Egg Fried Cauli Rice Recipe
Using cauliflower instead of rice is a great idea if you are looking to cut calories, carbs, or you simply don’t want to have rice but you want something similar in texture. Try this egg fried cauli rice recipe and you will soon see what all the fuss is about!
Pop some cauliflower florets in the food processor, press the button, and a couple of seconds later you will have something resembling rice, which can be transformed into egg fried ‘rice’ or even something like our yummy Mexican cauli rice recipe (opens in new link) which is low in calories and tastes gorgeous.
Always a Great Meal
I made this egg fried cauli rice recipe for lunch today and found it quick and easy. This pan-fried cauliflower rice is delicious and you can add anything you like in there. I just used green onion, mushrooms, soy sauce, egg and a dash of sesame oil along with the cauli rice but you may add anything else in there.
Perhaps you have some leftover cooked chicken or shrimp to use up, in which case throw them in and warm them up for a couple of minutes. Did you open a can of corn kernels or peas yesterday? Add a spoonful of those into the cauli-rice mix if you want.
Quick and Easy Egg Fried Cauli Rice Recipe
This egg fried cauli rice recipe only takes a few minutes to cook and it’s best if you keep the mixture moving with a wooden spoon or silicon spatula so it cooks evenly.
I recommend you choose your largest wok or skillet, not only so it’s easier to move the ingredients around, but also so you can push everything up the sides and break the egg into the center of the pan and then cook that, before pulling everything else down the sides of the wok and mixing it all together to make the most amazing egg fried cauli rice recipe ever.
- Generous handful of fresh cauliflower florets
- Nonstick cooking oil or olive oil, as needed
- 2 sliced button mushrooms
- 1 sliced green onion (spring onion)
- 1 minced garlic clove or ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 raw egg
- 2 tablespoons cooked shrimp, ham, chicken or pork (optional)
- 1 tablespoon cooked peas or corn kernels (optional)
- Soy sauce, to taste
- Hot sauce, to taste (optional)
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- First put the cauliflower in a food processor and pulse for a few seconds or until it is the texture of rice.
- Put some nonstick cooking oil or olive oil in a wok.
- Bring the heat to medium, then add the cauliflower 'rice'.
- Add the button mushrooms, green onion and garlic.
- Stir-fry for about 5 minutes.
- Taste a bit of the cauliflower.
- It should be more tender than raw cauliflower but still have some bite to it.
- Push everything up the sides of the wok.
- Break the egg into the middle of the wok.
- Cook it, stirring with the spoon or spatula, until nearly done.
- Add the seafood, meat, peas and/or corn if using.
- Add soy sauce, salt and black pepper, to taste.
- Add some hot sauce too if liked.
- Mix everything together and cook for another minute.
- Serve immediately.
Some More Hot Content For You
- Oven Baked Turkey Burgers with FetaMaking a change from your usual burgers perhaps, these boast the lighter flavor of turkey. We are adding lemon and oregano for flavor, and stuffing the oven baked turkey burgers with feta cheese for a wonderful tang. The mint-cucumber dressing with these oven baked turkey burgers adds a Mediterranean touch, and you just need to combine equal parts of yogurt and grated cucumber to make it, adding in some fresh mint too. Oven baking these burgers is simple although you may pan-fry them if you prefer, or even pop them on the barbecue if it’s fired up already. If you wish to prepare the patties in advance you can just leave them in the .....
- Tandoori Chicken in the OvenThis wonderful recipe for tandoori chicken in the oven is made with chicken pieces. You can use drumsticks, breast halves, leg quarters or chicken thighs, either bone-in or boneless to make tandoori chicken in the oven. The marinade is made with yogurt (use whole or nonfat, as you prefer) along with lemon juice, garlic, chili paste and a variety of aromatic spices, Leave the chicken pieces in the marinade overnight for the best results. Once the chicken is marinated and you are ready to cook it, get the oven nice and hot, then arrange the chicken on a rack over a roasting pan so all the parts of the chicken are exposed to the heat and so any .....
- Different Types of Glassware and StemwareThe word ‘glassware’ refers to tableware made from glass, including flatware, cutlery, drinkware and dishes which are set on the table before a meal. Glassware can also be used for cooking meals, such as Pyrex dishes. There are many different types of glassware to choose from. Most glasses to drink from are either flat bottomed, tumblers, footed or stemware. You can also get yard beer glasses which are tall, conical glasses for beer which have a round base. Buy What You Personally Like Different people have their own tastes in glassware so it’s good there are lots of different types of glassware to choose from. I love those .....
- Choosing Kitchen Cabinets and CountersThe kitchen is the heart of the house, so choosing kitchen cabinets and counters is something you ought to take your time doing. This room is where you make delicious meals, congregate during parties and get the family together for a relaxing dinner. But even though you might have all the best kitchen gadgets, your kitchen cabinets and kitchen counters might need replacing. Why Replace Them Anyway Perhaps your cabinets are too small or they do not match the rest of the kitchen, which is why you are choosing kitchen cabinets and counters. Before you rush out to buy new ones, there are a few things to think about. How many cabinets do you need .....
- Yeast Infection Diet AdviceYeast infections can manifest in several different areas of your body, and can affect anyone regardless of age or gender. This form of infection is most commonly found in women and will affect the vaginal area. One of the most natural ways to fight this off is following the yeast infection diet. There are several different reasons for the yeast infection to surface, including a poor diet, stress, unhygienic behavior or using antibiotics. Understanding Fungus and Why It is in Your Body Before explaining more about the yeast infection diet, let’s look at this disease in more detail. A yeast infection will occur when the level of natural .....
- Watermelon Mint Detox WaterDetox water recipes are all the rage these days, and little wonder when the concept is basically about making plain water delicious so you want to drink plenty of it. Water is absolutely essential but a lot of people struggle to drink enough of it. Once you feel thirsty you are already dehydrated and in need of this watermelon mint detox water or something similar. The obvious answer to this problem is flavoring regular water (tap water, bottled water, filtered water, whatever you like) with fruit, perhaps adding some kind of fresh herbs or spice to boost the flavor further. This recipe is one of my favorites. We are incorporating watermelon .....
- Bone Broth Recipes and Bone Broth BenefitsBone broth is a slow-cooked soup made from animal bones which are filled with magnesium and calcium, along with collagen. This beverage is a great addition to any diet, especially if you have skin problems, immunity issues or digestive trouble, because it can help with those. There has been a lot of talk lately about how to make bone broth recipes, with people wondering not only how to get the ingredients and make it, but also why it is so popular and what nutrients it includes. Combined with apple cider vinegar (to coax the minerals out of the bones) and seasonings or vegetables, bones make a tasty, nutritious broth which will keep for .....
- Buttermilk Ranch Dressing with Sour CreamThis buttermilk ranch dressing with sour cream is one of the best salad dressing recipes I’ve made in a while. I just had it with baby kale, deli beef, parmesan, crispy fried onions and raisins, and it made a really nice meal. If you use low-fat mayonnaise you can get a large serving of this buttermilk ranch dressing with sour cream for about 90 calories, or else you can use regular mayo if you prefer. A Perfect Ranch Flavor I didn’t have fresh chives when I first made this buttermilk ranch dressing with sour cream so I used dried. I think fresh would work better, so I will make sure I have some of that next time. I used the .....
- Cream Cheese Wonton RecipesCream cheese wontons recipes are so easy to make. All you need apart from the oil for frying are some wonton skins and cream cheese. I usually use Philadelphia cream cheese but you can use any kind you like. You could even use one of the flavored kinds, like herb cream cheese or tomato and basil cream cheese for your cream cheese wontons recipes, but the plain kind works just fine too. You can fold the wontons up however you want when making cream cheese wonton recipes, perhaps pulling two of the pointed tips towards each other, then the other two. Alternatively you could scrunch the tops to make a “moneybag” shape or simply fold .....
- Octopus and Squid Stir FryLast night I decided to make seafood so I grabbed some raw squid (calamari) tubes and also 2 cooked octopus legs. I had an idea of how to cook them but wasn’t sure how to reheat the octopus without it going tough. I really wanted an octopus and squid stir fry though, so I went ahead with it. On the package it said to give it a couple of minutes in the microwave but I wasn’t keen on that idea. Instead I prepared a stir-fry type dish with the squid, then added the octopus at the end and just stirred it into the rest of the mixture until it was warmed through. It came out really well and octopus and squid stir fry is something I .....