Mushroom Risotto with Truffle Oil
This easy mushroom risotto with truffle oil recipe combines rice with mushrooms, and you can use any kind of mushrooms you want. Last time I used button mushrooms, but you can also use assorted wild mushrooms if you want, or another kind. We are also using dried mushrooms in the mushroom risotto with truffle oil, which you will reconstitute before proceeding with the recipe.
Different Types of Risotto
There are lots of different type of risotto, including shrimp, chicken and vegetable types. I like asparagus risotto with plenty of parmesan. Everyone has their own favorite. I like to use arborio rice to make mushroom risotto with truffle oil but you may use carnaroli or another risotto rice if you prefer.
Mushroom Risotto with Truffle Oil Tips
This is a simple recipe which makes enough for 4 entree-sized servings. The key to a great mushroom risotto with truffle oil is adding a little liquid and letting it soak into the rice and disappear before adding more. Keep doing that and your risotto should have that authentic rich and creamy texture that the dish is known for.
Serve with extra parmesan on the side (freshly grated of course) of this mushroom risotto with truffle oil and a offer mill of black pepper to grind over it. If you want to serve a side dish, consider a simple mixed baby leaf salad with vinaigrette. Make this mushroom risotto with truffle oil recipe with vegetable stock if you want a vegetarian result.
- 8 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- ¼ oz (7g) dried shiitake or porcini mushrooms
- 15 sliced or chopped small button mushrooms
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ diced white onion
- 1 cup (150g) arborio rice
- ½ cup (125ml) dry white wine
- ¼ cup (60ml) melted unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan (optional)
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Black truffle oil, as needed
- Put the stock and dried mushrooms in a pan and bring to a simmer.
- Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove the mushrooms and chop finely.
- Keep the stock simmering gently.
- Heat a tablespoon of oil and add the button mushrooms, stirring occasionally, cooking for 6 minutes or until tender.
- Put them in a bowl.
- Put the rest of the oil in the same pan and add the dried mushrooms and onions.
- Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the rice and cook for 3 minutes, stirring all the time.
- Now add the wine.
- Cook, stirring, until the rice absorbs the wine.
- Add ¾ cup (80ml) stock and repeat until the rice is tender.
- The risotto should be thick and creamy; it will get thicker when taken off the heat.
- Add the mushrooms and take it off the heat, then stir in the butter.
- Add some parmesan if liked, and add salt and black pepper to taste.
- Divide between 4 warmed serving plates.
- Drizzle some truffle oil over each serving.
Some More Hot Content For You
- The Best Casserole Dishes to BuyAlthough it can be nice to have casseroles in many shapes, sizes and colors, that is not always practical. That is, unless you have a huge budget and a lot of storage spare. Instead it makes more sense to figure out what type of casserole you need, the brand you prefer, and the size and shape you want. Also consider the material the dish is going to be made of. Then you can get the best casserole dishes for your household. You might want to start off with one casserole dish, or you might like to invest in a set. Perhaps your favorite casserole broke and you are shopping for a replacement, in which case you will find you have more choice .....
- Incredible Pink Diamond RingsLook at these amazing pink diamond rings. Every lady loves diamonds. They are a girl’s best friend after all. But pink ones can be truly stunning, and they are really popular at the moment, especially in celebrity circles. Have you seen a real pink diamond? These stones are incredible. You can get real, lab-created or imitation pink diamonds of varying qualities. So pick something which fits not only your style but your budget. Different Options for Different Budgets You can get a pink ‘diamondlike’ CZ ring for $20 or a high quality genuine one for $10,000. It depends how much you are willing to spend on pink diamond rings......
- Vaginal Yeast Infection HelpYeast infections are commonly found in the vaginal area and a huge amount of women suffer with this form of infection every year. This is when they desperately search for vaginal yeast infection help. The technical term for this infection is Candidiasis, and is often caused by the yeast in your body growing far too fast. The species of fungus that produces this problem is Candida and is present in your body at all times. This fungus will grow and spread rapidly when provided with the ideal conditions, such as a warm, moist place to thrive. When the yeast grows to an uncontrollable level, the infection will begin, which can vary from mild to .....
- What is Tex-Mex FoodTo sum up the answer to ‘what is Tex-Mex food’, Tex-Mex cuisine refers to primarily American dishes found in the state of Texas. This cuisine is a blend of American and Mexican foods. Some of these recipes might not be the same as the authentic Mexican version but it is still referred to as ‘Mexican’ in Texas. People in other states sometimes refer to Tex-Mex as ‘Southwestern’ food. Tex-Mex is thought by some people to be the oldest original cuisine in the US. It was named in 1875 and began when the Texas-Mexican Railway was called Tex-Mex for short. This term was also used for Mexicans who were born in .....
- How to Make Mapo TofuMapo tofu, which is sometimes written mapo doufu, is a delicious Chinese recipe from the Sichuan province in China. It is comprised of tofu in a reddish, spicy bean and chili based sauce. The tofu is usually cooked with ground meat, either beef or pork, along with fermented beans. There are variations of course, and everyone has their own way of making it. Discover how to make mapo tofu and you will fall in love with this dish! Why is Mapo Tofu Called That? So how did mapo tofu get its name? Well the ‘ma’ refers to ‘mazi’ which is pockmarks, and the ‘pa’ refers to ‘popo’ meaning old woman or .....
- Holland – The Great, The Good, The Bad and The UglyHolland, the Netherlands… call it what you like. I have lived here for 5 years so far with my Dutch husband. Just to give you a little background I’m English but lived in the Canary Islands and mainland Spain for 11 years before moving here. This piece looks at my opinions and my thoughts on the 6 best things and 6 worst things about Holland, or the Netherlands. Attempting a Balanced View Now before you message me, complaining that I don’t appreciate the country I live in or finding fault with where I choose to live, know this – this article is about the good AND the bad. I offer my thoughts on the things I love and the .....
- How to Microwave VegetablesThe best thing about using a microwave to cook your vegetables is you can be assured of great results every time. If you boil or roast them you might leave them in there too long and end up overdoing them and, let’s face it, what’s worst than soggy overcooked veggies? Learn how to microwave vegetables and you have a new speedy way of cooking them. A microwave cooks vegetables by producing electromagnetic waves which force polarized water molecules to oscillate. This makes the temperature increase. Plant foods, namely fruit and veggies, have more water in them than, for example, meat, making them ideal candidates for the microwave because .....
- Chunky Vegetable Stew with Potato RostiNothing beats a stew on a chilly day, and even if you do not eat meat or chicken, you can still make the most wonderful flavored chunky vegetable stew with potato rosti. This dish is made with vegetables instead of meat so it is also nutritious. The onion and garlic are fried first, just to turn them golden brown and bring out their wonderful aromas, then all the other ingredients go into the pot and the stew really starts to take shape. The seasonings for the chunky vegetable stew with potato rosti are cumin and orange juice, and then of course you have the garlic taste. This might not sound like much but don’t forget how great the .....
- Dairy Free Grilled Asparagus with Lemon and Chives RecipeNot being able to eat dairy does not limit your starter options. Just look at this dairy free grilled asparagus recipe. This delicious grilled asparagus is served in a lemon and chive dressing. It is a light starter which goes well with almost any main course. Dairy Free Grilled Asparagus: Freshness Counts with Asparagus Asparagus is seasonal but you will find it all year round because it is imported. If you can get fresh, local asparagus during the spring though, it is highly recommended. Obviously anything grown nearby is going to taste superior to something grown halfway around the world and shipped in. So get fresh asparagus wherever .....
- Pink Toilets and Pink Toilet SeatsPink toilets will make a statement, which is what many people want to do in their homes. The bathroom can often be the best place to be adventurous so don’t rule pink toilets out entirely! If you have a typically conservative taste, yet you want to step out of the box, choosing pink toilets could be the way to achieve this goal. There are no rules when it comes to designing your bathroom; therefore, colorful accessories and fixtures can be an excellent choice. Deciding on the Design, Style and Color of the Toilet Contemporary toilets and bathroom designs have become incredibly popular, and many people are choosing bright, vibrant .....