef wontons which also contain bell pepper for a colorful finish. Baking wontons is an alternative to frying them if you happen to have the oven on anyway or if you want to trim the fat content. These delicious little morsels make wonderful appetizers and it is up to you what shape you make them – open so you can see the beef and colorful bell pepper filling, or closed so the filling is a surprise. Tips and Tricks for Perfect Baked Beef Wontons You could even make moneybags by pinching the tops closed so they look like moneybags, but most people like to leave these open, so people can .....
- Thai Stuffed Squid SoupThis Thai stuffed squid soup recipe is a favorite of mine. It is very special because of its simplicity. Although this Thai stuffed squid soup dish is rarely found on a restaurant menu you quickly and easily prepare it yourself. You need some chicken or pork bouillon, and homemade is best if possible. If you do not have homemade bouillon then make sure you use a high quality one. The filling for the squid is made with pork, soy sauce, black pepper and garlic, and you will need smallish squid for this, no more than a couple inches long. When you have stuffed the squid it is time to warm up your bouillon and then you poach the squid in there .....
- History of WontonsEveryone loves wontons! So what is the history of wontons and how did they come about, get so popular and make their way all over the globe into all of our hearts? Well, wontons originated in North China. They used to be sealed stuffed buns and were named ‘huidun’ which means chaos. The name was later changed to ‘wonton’ to suit the Chinese writing characters. Today the word wonton is understood all over the globe, and new varieties and flavors are coming out all the time. Flour wonton wrappers are stuffed, and then boiled, steamed or fried. They are very similar to Chinese dumplings, although wontons are made with .....
- Cat Behavior ExplainedOur furry feline friends have some fascinating behavioral habits which might be confusing to their owners but they do have explanatory reasons. Why do cats purr for example? Does it mean they are happy and content? Here is a look at some of the more common feline behaviors so you can consider at least some cat behavior explained. Cat Behavior: Why Do Cats Purr? Cats use purring as a communication device. A cat will purr when something makes them feel happy, comfortable or safe. A kitten and its mother often purr together as a sign of comfort and being relaxed and the kitten will continue the purring behavior throughout its life. It has also .....