How to Make Vegetable Omelet
This recipe is your best friend if you want to make a perfect vegetable omelet, and this is a skill everyone should know. Learning how to make vegetable omelet is very easy and you can serve this for any meal. Omelets can be served for breakfast, lunch or dinner, and this recipe makes enough for 2 servings. You will love the perfect flavor and texture this offers.
How to Make Vegetable Omelet: Some Handy Tips
If you want to cut the fat and calories, swap the butter for margarine and use skim milk. You can also use reduced-fat cheese in it.
As for the vegetables, pretty much anything works. Tomatoes, mushrooms, green onion, fresh herbs and bell pepper all go into my omelets regularly, and I love the addition of cheese too.
Sometimes I make Spanish omelet, which means using potatoes instead of the vegetables. I love the combination of eggs and potatoes. If you are learning how to make vegetable omelet you will definitely want to experiment with different veggies!
Use a medium skillet for making this, and keep the heat medium too. You don’t want the omelet to cook too fast or too slow. If you want to put the veggies into the omelet before it sets, rather than roll them in the finished cooked omelet, that is up to you.
How to Make Vegetable Omelet and How to Serve It
Serve this with potatoes or fries, and perhaps a simple green salad. If you are serving it for breakfast, a hash brown or 2 on the side would go well.
Omelets are great for satisfying your hunger, regardless of which meal you have one for, and kids love them too.
So that means you can rustle this recipe up anytime you want a speedy weeknight supper which will taste good and leave you feeling totally satisfied.
Omelets are versatile so you can add meat, poultry or even seafood if you want, or you can divide the mixture in half, adding veggies to one half and something else to the other half. Do this in the pan perhaps and cut the omelet in half crosswise so each person gets a taste of each half. There are so many things you could do with omelets actually, so just use your imagination. Once you get in the habit of making omelet for breakfast or for a snack, this tasty dish will just pop into your mind whenever you fancy a nice hot snack and you will love how easy they are to prepare, and also how many different kinds of omelet you can actually make. Now you know how to make vegetable omelet and can proceed with the recipe.
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 chopped green bell pepper
- 2 oz (57g) shredded Swiss cheese
- 2 chopped green onions
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- Melt a tablespoon of butter in a skillet over a medium heat.
- Add the onion and bell pepper and saute for a few minutes or until the veggies are tender, stirring occasionally.
- While the veggies are cooking, beat the eggs with the milk, ½ teaspoon of the salt and the pepper.
- Shred the cheese.
- Take the vegetables off the heat, transfer them to another bowl and sprinkle the last ¼ teaspoon salt over them.
- Melt the last tablespoon of butter in the same skillet over a medium heat.
- Coat the skillet with the butter.
- When it is bubbly, add the egg mixture and cook for 2 minutes or until the eggs start to set on the bottom of the pan.
- Lift the edges of the omelet with a spatula to let the uncooked part of the eggs flow towards the edges.
- Keep cooking for another couple minutes or until the center of the omelet is looking dry.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the omelet and spoon the vegetable mixture into the middle of the omelet.
- Fold one edge over the vegetables.
- Let the omelet cook for another couple minutes or until the cheese melts.
- Slide the omelet out of the skillet and on to a serving plate.
- Cut in half and serve right away.
Some More Hot Content For You
- Sunny Pumpkin Rice SoupPumpkin rice soup is always good, especially when you stumble upon a brand new recipe for it and discover how to give the soup a different edge. This recipe makes use of ginger, chili and rice, to give it not only an aromatic and spicy flavor, but the heartiness of rice. The recipe calls for brown rice but feel free to use white rice, basmati perhaps. How to Serve Pumpkin Rice Soup Serve this pumpkin rice soup for lunch or dinner, or serve small portions as an appetizer if your main dish does not include rice. You will find this soup very simple to make. Choose how thick you want it. If it is looking too thick at any time you can add more .....
- Tiny Cell PhonesAlthough the first cell phones were the size of a house brick, they have rapidly come down in size! Today you can choose from various sizes and styles including surprisingly tiny cell phones. There is something for every taste and if you have been shopping recently you might have been baffled by the sheer amount of choice there is nowadays. Does Size Matter Then? They say size doesn’t matter, but it does when you are talking about a phone! Tiny cell phones have great appeal because you can carry them around easily and bulky cell phones are a thing of the past. Perhaps you fancy a razor-thin cell you can slip into your back pocket or .....
- How to Plan Kitchen ImprovementsIf you want to improve your kitchen it is vital to plan it properly. If you don’t plan well, you might end up with an expensive bad kitchen which you are unhappy with. This is why it’s vital to learn how to plan kitchen layout, improvements and everything else. In the past, kitchen planning involved the stove, sink and refrigerator work triangle and the work surfaces took second place. Today there is a lot more to think about. Do you want a modern style kitchen? Do you want a rustic style kitchen with a kitchen pantry? Do you have your own ideas about how to blend styles to give your kitchen your own personal touch? It is common these .....
- Beef and Carrot CrackslawCarrots have more carbs than a lot of other vegetables, so you would not want to make this beef and carrot crackslaw recipe on Atkins Induction, for example, but if you like the sweetness of carrots, then perhaps you will love this recipe, because the carrots are particularly nice with the beef, onions and Chinese seasonings. This crack slaw recipe is full of flavor. To cut some of the carbs, if you want to do that, swap half the carrots for shredded cabbage, or else you might like to throw in some mushrooms (Chinese mushrooms or just button ones) if you prefer. Which Order to Cook the Ingredients In Although you can make this beef and .....
- Luxurious Irish Cream ShakeThis Irish cream shake is so good and it is really quick to make too. Brew some strong coffee and let it cool down, then put it in the blender with Bailey’s, ice cream and coconut milk to make this thick, creamy shake. Ideal for St Patrick’s Day or just whenever you want to spoil yourself with a wonderful treat, this Irish cream shake always goes down well, and the flavor is amazing. This Irish cream shake recipe serves 2 people but it is easy enough to double or triple the recipe if you are serving more. If you want, you may top the shake with whipped cream and chocolate curls for a nice presentation, else you can serve smaller .....
- Crackslaw with Chicken – Reduced Calorie OptionUsing chicken is a great idea if you want something with fewer calories yet offering the same great flavor as beef crackslaw gives you. The following crackslaw with chicken recipe is really tasty and perfect for a low carb diet whether you are following Atkins or another low carb diet regime. The crackslaw with chicken recipe itself is very similar to the beef version because chicken is versatile enough to be a perfect beef substitute but of course you can apply your own tweaks should you wish. Chicken is lower in calories than beef. If you’re low carbing then you probably aren’t counting your calories, just your carbs, but .....
- 4G Internet PhonesAre 4G phone reviews accurate or not so accurate? Before you choose a new 4G phone read the reviews. Checking a 4G internet phones review will ensure that you have all of the relevant information that you need before purchasing the phone. 4G is perhaps not what everone wants but if you want to move with the times and have a super-quick phone and internet connection it is definitely the way forwards. 4G Internet Phones: New Technology 4G internet phones have been promoted as the new technology, which will change the way that people use the Internet. Mobile telecommunications will be altered, and services that seemed too extreme will be .....
- Why White Noise Helps You SleepSome people find it hard to fall asleep without a fan whirring while others find the sound of a blow dryer or washing machine soothing. But how come making more noise can help with sleep? Isn’t a silent room the most conducive to getting a good night’s rest? Actually that isn’t always the case, and some people even buy white noise machines or download white noise apps to ensure they get to sleep quickly and easily, and stay asleep until morning. A lot of people have hear it works but don’t know exactly why white noise helps you sleep. What is White Noise? This consistent sound comes out across all audible frequencies .....
- Walden Farms Calorie-Free Food ReviewFlavorful Items to Complement Your Diet This calorie free food is for anyone looking for items which do not contain calories, carbohydrates, fat or sugar. Doesn’t that sound exciting! Their range includes fruit spreads, regular and flavored mayo, pouring syrups, salad dressings, pasta sauces, whipped peanut spreads, dips for chips or fruit, condiments, and more. Carb-Free Too These products contain no carbs either, so you can enjoy as much as you want. But what do these calorie free food products actually taste like? I have bought a selection of them recently, to try them out for myself, and I have to say some are better than others. .....
- Creamy Blue Cheese DipThis creamy blue cheese dip blends blue cheese with cream, mayonnaise and milk, with some lemon to add brightness and garlic to complement the flavor. Serve this with chips or vegetable crudites, or consider it as a side for your next buffalo chicken recipe, since the creaminess is the perfect contrast for the heat of the hot sauce. Creamy Blue Cheese Dip is So Easy to Make Making this creamy blue cheese dip is really easy blue cheese dipping sauce is simply a question of adding the ingredients to the food processor and pressing the button. Give it a few seconds and your dip will be ready to serve. If you don’t have a food processor .....