How to Make Vegetable Quiche
Few things are as delicious as a good vegetarian quiche, and learning how to make vegetable quiche is something that any home cook can do with ease.
You can include as few or as many veggies as you like, and choose from various types of crusts and fillings, to make your vegetarian quiche recipe perfect for your palate.
Once you discover how to make quiche you will want to experiment with diverse crusts and fillings. Not only will you love the resulting quiche but your family are sure to love it too.
Quiche is a healthy option, boasting the protein from eggs, the nutrients in the veggies, and it is also really filling and will keep you satisfied until your next meal so discovering how to make vegetable quiche is very worthwhile.
Quiche can be served hot, chilled or at room temperature, alone or with one of many possible side dishes such as a simple tossed green salad, some steamed vegetables or even homemade fries.
Types of Vegetarian Quiche
There are lots of types of quiche, including vegetarian quiche recipes and even vegan quiche recipes. Have you tried mushroom quiche or spinach quiche? How about tomato and cheese quiche or even a delicious broccoli quiche?
The sky is the limit and the great thing about making your own easy vegetarian quiche recipes is you can add any veggies you like!
How to Make Vegetable Quiche Like a Pro
Feel free to mix and match the veggies. Perhaps you have some leftover vegetables to use up. Swap the red bell pepper for green or yellow bell pepper or try adding some asparagus or beets if you fancy. Make this quiche your own.
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches or 23cm)
- 5 eggs
- ¼ cup (60ml) milk
- 2 chopped medium tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 sliced button mushrooms
- 1 chopped red bell pepper
- ½ cup (90g) chopped zucchini (courgette)
- 1½ chopped yellow onions
- ¼ cup (50g) grated Parmesan cheese
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon curry powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 450°F (230°C).
- Line the pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (do not prick the pastry first).
- Bake it for 5 minutes.
- Remove the foil and bake for another 5 minutes.
- Reduce the oven heat to 350°F (180°C).
- Saute the onion, red bell pepper, mushrooms, tomatoes and zucchini in the butter in a big skillet.
- Add the cinnamon, curry powder, salt and black pepper, and mix well.
- Spoon this mixture into baked crust.
- Beat the eggs then stir in the milk and cheese.
- Carefully pour this over the vegetables.
- Bake for about 40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Let the quiche stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Photo by: Dreamstime
Wilton Nonstick Round Tart Quiche Pan, 9 by 1 1/8 Inch
This nonstick quiche dish makes it easy to cook your favorite vegetarian quiche recipe. Once you know how to make vegetable quiche you can go ahead and use this awesome quiche pan for it. Simply add your pastry crust, add the filling mixture and bake to perfection. This is a nonstick quiche pan so your finished quiche will come out easily and in one piece. Your crust will be fluted attractively and this pan encourages even baking. This is a high-rated quiche pan which every home kitchen can make use of.
Vegetarian Mini Crustless Quiche Recipe
Party-Perfect Mini Quiche Appetizers
Mini quiches are fantastic finger food, and these mini quiche appetizers are cute and totally delicious. They are individually sized for portion control and they are crustless too.
The combination of 1/2 whole egg and 1/2 egg whites along with skim milk means that are a fantastic low-calorie breakfast option. Swap the skim milk for a mixture of heavy cream and water and you have low carb mini quiches.
Breakfast quiche anyone? These are also wonderful for appetizers, lunches, snacks, or anytime you fancy something tasty.
If you are following a low carb diet you might be interested in learning how to make crackslaw. This spicy, meaty feast is low carb so perfect for any stage of the Atkins diet.
A Brief History of Quiche
A quiche has an egg and milk (or cream) filling and a pastry crust. One of the most famous quiches has to be quiche lorraine, an open pie containing not only the egg-based filling but also smoked bacon.
The bottom crust used to be made from bread dough, although modern quiche recipes use pastry instead. Pleased you now know how to make vegetable quiche? Great, time to try our recipe!
- 4 large eggs
- ⅓ cup (45g) grated Fontina cheese
- 10 oz (285g) chopped white mushrooms
- ¼ cup (65ml) skim milk
- 2 handfuls baby spinach
- 1 thinly sliced small shallot
- 4 large egg whites
- Cooking spray as needed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Pinch freshly grated nutmeg
- Salt and black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) and lightly coat a 12-cup nonstick muffin pan using cooking spray.
- Add the oil to a large nonstick skillet and saute the shallot, mushrooms and a little salt and black pepper until the mushrooms are lightly browned and the shallots are soft.
- This will take about 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and add the nutmeg and spinach. Stir for a couple of minutes, then let the mixture cool for 5 minutes.
- Whisk the eggs with the egg whites and milk, adding a pinch each of salt and pepper.
- Stir in the cheese, then divide the mixture between the muffin cups.
- Don't fill them more than halfway.
- Top with the spinach mixture.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the quiches are golden brown and set, and have risen.
- Allow them to cool in the pan for 5 minutes then transfer them to a wire rack and delight in the fact you now know exactly how to make vegetable quiche.
- You can serve them warm or at room temperature.
Photo courtesy of: Alice Carrier, on Flickr
Some More Hot Content For You
- Luxurious Irish Cream ShakeThis Irish cream shake is so good and it is really quick to make too. Brew some strong coffee and let it cool down, then put it in the blender with Bailey’s, ice cream and coconut milk to make this thick, creamy shake. Ideal for St Patrick’s Day or just whenever you want to spoil yourself with a wonderful treat, this Irish cream shake always goes down well, and the flavor is amazing. This Irish cream shake recipe serves 2 people but it is easy enough to double or triple the recipe if you are serving more. If you want, you may top the shake with whipped cream and chocolate curls for a nice presentation, else you can serve smaller .....
- Authentic California CuisineCalifornia is known for its amazing food, earmarked by a tradition of fruit, fresh leafy salads, fresh flavors, and organic dishes, although there is plenty of variety in Californian cooking, including fusion cuisine using fresh local ingredients. An attractive presentation is important in authentic California cuisine. Californians enjoy cooking with lean meats and seafood, fresh fruit and veggies, and anything low in saturated fat and high in nutrition. Japanese, Chinese, Italian, French, and Mexican cuisines have all influenced the fusion cuisine of California. California Food Pioneers Alice Waters has contributed to authentic .....
- Hot and Creamy Crab DipThis hot and creamy crab dip recipe is lovely if you want something hot, creamy and with seafood in it. The crab is blended with cream cheese, Parmesan, hot sauce and more, for a hot and delicious dip. The dip is not too firm or too runny, so you can use it for chips, crudites or anything else. Chips should not snap off when you dip them in because, well, that’s just annoying! Hot and Creamy Crab Dip: Serve It Nice and Hot Because this is a hot dip, you will need to serve it immediately. Feel free to make it in advance though and pop it in the oven when your guests start to arrive. It will smell good while it heats up in the oven and .....
- White Food Recipes for After Teeth WhiteningHaving your teeth professionally whitened is the best way to get that gorgeous pearly shade without breaking the bank on veneers or another expensive treatment. The process itself is usually painless although your teeth might be a little sensitive afterwards. You will need white food recipes for after teeth whitening for a couple of days. Even though it’s possible to fashion a menu from the list of ‘allowed’ white foods it’s helpful to have some fresh ideas to keep things interesting! Read on to learn what you can eat after teeth whitening, what you must avoid after teeth whitening, and some more teeth whitening .....
- New Year’s Eve DumplingsIt is traditional for Northern Chinese families to spend New Year’s Eve making batches of jiaozi dumplings. They start to eat the dumplings after midnight and one lucky member of the family might find a coin inside their dumpling. This is similar to the British traditional of hiding a coin in the Christmas pudding. Yes, New Year’s Eve dumplings are really popular in China and a big part of the celebrations. New Year’s Eve Dumplings: Dumpling Soup Tips Wonton soup, or dumpling soup, dates back as far as the 7th century in China. These Chinese introduced these stuffed dumplings to Japan and actually the Japanese word .....
- Dutch Speklappen or Speklapjes RecipeI’ve been living in Holland for several years and cooked speklappen, also known as speklapjes, for my husband a number of times. Speklappen or speklapjes (the same thing) means pork belly slices. You can get these quite cheap and they are easy to cook. Also, you can use them in a number of different recipes including the following Dutch speklappen or speklapjes recipe. The best way to cook these is in a little oil. Get the oil hot in a skillet or frying pan, then add the speklapjes in one layer and fry them. You will see them turn golden brown and crispy. Flip them halfway through cooking so they cook evenly on both sides. You can .....
- Creamy Blue Cheese DipThis creamy blue cheese dip blends blue cheese with cream, mayonnaise and milk, with some lemon to add brightness and garlic to complement the flavor. Serve this with chips or vegetable crudites, or consider it as a side for your next buffalo chicken recipe, since the creaminess is the perfect contrast for the heat of the hot sauce. Creamy Blue Cheese Dip is So Easy to Make Making this creamy blue cheese dip is really easy blue cheese dipping sauce is simply a question of adding the ingredients to the food processor and pressing the button. Give it a few seconds and your dip will be ready to serve. If you don’t have a food processor .....
- Camembert Baked in its Box RecipeI love Camembert baked in its box! It’s one snack I never get tired of. Cheese makes a great starter as well as an after-dinner dessert course. This Camembert appetizer recipe is similar to a cheese fondue and you can dip anything in it, including the bread, pickled vegetables and peppers mentioned here. Raw mushrooms are good for dipping, as are raw carrots and other crudites. Camembert Baked in its Box: Simple to Make You can buy Camembert in a box and simply put it in the oven, which is ideal for anyone who wants a simple fuss-free starter recipe which is going to work with both the vegetarians and carnivores around the table, .....
- Tastiest Marinade for SteakWe love a good steak in this house – rib-eye, filet mignon, sirloin, rump steak – the cut doesn’t matter because each of these boasts an incredible taste. When prepared correctly, steak has a melt-in-the-mouth texture. I don’t always use marinades when preparing steak but when I do I often use this one because it enhances the natural meaty steak flavor so well and for me this is for sure the tastiest marinade for steak. How Long to Marinate Steak in the Marinade A tough steak like chuck, skirt or flank can marinate overnight but if you are cooking something more delicate then 20 or 30 minutes is plenty long enough for .....
- Anchovy Wrapped OlivesThis anchovy wrapped olives recipe is very simple and shows you how to make anchovy wrapped olives. The recipe is perhaps one of the simplest you have seen, since you only need two different ingredients to make it, and this basic salty snack is beautiful whether you enjoy it with a cold beer, a glass of wine, a soft drink or even a warm beverage. Anchovies are salty, fishy and have an interesting texture, while olives are smooth, soft and the pimento filling is somewhat sweet. Anchovy Wrapped Olives: Making Your Own When paired, these two ingredients offer a beautiful savory flavor and a wonderful balance. These anchovy wrapped olives are .....