Mushroom Risotto with Truffle Oil
This easy mushroom risotto with truffle oil recipe combines rice with mushrooms, and you can use any kind of mushrooms you want. Last time I used button mushrooms, but you can also use assorted wild mushrooms if you want, or another kind. We are also using dried mushrooms in the mushroom risotto with truffle oil, which you will reconstitute before proceeding with the recipe.
Different Types of Risotto
There are lots of different type of risotto, including shrimp, chicken and vegetable types. I like asparagus risotto with plenty of parmesan. Everyone has their own favorite. I like to use arborio rice to make mushroom risotto with truffle oil but you may use carnaroli or another risotto rice if you prefer.
Mushroom Risotto with Truffle Oil Tips
This is a simple recipe which makes enough for 4 entree-sized servings. The key to a great mushroom risotto with truffle oil is adding a little liquid and letting it soak into the rice and disappear before adding more. Keep doing that and your risotto should have that authentic rich and creamy texture that the dish is known for.
Serve with extra parmesan on the side (freshly grated of course) of this mushroom risotto with truffle oil and a offer mill of black pepper to grind over it. If you want to serve a side dish, consider a simple mixed baby leaf salad with vinaigrette. Make this mushroom risotto with truffle oil recipe with vegetable stock if you want a vegetarian result.
- 8 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- ¼ oz (7g) dried shiitake or porcini mushrooms
- 15 sliced or chopped small button mushrooms
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ diced white onion
- 1 cup (150g) arborio rice
- ½ cup (125ml) dry white wine
- ¼ cup (60ml) melted unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan (optional)
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Black truffle oil, as needed
- Put the stock and dried mushrooms in a pan and bring to a simmer.
- Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove the mushrooms and chop finely.
- Keep the stock simmering gently.
- Heat a tablespoon of oil and add the button mushrooms, stirring occasionally, cooking for 6 minutes or until tender.
- Put them in a bowl.
- Put the rest of the oil in the same pan and add the dried mushrooms and onions.
- Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the rice and cook for 3 minutes, stirring all the time.
- Now add the wine.
- Cook, stirring, until the rice absorbs the wine.
- Add ¾ cup (80ml) stock and repeat until the rice is tender.
- The risotto should be thick and creamy; it will get thicker when taken off the heat.
- Add the mushrooms and take it off the heat, then stir in the butter.
- Add some parmesan if liked, and add salt and black pepper to taste.
- Divide between 4 warmed serving plates.
- Drizzle some truffle oil over each serving.
Some More Hot Content For You
- Potato Leek Soup with BaconThis warm and delicious potato leek soup with bacon recipe makes a wonderful starter. The ingredients are very simple, and the main flavors come from the potatoes, leeks and bacon. The milk and cream add a wonderful, luxurious creaminess and the chicken stock gives the soup a good flavor. What Kind of Stock to Use for Potato Leek Soup with Bacon You could use vegetable stock if you wanted to but the best thing to use is fresh chicken stock rather than using stock cubes. Choose lean bacon for making this leek potato soup recipe, rather than streaky bacon, both for the better texture and a meatier flavor. Some More Hot Content For You Tender .....
- How to Make Satay Sauce in 2 Minutes Using 3 IngredientsYou only need 3 ingredients to make the best satay sauce recipe. It is so easy! Learn how to make satay sauce and you will want to make this often. Satay sauce can be served with chicken or beef kabobs or fries, or you can serve this easy peanut sauce recipe as a dip for pretty much anything. If you’re making some kind of fried rice dish like egg fried rice or nasi goreng, microwave this for 45 seconds or until hot then let it cool for a minute (so it thickens back up) and it will be an amazing accompaniment. How to Make It Like a Pro When you know how to make satay sauce, you will want to perfect this skill. The key to making it is to .....
- All the Facts about Healthy Juicing RecipesIt is a fact that we are becoming more and more concerned about what we put into our bodies, the more we get to know about health issues. We are what we eat (and drink!) and we know that cooking often damages nutrients and kills healthy enzymes. This is why healthy juicing recipes are all the rage these days. However, eating raw fruit and vegetables is not always an appetizing prospect, which is one reason healthy juicing recipes are becoming so popular. Do you really want to sit down and eat a handful of raw kale, 2 apples, a raw beet and 2 carrots, or would you prefer to whiz these ingredients up and make a nutrient-rich drink which tastes .....
- Chorizo Stuffed SquidThis chorizo stuffed squid recipe really is good. The baby squid are stuffed with chorizo to make this Spanish inspired chorizo stuffed squid meal. The end result is simply amazing. Whether or not you have cooked squid before, you are sure to find this a relatively easy recipe to follow and get right. Chorizo Stuffed Squid: Hmm, Fish and Meat Together? Although using chorizo and squid in the same recipe sounds odd, it really is good and the chorizo adds a beautiful salty finish to the seafood. Have you ever tried bacon-wrapped fish or prosciutto-wrapped shrimp? Seriously, pork and fish do go together really well. I wasn’t convinced but .....
- Best iPad Mini Cases with KeyboardSee all the best keyboard cases for iPad Mini and pick out your favorite. There are iPad Mini cases with keyboard for every taste and budget, no matter whether you want a cute pink one, a handy one which doubles as a padded case, something neat for work, or something else. The iPad Mini is the newest Apple product on the market but there are already plenty of cool accessories for it. If you have one of these tablets already then you will want a cover to keep it safe and a keyboard to make typing speedier. Touch typing on the screen is time-consuming because it is usually one-fingered unless you have mastered the art of typing quicker on .....
- School Backpacks for GirlsSchool backpacks for girls come in a huge array of different styles, colors and designs, which will ensure that you can choose a style that your little girl will love. There are several different elements that you need to consider before purchasing the backpack. These include the durability, price, style and versatility of the backpack. The age of your child will often determine the size of backpack that you need to choose, as older children will need larger bags to carry books and materials. You will be amazed at the amount of equipment which your child will need for school. However, you should not expect your child to lift a backpack that .....
- Round Bath TubsRound bath tubs have always been seen as luxurious, and only for large homes or hotel rooms. In fact, a lot of people have never even climbed into such a bath. However, this style is becoming more popular than ever before and is now considered a standard tub to own. You can buy round bath tubs in many places that sell regular rectangular type ones, so it is just down to personal preference and of course the amount of space you happen to have in your bathroom. It goes without saying that a round one is not going to fit in a square corner. Some More Hot Content For You How to Make Vegetable Quiche Easy Cream Cheese Stuffed Peppers Handy .....
- Traditional English Ploughman’s LunchA ploughman’s lunch is a wonderful treat, best enjoyed in the beer garden of an old country pub, with a cold pint of cider or real ale. You can order a traditional English ploughman’s lunch in many English pubs, and you’ll never be disappointed. Dating back to the 1930s, a traditional English ploughman’s lunch is comprised of crusty bread and butter, English cheese, pickled onions, pickles and chutney, and it might also include ham, apple, radishes, hard-boiled eggs or Scotch eggs, celery, cherry tomatoes, and other cold ingredients. Now you know why a traditional English ploughman’s lunch is so good. Farm .....
- Best Loaded Nachos Comfort Food StyleSo you want to make the best loaded nachos comfort food? You’ve come to the right page. Very few dishes offer as much as nachos do, and that includes the wonderful flavors combining spicy with creamy with mild, as well as textures because you have all kinds of those, ranging from soft to crunchy. Nachos can be served as a snack, appetizer or meal, and homemade nachos are, of course, the best! The following best loaded nachos comfort food recipe combines nachos with beef, homemade pico de gallo, cheese, spices, and more. But this is your recipe so you could take inspiration from the photo and use leftover roast beef instead of the .....
- Benefits of Tai ChiWhen most people think of exercise, they think of strenuous activity. Sweating it out at the gym while trying to figure out the weight machines or pounding the pavement outside isn’t the only way to exercise, though. Some exercise can be relaxing and Tai Chi is one of those. Tai Chi is not only an exercise for the body, but only for the mind. There are benefits of Tai Chi most other exercises won’t give you. Some More Hot Content For You Bling Bling iPad Cases Tender Oven Baked Short Ribs How to Make Vegetable Quiche Authentic Scottsdale Stetson Salad Easy Cream Cheese Stuffed Peppers Easy UK Appetizer Ideas Perfect Pink Diamond Rings .....